PDA

View Full Version : Healing from womb trauma??

Meg88
17-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Womb trauma seems to be the most difficult to heal because it occurs so early in a person's life. It sets a certain tone, right from the start.

I accidentally came across a documentary that I thought would be purely political, but it began with a segment on psychology and human nature. Apparently, it has been scientifically proven in recent decades that a fetus in the womb is GREATLY affected by any womb trauma (hearing abuse, experiencing the mother's stress, etc). Following that, if a child is unwanted and isn't experiencing constant human touch, doting and affection, that also contributes to a lifetime of being unable to form functional human relationships, assuming the world is out to get you, being unable to trust people, etc.

Boy did this make sense to me. I was very much unexpected and unwanted. My mother was very young when she had me (19), and my father was not only abusive to her, but he tried to kill me by punching her in the stomach several times while she was pregnant. She told me this when she had too much to drink during a holiday party once. I have now lived 24 years of having abusive relationships myself, not trusting anyone, having partners leave me because I basically have no self worth...feeling "confused" when people like me...assuming people will always lie to me and cheat me.

This makes sense as to why I had feelings like this even as a little kid. How does one escape this kind of conditioning?? The internet has been of little help so far. Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas :)

Gem
17-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Womb trauma seems to be the most difficult to heal because it occurs so early in a person's life. It sets a certain tone, right from the start.

I accidentally came across a documentary that I thought would be purely political, but it began with a segment on psychology and human nature. Apparently, it has been scientifically proven in recent decades that a fetus in the womb is GREATLY affected by any womb trauma (hearing abuse, experiencing the mother's stress, etc). Following that, if a child is unwanted and isn't experiencing constant human touch, doting and affection, that also contributes to a lifetime of being unable to form functional human relationships, assuming the world is out to get you, being unable to trust people, etc.

Boy did this make sense to me. I was very much unexpected and unwanted. My mother was very young when she had me (19), and my father was not only abusive to her, but he tried to kill me by punching her in the stomach several times while she was pregnant. She told me this when she had too much to drink during a holiday party once. I have now lived 24 years of having abusive relationships myself, not trusting anyone, having partners leave me because I basically have no self worth...feeling "confused" when people like me...assuming people will always lie to me and cheat me.

This makes sense as to why I had feelings like this even as a little kid. How does one escape this kind of conditioning?? The internet has been of little help so far. Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas :)

Hi... I felt affected by your story so I thought I'd write something. I think you're right that past traumas can set up a pattern for the future. I feel a bit weird being male at the moment too, and really, I'm not even all that nice a guy myself, so I hope I'm not, like, scary or anything.

I guess people will come with ideas about how to excape this kind of conditioning, and I don't know anything about just one post so can't really have much of an idea about that, but you've done some research into it yourself already and found things out. It probably makes sense, which helps you understand yourself more too.

Maybe you already have some ideas about what you could do to help yourself too, I don't know what they might be, and I think it's always a good idea to talk to someone like a counsellor who is specialized in domestic violence abuse, so it's good to see you're moving forward now and good on you for that.

Native spirit
17-10-2012, 10:46 AM
:hug3: Hey Meg88.

I Feel your pain and im speaking from a councellors point of view you need councelling to help you see, that you are important and you do care and others care for you, you have been conditioned to expect bad behaviour and you feel this is alll you are worth, well that is incorrect you do not need to expect this kind of behaviour from anyone, you are worthy of more than this, none of this is your fault you are a victim of circumstances that are out of your control. you can change your mindset with the help of a councellor and live like you are supposed to you deserve to be loved and to be happy just as everyone else is, you have made the first step by posting it on here and sharing your story. moving forward is the next step good luck.

Namaste

Enlightener
17-10-2012, 04:03 PM

Hi Meg,

I was deeply touched by your life experience. I've been in similar scenarios myself.

I'm happy to give you free counseling if you want, for as long a you want it?

The easiest way out is through :)

Emmalevine
17-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Meg I'm sorry you've been through so much. It sounds so lonely to have been brought into the world in such a terrible way.

Although people on the internet can no doubt support you, I feel you would benefit from professional counselling, preferably face to face, to enable you to come to terms with those difficult experiences and find new ways of relating to the world. You sound remarkably intelligent and aware which might help you move forward as you come to terms with the emotional stuff. I've had counselling myself and it can take time and the right counsellor, but it does help. It changed my life. My background isn't the same but lets just say it wasn't as it should be.

I hope you find the help you need.

Meg88
17-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi... I felt affected by your story so I thought I'd write something. I think you're right that past traumas can set up a pattern for the future. I feel a bit weird being male at the moment too, and really, I'm not even all that nice a guy myself, so I hope I'm not, like, scary or anything.

I guess people will come with ideas about how to excape this kind of conditioning, and I don't know anything about just one post so can't really have much of an idea about that, but you've done some research into it yourself already and found things out. It probably makes sense, which helps you understand yourself more too.

Maybe you already have some ideas about what you could do to help yourself too, I don't know what they might be, and I think it's always a good idea to talk to someone like a counsellor who is specialized in domestic violence abuse, so it's good to see you're moving forward now and good on you for that.

Thanks for your words :)

Meg88
17-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Meg I'm sorry you've been through so much. It sounds so lonely to have been brought into the world in such a terrible way.

Although people on the internet can no doubt support you, I feel you would benefit from professional counselling, preferably face to face, to enable you to come to terms with those difficult experiences and find new ways of relating to the world. You sound remarkably intelligent and aware which might help you move forward as you come to terms with the emotional stuff. I've had counselling myself and it can take time and the right counsellor, but it does help. It changed my life. My background isn't the same but lets just say it wasn't as it should be.

I hope you find the help you need.

Thank you :) I'm on a student's budget though, so finding counseling for little money can sometimes be hard. I will try though! It's weird cause as a grown woman I feel so silly suffering through these memories that happened long ago, but I'm realizing keeping them suppressed has done me no good. Really have to look these demons in the eye and confront them so that they don't affect me anymore. I'm glad you benefited from seeing someone :)

Meg88
17-10-2012, 08:08 PM
:hug3: Hey Meg88.

I Feel your pain and im speaking from a councellors point of view you need councelling to help you see, that you are important and you do care and others care for you, you have been conditioned to expect bad behaviour and you feel this is alll you are worth, well that is incorrect you do not need to expect this kind of behaviour from anyone, you are worthy of more than this, none of this is your fault you are a victim of circumstances that are out of your control. you can change your mindset with the help of a councellor and live like you are supposed to you deserve to be loved and to be happy just as everyone else is, you have made the first step by posting it on here and sharing your story. moving forward is the next step good luck.

Namaste

Thanks so much for your words. Intellectually, I know you're right, but my heart doesn't seem to believe it. I guess I do need a professional to help me deal with all that early life programming so I can play a different tape in my mind :)

Enlightener
17-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Thank you :) I'm on a student's budget though, so finding counseling for little money can sometimes be hard. I will try though! It's weird cause as a grown woman I feel so silly suffering through these memories that happened long ago, but I'm realizing keeping them suppressed has done me no good. Really have to look these demons in the eye and confront them so that they don't affect me anymore. I'm glad you benefited from seeing someone :)

Do it with me :)

Enlightener
17-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks so much for your words. Intellectually, I know you're right, but my heart doesn't seem to believe it. I guess I do need a professional to help me deal with all that early life programming so I can play a different tape in my mind :)

The reason you don't believe it in your heart is because you did create the entire scenario for your own growth and pursuit of spiritual knowing-ness. You're higher self understands all this, which is why you feel it in your heart :)

Meg88
17-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Do it with me :)

Oh thank you for your offer, but I could never take something for free from someone who is not at least getting some funding from an outside source to help :)

Meg88
17-10-2012, 08:30 PM
The reason you don't believe it in your heart is because you did create the entire scenario for your own growth and pursuit of spiritual knowing-ness. You're higher self understands all this, which is why you feel it in your heart :)

True, but I think my higher self also wants to rise above this, fight through it, and come out on top....in a functional, loving life.

I remember when I was a kid, no matter how rough life got (and boy, it got rough...I was not born into a family that was ready for children, let me tell ya!) I felt like I was exactly where I was supposed to be. So spiritually, yes, I wanted to be born into this situation. But deep within me, I also feel that I was supposed to get past it, and manipulate my feelings and the outer world into what I wanted to see. I didn't want happiness to be handed to me; I wanted to attain it, despite the odds. So I guess that's what I'm trying to do right now. I think my soul enjoys the challenge, but ultimately, the challenge is to be met with fortitude and success. I feel deeply that the goal of this lifetime was to come out thriving out of a difficult, painful situation. The phoenix. How fitting, since I am a scorpio. ;)

Enlightener
17-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Yay, you are on the right path! :)

coolchic101
17-10-2012, 10:32 PM
True, but I think my higher self also wants to rise above this, fight through it, and come out on top....in a functional, loving life.

I remember when I was a kid, no matter how rough life got (and boy, it got rough...I was not born into a family that was ready for children, let me tell ya!) I felt like I was exactly where I was supposed to be. So spiritually, yes, I wanted to be born into this situation. But deep within me, I also feel that I was supposed to get past it, and manipulate my feelings and the outer world into what I wanted to see. I didn't want happiness to be handed to me; I wanted to attain it, despite the odds. So I guess that's what I'm trying to do right now. I think my soul enjoys the challenge, but ultimately, the challenge is to be met with fortitude and success. I feel deeply that the goal of this lifetime was to come out thriving out of a difficult, painful situation. The phoenix. How fitting, since I am a scorpio. ;)

You just answered your own question. Very well said. :angel10:

Gem
18-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Oh thank you for your offer, but I could never take something for free from someone who is not at least getting some funding from an outside source to help :)

Sometimes a student has access to free counsel at the school they attend. I go to school, college, but I always wonder if I spell things correctly. Last week I wanted to say advice but I spelled 'advise', which tricked spellcheck. Today I thought there was a theasaurus, which might be a dinosaur... but I meant 'thesaurus':redface: . Funny thing is, I'm pretty good at writing, who am I kidding, I'm really good, but my literacy skills are bunk. It makes no sense.
:coffee2: (Student Nectar)