PDA

View Full Version : Lenormand cards

Aurélie
20-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi all,

I just started to learn these Lenormand divination cards my friend gave me, is there any other users on this forum? I love the pictures but am overwhelmed by the ways they should be interpreted. Some say there's also numerology involved, some astrology, and that the meanings of the cards vary a lot depending on the other cards next to it.

Confusing :tongue: but I would love to learn to use them!

Shalimar
21-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Hello Aurelie! :smile:

I have several Lenormand decks and I do love to use them! This Oracle is quite accurate. Yes, you do have to interpret the cards together because their message does change according to the surrounding cards.

For the numerology and astrology it depends. You can do readings even without dealing with that, except if you are using "Le Grand Jeu de Mlle Lenormand" this one is a lot more complex and does have astrology and numerology even flowers language and mythology mixed into it and more cards. But if you got a regular Lenormand deck with 36 cards you can wait to be more acquainted to the Oracle before using numerology and astrology:wink:

Like you I do love the art given to the Lenormand Oracle and that is what made me buy my very first deck about 30 years ago!

Check your inbox as I'm sending you a PM about this Oracle :D

Blessings :hug3:

arive nan
21-09-2012, 07:01 PM
I started learning Lenormand a few months ago. I just stick to the general meanings for the cards without going into numerology or astrology. The meanings and spreads are pretty straightforward that way. With some good, simple instructions you can do readings even if you've never worked with them before. For a party once, I wrote up some instructions, gave out some dollar store playing card decks with the Lenormand names written on their corresponding cards, and people who had never heard of Lenormand before were doing readings with a bit of help. That's how it was for me too the first time I tried out a Lenormand deck at a meeting with my tarot group.

Belle
27-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I have had some very powerful readings from them, and I am curious as to the meanings. I have a deck but haven't delved too far, I find the interpretations quite difficult - more becuase I don't know where to start. I really should apply myself a little more.

escucharla
16-07-2013, 10:28 PM
I would love to know more about Lenormand GT as well! I've tried my hand at reading my own cards, but I've found it quite difficult because there can be so many interpretations that it can be rather confusing.

Any help would be appreciated!

Belle
17-07-2013, 05:51 AM
I got my own deck about a year ago - and I've barely used them as I struggle with understanding the meanings and the connections and hec, yes I guess I'm lazy with reading through. I don'tn get an energetic understanding like I do with tarot.

escucharla
17-07-2013, 04:57 PM
That's really interesting! What is the difference between Lenormand and Tarot? Does it mainly have to do with the spread? Or is it the interpretation of the cards (the pictures on them)?

From what I understand, with Lenormand, it's possible to use a stack of playing cards and just go by the numbers and where they lie.

Teal
17-07-2013, 05:11 PM
I have a antique deck from the 60's I find them interesting but I keep them in a safe place as the little book is aged and I am afraid to get them wrecked.

Belle
17-07-2013, 06:26 PM
To me, all cards are to the same end. However, they vary very differently in energy and structure and sense, but - I would say that you always get what you need.

With Lenormand cards, there is the positioning of the cards, which is very different (or from the spreads I have done) with one card representing the querent specifically - which you don't get in tarot.

I remember one spread with lenormand, where becuase of the position of the "me" card, there was nothing about the future, it was all about what got me here. And, that was frustrating but it sort of joined a lot of dots.

Starr
02-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Hi all,

I just started to learn these Lenormand divination cards my friend gave me, is there any other users on this forum? I love the pictures but am overwhelmed by the ways they should be interpreted. Some say there's also numerology involved, some astrology, and that the meanings of the cards vary a lot depending on the other cards next to it.

Confusing :tongue: but I would love to learn to use them!

There's no numerology or astrology traditionally used with 36 card Lenormand (though a few people add it in, the cards work better without all that). The 54 card Grand Jeu or Astromythological Lenormand (with multiple pictures on each card: a large scene, two small scenes, flowers, constellation, etc.) does make use of these. I'd be happy to help you with your questions about reading either deck, but I'd need to know what kind of Lenormand you have.

Alienka
06-11-2013, 09:10 PM
I use 36 cards one and I love it.
The first time I tried the Grand spread with all the cards, I just got confused!
My hubby, bless him (as he doesn't have much interest in it), seeing my confusion advised me to start with something small and master it.
A few months later I can do the Grand Table too. Of course, there is always something to learn, but at least I am not confused anymore (well, much) :BangHead:

Shalimar
08-11-2013, 04:46 PM
There's no numerology or astrology traditionally used with 36 card Lenormand (though a few people add it in, the cards work better without all that). The 54 card Grand Jeu or Astromythological Lenormand (with multiple pictures on each card: a large scene, two small scenes, flowers, constellation, etc.) does make use of these. I'd be happy to help you with your questions about reading either deck, but I'd need to know what kind of Lenormand you have.

I agree with you Starr! Personally I only use the 36 cards and it is plenty to get very detailed readings and I don't even use the playing card inserts!

IMO so far the best spread ever put together is the NLO by Sylvie Steinbach :icon_thumright: It is awesome to get straight answers to specific questions, to analyze a situation, even to do a general reading about a certain area of life like: love, finances etc...

Starr
11-11-2013, 01:18 AM
Alienka, the Grand Tableau is best talked methodically, one step at a time. Here's an easy way of breaking it down:
http://36cards.wordpress.com/2008/05/01/the-36-card-lenormand-spread/

And you guys, this blog is fantastic, tons of info for beginners to advanced readers:
http://boroveshengra.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/the-darkmoon-and-myfortunae-archives/

Shalimar
11-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks for sharing these links! :) I'm not into the GT but it doesn't hurt to look into something different ;) The blog is quite interesting!

Starr
12-11-2013, 12:30 AM
It's a very old traditional spread that goes perfectly with the deck. Lends itself well to combo reading, houses, method of distance, knighting, counting, reflecting...you get a chance to flex all your Lenormand muscles. :D

Alienka
13-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Alienka, the Grand Tableau is best talked methodically, one step at a time. Here's an easy way of breaking it down:
http://36cards.wordpress.com/2008/05/01/the-36-card-lenormand-spread/

And you guys, this blog is fantastic, tons of info for beginners to advanced readers:
http://boroveshengra.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/the-darkmoon-and-myfortunae-archives/

Thanks a lot Starr!! :blob3: