PDA

View Full Version : ittle confused

rickyd123
12-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm new to channeling. I've been reading a book: Edgar Cayce On Channeling Your Higher Self.
In the book Edgar say that channeling the deceased is a bad idea because they are in the afterlife learning things and it's not helpful to them or the living to bring them here.
Now I'm not saying I want to channel the dead. I'm just confused about something so please bear with me before passing judgement.
I like the show Long Island Medium. It seems to me that she encounters the deceased just about every where she goes. She isn't calling them. They are hanging around their loved ones and when she comes in contact with them they want to communicate thru her. I know there will be those that think the show is a hoax. I don't and I am a pretty skeptical person by nature. Anyway.
My confusion is about who's right. Edgar or my eyes. Are spirits of the deceased here with us or are they called to earth by channels.

John32241
14-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi Ricky,

It is my understanding that most of what we think are deceased beings are in fact the energy residue that they have left behind when they passed over.

In fact, every human leaves an energy residue every where they go.

Channeling the higher self is about the most useful thing a person can do, as I see these things.

John

Nameless
14-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Not to knock Edgar (I would never want to do that) but, well, maybe Edgar had ghosts in mind. And maybe the time he lived in had something to do with it as well. I have heard from many different sources that the "veil" between this world and the next has been "thinning" and what was hard to reach for before is all available to us now. So maybe ghosts was all you got when you lived in his time because they may have been easier to reach energetically.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, if you feel called to channel the deceased.

I don't have any interest in channeling the deceased, but I am fascinated by those that do and how they do it and I think they offer a great service for those looking to connect with loved ones that have passed over. From what I've seen (I love watching Theresa and Medium was my favorite TV show for years and John Edwards, etc, etc,) it can be a very healing experience for the person still living.

I would trust your feelings and your interests and see where that leads you.

Another book recommendation on that subject is Opening to Channel by Sanaya Roman.

rickyd123
14-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. They help.

Henri77
14-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Another factor to consider is that Spiritualism in his time, were often seances. where people attempted to contact specific spirits, whereas today mediums operate differently , and don't impose their will , but share what information comes to them naturally. From spirits around a person.

Yes many mediums inquire about deceased spirits at a client's requests, but still never force contact, and can get information from other sources.

I strongly disagree with Cayce's blanket statement.

As many spirits really want to connect to loved ones to ease their grief-fears, and this is a valuable humanitarian service...
However one has no idea in what context he said that, or the current type of spirit contact being attempted then. As yes, casual seances are probably unwise, and it was likely becoming a fad.

And one could see why his guides cautioned against the indiscriminate use of spirit contact....for entertainment, curiosity

rickyd123
15-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks, that sheds more light on the thought process for me.

Henri77
16-12-2012, 05:03 AM
Thanks, that sheds more light on the thought process for me.

Also no doubt he encouraged readers of that book, to consult their higher self for guidance rather than another soul... and I expect most all teachers would agree with that.

rickyd123
16-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Ok. I put another post on here asking for good books on Channeling. I haven't gotten any replies. If you know any let me know. Thanks

Henri77
16-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Ok. I put another post on here asking for good books on Channeling. I haven't gotten any replies. If you know any let me know. Thanks

I learned in a spiritualist church, and never read any books on this. but expect
others know of some.

Your higher self knows anything you're likely to ever really need.

rickyd123
17-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't have any spiritualist churches in my area. The closest one is about 300 miles away. Thanks for your help.

Lynn
17-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Hello

I have read a lot of Edgar Cayce was even a part of a huge study group on his work at one time. Its one train of thought out there in many. Too we have to remember with the avent of the media more doors have opened up. We are more open to accept what is possible and its more accepted to talk on it.

For me I be much like that open book to Spirits and Ghosts to find me and at times talk with me or interact on some levels. What I do not do is go aroung going there is a message for ye or ye in public. I do have a family to think on as not all would embrace that acpect of me.

I know that I am told that I am never alone by other's that can see what is around me and that I am never turned off to it all unless 'drunk' and that is a rare thing for me to do. Though sadly I know quite a few Medium's with drinking or in revovery from drinking issues as it does drain on one.

When it comes to any kind of communications if its done from the right space it can I feel only serve us on our path of learning and explorations. We simply ask to be in the Devine White Light and that what we get is from and for our Higest and Greatest Good. That we are blessed and protected always.

Meditations are a great tool for opening to what one truly needs to hear from that inner voice what would be that higher self. Too messages can come in ways that are not communications but things that happen or we see around us or in our dreams. Many times we are so busy in day to day life we miss a message given. Something so simple as a sign on the road that makes us stop and glace a bit longer at what it says, or a song that seems to mean a lot in that moment. There is a message there but we often miss it.

Lynn