PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Past

morning_star222
21-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I know that they are some people that will say that you can not change the past, what is done is done, and no amount of hoping or wishing could ever change it's course. What I am suggesting, however is a method I learned from my dear Friend Seth (Seth Speaks), an entity that was channeled through Jane Roberts. What we must understand, is that although we are physical - we are entities just the same.

When we think of our life, we think in a direct line, past - present - future. The same applies for the history of man-kind. We think in one direction, up & down, left and right. We don't think of, or see the bigger picture.

One of the truths Seth speaks about is that we are living in a System of probabilities. We are constantly making choices, and the choices we do not make, those that could have been - very much are still valid, and the "You" in those valid choices believes itself to be the real you!

There is not just one past, there are many. And they are all happening simultaneously. Time is an illusion of our world. Just as there are many probably presents, and futures, all happening right now. In this way of thinking, it's not hard to see that, although we can not go back in time, physically speaking - we can change the past by imagining it differently. If our thoughts create our World that we presently know, and if time is an illusion - then changing an event in our mind that happened in the "past" can effect our present life right now.

It's not delusional - it's pulling a probable event into our "sphere" of reality. Seth will tell you that it does No good to sit and think about a negative experience that happened in the past, because that person who experienced it is still experiencing it. By thinking about that negative experience, you also draw it into your "now" - making it a part of your "now" reality. By imagining a different outcome (you have to do this quite vividly, and often) you effectively change the past, which effectively changes your "now" and your future!

Juanita
21-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I know that they are some people that will say that you can not change the past, what is done is done, and no amount of hoping or wishing could ever change it's course. What I am suggesting, however is a method I learned from my dear Friend Seth (Seth Speaks), an entity that was channeled through Jane Roberts. What we must understand, is that although we are physical - we are entities just the same.

When we think of our life, we think in a direct line, past - present - future. The same applies for the history of man-kind. We think in one direction, up & down, left and right. We don't think of, or see the bigger picture.

One of the truths Seth speaks about is that we are living in a System of probabilities. We are constantly making choices, and the choices we do not make, those that could have been - very much are still valid, and the "You" in those valid choices believes itself to be the real you!

There is not just one past, there are many. And they are all happening simultaneously. Time is an illusion of our world. Just as there are many probably presents, and futures, all happening right now. In this way of thinking, it's not hard to see that, although we can not go back in time, physically speaking - we can change the past by imagining it differently. If our thoughts create our World that we presently know, and if time is an illusion - then changing an event in our mind that happened in the "past" can effect our present life right now.

It's not delusional - it's pulling a probable event into our "sphere" of reality. Seth will tell you that it does No good to sit and think about a negative experience that happened in the past, because that person who experienced it is still experiencing it. By thinking about that negative experience, you also draw it into your "now" - making it a part of your "now" reality. By imagining a different outcome (you have to do this quite vividly, and often) you effectively change the past, which effectively changes your "now" and your future!

Unfortunately, at the moment, we are physical --and linear time, altho an illusion, is still our reality.....How could you bring the dead back to life in "this" life...you cannot......they are now in spirit where there is no time as we know it, but they now see the bigger picture and know that there was a reason for the circumstances of the when and why......Imagination is a wonderful thing, but it cannot change our reality.....seth had lofty notions for sure, but altho he can see and experience the past and future in the Now, not even he could change our earthly reality, IMHO......

Xan
21-09-2012, 11:43 PM
We may not change the actual past, the events that happened, but there are many effective methods for clearing the conditioning and emotional residue in our subconscious minds.

Xan

Henri77
22-09-2012, 03:21 AM
I must respectfully disagree with Xan & Juanita.

While I haven't yet done this myself there are those who reportedly have altered certain past (personal) events. With very specific techniques beyond imagining.

(I'm not familiar with Seth's teachings )

Times are a changing, and what was impossible years ago may now be far more probable.
I tire of hearing about quantum this & that, as if the word explained something...

But I firmly believe consciousness has virtually NO limits to a truly self realized mind who KNOWS , understands, matter is energy-consciousness.

Well, manifesting temples or resurresting the dead is rather rare, even though this has been reportedly witnessed ... but we really don't know our true potential.
What may seem impossible for one ,may well be childs play for another.

Native spirit
22-09-2012, 09:59 AM
:smile: The past was yesterday tomorrow is the future there is not a lot you can do to change what has been only what is to be.

Namaste

morning_star222
22-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I agree with you Henri. I also agree with Juanita and Xan on some of the points made.

Although we can not bring our loved ones back, (and perhaps it's not out of our possibilities) we can imagine different circumstances for any event that seemed unpleasant - and like I said, bring it into this "sphere" of reality.... helping us heal, effectively changing our present moment and future selves.

I believe we can "jump" back in time - that we can "jump" anywhere we please.

We are so convinced that the physical reality is solid, something permanent - here's a secret, it isn't any more solid or permanent than we are. During deep meditation I have "teleported" although briefly, to other dimensions of reality...

I know that certain plants help you achieve this more easily.. Salvia is great for this... problem is that you don't have much control over where you go! But the experience is mind-blowing regardless.

There is much more to this reality than what we "know" from our physical senses - and there is much more to who we are than what we can begin to fully comprehend. We are unlimited beings - truly, in ever sense of the word. So why limit ourselves?

Xan
22-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Although we can not bring our loved ones back, (and perhaps it's not out of our possibilities) we can imagine different circumstances for any event that seemed unpleasant - and like I said, bring it into this "sphere" of reality.... helping us heal, effectively changing our present moment and future selves.

Quite so. Since our 'reality' is comprised of our perceptions and interpretations, how we see what happened can change in a variety of ways... spontaneously and purposefully.

Henri... It may be possible to go back in time and literally change history, but to be at that level of choice one would first have to clear belief in their conditioned reality entirely. I suggest it's better to start with changing our fixed reactive patterns from memories of the past, which is still a stretch in belief for most people.

Xan

Juanita
22-09-2012, 10:22 PM
I must respectfully disagree with Xan & Juanita.

While I haven't yet done this myself there are those who reportedly have altered certain past (personal) events. With very specific techniques beyond imagining.

(I'm not familiar with Seth's teachings )

Times are a changing, and what was impossible years ago may now be far more probable.
I tire of hearing about quantum this & that, as if the word explained something...

But I firmly believe consciousness has virtually NO limits to a truly self realized mind who KNOWS , understands, matter is energy-consciousness.

Well, manifesting temples or resurresting the dead is rather rare, even though this has been reportedly witnessed ... but we really don't know our true potential.
What may seem impossible for one ,may well be childs play for another.

reportedly????? I believe that the mind is capable of many things and we only use a small part of it.....but bringing back the physically dead???? I don't really go for "reports" but would like to see any proof that this could happen.......time travel is a possibility even if it seems like science fiction and how wonderful it would be to go back in time and change some decisions made....but, would it really make a difference?

Juanita
22-09-2012, 10:25 PM
I agree with you Henri. I also agree with Juanita and Xan on some of the points made.

I believe we can "jump" back in time - that we can "jump" anywhere we please.

We are so convinced that the physical reality is solid, something permanent - here's a secret, it isn't any more solid or permanent than we are. During deep meditation I have "teleported" although briefly, to other dimensions of reality...

I know that certain plants help you achieve this more easily.. Salvia is great for this... problem is that you don't have much control over where you go! But the experience is mind-blowing regardless.

There is much more to this reality than what we "know" from our physical senses - and there is much more to who we are than what we can begin to fully comprehend. We are unlimited beings - truly, in ever sense of the word. So why limit ourselves?

are you saying that you transported your "physical" being or your spirit/conscienseness????

Henri77
23-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Yogananda witnessed a friend-fellow disciple revived from death. My former minister reported doing this personally.
I have reason to believe both, Not from the grave, but certifiably gone.

Is this changing the past?

I've heard other healing stories that effectively changed the outcome of a long past accident-injury.. is this healing or altering the past?
Does it really matter?

Did I witness it? No. But why believe me?

What you believe is the truth for you. No argument there.

I just feel other possibilities are real, based on sources I personally trust.

Jesus could appear with Moses and the 12 Disciples ...and James Randi would call it fakery-illusion-hypnosis.

My heart knows truth when I hear of it... that's good enuf for me, to know somewhere , someone can do this.

I started a thread on levitation, and 4 members shared personal experiences on something everyone else called impossible.

ET's have repeatedly altered, traversed, our history, as have Ascended masters intervened, time is no barrier to them.

Many many of the children today are from other more evolved planets, and have yet undiscovered, unimagined abilities.
They lack our limiting beliefs to stop them.

So, for me, impossible simply means (in actuality) One cannot imagine-conceive how anyone could do this ... As nuclear fission, transplants, space travel was regarded 100 yrs ago

Henri77
23-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Relocating the Eiffel Tower, cancelling 911 would astonish even me.
But altering certain personal events, that's another matter, I feel many of us can do now.

It occurred to me, that my spiritualist minister typically recommended new core member students read Yogananda's book, to open their minds to the possibilities.
It recounts many "impossible" spiritual miracles. Things she understood to be possible.

Nameless
23-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Morning Star: I recently got the book, Adventures in Consciousness, anIntroduction to Aspect Psychology. I am looking forward to reading this! The first chapter is, "The Class that went too far - Seth and Alterations of Consciousness and he led the class into Alpha 2.

I'm still on the fence, though, about AP/OBE. I really want to work through as many fears that I hold as I can before I attempt that, because what we believe we can achieve, and I don't want my fears "showing up" so to speak. While I have gotten rid of a lot of them, I am working on guilt (and I know that doesn't sound like a fear, but if you come from a Catholic background, you will understand what I am speaking about. It is weaved throughout the religion, from the age of 5 - 6, when you have to do your first confession, and then you do them thereafter weekly...then, for whatever you confess to, the priest gives you pennance to do, and you have to go and do that right away...it's a whole thing. And then, there's the devil and how he's going to get you if you do something bad - him I got rid of a long time ago, so I am working my way through these...)

Having the same connection that you do to Seth, I get where you are coming from and I want to try changing the past to change my future, and I was going to do this this month, but got side tracked. Before I do this, I need to pick an event I want to affect. The reason behind this is to help Alternate Selves as well that are still living with this drama. I haven't determined which event to pick yet. Maybe because I need to read this book first, or parts of this book, which goes into all of the states of altered consciousness. The difference with this book is (I'm hoping) explains how to get there. His other books explained the concepts, but not the actual how to do this at home. Because he taught her ESP class, I think this book will help me with that.

So, have you tried this yet?

Juanita
23-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Yogananda witnessed a friend-fellow disciple revived from death. My former minister reported doing this personally.
I have reason to believe both, Not from the grave, but certifiably gone.

Is this changing the past?

I've heard other healing stories that effectively changed the outcome of a long past accident-injury.. is this healing or altering the past?
Does it really matter?

Did I witness it? No. But why believe me?

What you believe is the truth for you. No argument there.

I just feel other possibilities are real, based on sources I personally trust.

Jesus could appear with Moses and the 12 Disciples ...and James Randi would call it fakery-illusion-hypnosis.

My heart knows truth when I hear of it... that's good enuf for me, to know somewhere , someone can do this.

I started a thread on levitation, and 4 members shared personal experiences on something everyone else called impossible.

ET's have repeatedly altered, traversed, our history, as have Ascended masters intervened, time is no barrier to them.

Many many of the children today are from other more evolved planets, and have yet undiscovered, unimagined abilities.
They lack our limiting beliefs to stop them.

So, for me, impossible simply means (in actuality) One cannot imagine-conceive how anyone could do this ... As nuclear fission, transplants, space travel was regarded 100 yrs ago

Levitation is not only possible, but easily done by most physical mediums...so this is not a good example.....anything is certainly "possible", but not always probable.....stories are stories, parables are parables....I think it shows a certain gullibility to believe everything and anything, but hey, that is your story--your truth.....enjoy it my friend.....

Henri77
23-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Levitation is not only possible, but easily done by most physical mediums...so this is not a good example.....anything is certainly "possible", but not always probable.....stories are stories, parables are parables....I think it shows a certain gullibility to believe everything and anything, but hey, that is your story--your truth.....enjoy it my friend.....

I expect nearly everyone here believes, has experienced some things they cannot prove to anyone.
Is this gullability? Self deceit?

You have no idea what I believe yet you judge.

Everything & anything? Rather glib I'd say... and to dismiss so much as mere stories?
Aren't all personal experiences nothing but stories to others?

Regardless I know in my heart what's possible.
As have all visionaries who have been ridiculed.

It's sad when spiritual folks are so quick to dismiss their-our unknown potentials, and ready to tell others what cannot be because they have no documented proof.
(simply more stories, whatever the source) Are they not?

They close that door, that possibility.... I prefer to risk believing in the "impossible", for someone, if not me.
Impossible only means we lack understanding how to achieve something.
The laws of physics are currently agreed conventions, not laws.

It impoverishes our spirit to believe we know all that is knowable-possible and deny all that is beyond that.

And is a bit arrogant as well. IMO

If only one person on earth can bilocate, teleport, travel to the past ....it's not "impossible."

shadedragon
24-09-2012, 01:36 AM
:) on the topic of reviving the dead and altering the past..
I have done many healings in this field, among them, altering a friend's accident as a child and causing her to completely recover hearing as though she had never lost it. Another, miraculous healing was at the beach, we followed some instructions from a loving spirit, one of the counsel of elders. At the end of the healing, we held a long dead crab in our hand and breathed life into it, it awakened, fully healed, and we watched it move about for some time prior to releasing it.
Altering the past is and always has been something we saw as pretty normal. Based on our experiences we can choose what to keep and what to change, of what to keep we have to consider and perceive differently, so we can still learn and change our realities accordingly. It is similar to how we create the future, we can choose that we are already there and thus cannot change it, we can focus and make it a goal, or we can materialize it, although when and how is up to us, and that is the difficultly of deciding the future, do I truly want this to happen and how is it going to affect myself and those around me/those around those involved.
I do though agree with Henri and Xan, they do make some very important points often overlooked.

blackraven
24-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Morning_star222 - There have been times in my life that I have used entertaining thoughts to do a "play over" in my mind and make the results come out completely different. But in time I realized I was making mistakes a current trip down denial lane. Time is better spend moving past those memories altogether and create newer ones to replace the old ones.

Sitting around dreaming up what could have been is a lost cause and a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. It leaves you focussing on the past activity and digging up a lot of old memories attached to old events, which can't be
helped. Personally I've worked too hard to get away from past mistakes to return and go through this process just for the sake of an exercise in futility.

I'll keep moving forward and hope that the decisions I make in the future serve me well and I won't regret them.

Blackraven

shadedragon
24-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Morning_star222 - There have been times in my life that I have used entertaining thoughts to do a "play over" in my mind and make the results come out completely different. But in time I realized I was making mistakes a current trip down denial lane. Time is better spend moving past those memories altogether and create newer ones to replace the old ones.

Sitting around dreaming up what could have been is a lost cause and a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. It leaves you focussing on the past activity and digging up a lot of old memories attached to old events, which can't be
helped. Personally I've worked too hard to get away from past mistakes to return and go through this process just for the sake of an exercise in futility.

I'll keep moving forward and hope that the decisions I make in the future serve me well and I won't regret them.

Blackraven
I love this, blackraven :) a wonderful train of thought, to me, "there are no "what if's" in what we do. Certainly there isn't, and upon realizing this we heal quicker, we allow the 'dirt' to fall into the past and out of the present. Another reason though I love healing the past, altering it is so that we can change our lives for the future and the now, the two stories I shared above were more of examples of what is possible, what I have done but others can learn to do :) there was no what ifs in healing, especially for the past, even more so for the reviving, otherwise you take into consideration way to many variables and lose the healing effect in the end. If you delete a lesson, they will have to experience it until they get it again, which is another thing to think about in healing.

morning_star222
24-09-2012, 04:09 PM

Blackraven

I believe that the past effects us regardless if we move past these memories and create new ones. All of our past memories from past selves effect our "now" self, even if we are not consciously aware of it.

Not to say that creating new memories is a terrible idea, but if we can change a past event in our mind by pulling a probable past into our reality, we can heal our present self. Remember, time is an illusion - all that ever was, or will be, is happening right now.

It isn't delusional or denying the "truth". Because of the reality we live in, all probabilities exist, we are experiencing those probabilities when we think of them - and not just in our minds, but "physically" in different probable realities. (Where the probable you believes it is the real you!)

I have been practicing this technique and delusional or not, it is changing my present reality. Because of this I can create new, more pleasant memories with my family and friends, much more effectively without the past effecting me negatively.

blackraven
25-09-2012, 07:27 AM
I have been practicing this technique and delusional or not, it is changing my present reality. Because of this I can create new, more pleasant memories with my family and friends, much more effectively without the past effecting me negatively.

morning_star222 - I am happy for you and glad this technique has benefitted you to help you move forward without the past effecting you negatively.

I guess I would have to say it all depends on how badly past decisions effected your future. The past still continues to effect me and my family.

So in theory I believe what you say, but in practicality, I haven't been able to apply it to my life other than to move forward the best I can and try to live a new life and hope my loved ones love me despite my shortcomings.

Blackraven

Juanita
25-09-2012, 09:10 PM

I did say that anything is possible, just not probable IMO..... when I was young, I believed in many, many things that now seem ridiculous to me.....If you can transport me back to 2000, I would certainly appreciate it, if not-- then to me these are just stories.....

Neville
25-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Maybe if one changes the way they view the past, It could be regarded, from a certain point of view, as changing the past.

shadedragon
26-09-2012, 02:28 AM
I did say that anything is possible, just not probable IMO..... when I was young, I believed in many, many things that now seem ridiculous to me.....If you can transport me back to 2000, I would certainly appreciate it, if not-- then to me these are just stories.....
Just tell me when and where, you can surely go. But do you think that changing whatever it may be is worth it, that you may end up exactly as things are now for other reasons?
I practice with wakati, a time energy current. She is lovely to work with, I recall my first trial with her, I touched my wall and went into the past, and stepped into the room away from the wall, about twenty to thirty years into the past. There sat my aunt, facing me, and my mother, faced away from me, both still children. My aunt started to say something so I fled, and went back to present time shortly after. My aunt later approached me and said she had a memory of seeing someone that looked like me randomly appear in the room a while back. I was surprised but laughed at what had happened :)
makes me think of all the things that can be changed. But by making those changes, I have to assume responsibility for the outcome, thus there is few that can be changed without massively altering who we are and what we know/understand.
What else do you think is impossible? :P it doesn't take to long to realize that not all is that which it appears. :)

Juanita
26-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Just tell me when and where, you can surely go. But do you think that changing whatever it may be is worth it, that you may end up exactly as things are now for other reasons?
I practice with wakati, a time energy current. She is lovely to work with, I recall my first trial with her, I touched my wall and went into the past, and stepped into the room away from the wall, about twenty to thirty years into the past. There sat my aunt, facing me, and my mother, faced away from me, both still children. My aunt started to say something so I fled, and went back to present time shortly after. My aunt later approached me and said she had a memory of seeing someone that looked like me randomly appear in the room a while back. I was surprised but laughed at what had happened :)
makes me think of all the things that can be changed. But by making those changes, I have to assume responsibility for the outcome, thus there is few that can be changed without massively altering who we are and what we know/understand.
What else do you think is impossible? :P it doesn't take to long to realize that not all is that which it appears. :)

Here and now would be fine.....if I could go back to 2000 "knowing" what I know now, I would have made different decisions....the outcome may have been the same, but the situation and circumstances would have been different......... but as I am a strong believer in what will be, will be, everything happens for a reason, there is a reason for everything that happens and we mostly planned the blueprint of our lives--it is very difficult for me to buy in to such a phenomena....... I realize that not everything is as it appears to be, but don't believe that "anything" is possible........

shadedragon
26-09-2012, 11:35 PM
As you would be two different beings (each moment we are something profoundly new and different) you should decide first how you will let your former self know what you wish them too know. Write a note, letter, etc.
are you familiar with remote influence/ being able to change things around without being present (influencing thought, creating a reality, telepathy, going within another object or being to deliver a message ... there is so much you can do. And you must take into account anything, all possibilities that may occur bc of what you have altered. Try playing with moving upwards and downwards within the planes similar to moving towards the sense of One and None, expanding and contracting consciousness.

Gem
26-09-2012, 11:58 PM
I just don't see why it matters.

shadedragon
27-09-2012, 01:13 AM
For some, it may appear difficult to understand why it does matter. Personally, I use it occationally in healing, seldomly though bc of the fact that whatever lesson you were supposed to learn will have to be learned still, not neccesarily through the same method but something that points out the same idea, the same lesson.
I give the opportunity to others so they can better understand their own potential, themselves and what surrounds them. Many ppl, upon altering the past end up changing it back, as once you trigger the change, suddenly if life is not as it is supposed to be in the current moment, then things will change rather quickly, within a few weeks they may be a different person entirely.
Many of us either enjoy or respect the lessons that have come with life, the lesson of each moment within it, so we don't see reason to change it. I have not done so for my past, as much as it was what it was, it made me who I am today. Maybe it's those with the what ifs in mind, I don't know. :) the what ifs have never bothered me, just the what happened and how we can learn from it.

Gem
27-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Either this topic is completely bogus or I have no idea what it's about. I have no concern with changing the past though, so it doesn't matter which.

7luminaries
27-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Maybe if one changes the way they view the past, It could be regarded, from a certain point of view, as changing the past.

For certain, I think this is both possible and beneficial.

7luminaries
27-09-2012, 03:19 PM

I think this is also possible and beneficial...it is also known as "retelling your story" in a way that is truer to who you are at this moment.

What were viewed as failure, loss or suffering can equally be viewed as a challenge, lesson or opportunity for something new. It is not always an either/or moment or chapter in our lives.

Sometimes it is a both/and (both this and that), and naming it as "both/and" is the retelling that allows us to move forward.

Peace & blessings,
7L

morning_star222
27-09-2012, 06:23 PM
We came here to learn how to create; and to be responsible for what we do create. When you understand that your thoughts create this reality and that we are all co-creating what we know as our World, you will understand that this notion of changing the past is not so far fetched. We reside, truly in a system of probable realities, where everything you can think of exists (because you create it) .. This is why we must be in control of our thoughts.

By limiting our views of the past, we are limiting ourselves, and the world around us. By limiting the views of the present, we are limiting our future selves - and to believe in one certain future, limits all possibilities.

All I'm saying is that we can create a better reality. All of us. Together.

Juanita
27-09-2012, 09:05 PM
As you would be two different beings (each moment we are something profoundly new and different) you should decide first how you will let your former self know what you wish them too know. Write a note, letter, etc.
are you familiar with remote influence/ being able to change things around without being present (influencing thought, creating a reality, telepathy, going within another object or being to deliver a message ... there is so much you can do. And you must take into account anything, all possibilities that may occur bc of what you have altered. Try playing with moving upwards and downwards within the planes similar to moving towards the sense of One and None, expanding and contracting consciousness.

telepathy, of course, but not the rest.....my spirit, I'm sure, can do all of that, but my human, physical body is something else.... I'm afraid that this subject is above and beyond my comprehension... I'm sure there are alternate realities, but to alter reality in such a way and go back in time is foreign to me, but will try that exercise of moving upwards and downwards.....

shadedragon
28-09-2012, 11:25 PM
telepathy, of course, but not the rest.....my spirit, I'm sure, can do all of that, but my human, physical body is something else.... I'm afraid that this subject is above and beyond my comprehension... I'm sure there are alternate realities, but to alter reality in such a way and go back in time is foreign to me, but will try that exercise of moving upwards and downwards.....
Expanding and contracting your consciousness of awareness is a grand step in understanding underlying connections. Once you have developed this skill, you will understand the others, as they come hand in hand :)

ElenaR
15-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi,
I am new here and was very interested in this thread. Is there anyone who has been successful in changing something in their past? Physically changing, not just perception or changing their beliefs about it. I'd very much like to hear from anyone who has done this, and can offer any ideas?
Thanks!