and I was
Somebody said, choose peace
and I did
But I am no higher than I used to be
Nor more enlightened than my fellow man
There was no gold at the end of the rainbow
there was
just me.

To be all that we are, to me is an acceptance of, well all that we are...the physical body, the mind, the spirit and the possibilities. I know some do, but I'm a questioner and the carrot to the donkey, or the promise of..... doesn't energise me. And thats what I felt from this poem.

Im interested in hearing the ways that people have found most helpful to them...what is it that energises you to look a little deeper/further/wider?

Greenslade
08-10-2010, 10:52 AM
At one time I was struggling with Spirituality. I was reading all kinds of books and trying to get my head round them. Then my head exploded. After that a wise man said to me "Find your Own Truth". That was pivotal. I realised that everyone had their own, that there was no such thing as 'The Truth'. Everyone has their own story to tell, and when you look a little deeper you can find nuggets that are better than anything the gurus can say.

psychoslice
08-10-2010, 11:04 AM
What energized me was total surrender, this came about after wanting to just give up and die, I had nothing more to cling to, I just droped all my stupid beliefs and fell into my SELF.

Starbuck
08-10-2010, 11:08 AM
One of my favourite quotes is "Each person's experience has its own truth."

Also, Neale Donald Walsh says ""The only truth is the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you."

I try to live my life through those statements. I'm not happy or sad because someone tells me to be, or thinks I should be. I want to find my own truth, what resonates in my heart. I look at my dreams, examine my relationships, try to hear my inner voice, listen to what MY purpose is. This is how I find my way. I don't think I'm self absorbed (perhaps a bit!) as I care about others and enjoy relationships, but I'm very aware of my thoughts and feelings and seek to find my spiritual truth in all my interactions in life. This is what energises me more than anything.

Greenslade
08-10-2010, 11:15 AM
I rest my case :-)

Meadows
08-10-2010, 12:03 PM
At one time I was struggling with Spirituality. I was reading all kinds of books and trying to get my head round them. Then my head exploded. After that a wise man said to me "Find your Own Truth". That was pivotal. I realised that everyone had their own, that there was no such thing as 'The Truth'. Everyone has their own story to tell, and when you look a little deeper you can find nuggets that are better than anything the gurus can say.

I understand everyone has their own story. But what is it that energises you? You mention a moment where the opposition of not being able to get your head around books, but finding you could hear the voice of the man. Do you feel one needed the other for you to hear? and now, is it the input of others stories that moves you/energises you?

Meadows
08-10-2010, 12:09 PM
One of my favourite quotes is "Each person's experience has its own truth."

Also, Neale Donald Walsh says ""The only truth is the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you."

I try to live my life through those statements. I'm not happy or sad because someone tells me to be, or thinks I should be. I want to find my own truth, what resonates in my heart. I look at my dreams, examine my relationships, try to hear my inner voice, listen to what MY purpose is. This is how I find my way. I don't think I'm self absorbed (perhaps a bit!) as I care about others and enjoy relationships, but I'm very aware of my thoughts and feelings and seek to find my spiritual truth in all my interactions in life. This is what energises me more than anything.

thanks starbuck, thats very concise.
I dont use the word truth in the context of personal, because I feel there will be a time where will be it... I dont like to water it down lol...it would somehow take away from the joy of seeking:smile: