PDA

View Full Version : What inspires your creativity ?

Adrienne
09-10-2010, 07:06 AM
What inspires your creativity ? This can be artistic, musical, writing, anything.

How do you motivate yourself to be creative, when you are not in the mood ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

green
09-10-2010, 10:03 AM
this is a good question.

music and books and you know life in general usually does the trick but when all this don't work.
i need quiet, i need my space to be quiet from the outside world, from people and phone calls and life... and then i do what one of the teachers long ago told me..play and force yourself.
just take the materials, don't think of an out come.. play with it, force yourself to do something with it,, ugly, bad, stupid, it will all go to the garbage at the end, but along the way something will happen, something that will give birth to something else, meaningful something you will relate to and that will be the first step towards whatever.

it allways work for me. it can take time, and it is important to give yourself the time and not push yourself and criticize yourself, so it is enjoy playing and doing while forcing yourself to do as you are not in a mood for doing.

mind you, sometimes it is important to take some time off and no do anything.
sometimes it is good also to do something different from what you usually do. work with a different media?

G

onlyme2
09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
i read to become more creative the more input i have the more creative i can be criticism is always constructive and other peoples ideas are always welcomed

easy
09-10-2010, 10:35 AM
A lot of things get my inspiration flowing, music, other peoples art, a dream, nature, a situation, a prespective...
well anything can be an excuse to start in some direction really...
I just love to express and explore...
Love and light

Flaneur
09-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I am inspired to be creative when I have time and space in which to play and be free from stress or worries. If i'm stuck I get input from friends or go to the library and pull out random books.

F

ces
09-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I guess for me - the balance of life needs to be just so. I need to feel content, at ease, and then if I am in this place, I get a glimpse of something out the corner of my eye, a sound in my ear or a feeling in my heart/soul that flicks a switch and the creativity starts to move.

Am I a feeling that at the moment - not especially - I'm a little out of balance I reckon :D

Silver
10-10-2010, 06:24 AM
What inspires your creativity ? This can be artistic, musical, writing, anything.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

What inspires my creativity is all my life experiences. Exchanges with others, be it human, animal, spirit, etc.

How to motivate? I think I sleep more, feel the need to recharge; eating or drinking something interesting, sounds weird, but an experience of taking in something colorful or extra tasty or hot & rich, like coffee or cocoa...
:coffee2:

psychoslice
10-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Ohh that sounds nice Silvergirl, I'm on my way to your place, put the jug on.

mrsifuentes
10-10-2010, 11:23 PM
life, nature, literature, family, complex thoughts

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I need some more ideas please, need to get the creativity flowing again.

cheeky_monkey
29-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Family, friends, the people I meet, comedy, the past, experiences I have had (i guess that comes under the past), music. To be fair I haven't done anything too creative in recent times but I'd love to restart my creative side.

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Strange thing is , when I am feeling psychically connected I don't feel creative and usually when I am feeling disconnected, then my creativity kicks in ... except not this time :icon_frown:

breath
29-07-2011, 11:42 AM

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Isolation inspires my creativity in a sense, but It's more of a condition for it. Once I'm alone anything can come into my head and start growing into an idea. Annoyingly as soon as I share anything the idea dies almost instantly! lol

I don't require motivation, or art. I just like it when it's there. But one of my biggest influences that can make me want to do some kind of creative writing is sensuality, sexyness and the female body, especially of my girlfriend. I start getting confusedly amazed at how looking at her can make me feel tipsy and red on the inside, like I've sipped on the strongest wine in the world.

She is my muse really, except for when we're doing mundane stuff together with the kids or out shopping (though there is moments). If I just get to sit with her alone, watch her walking in and out of the kitchen - see her facial expressions when she's alone with me - they become soft and graceful.

Other stuff is dark and horrible emotions like depression, dread, panic. I like drawing things symbolic of those. Especially because I'm not a self proclaimer, and have a high tolerance level for emotional pain - I generally have to express it to myself, alone.

okay, I'll stop there.
Thanks for an opportunity to look at those things :D

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Thank you for sharing breath,

I agree with you on the isolation, I cannot create when there is too much commotion going on around me. I prefer silence or listening to my favorite cds.

ahh, a sensual muse to inspire one's writing creativity .....most interesting idea :wink:

Dream Angel xx

Time
29-07-2011, 12:26 PM
music and emotions. I create much better when im mad, or extremly happy

midnightstar
29-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Being alone and writing.

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 12:50 PM
music and emotions, yes Time I have noticed this too !

beautydylan, may I ask what you write ? stories, poetry ?

midnightstar
29-07-2011, 12:52 PM
music and emotions, yes Time I have noticed this too !

beautydylan, may I ask what you write ? stories, poetry ?

Both, not very good at it though. I might PM you one of my better poems for you to judge.

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 01:03 PM
oh, I do not judge ! I would enjoy reading whatever you might wish to share :smile:

midnightstar
29-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Dum de dum de dum finding one to share ......................

Adrienne
29-07-2011, 01:42 PM
found, read and appreciated ! :hug3: thanks !

Evaah
29-07-2011, 10:17 PM
A whole bunch of things. :eek:
Usually, it's other people's art. The illustrations of others. Novels, film, music, etc.

I usually have no shortage of creativity - in fact, I have a surplus of ideas. But sometimes, when I feel as though I'm lacking (usually in the writing department), I ask my guides for inspiration.. primarily through dreams. I'll ask them for an "inspiration boost" for the story I'm working on and see what pops up in that night's dream.

When I do have a creativity shortage, though, usually I just stop all creative tasks and read, watch films, or play games. :smile:

breath
01-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Thank you for sharing breath,

I agree with you on the isolation, I cannot create when there is too much commotion going on around me. I prefer silence or listening to my favorite cds.

ahh, a sensual muse to inspire one's writing creativity .....most interesting idea :wink:

Dream Angel xx

My signature is in Old Norse actually, but it's similar to icelandic! :D

Adrienne
01-08-2011, 01:22 PM
thank you :smile:

HallowsEve
01-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Mostly, music. Whever I listen to Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds I for some reason feel the want to paint! Also, nature. General beauty. Beautiful faces, beautiful animals.

Emotions also. Believe it or not, sadness sometimes is a brilliant creative fuel for me. I can write very melancholy poems, stories, and paint very dark things while sad, which mostly turn out well. Need to be in that certain, morbid mindset though.

SueCS
04-08-2011, 05:38 AM
Hi Dream Angel,
I find that we create in many different ways when we are artists, we just do not realize that everything we do is creating and anything can be art.. but to answer your question, when I need inspiration I hang out with some kids. I supply the crayons, markers, scissors and glue, buttons, bows and pieces of string, twigs, leaves, wire and paper. I lay it all out and watch them, play with them and always walk away with a smile on my face and inspired... plus the biggest mess you have ever seen. Just have fun
Sue

OldTimer
08-08-2011, 04:44 PM
I find that drawing in my head while I'm going to sleep primes me to do some drawing the next day. I draw as I drift off....

For me, doesn't matter what I draw as long as it's something, anything. There's always a subject to draw even if it's just a simple still-life I've set up or some news clipping I've collected in my file or something I've taken a pic of with my camera like a bunch of grapes from the garden, for example.

I've got pics of garden grapes "before ripe" and "after ripe"...

I've got a news photo of an elderly Afghanistan man whose expression tells all we need to know about war....

A still-life I set up of onions that dried up and now they're interesting....

Adrienne
13-08-2011, 07:28 AM
hi OldTimer,

Drawing in your head,as you drift off to sleep ... now that is something I haven't heard of before. Most interesting !

Wondering if you have dreams with visions of things to draw ?

Dream Angel xx

marganda
23-08-2011, 04:53 PM
what inspire my creativity are beautiful women, sparkling stuff ( diamond ), furry stuff and colors. Im also inspired of busy things like cities. I love tokyo because they are free.