PDA

View Full Version : Everything begins and ends with self.

Wind of Grace
10-10-2010, 03:44 PM
If one is to fully respect another, one must first know how to completely respect self.

If one is to be truly kind to another, one must engage in being wholly kind with self.

If one judges self, they judge the other.

If one dismisses ones own deepest feelings, the true feelings of others are ignored.

If we are to experience peaceful interactions with eachother, we must discover and nuture our own inner peace.

Do you agree that everything begins and ends with self?

Lisa
10-10-2010, 05:30 PM
I think conflict and warring defines and strengthens the ego and peace does not.

And I think I know what inspired your post. :rolleyes:

:smile:

Moonglow
10-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Hello Wind of Grace,

Your OP had me reflecting on some things.

What comes to me is this. If one is content within and truely honest with how one is at the moment then what is there to defend or offend?

Not everything that is projected from others at me is necessarily from me. Sometimes it is the other person going through his/her own issues. But how I react or what it triggers in me is perhaps what needs to looked at or reflected upon.

At times I just simply need to acknowledge, this is not my responsibility to resolve. Meaning giving myself the space to step back and the other the space to work it out. Other times need to recognize that perhaps it is my own misunderstandment of the other person point of view.

So I would say it stems from the self. If one has trust and is is secure in oneself, then again I ask what is there to defend or offend?

Don't conflicts result from one side trying to defend what he/she may feel is the way it is?

So for me it comes down to respect. Respect for the self and the other side of looking at things. Share and learn as best we can. Be open.
Perhaps the practice of this will bring about a more peaceful self and place to be with all.

Some thoughts on this.

Thank You

Peace to you.

Wind of Grace
11-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Moonglow... What comes to me is this. If one is content within and truely honest with how one is at the moment then what is there to defend or offend?

Don't conflicts result from one side trying to defend what he/she may feel is the way it is?
Hi Moonglow,

All is the way it is in each moment, and we are the way we are in each moment too. There is never anything to defend about being, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to examine how we are being from time to time.

The questions that one can ask themself are...

- What is motivating my present actions? Am I automatically reacting to the intensity of the emotions that I'm feeling, or am I taking a moment or two to choose a respectfully measured response?

- Why do I feel the need to defend my position on anything?
In the depths of my heart, what am I striving to achieve by insistingly doing so?

- What needs do I still harbour that I have not yet fulfilled on my own?

Wind of Grace
11-10-2010, 03:14 AM
Lisa... I think conflict and warring defines and strengthens the ego and peace does not.
Hi Lisa,

Conflict and warring are inner states of being.

If one is warring, their war within has not ceased, and peace will remain out of reach.

psychoslice
11-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Yes I agree that the SELF must be Known before we can have true peace on this rock called earth. The Self that is to be Known is our true nature, its pure Consciousness, in this pureness we are all ONE, the mind body's that seem separate are within this Oneness, or Consciousness. To really Know this, one must become Awakened, in this awakened state we truly are One with all, if not we are still in the mind thinking of the idea of being one and that's how far it will ever go.

Wind of Grace
11-10-2010, 03:44 AM
psychoslice... Yes I agree that the SELF must be Known before we can have true peace on this rock called earth. The Self that is to be Known is our true nature, its pure Consciousness, in this pureness we are all ONE, the mind body's that seem separate are within this Oneness, or Consciousness. To really Know this, one must become Awakened, in this awakened state we truly are One with all, if not we are still in the mind thinking of the idea of being one and that's how far it will ever go.

Hi psychoslice,

I agree... Truly understanding that what we do to others, we concretely do to ourselves is essential.

If one keeps thinking that their actions make no waves in this world, they have not yet awakened to the most important knowing of all. WE ARE ALL ONE, and what we choose to do in each moment underlines the present experience that we all share.

psychoslice
11-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Yes very nicely said Wind of Grace, that's what its all really about, Oneness.

Wind of Grace
11-10-2010, 03:56 AM
psychoslice... Yes very nicely said Wind of Grace, that's what its all really about, Oneness.
Thank you psychoslice :)

Yes, that understanding is key to implementing peace as the foundation of our shared existence. It really is one of the most important elements towards creating a peaceful world for all to enjoy.

mArIya
11-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Hi

Love this post

"What happens to one, happens to all" - what do you think of that statement?

This is one statement that defines "oneness" to me or at the least reminds me to not say or think anything but good stuff with loving intent.

Sadly, I fail at this at times - but I always aware of it and cringe with disappointment at myself.

Thankyou for sharing your thoughts

Wind of Grace
11-10-2010, 02:24 PM
loveyduck... "What happens to one, happens to all" - what do you think of that statement?

This is one statement that defines "oneness" to me or at the least reminds me to not say or think anything but good stuff with loving intent.

Sadly, I fail at this at times - but I always aware of it and cringe with disappointment at myself.

Hi loveyduck,

I love the statement that you've posted! If there is a TRUTH to be realized, then I feel that this statement would certainly be a huge chunk of it!

You know what loveyduck? I personally don't feel that 'failing' at living our lives is possible in any way shape or form... and also, we cannot 'succeed' at it either. What we can do though is discover for ourselves how we can live as comfortably as possible despite what's happening in our lives.

Ceasing to judge oneself is of primary importance. If one ends their judgement of self, they subsequently cease to judge others.

Here's an exercise that you can practice if you like... I regularly use this tool in my own life, it really works for me...

- If you're feeling uncomfortable at times with some of your thoughts or actions, first embrace them for what they are without any judgement, then gently change them while softly dissolving any feelings of disappointment that may be associated with them.

All we can ever do is choose another way of thinking and doing, and this is not right or wrong, it's just a different option that we can explore so that we can enjoy our own personal comfort zone as often as possible.

Replacing self judgement with gentle allowance for change is key.

mArIya
29-11-2010, 05:19 AM
Hello Wind

Thankyou for your reply and your suggestion/exercise to do at times when Im not being very good...LOL

I agree - for all the faults I have and exhibit at times - I have not been happy with myself right then - but I have also embraced what the moment was in those times - a human expression and reaction to a situation. On a spiritual level - I am gutted with the "moments" but Ive also learned to forgive myself and often - take a closer look and see what I may have learned - then tuck it away and move on - with the intent to do better should I be again faced with another "moment".LOL

Thanks for your kindness - I look forward to reading your posts always.

meta_synthesis
29-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Do you agree that everything begins and ends with self?

There is no self.