PDA

View Full Version : How reliable/accurate are pendulums?

seeker89
25-10-2012, 04:09 AM
Like the thread title says, I'm just wondering how accurately pendulums can give answers to simple questions - For example, I want to know which out of 2 jobs I'll be happier at. How accurately could a pendulum tell me this?

Thanks.

sunshineofthesoul
25-10-2012, 07:27 PM
I think Pendulums are very accurate, you just want to make sure you are grounded and focused first. before I ask my Pendulum questions. I like to say a little prayer to make sure I am connected to my higher self. I visualize myself as well as my Pendulum surrounded by white light. When I am ready the first question I ask my Pendulum is "may I ask a question?", if it says no then I put it away and try again another time, if it is says yes the second question I ask is " am I connected to my higher self right now?" when it says yes that is when I begin my Pendulum Reading.

theramin
22-02-2013, 02:05 AM
I believe that accuracy depends on the person. As far as hit miss statistics for the average pendulum user I don't know. But for me, I make a list of the times I know I've been wrong and the times I know I've been right. I add up the two columns and divide the totals to get my percentages.

ZechariahBenDovid
19-04-2013, 09:16 PM
So what are your percentages? After the tragedy at the Boston Marathon, I pulled out my pendulum and asked "are there more than 2 people dead?" It said yes. Then I asked "was more than 1 person involved?" Another yes. Finally I asked "were they American? It said no. 3 for 3. Also I don't ask my pendulum for permission or surround myself with white light and make sure I'm accessing my higher self or any of that hooey. I just start asking questions, and on the rare occasion that it can't or doesn't want to answer it shakes and vibrates and remains motionless other than the slight shaking.

Selbor13
19-04-2013, 09:48 PM
It really depends, pendulums can be easily manipulated. You can make it give you the answer you want regardless if it's correct one or not. Having a clear mind, clear question and no answer in mind helps the accuracy.

I remember one time I wanted to test the accuracy of the pendulum so I asked a question I had the answer to (or so I thought). I had just met a person and they told me they were from the east coast, so I asked my pendulum if the person was american and the answer was no, then I asked if the person was born in the US and again it said no. I asked again but this time I was thinking of the answer because according to me I knew the person was american. Of course the pendulum's answer switched to what I wanted it to be. Later I found out that the initial responses were correct, yes the person lived in the US but was not born in the US and was not a citizen.

Alexis M
29-04-2013, 09:37 PM
My pendulum is programmed in 2 ways a verbal program to allows speaking to my guides and higher self AND the combination of stones to bring balance and love while dispelling negativity. My answers are pretty consistent. However it’s important to note, your ego can influence your answers, and so coming from a place of pure intention or meditation and not being too invested in the answers can let it come easily.
Also if you’re asking numbers or percentage use chart with columns and rows, my guides know I like round numbers so I don’t add 2 or 37. It will be 1% or 5 or 35 or 40.

passnthru2
02-09-2013, 04:13 AM
I was working a job installing pvc irrigation systems in '72, we Had an 80 acre parcel where the farmer plowed under our stakes indicating where the brass valves were to install the access boxes.. there were 48 of them 3 feet deep ..somewhere. the boss wanted 14 of us to dig holes 3 feet deep at random to find them.. so I took 2 brass welding rods off his truck and made L-rods. I used them to find the main line.. the sub-mains, then the lateral lines with the valves. I walked the laterals and made an X with my boot to mark the valve, people dug holes behind me. I found all 48 valves the first hole dug under my X's.

becklyn37
15-09-2013, 02:44 AM
Why not make a chart with percentages on it and ask your pendulum how accurate your answers are. It's easy enough to do, and there are lots of free charts on the internet you can download and print.

wstein
15-09-2013, 02:58 AM
Pendulums are 99% accurate. They swing to and fro and around in circles and seldom break. On rare occasions they hit something and begin to shake or vibrate leading to ambiguous indications.

The accuracy of using a pendulum to answer your question however is up to your skill. Most of the 'trick' is to actually ask a question where the 'yes', 'no' answer means something useful.

Pendulums require exceedingly precise questions to get useful answers. Questions like "which out of 2 jobs I'll be happier at"? are way to ambiguous to illicit any meaningful answer. Happy when? by whose standards? happy in what way? Also neither job may make you happy. Also yo might be happier but not better off. If you just want to feel happy, perhaps a pill might be a better option than a job. One needs to ask the 'right' questions in order to use a pendulum for guidance. Try a question more more like: "is taking job 'A' going to have been clearly beneficial to me as I look back on it throughout my lifetime?"

As some practical advice, I suggest you ask about each job separately first. If neither job or only one job will be satisfactory, the choice is obvious. Only in the case that both jobs would satisfy need you bother to ask which is 'more' optimal. Also ask about other jobs and other options to make sure there isn't some way better choice.

Belle
05-10-2013, 07:42 PM
I've only just started using a pendulum - to interesting effect. For example, I was clearing my house and I asked the pendulum if the room was clear. I thought a strong yes, and saw the pendulum was doing a nice big circle - and at first I thought I had influenced it but then realised that that was the "no" of the clockwise. (I get an anticlockwise for a yes).

But for questions such as whether you will be more happy in a particular job - I'm not sure of the question. Because happiness is such a spurious term. There are so many layers of happiness - the answer might come out as a place where you wind up incredibly unhappy - but as you shred a lot of karma - your higher self is delighted! It is also not a question which necessarily serves the highest good.

Sorry I'm sounding critical and i don't wish to be unkind - but have a think of what you want to achieve. There are no right or wrong answers - but precision and clarity is important.

passnthru2
25-10-2013, 01:29 AM
downing is tremendously enhanced if you meditate daily.. actually everything in your life is enhanced by meditating

while walking back from camping in the mountains our driver lost his keys somewhere along a 4 mile off road/off trail walk. I drew a topographic map in the dirt, and a compass symbol.. rows of numbers.. it said they were 18 feet NE of the big rock 100 yards away. my skeptical friend paced off the 18' and kicked the leaves and the keys rolled out.

another time we were laying white pipe sprinkler systems in orchards, one 80 acre lot had no trees on it yet but we had the sub main pipes in the ground. no risers yet for the sprinklers. just bare plowed ground.. and they plowed under the stakes stat showed where the brass valves, 3' deep, were. there were 48 of them. I found all 48 with L rods, I put X,s on the ground, the crew dug the hole.. every valve found the first hole 3' deep.

CrystalSong
28-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Pendulums take a bit of practice to get good with, just like anything. Having a clear question is very helpful. Questions which require a qualitative answer can be hard to get an answer for. For this reason I always ask "Is it in my Highest Good to..." Spirit cares about my highest good, not so much about passing fancy's, so i don't use it for mundane things as it's as likely as not to just sit and vibrate when it's a question I could have answered without the pendulum.

Using Oracle Cards often help to flesh out more specifics or over-riding essence on a pendulum answer.

Belle
28-10-2013, 03:44 PM
I've been struggling with my pendulum.

I asked for - what i felt were good things - "Will I sell my house this week". I got a yes. And that didn't happen.

Now, fine if the answer had been a "no", it was more a case of "so, is this the week".

Can someone help me unravel?

emerge
27-11-2013, 09:31 PM
I've been struggling with my pendulum.

I asked for - what i felt were good things - "Will I sell my house this week". I got a yes. And that didn't happen.

Now, fine if the answer had been a "no", it was more a case of "so, is this the week".

Can someone help me unravel?

Belle, you have to remember that when seeking answers to future events all any form of divination can tell you is if things remain the same..... this or that will happen or not happen. Unfortunately things change all the time. Like for me....beginning in June I had been receiving messages that my mom was going to pass sometime in Oct. My pendulum was telling me the same thing repeatedly. I used my pendulum to determine when in Oct this was supposed to happen which was in the first week. I asked for guidance and after many flashes of memory..... finally it dawned on me... something in the house was going to do something to my mom to cause her death. Well my mom is still alive.

In an earlier post you were writing about getting a "no" after trying to clear a room. While it's usually fairly easy to clear a house of the run of the mill spirits if you are not dealing with the average spirit it may be a lot more difficult. There are entities that might be attached to our home that are highly intelligent and if they are working with the dark forces they have access to a network of other beings that could have influenced a person to not buy your house. People who are on the side of light often have this sort of problem.

When I was working on keeping my mom alive I found a web site that had a ton of information on it and offered a program for $35 USD that gave instructions on how to clear a person, house, car, land, ect... of almost anything you could think of. I bought it, used it and like I said my mom is still alive. The man's name is Peter Michael and his method of removal is wonderful and uses a pendulum to determine exactly what is going on. He has a series of questions that covers almost every form of attachment and includes things that I knew of but had never heard anyone else mention before. This method of removal is so easy to do almost anyone can do it. And it's way more effective than the methods I used to use because when an entity is removed it can never come back.

I can't remember if I'm allowed to post a URL or not but if you do a search for Peter Michael Entity Attachment you will find his site titled Entity Attachment. It's the best money I've spent in a long time.

Belle ask your pendulum the following questions.
- Are there any demons attached to my house? (even if you don't believe in demons)
- Are there any negative spirit entities attached to my house?
If you have gotten a "yes" to either or both of those questions then ask.
- Are the demons and/or Negative spirit entities (say whatever applies) interfering with the sale of my house?

I've already asked my pendulum and that's why I am asking you to ask yours.
:wink:

Adrienne
01-12-2013, 07:19 AM
I think a lot has to do with how you phrase your question. There used to be a member here who was very experienced with pendulums ( not saying there aren't any here at the moment ) ... and she gave very good advice, I think her name was Medium Laura ... if you can find any of her posts regarding pendulums, very helpful.

DelediaDanae
19-02-2014, 08:31 PM
I also want to know how accurate they are and how do I know if it's just telling me what I want or expect to hear or if it's really a message? I use an alphabet chart I made and at first it gave me nonsense as I'm sure it was trying to get a feel for me. It would spell words that weren;t words. Now it is spelling full sentences. However lets say it goes to the letters R, A, and I. Now obviously my mind is going to think "N or D" and then of course it will go there. So does it do this no matter what? Like what if I ask "Should I ____" and I think of an answer and then it says it. I can't close my mind off completely.
Having a hard time with this. However, it DOES give me the same answer every time. I know I shouldn't ask the same question but I kept thinking, ok, let me try to clear my head better this time! I want to make sure its the guides message and not just what I expect them to say! Still, the answer doesn't change.
I even tried writing questions on paper and then picked up the paper and didn't read it and said give me the answer to this. It didn't really work. It answered the questions out of order cause I think I already remembered what I wrote- also don't you have to focus your energy on the crystal and on the question, just try to do so without attachment to one answer (super hard!)
Also tried asking a question then to try to get my mind off what I wanted it to say to repeat "Tell the truth tell the truth tell the truth"- still i know my mind is slipping through.

Furthermore, what pops in your head before it even spells anything out, is this a psychic answer or just what you want to hear. In other words, is what you EXPECT to hear expected because its a psychic thing? That may be confusing... This is long. Sorry!
I'm eager to hear your thoughts! Thanks!!

Farallon
15-03-2014, 03:20 AM
I tried for years with a few different ones and never seemed to get very correct answers. Wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

Phoenix Rising
24-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Farallon,
Have you tried hydration? That's where I was going wrong. I was not hydrated enough.
DelediaDanae,
I just ask outright, "Am I influencing the answer in anyway?" and go from there.