PDA

View Full Version : lightworkers and seasonal affective disorder

Sungirl
24-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi, I was wondering how many lightworkers also suffer fro SAD?

I have done a tonne of research and i am doing a heap of practical stuff to help but it's not enough, so today i was talking to spirit about how air doesn't seem to gave enough oxygen, fod doesn't sait my hunger and sleep doesn't rest me. I was pondering what it was in sunlight that makes all that stuff work as it should and I started to wonder about the concept of metabolising light.

My SAD started after a massive shift in my life. I had become closer to Spirit and moved out of a dark time in my life.... Is it possible that I have started getting some if my energy from sunlight, which is why winter is so hard now?

Are there any other lightworkers that have similar experiences?

divinejoy916
18-02-2013, 05:18 AM
I am experiencing the same. I feel suffocated here, (Im in New England) the energy is just dead, can't go outside because its so cold, I feel trapped. I need green, warm air, sun, flowers! Even looking at pictures with those things lifts my mood a little, imagine if I were actually there! So I understand what you are going through. It is so bad that I am quite literally thinking about just picking up and moving to Texas. The environment and weather here affects me so bad, so sensitive to my enviornment!

dionysus9412
18-02-2013, 05:26 AM
Hi, I was wondering how many lightworkers also suffer fro SAD?

I have done a tonne of research and i am doing a heap of practical stuff to help but it's not enough, so today i was talking to spirit about how air doesn't seem to gave enough oxygen, fod doesn't sait my hunger and sleep doesn't rest me. I was pondering what it was in sunlight that makes all that stuff work as it should and I started to wonder about the concept of metabolising light.

My SAD started after a massive shift in my life. I had become closer to Spirit and moved out of a dark time in my life.... Is it possible that I have started getting some if my energy from sunlight, which is why winter is so hard now?

Are there any other lightworkers that have similar experiences?

Whats your perception of a lightworker?

i suffer from S.A.D.

Likes2Read
18-02-2013, 06:40 AM
I do, though fortunately, I don't have SAD to the point where it's disabling.

When I was in grade school and high school, I was bullied all day long. So when September rolled around and I started getting depressed, I chalked it up to knowing I was about to end my summer vacation and go back to being tormented daily from September to June. By the time I recognized this trait in myself, I'd been diagnosed with and treated for depression, so I knew what it was.

But then... after I graduated college and joined the working world, surprise! I still was getting the blues in September. That was in the 80s, and I started hearing about the existence of SAD in either the late 80s or early 90s. Eventually, I looked into the possibility that I was dealing with a milder form of seasonal affective disorder.

Now that I am more in tune with myself, I notice that even a long stretch of cloudy days will have me missing the sunlight. I need to have some sunlight that's strong enough to cast a shadow on a regular basis. And the longer the daylight hours are, the better.

Incidentally, sunlight is a serotonin booster, and a deficiency in serotonin can cause depression. As an adult, one of the things the doctor told me to do, to combat depression, was get sunlight. There were other steps, too, and those will probably vary according to each patient's needs, but the sunlight is something we can all benefit from. So yes, seek that light out. It's good for you.

LadyImpreza1111
22-03-2013, 07:08 PM
I think where you live plays a big part in SAD. I live in Alaska where we get very little sunlight in winter. You have to keep busy to keep from being effected by it.

Make sure you are also getting enough vitamin D. Vitamin D is in milk, but not enough to give you the amount of vitamin D you actually need. That is also something we get from sunlight as well.

reikinurse
17-04-2013, 04:18 PM
I have felt this way as long as I can remember I am so new to this lightworker stuff. I was recently told that I am a lightworker and trying to figure out what it is I am to do. I have been a nurse for 20 years, am new to meditating, I love crystals so am taking a course on this and am taking my reiki II. I gave reiki to my dog without even knowing exactly how to do it, but my palm got feverishly hot and it helped him, so something was working! :smile: I am glad to have found this site.

Jill Rose Frew
06-05-2013, 02:40 PM
I have been an energy healer for about 17 years. Somewhere along the way I started seeing sheaths of light in everyone's auras. I notice that at the beginning of November, about the 5th, the innermost sheath lights up. Then slowly through the year, the outer sheaths light up, one by one. These sheaths correspond to seven realms of light, my inner guides say, and that we are healing old stuff from our fall through them down to earth every year. It moves from the core, the oldest and deepest and hardest in winter, out through the lower levels, which are usually (but not always) easier. Winter for me is a very heavy time, too. I'm in New England, USA, and it is very cold and snowy, so harder to get out and bleak. But mostly, there are issues that weigh on me. And then, always around Feb. 5th, there is a shift for the better. The darkest things have been faced and I've tried to heal them, and it is just better. And on Easter morning, three dark bands come off the heart. I see this every year. My guides say three core fears are activated every winter, and these are removed on Easter morning. It's always lighter after that, at least for me.

Moonstar84
21-05-2013, 11:06 PM
I don't know if I'm a lightworker but I do get very affected by the weather. I feel more "dragged down" in winter and feel lighter in the spring and summer. Autumn's ok. When the warmer weather comes it's like something has "lifted" from the atmosphere, for me. I used to live in hot countries when I was little, so that could be a reason as well.

shakti8
08-10-2013, 12:10 PM
This is totally me! The more I spiritually develop, the more sensitive I am to my environment, especially the weather.

My spiritual practices are very much connected with the sun, I love meditating and doing yoga in the sun and just soaking up its love and energy :-) However, this means bad weather is very tough on me...a few overcast days in a row and I feel trapped, fatigued, and experience a lack of energy and "joie de vivre" in general :-\ I also feel that the Sun is what stimulates my kundalini the most :-)

I feel so connected to the Sun its insane! One interesting thing has also been happening to me recently - on cloudy days when my energy and spirits are low, I can get this sudden rush of energy and love for God out of the blue...and then the Sun appears within a minute or two! :-) Cloudiness feels like a fog in my mind and a heaviness in my eyes...but as soon as it's sunny again I feel fresh and alive :-)

Does anybody know the cause of this phenomenon? Or have any tips how to handle stretches of sunless days? :-)

MuadDib
22-02-2014, 08:53 PM
I learned, if not connected to higher energy tightly, Sun and Earth gives you the main energy balance. But ground can be pretty cold in winter...
I swim in free water in spring, and always feel sunny/not sunny day is doing huge difference for me, even water has the same temperature...

Yes, Sun is charger. And any kind of phototherapy works. Fire is another natural charging element - candle, salt lamp, hot bath in winter...
Enjoy any kind of light, even for you eyes, approved scientifically...:wink:

Better known as Jo
24-02-2014, 11:07 PM
I feel better emotionally, mentally and spiritually during rainy days. My body relaxes and I can focus and think better. I live in the South where it is mostly sunny year-round and I don't like it. I grew up on the coast of Washington and loved the storms...they made me feel so alive! Anyone else feel this way?

I read somewhere that the largest concentration of Old Souls and Lightworkers was in Oregon and Washington. Do you think it's from the weather or relaxed values?