PDA

View Full Version : The Nature of Experience.

Gem
08-10-2010, 07:41 AM
How do you guys think experience happens?

Ivy
08-10-2010, 10:56 AM
I dont understand the question gem. It leaves me with the questions..do we think experience happens? or just accept experience as it happens?

Even the memory/thought of a previous experience is now a brand new experience of a thought. Does that make sense?

andrew g
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I would say that awareness, knowingness, God is 'The Experiencer'. Creation is the means through which the Experiencer experiences. I would say that the relationship between Awareness and Creation is the relationship between Being and Mind. They are not separate. They go hand in hand though it might be helpful sometimes to conceptualize Awareness as being prior to Creation, and Being as prior to Mind. I would say that prior to Creation, there is still a point OF Creation - an unmanifested potential of pure Consciousness.

Awareness/Knowingness is God. Consciousness is the Mind of God. They are not separate though there may be a time when the manifested returns to a point of infinite potential and The Experiencer awaits a new dream of its Mind through which it can experience itself.

Gem
08-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I dont understand the question gem. It leaves me with the questions..do we think experience happens? or just accept experience as it happens?

Even the memory/thought of a previous experience is now a brand new experience of a thought. Does that make sense?

Yes makes sence.

Firstly, no two experiences are identical... so this is a first.

We believe it happens whether it does or not.

What is this belief that changes moment to moment? Is that even a belief?

Yes we accept it just happens, but it happens as changing from moment to moment so there is no tangible real experience, just the witnessing of change.

Greenslade
08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
We change every day, sometimes many times a day. Today you'll read something on these boards, you'll go do something else but you're imperceptibly changed. Someone writes something and before you know it, it's sneaked past your defences and into your mind. When you think of a previous experience you're looking at it from a different perspective, you're not the same person as the one that had the experience.

I would disagree with you that there is no tangible, real experience. If something happens to us, isn't that pretty real?

Gem
08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
We change every day, sometimes many times a day. Today you'll read something on these boards, you'll go do something else but you're imperceptibly changed. Someone writes something and before you know it, it's sneaked past your defences and into your mind. When you think of a previous experience you're looking at it from a different perspective, you're not the same person as the one that had the experience.

I would disagree with you that there is no tangible, real experience. If something happens to us, isn't that pretty real?

Yep... I reckon it's real enough and experience is as real as it gets, but don't we just believe it happens?

Greenslade
08-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Yep... I reckon it's real enough and experience is as real as it gets, but don't we just believe it happens?

Getting it and believing we've got it are not always the same, Gem.

sound
08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Through intent and expectation Gem ... natural magic lol :)

Ivy
08-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Yes makes sence.

Firstly, no two experiences are identical... so this is a first.

We believe it happens whether it does or not.

What is this belief that changes moment to moment? Is that even a belief?

Yes we accept it just happens, but it happens as changing from moment to moment so there is no tangible real experience, just the witnessing of change.

We can surely experience belief without believing what we believe to be true.

Gem
08-10-2010, 01:17 PM
We can surely experience belief without believing what we believe to be true.

We can be sure what we believe is not true because no two experiences are the same and belief is always changing too.

The think is, how can something in flux and change be called 'real' ... which changind belief can be called true?

Gem
08-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Getting it and believing we've got it are not always the same, Gem.

People pretend they get it, but really they just say what they think, because this fundamental of being and/or non being are just two radical points of view.

There is only to see and see for ourselves.

sound
08-10-2010, 01:21 PM
If something is 'experienced' can it be called real?

Ivy
08-10-2010, 02:35 PM
We can be sure what we believe is not true because no two experiences are the same and belief is always changing too.

The think is, how can something in flux and change be called 'real' ... which changind belief can be called true?

It can be called bob if you like lol.

We can never see our own eyes. But when we look out at the view, it reflects where we stand.

The view changes because we change where we stand.

But we are not what we see...we are the eyes that we see with.

It doesnt matter what you call the view, the word is arbitrary....the important thing is being able to use the view to guide you.

CuriousSnowflake
08-10-2010, 02:48 PM

I think experience is the whole point of this mess we call living. For the sake of context, I'll point out that I believe that All Is One. If I am right, the question that then needs to be asked is "if All Is One, then why do we perceive ourselves as separate?"

So let's do a little thought experiment. Imagine yourself suspended weightless in a spherical, white room. The temperature is perfectly neutral, neither hot nor cold. There is no noticeable light source, nor are the walls themselves illuminated, there is simply whiteness, like the Construct from the first Matrix movie, where Morpheus breaks it to Neo that his previous life was a dream within a prison for his mind. Because there are no shadows, no corners, there is no way to tell the dimensions of this room; the walls could be an inch out of reach or they could be miles away.

Now imagine next that you are also completely paralyzed; you have neither sensation nor visual awareness of your body. It may as well not exist. You cannot even feel yourself breathe or refocus your eyes. Remove next all sound, even your heartbeat, breathing, and even the ringing in your ears. Finally, remove all memory of any other existence. All you know, all you have ever known, is this still, formless whiteness. You don't even have memory of language, so the constant chatter that goes on in the mind of nearly everyone is barred to you.

Could such a state even be called existing? Would there be any way to prove to yourself that you even are? This state is The Void, the UnTime, the singular not-point at which pure Oneness existed before all existing and all befores. It is a state/not state which we cannot properly describe except through negative language; we can say what it is not, but not what it is. In the absence of That Which Is Not, That Which Is, is not.

Now, inject into this perfect not-state a single red dot. Ahh, so much opens up because of this! First, and most important, this allows for the consciousness in this state to have identity, because at last there is something which it can perceive which it is not. Thus the first, primal duality, This and That, are now possible. Location can now also be derived, because in order for This and That to exist, there must be a imaginary point between the two, the Neither. Now put this red dot into motion. Even more revelations! Time, distance, memory, all of these now become possible. All from a little red moving dot.

This is the point of all of physical reality, to be "little red dots", points of reference necessary for All That Is to exist. Unlike our thought experiment, Oneness cannot even create a point of reference without, because "without" does not exist. The only place is Within, from Itself. Part and parcel with this creation is that these Points Within must be unconscious of their reality as aspects of the Whole, otherwise this game of pretend would come tumbling down like a house of cards in a windstorm. So we must forget that we are One so that we can rediscover it, and thus experience it.

Thus, experience happens because we believe in a daydream of separation, but this daydream is necessary in order for the experiences to be possible.

CS

kaze
08-10-2010, 04:49 PM
born with a conscious, die and remain conscious without a body

other then your short lived one potential life on earth. the universe knows how it works, even if we dont because, really it doesnt matter, it just is

mother nature+father time+ LOVE

im in love with nature, its great, no clouds at all, clarity

Gem
09-10-2010, 08:50 AM
If something is 'experienced' can it be called real?

I think that's as real as it gets....

Then the experience can be felt on subtler deeper levels evoking feelings and sensations so delicate ... as perception can be deeper and deeper uncovering ever more detail and finer and finer ... and more.

kaze
09-10-2010, 06:10 PM
the nature on earth of pure experience, oneness with nature is intense.you can tell your not alone, you divine intervention is there as your subconscious, my world is different, watch the multiplying and diving, knowing life, we will make the finish line i know for sure

kaze
09-10-2010, 06:19 PM
red light, red light, stop your rumors, we taking over

LaMont Cranston
09-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Gem, At the very basic level, we have experiences as a result of our perceptions and conceptions. My friend and teacher said that we actually have 6 senses, the usual 5 (taste, touch, hearing, seeing, smelling) and a 6th one, conceptual thought.

With these 6 senses, we are a complete unit, a total package, and, bottom line, if we don't perceive it or conceive it, it hasn't happened for us. If we experience it, it is real for us. What we do with those perceptions and conceptions, from that point, in on us.

Gracey
09-10-2010, 06:22 PM

As in spiritual experience????

kaze
09-10-2010, 06:23 PM

being awake, letting the sun in, open your blinds

Gracey
09-10-2010, 06:26 PM
being awake, letting the sun in, open your blinds

yeah, that is exactly what is going on right now with me.

spiritual experiences and the brain,,,,,it is mostly in the temporal lobes, but not only in this region.

kaze
09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
"Enlightenment is the understanding that this is all, that this is perfect, that this is it. Enlightenment is not an achievement, it is an understanding that there is nothing to achieve, nowhere to go"
"
well by your definition im enlightened then, im not a lyrical lunatic, my apologies.
im the prodigy, do you roger me?

i understand in more then the basic definition im saying, i understand it came from nothing, therefor i think love is best, its going nowhere anyways, this is it, the game of life, were trapped if we want. and i want to be, life, til death do us part

see always working, working from work, ima pimp in my mind, not a pimps to these hos

welcome to the gathering
welcome to the burying

or i hang you on the wall like an art gallery

Gracey
09-10-2010, 06:53 PM
see always working, working from work, ima pimp in my mind, not a pimps to these hos[/quote]

ha ha ha, that reminds me of Naz....just a slave to a page in my rhyme book. ha ha ha.

kaze
09-10-2010, 06:56 PM
i don't even practice, never getting rusty, more good quotes

i am her feathers, shes fly, flyer than you and flyer than me.
i love her, she loves me too. i love her three times

kaze
09-10-2010, 07:39 PM
music, like rap, helps me think what i type, definite potential in music

atheists are self employed

religious are in a union

trying to get paid in advance, my advance in advance, money overall, lol

kaze
09-10-2010, 07:48 PM
i get my beats from god

swallow my words
if there to nasty
spit them back at me

Gem
09-10-2010, 08:01 PM

Experience is what happens to us, as we perceive it. Things happen we don't even notice. I just mean any experience.

Gem
09-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Gem, At the very basic level, we have experiences as a result of our perceptions and conceptions. My friend and teacher said that we actually have 6 senses, the usual 5 (taste, touch, hearing, seeing, smelling) and a 6th one, conceptual thought.

With these 6 senses, we are a complete unit, a total package, and, bottom line, if we don't perceive it or conceive it, it hasn't happened for us. If we experience it, it is real for us. What we do with those perceptions and conceptions, from that point, in on us.

Yes it is 6 sences as you describe, that makes sence.

If you see something the mind forms that image and if you hear something the mind forms the sound so the body receives the sensation and the mind makes something of it.

kaze
09-10-2010, 08:21 PM
ya, its like your outside looking in, the inner you, what you want your purpose to be

read the note attached
we own you

were stuck here to work, work together

kaze
09-10-2010, 08:50 PM
they say if you pray, you get your blessings ordered and delivered

divine intervention, the birds dont fly without my permission, god in flesh here

kaze
09-10-2010, 08:54 PM
like a circle of knives, i got the sharpest flow around

Gem
11-10-2010, 03:36 AM
like a circle of knives, i got the sharpest flow around

Rap was just invented so people who can't sing or play an instrument can pretend they are musicians, and poets with no linguistic mastery can spout the cliches of modern slang.

But something happens and it is senced so experienced, to each in a unique way, and by perceiving even more deeply there's a refinement to experience. To hear the movement of emotion in beautiful music can bring a tear to your eye and it reveals the pristine beauty of sadness or joy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyYYSSuNmog (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DiyYYSSuNmog)

kaze
11-10-2010, 03:42 AM
limping off tour cause i made more off my second leg

do it big, i get on and have a heart attack, lol

i cry for my love of life

jimi hendrix is good to
but i like my lil wayne

Gem
17-10-2010, 02:14 PM
limping off tour cause i made more off my second leg

do it big, i get on and have a heart attack, lol

i cry for my love of life

jimi hendrix is good to
but i like my lil wayne

Lil Wayne can't play like Hendrix. It's the Jimi hendrix experience. There were men who played the likes of which were never heard before and transformed music with geneous. NOW there are men who slot into genres and maintain the turnover of the pop industry. Where music was played, now it is produced by machines and automated sequencing.

Never take the easy way, if you wanna play then really play. This is the garden of life.

Greenslade
18-10-2010, 01:41 PM
And bringing the discussion about the nature of experience, it's when you experience things that you really understand. Music is a reflection, and with modern music that reflection is even more apparent. Most of the popular music is listened to by people who identify with that genre, they see it as a reflection of themselves or it's an embodiment of how they would like to be. Some just listen to it because they think it's what they should be listening to. Experience isn't too far behind that.

sound
18-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Lil Wayne can't play like Hendrix. It's the Jimi hendrix experience. There were men who played the likes of which were never heard before and transformed music with geneous. NOW there are men who slot into genres and maintain the turnover of the pop industry. Where music was played, now it is produced by machines and automated sequencing.

Never take the easy way, if you wanna play then really play. This is the garden of life.

I agree ... an apple will never be a pear