PDA

View Full Version : Back Into Yoga

miss_vanora
03-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Hey guys,

So back in high school (probably about 9-10 years ago) I got into yoga for the benefits to asthma. I went at it every day and I LOVED how it made me feel and how well it controlled my symptoms.

Well, I haven't done it for about 2 years now because when I moved into my apartment my livingroom was smaller than at my parents' house.

However, I woke up this morning feeling the need to roll out my mat and get right back into it.

I have to say, I feel so energized and alert and I just feel great, in general! I realize now how much I miss the benefits to my body other than to my asthma.

Lauraye
11-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Miss vanora after reading your post it gave me the insentive to get out my yoga mat- I too have fallen away and the past year I feel the aches and pains that yoga have kept me from feeling!! Thank you :-))

BlueSky
12-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Best exercise going!

Xan
12-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Yea Yoga! ... My body loves it.

Xan

Wolfgang
12-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Yoga is good for everything!
I especially like hot yoga once in while.

It's one of the best things though because you are using your own body weight, stretching and strengthening plus you can do it at home with minimal equipment.

BlueSky
13-10-2012, 01:46 AM
I use to really fear having my blood taken. I would tense up for years and it would cause me to have to be stuck again to get the blood. Then one day, one technician told me that I need to breath to let the blood flow. It worked.
From this I understood yoga a little better. Holding a position, feeling the stretch and breathing to allow the blood to fill that area that is tight and fill it with goodness.
I even envision the blood going to such places when I do yoga. Directing it in a way.
Makes sense to me why yoga works the way it does.