PDA

View Full Version : The Mothman

magonia
16-11-2012, 06:07 PM
This illusive creature, be it physical, non physical, spiritual or inter dimensional, as been apart of our history for generations.

It has been sighted as far wide as the North America to Northern Europe. But what is the nature of this being? It seems to be para physical in nature if we are to take some of the reports at face value, It has been known to turn up before disastrous events, whether it is the cause of these events, is unknown. They seem to have telepathic abilities as well. Yes it did predict disasters........but not directly. John Keel in some of his articles will give more insight I believe. He wrote a good book Why UFOs which interlinked a lot of other strange phenomena including the Mothman.

I wonder whether, with the correct knowledge you could conjure (if this is the correct term) this creature or even communicate with it on some level..or is the level of consciousness we have not sufficient enough. After all it seems to appear at it own will..or is it responsible to some greater force...and doing it bidding? I cannot say whether this creature is a negative or positive, or maybe these terms do not apply?

Also if by observing or watching grotesque events, does the emotional reaction to the events, show up in the aura and emanates to the surrounding..like you go into a room and you can feel somethings up? Would this negative energy attract the Mothman? What if this energy gets absorbed by the surrounding, would this effect other people, cause an event to happen or a catalyst of some sorts?

The Mothman has been a part of mans history and has many names, The Jersey Devil, Owlman, Mayan Pterosaur, and Batsquatch, each is an interpretation due to the cultures of the observers. Each seems similar, yet different, maybe each individual or groups of individuals see the creature in a different light or way, or it decides how you see it?

I have no doubt it will be seen again.....but how many will notice?

Dancing_Butterflies
17-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Yeah I won't lie, The Mothman fascinates me. I have a few books on the matter. Excellent point you brought up about those other names. Pretty open minded about it but many books say he's a fallen angel, others believe he's an alien. It's pretty confusing wrapping your head around it. Atleast for me.

Envolucris
17-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Here's a bit of personal information I'd be hesitant to share if not for the luxury of internet anonymity: Since I was a child, I have had numerous dreams and visions about being some kind of creature that resembled 'Mothman' in almost every aspect.

I was totally ignorant (consciously) of the Point Pleasant incident and the various flying humanoid myths that abound until 2004, when a friend of mine pointed out the glaring similarities between my dream descriptions and those of 'Mothman'. Talk about a paradigm shift.

Anyway, it's a well-established and integral part of my life now, and I've even provided art for a major book and documentary on the subject (available on Netflix, for some reason). Hell of a thing, really.

cosmonaut
18-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Here's a bit of personal information I'd be hesitant to share if not for the luxury of internet anonymity: Since I was a child, I have had numerous dreams and visions about being some kind of creature that resembled 'Mothman' in almost every aspect.

I was totally ignorant (consciously) of the Point Pleasant incident and the various flying humanoid myths that abound until 2004, when a friend of mine pointed out the glaring similarities between my dream descriptions and those of 'Mothman'. Talk about a paradigm shift.

Anyway, it's a well-established and integral part of my life now, and I've even provided art for a major book and documentary on the subject (available on Netflix, for some reason). Hell of a thing, really.

Wow, that's incredible.. what do your dreams depict? I don't know much about the moth man.. I'll have to google it :)

Envolucris
19-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Wow, that's incredible.. what do your dreams depict? I don't know much about the moth man.. I'll have to google it :)

Haha, I uh...thanks? The dreams are extremely varied and from first person perspective, so I barely glimpses of what "I" look like. The four dreams where I've seen a "Mothman" clearly from third person perspective, they had the same bits and pieces. I've made several shoddy sketches.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/hotherym/Volucris-Redux-Sketch.png

Look at that goofy thing. Those legs'll kick you straight across the Silver Bridge. Man, though. Being one is never scary, so I don't expect to feel fear when I see one from third person. But that's just the nature of dreams, I guess.

cosmonaut
19-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Haha, I uh...thanks? The dreams are extremely varied and from first person perspective, so I barely glimpses of what "I" look like. The four dreams where I've seen a "Mothman" clearly from third person perspective, they had the same bits and pieces. I've made several shoddy sketches.

Look at that goofy thing. Those legs'll kick you straight across the Silver Bridge. Man, though. Being one is never scary, so I don't expect to feel fear when I see one from third person. But that's just the nature of dreams, I guess.

Hahaha! Geez, that just blows my mind.. I'm glad to hear that you don't think it's scary. :)

partofme
22-01-2013, 03:44 AM

My youngest daughter drew something that gave me the moth man impression when she was about 3 or so. She would have awful dreams. So I decided to have her draw what was bothering her. Not sure if its been by something resembling this or that she just happened to pick something up from tv and draw it in this case. A combination of timing and coincidence. :confused:

I feel shes been visited numerous times by something or some one.
This is an example of "just knowing" for me that its something more personal. Just havent been able to figure out exactly what...

Envolucris
23-01-2013, 10:55 PM
My youngest daughter drew something that gave me the moth man impression when she was about 3 or so. She would have awful dreams. So I decided to have her draw what was bothering her. Not sure if its been by something resembling this or that she just happened to pick something up from tv and draw it in this case. A combination of timing and coincidence. :confused:

I feel shes been visited numerous times by something or some one.
This is an example of "just knowing" for me that its something more personal. Just havent been able to figure out exactly what...

Wow. Thanks for sharing that. I'm extremely interested in hearing more if you want to share it on here or shoot me a PM. I can certainly impart more of my experience if you feel that would be of any help to you (and your daughter).

RoseQuartz
26-01-2013, 02:41 AM
So what is that you end up doing in the dreams when you are this creature?

Envolucris
01-02-2013, 04:02 AM
So what is that you end up doing in the dreams when you are this creature?
That's surprisingly difficult to explain. Some of my most vivid 'remote viewing' experiences seemed to be conducted under the guise of the apparent 'mothman' form. As the creature, I've never been vicious or extremely aggressive. Typically I find myself scouting, and there have been a small handful of dreams where some sort of government faction was attempting to use me for various projects I ultimately rejected.

During a particularly traumatic break-up, my ex inevitably became interested in another person. I was genuinely curious about his new crush, and suddenly found myself scouting for them in a dream one morning. That same night, the person revealed in a journal post that they had experienced a terrifying encounter with a red-eyed creature looming in their room. The entity in no way harmed them, but its appearance left them feeling insane and panicked. For me, the correlation was too much.

I really have no way to explain any of the experience. I'm not particularly fascinated by the 'mothman' phenomenon now that I've been made aware of it, and I've never consciously felt a desire to become such a creature. The dream body is simply a form I take very naturally—it feels like an integral part of me. Whatever the case, I'm certainly not dangerous, but having seen the 'mothman' visage from third person, I can sympathize with anyone who has been afraid—their visage and presence is uniquely unsettling.

mom
02-02-2013, 04:16 AM
Envolucris..that is interesting. I've always thought that there is a reason we never find all of these creatures people claim to see. Yet i believe they see them. Interesting to think that what you experience could be somehow a part of the whole picture, on a general level, not just you obviously. In a way, your dream is similar to how i view animal totems. Many believe animal totems are animal spirit guides, but i personally believe it is just a part of yourself, your inner essence. I have had many dreams where i have literally transformed into my animal totems, and have even had these sensations on parts of my body while awake during my days. For example having a specific bird totem, and feeling the sensation of my nose and face transforming and becoming a beak. Your dreams remind me of that a lot, where you are just simply another living thing and it feels as natural as your human skin. I do believe along with all of this, thag we can have any totem, of any living thing (or possibly creature?). And i suppose who is to say that if we are connected that strongly with that part of us that we couldnt project it, say in another place other tha where we are, using oir own psychic abilities. And i would gather that if that is so, it would be just as likely for another to use his/her own abilities and sense what you are sending out. Just something to think about.