PDA

View Full Version : How do I formulate questions?

kindheart
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Hello there,
I tried doing oracle card readings on myself this summer, but I gave up on it. I think I wanna get back into it. However, I was wondering: can you ask questions about the future with oracle cards? Can they, a bit like tarot, give some info on possible outcomes? And how should I formulate my questions? Yes or no questions? Under the formats "How will this situation with _____ turn out? or resolve?" or "What is the likelyhood of _____________ happening?" ? I'm never too sure what's the best format, and what's discouraged.

Thanks for your help! :)

LightFilledHeart
09-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Hello there,
I tried doing oracle card readings on myself this summer, but I gave up on it. I think I wanna get back into it. However, I was wondering: can you ask questions about the future with oracle cards? Can they, a bit like tarot, give some info on possible outcomes? And how should I formulate my questions? Yes or no questions? Under the formats "How will this situation with _____ turn out? or resolve?" or "What is the likelyhood of _____________ happening?" ? I'm never too sure what's the best format, and what's discouraged.

Thanks for your help! :)

I would advise NOT reading for yourself. The problem is objectivity. As a rule, you see either your greatest desire or your greatest fear! Neither are accurate. I'm a professional reader who has read for others for over 30 years, but I go to a colleague when I want a reading myself :D Just food for thought!

kindheart
09-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Yes, I have to admit I agree with you lol, those seem to be the results I get when I read for myself although I find myself quite accurate when I read for others.

Now how do you suggest I formulate my questions when I go to someone for tarot/regular card/oracle card readings?

green
09-10-2010, 05:29 PM
hi Kindheart

if you like to read for yourself there is a very good book on the topic, titled "tarot for your self" by mary greer..

G

kindheart
09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks green, but I am not familiar with tarot, only oracle card readings... :(

LightFilledHeart
09-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Yes, I have to admit I agree with you lol, those seem to be the results I get when I read for myself although I find myself quite accurate when I read for others.

Kindheart, EXACTLY!!! :D

Now how do you suggest I formulate my questions when I go to someone for tarot/regular card/oracle card readings?

I always ask that that which I am most need of knowing and which is in the interest of my highest good be that which is revealed. That way I sort of put it in the hands of spirit and let it show me the way :smile:

green
10-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks green, but I am not familiar with tarot, only oracle card readings... :(

Kindheart

the book is more about technique and what cards are not important.
try and have a look at the book, maybe on google books? or maybe in a bookstore or someplace...it is a great help for those who want to open cards for themselves....

G

Hand
11-12-2010, 12:23 AM
I am not familiar with the oracle you mention. Using the I Ching one typically asks a yes/no question to which there are 64 possible outcomes! Many Asians ask, "Is it an auspicious time for me to open a business". There follows a lengthy discussion ( up to several hours)based on the response from the oracle. It seems that one decides for one's self, the decision is not made for the questioner. Is it possible with your method that the future could be outlined, as far as whether fortune will be on your side or not?

Adrienne
11-12-2010, 12:45 AM
hello Hand and welcome !

My goodness, 64 possible outcomes ! :icon_eek: I can't believe there can be that many outcomes to one yes/ no question.

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
11-12-2010, 12:51 AM
hi kindheart,

Good question you have asked, " How do I formulate questions? "
So far, several replies and suggestions, but no one has really answered your specific question. ( unless I missed it ? )

I also use oracle cards, and am interested in hearing some suggestions to your question.
I don't usually ask questions, I usually just ask if there is any specific advice or guidance that I need for that day and the cards are usually right on with the answers.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Phaedron
11-12-2010, 01:56 AM
A Tarot method that has worked well for me in the past:

Cut the cards once for each word in the question you are asking.
Then pile them out into yes, no, and maybe piles.
Keep drawing cards until either death or the tower appear.
If its death the spirits dont want to answer.
If its the Tower, it's placement signifies the answer.

kindheart
27-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Hey there,
Thanks to all for all the information on various reading techniques, but again, I am mostly interested in knowing how to better formulate questions... thanks!

Ciqala
27-12-2010, 11:59 PM
With oracle cards it depends on what you want to know. Usually they pick up on whatever is going through your mind, your emotions at the time, so if you ask one question but do not feel it, they will answer what you really wanted to know. I like to just hold them, get to know them, and they answer by what i need to know at the time. It's also good to do a blessing on them before hand, and to cleanse them often. Also, if you let other people use them, make sure to cleanse them afterwards from that persons energy, or the cards will still pick up on the other person. I prefer just knocking on them, and it works. I use them every day, sometimes i just ask, "what should i know about today?" Or "What should i work on?"

The best question is not a yes or no answer, more a question that will help you gain insight into a matter.
Yes or no questions isn't really beneficial, because they don't answer that way, they are usually more in depth. You can ask them anything you want guidance and insight about.

A pendulum is good for yes or no questions, not cards.
For oracles, it's good to phrase questions like, "what should i know about this matter?" They are good for future questions as well, such as "what will happen with this situation?" You can even tell them a whole sob story or situation, and the end result will give you advice about it.
Oracles are amazing for giving in depth answers of wisdom, so the more widely ranged your question is, the more answers you will receive, i prefer them over tarot.
More examples of questions can include, "What do i need to know about my relationship?"
"What is the evolving nature of my situation?"
"If i take this action, what will be the result?"
"What wisdom is here for me today, about my job or career?"
"How Can i improve my situation?"
"I am confused, can you help me understand this ___"
Most oracle cards are designed to help you discover wisdom to help you understand the here and now, over the future, but they can still help you in future questions. They are amazing tools of guidance.

In order to receive better answers, it's good to pick an oracle card deck that you feel connected to.
The way i like to use them, is I first cleanse, or knock on them to clear out other energies, then i hold them, shuffle them, and send them my question out loud or through thought, and allow them to have time to pick up on my energies and feelings and thoughts. I don't do any spreads or anything, i just lay them on the floor with their backs up so i can't see them, and sense what card, or what cards want to talk to me. Sometimes i use them as a spiritual communication between me and my spirit guides, and i ask my spirit guides, after i have a ceremony, or after i pray, or after i ask for guidance, to let me know which card to pick. I like Oracles that have a wide range of cards for that reason, so my spirits can pick many answers to choose from. Most times i just go by the energies in my hands... i feel what card is my answer, sometimes it is more than one, but when you feel the energies, it usually heats up, or tingles, or sends vibrations over your hand. Sometimes when you are shuffling the deck, one falls out - that is your card. Sometimes you can even see the card vibrating, or perhaps one moves, or perhaps a bug crawls onto it, or maybe you just have a strong connection to one, there are many ways you can tell which is your card.

kindheart
28-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Thank you SO MUCH Cigala, this is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. This is very helpful. hugs to you :)

Ciqala
28-12-2010, 04:21 AM
No problem :) i wish you all the best in your adventures with oracles.

SoaringSpirit
28-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Kindheart I would say if you want to read for yourself, give it a try. I read for myself all the time and I don't have problems with it, but you do need to get yourself in a 'neutral' frame of mind before doing so.

If you ask a question, be specific and give details, because that way you will get the most accurate answers, BUT, be aware that oracle cards don't 'predict' the future, they just give a guideline, based on present time, as to what is likely to come up - its not written in stone - many things between now and that future event can change the course of your future.