PDA

View Full Version : Is there a spiritual reason for hair loss?

Violette
09-09-2012, 09:54 PM
As a child and teenager I had extremely thick hair, it was a major distinctive feature, and I was very proud of it. I'm nearly 25 years old, and for some years I've been experiencing excessive hair falling and hair loss. Doctors found nothing, and now I'm having some natural treatment but I feel I need to dig deeper for reasons.

I wonder if it is somehow connected to spiritual reasons, e.g chakra or something that hair represents.

I'd gladly welcome any idea or thought :sunny:

Violette

Native spirit
09-09-2012, 10:20 PM
:smile: Hey Violette

Sorry to hear that you are loosing your hair, but there are many reasons this could occur it could be stress,genetic.illness,the list goes on ,but not for one minute would i say its anything to do with spiritulism. you could be suffering alopechea,i would visit your doctor if you are are worried,

Namaste

knightofalbion
09-09-2012, 10:39 PM
No dear, there is no spiritual reason for losing your hair.

It could be down to stress or a nutrient deficiency. Add more protein to your diet, take a quality multivitamin/mineral and try pure ocean kelp (loaded with trace minerals).

Xan
09-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Violette... I don't know of a metaphysical cause for losing hair but you could look into Louise Hay's books.

I'm been using a shampoo with horsetail herb in it for several months and find my hair is getting stronger.

Xan

Violette
10-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Unfortunately, doctors found nothing wrong in my body (not even nutrient/mineral deficiency). It would be much better if I there was a medical problem so I would know what to do. :wink: I don't think its genetic either, as I had genetically thick hair like everyone else in my family.

Probably I am a bit misunderstood. I believe that everything happens for reason, even diseases should have an underlying cause - apart from the medical one. A symbolical meaning, a signal for... something. :confused: Not my spiritual awakening, perhaps a much more mundane thing. :rolleyes:

Of course, I'm on a diet, and trying to do everything I can, but also can't stop thinking that I may be on a wrong path...

Thank you all for answering :hug3:
Have a nice day! :icon_sunny:

Racer X
10-09-2012, 03:22 PM
As a child and teenager I had extremely thick hair, it was a major distinctive feature, and I was very proud of it. I'm nearly 25 years old, and for some years I've been experiencing excessive hair falling and hair loss. Doctors found nothing, and now I'm having some natural treatment but I feel I need to dig deeper for reasons.

I wonder if it is somehow connected to spiritual reasons, e.g chakra or something that hair represents.

I'd gladly welcome any idea or thought :sunny:

Violette

Stress ..... plain and simple ~

Doctors found nothing because they were looking in the wrong direction.

Change Your Thoughts, for desire and wanting lead to stress. Letting Go leads to Love~

Racer X
10-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, doctors found nothing wrong in my body (not even nutrient/mineral deficiency). It would be much better if I there was a medical problem so I would know what to do. :wink: I don't think its genetic either, as I had genetically thick hair like everyone else in my family.

Probably I am a bit misunderstood. I believe that everything happens for reason, even diseases should have an underlying cause - apart from the medical one. A symbolical meaning, a signal for... something. :confused: Not my spiritual awakening, perhaps a much more mundane thing. :rolleyes:

Of course, I'm on a diet, and trying to do everything I can, but also can't stop thinking that I may be on a wrong path...

Thank you all for answering :hug3:
Have a nice day! :icon_sunny:

"On a diet" is a very bad idea practiced and failed by many generations. MAKE LIFE CHANGES, not quick fixes ........ MAKE FOOD CHANGES , not poor eating habits then diet and repeat 100 times.

ALkalize~

Things your doctor did not check:
blood PH
cortisone levels
eating habits
exercise habits

ragdoll
12-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Your hair goes through cycles of shedding and regrowing. My sister has been going through this and sadly I think it's just genetics and stress (she's in a very vigorous college program), as my mom has thin hair. She combats it with nutrient supplements and rogaine, as well as doing things like deep conditioning the hair, oil treatments, not washing it every day or every other day (in fact you should go a few days or so without washing), and staying away from bleaching, dyeing, or heat treating the hair. She also makes sure she eats plenty of iron and protein. When I dieted and lost a lot of weight, and it was a paleo diet (I am gluten intolerant), I shed A LOT of hair. I would wash my hair and take out clumps each time. I have very thick hair and no one noticed, but I did. But basically if you are stressed, or your body is reorganizing where the nutrients go (think like defragging a computer), then things like fingernails and hair are the last on the priority list. It's better that your liver and kidneys, etc, function before your hair.

I would make sure you are taking a flax seed or fish oil pill daily, a multivitamin to make up for what you don't take in with food, and some B vitamins and possibly iron supplements. Make sure you get enough protein and iron, and maybe even try some prenatal supplements like folic acid. It couldn't hurt.

alamode
12-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Just taking a stab at a possibility here but hair loss can be caused by an under functioning thyroid, and this is often not diagnosed in conventional medical tests. Iodine would be a key nutrient to supplement with (the iodine in table salt is not the right kind of iodine; I personally supplement with Iodoral).

If you want to pinpoint the exact cause, you can try going to a doctor/chiropractor who specializes in "applied kinesiology" and your body will tell you exactly what's going on.

Here is a really good article on the thyroid that I think anyone will enjoy (its very informative, interesting and simple to read: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kosloff14.htm) (and yes, I know that its on a body builder site, that part doesn't matter, its still applicable to everyone's health). This author is a friend of a friend who is very knowledgeable on health and writes great articles)

morning_star222
16-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Everything is connected to our Spirtual Self - for it forms our World. Stress, "dis-ease", even a change in hormone levels within ourselves can cause imbalance within the Chakras (or vice versa). Your chakras are your "power" centres that govern the physical aspects of yourself. I too, have this problem and "suspect" the Crown Chakra.

Roselove
22-04-2013, 09:00 PM
there is androgenic alopecia which is caused by an excess of male hormones mainly dht have your doctors check to see if that's elevated if not already and for either low or elevated estrogen as well, it may attribute to thryiod issues, stress, infections, parasites/worms etc

The spirtual reason i've read is related to several chakras mainly the lower three esp the root hair gives you a sense of security, i read people with hair loss have trouble being present, suffer with anxiety and there is a lack of self acceptance, prb often strive for perfection and cannot accept themselves as they are.

Selbor13
22-04-2013, 10:29 PM
There's a book called "You can heal your life" by Louise Hay. Her reason is "Fear. Tension. Trying to control everything. Not trusting the process of life." She recommends using the following affirmation a few times a day: "I am safe. I love and approve of myself. I trust life."

jenriggs
23-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi,

I was in the same boat as you, I had beautiful thick hair and started losing a lot of it, and now am no longer proud of my thin hair. I found out I had polysistic ovarian sydrome. Ask your obgyn. look up the symptoms online. I take natural herbs and after a couple months, I don't lose as much. I take vitex and cinnamon. Let me know if you have any more questions.