PDA

View Full Version : Help me help him!

OnAPath
18-09-2012, 10:08 AM
My husband is a great guy, but has been known for his negativity. One inconvenient thing happens, and he goes into "what else could go wrong" mode, and surprise, other things go wrong. Most recently, well, let's just say he's going to make us go broke. His job is on the road 100%, and the things being broken are all essential to do his job, thus needing to be replaced right away. We do not have the means to take care of one thing, let alone all of them.

So, how do I help him to see that his negative thinking is bringing this on himself? I try to get him to tell me good things that happen, to break the negative thinking cycle, but he can't always use his phone. This negativity is manifesting some awful things!

John32241
18-09-2012, 03:16 PM
So, how do I help him to see that his negative thinking is bringing this on himself? I try to get him to tell me good things that happen, to break the negative thinking cycle, but he can't always use his phone. This negativity is manifesting some awful things!

Hi,

I suggest that you be direct with him. He is the one who consciously needs to shift his thinking.

Speak about the power of negative thinking within the context of positive thinking. All those self help books, all the spiritual work shops, all the marketing programs for every imaginable product for personal goals will focus on the power of the positive.

The power of negative thinking is just as productive. See if he can understand that concept.

Best Wishes!!
John

morning_star222
21-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Stick up positive affirmations around your home, he may not read them, but just glimpsing at them will help put them into his subconscious mind! Good luck to you :)

Native spirit
21-09-2012, 09:42 PM
:smile: My friends son made her a little plaque on it he drew a mountain and underneath he wrote, never stand and look at it climb it and you can achieve many things,
she used to look at it all the time when she was feeling down,her son did this for her while he was in hospital recovering from having two bullets taken out of his legs,he was in the army and was shot.he never looked at the bad things in life only the good.this is something your husband should be doing show him these posts maybe they will change his mindset,to thinking positive.

Namaste

Lynn
24-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Hello

First and formost to help anyone they have to be willing to take in helping themselves too move forwards.

On the fridge I am known for printing off funny little quotes that have a possitive message but its not in your face with the message. Reading that makes you smile or giggle but what your not maybe seeing' is that ye are taking in something possitive.

It has to come in small steps forwards so that the feeling of being possitive builds with him and in him where he feels that life is going to be ok. There are always going to be the good things and bad things that happen along our path but we do not need to let them define us.

For men its harder at times to express feelings as they are brought up to hide the deeper levels of emotions at times. They find it hard at times to express feelings or talk to someone about those feelings. I know as I have many men around me that just come to talk to me knowing its ok to express and let things go.

Lynn

stars_joe
21-10-2012, 12:41 AM
So it seems like your relationship with your husband is pretty straining, mabye unbalanced, and cycles of codependency perhaps..and that entails with that :D :[!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZM9KFX0Jeo<<WHO IS JESUS?!!? really come on now

Belle
27-10-2012, 08:02 AM
OnAPath, your role is not to change your husband but to change yourself. If you change yourself, then his negativity won't affect you but at the moment you are on full alert to every nuance that he offers that is negative. He is teaching you something and will most likely continue to teach you until you are free from him getting under your skin as such.

mom
14-01-2013, 07:09 AM
It kind of makes me sad that people think everything comes from thoight like this. In defence of yoir hubby- sometimes things happen because we live in an elaborate world surrounded by much more than ourselves. I dont think thought is a solution to everything. For example i dont necessarily think your husband is bringing it upon hinself to have his work equipment break. However, with that said, his negativity doesnt make tgings better. I agree thought matters and can definitely impact things that happen in our life... but if you have the idea that what unfolds in our life is due to our own thinking, think to what extent that means. What about young children suffering from diseases?

DeAmante1993
17-01-2013, 05:35 AM
When someone is so negative, I like to show them what they still have going for themselves. Let them see what they have. One thing that I have heard that helps, is to take sticky notes or a piece of paper, on this piece of paper you are going to write a statement about a goal that you want. So for example, let's say that you want to lose 10 pounds. Your sticky note is going to say, "I will lose 10 pounds." After writing on the sticky note or piece of paper, put it in a place that you will see it all the time, such as the bathroom mirror or refridgerator. It is not a definite fix, but it may put some more optimism in your husband. Good luck and hope this helps!