PDA

View Full Version : Looking DIRECTLY at 'What IS'

relinquish
23-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Take a look, beyond the entire context of 'mind', beyond ALL that is being 'remembered' or 'forgotten' in this very moment, DIRECTLY at 'What IS', HERE and NOW.

Is it actually possible for THIS to be lacking in any way?

Does completeness actually need to be attained? Or does the entire experience of incompleteness only exist within the context of 'mind'?

Take a look and see for yourself.

Peace :)

Gem
23-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Take a look, beyond the entire context of 'mind', beyond ALL that is being 'remembered' or 'forgotten' in this very moment, DIRECTLY at 'What IS', HERE and NOW.

Does completeness actually need to be attained? Or does the entire experience of incompleteness only exist within the context of 'mind'?

I can get jiggy wit dat!

Rin
23-11-2012, 03:52 AM

I took a look and saw nothing.

BlueSky
23-11-2012, 05:17 AM

People have been looking forever and seeing different things, even within themselves.
For me, it's just not possible and for good reason....IME
What is possible..IME...is to look an see what isn't.

This slowly frees me to see (not look) what 'is', more clearly...IME

Henri77
23-11-2012, 05:52 AM
You make a good point, but it takes more than 5 minutes to see clearly.
Years of meditation typically....

relinquish
23-11-2012, 07:52 AM
People have been looking forever and seeing different things, even within themselves.
For me, it's just not possible and for good reason....IME
What is possible..IME...is to look an see what isn't.

This slowly frees me to see (not look) what 'is', more clearly...IME

IF one does not actually look ENTIRELY beyond ALL that is presently being remembered or forgotten, then yes, they can and will see many different things, even within themselves.

But what do we see if we really DO look totally beyond the whole context of 'mind'?

I invite you all, just for a mintue, to put EVERYTHING down....and just look.

Don't worry. You can pick it all back up again any time you want to.

:P

Squatchit
23-11-2012, 09:39 AM
James - from the response you got, it looks like (pun intended) you haven't been looking properly or truly or really or even ENTIRELY. :D

So rather than "take a look and see for yourself" (which is what was written in the OP), it seems you need to continue looking until you agree with the OP's views.

Hi ho.

*wanders off to feed elephant*

BlueSky
23-11-2012, 09:39 PM
IF one does not actually look ENTIRELY beyond ALL that is presently being remembered or forgotten, then yes, they can and will see many different things, even within themselves.

But what do we see if we really DO look totally beyond the whole context of 'mind'?

I invite you all, just for a mintue, to put EVERYTHING down....and just look.

Don't worry. You can pick it all back up again any time you want to.

:P

The way I see it, that which looks is the contents of the mind. There is no going beyond that for 'me'.
Now if one wants to create another 'me', be it higher self, true self or the likes then, IME, what is looking now is the contents of the mind known as me disguised as something else.

BlueSky
23-11-2012, 09:41 PM
James - from the response you got, it looks like (pun intended) you haven't been looking properly or truly or really or even ENTIRELY. :D

So rather than "take a look and see for yourself" (which is what was written in the OP), it seems you need to continue looking until you agree with the OP's views.

Hi ho.

*wanders off to feed elephant*

Now that is something to see.....and possibly release.

relinquish
23-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Do you guys think it's even possible to answer the questions I asked in the OP?

Beyond all that is presently being remembered or forgotten, what can be known, in any way? Can any opinion exist 'there'?

Miss Hepburn
23-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Does completeness actually need to be attained?

Completeness has never been a Goal of mine.
I feel complete now, so it's not a word I use.

Now, talk to me about feeling even MORE love and we could have a conversation.
:smile:

Gem
24-11-2012, 02:07 AM
You make a good point, but it takes more than 5 minutes to see clearly.
Years of meditation typically....

I'm not so sure. I believe you just observe what is present as it changes and the truth is revealed in whatever happens to be. A heavy meditator or anyother person, really makes very little difference, there is a direct experience occuring to everyone.

While people are distracted by the guru's rhetoric they don't even notice the sensation of their fingers hitting the key pad. The direct experience (what is) is that sensation and the rhetoric is secand hand news

psychoslice
24-11-2012, 02:23 AM
I'm not so sure. I believe you just observe what is present as it changes and the truth is revealed in whatever happens to be. A heavy meditator or anyother person, really makes very little difference, there is a direct experience occuring to everyone.

While people are distracted by the guru's rhetoric they don't even notice the sensation of their fingers hitting the key pad. The direct experience (what is) is that sensation and the rhetoric is secand hand news
I like that Gem.:smile:

amy green
24-11-2012, 10:17 AM
The way I see it, that which looks is the contents of the mind. There is no going beyond that for 'me'.
Now if one wants to create another 'me', be it higher self, true self or the likes then, IME, what is looking now is the contents of the mind known as me disguised as something else.
I am wondering whether you have ever meditated? If so, did you not find that going beyond 'me'/mind/thoughts is not an obstacle?

amy green
24-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Relinquish - Have read any of Eckhart Tolle's books since your OP reminded me a little of the area he speaks of. If so, what is your take on it?

BlueSky
24-11-2012, 12:55 PM
I am wondering whether you have ever meditated? If so, did you not find that going beyond 'me'/mind/thoughts is not an obstacle?

Oh yes, I have most certainly have convinced myself that I have gone beyond me thruout my life.

amy green
24-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Oh yes, I have most certainly have convinced myself that I have gone beyond me thruout my life.
Did you not then experience that you were more than your mind/thoughts, i.e. your soul? If you did - what makes you conclude that this as an illusion?