PDA

View Full Version : What kind of meditation do you practice?

Autumn Ascent
10-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I was wondering what kind of meditations does everyone do? breathing? staring? third eye? binaural? etc? just curious. i find that i can't keep with doing just one or i have to switch up what i focus on every time i meditate or i get bored. then i can't focus or relax. this happen to anyone else? am i the only one that switches up my routine? i know i read elsewhere that it's best to stick with one because you won't get "better" at it but when i was doing it every day and i felt the need to switch my habits then i did just that and got better. i started having crazy realistic lucid dreams, got the astral projection vibrations in the early morning from only doing it for about 2 weeks or so.

Native spirit
10-10-2010, 08:38 PM
:smile: Hey Autumn,

I to switch how i meditate, not that i do very often, but i prefer listening to my music its Native Music i listen to, it just puts me in a comfortable place it works for me,

Namaste

Autumn Ascent
14-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the response. i too enjoy listening to music while i meditate. it's keeps me relaxed as well. i like the hemi sync stuff with the binaural beats. most relaxing stuff i ever listened to.:smile:

spiritflow
14-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I do intention meditation. that is, I focus on my goals and what I would like to achieve. I focus with full concentration and try not to waver at all. I go single mindedly on intending and visualising the goal with crystal clear clarity. This helps hugely to make the goal more vivid, and it also boosts my efficiency in day to day to help that, I use brainwave entrainment audios ie isochronic and binaural beats

Roselove
14-10-2010, 08:05 PM
i've only gotten as far as guided and i suck at that too lol can't concentrate!

LightFilledHeart
14-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I guess it depends on how you define meditation. I don't meditate to create/manifest, I use affirmations for that. When I meditate, I'm not talking to God, I'm listening. For me, this is achieved by executing a number of deep, relaxing breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth, sitting upright in chair that comfortably supports my back, with my hands facing up resting on my thighs and my feet bare and flat on the floor or ground. As I feel my state of consciousness begin to alter, I stop monitoring my breath and just breath naturally. I try not to "think" of anything, but if thoughts crop up, I allow them to parade across the screen of my mind un-analyzed and without resistence. I simply watch them pass by and return to no-thought until the next one comes along. If I am successful in reaching a deep state of meditation, I no longer hear noises or sounds around me, thought ceases, and I am in blissful communion with the divine. This state can last anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour or more. When I feel myself beginning to return to ordinary consciousness, I know the session is over. I very gradually make myself aware of my senses and set the intent of grounding myself, in order to avoid going through the day in a spaced out
partially out of body fashion. By the time I open my eyes, I feel rested, relaxed, and as though my spirit has dunked a straw into Divine Oneness and drunk from its artesian spring, fully nourished and alive.

In the past I have done more structured meditation (Deepak Chopra's Primordial Sound Meditation, for one), but I did not achieve a true communion with spirit in that way, and that's what brought me round to my current method, as communing with the divine (becoming one with God!) is what I truly desire to accomplish in meditation.

a1966s
15-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi,

I have not been able to find any method of meditation that remotely works for me or with me. I've tried so many. I just mumble away to my Guides and Angels every single day and night. I go to sleep trying to quiet my mind but find myself talking to them all the time.

Maybe someone can advise me on methods to try.

sunny shine
15-10-2010, 02:05 AM
I don’t switch very often but; yes i do; I think you should just do what is right for you.