PDA

View Full Version : Druids

russforever
04-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Not sure if this is the right section, but do Druids exist in any part of our existence/concousness? And was they part of guarding stone henges?

Animus27
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Druids were people who served as judges, priests, doctors and historians for the Gauls, Britons and Irish before the christianization...

russforever
04-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Ok thank you :)

Native spirit
04-09-2012, 10:08 PM
:smile: Druids were also the story tellers of the Celtic Nation who are the welsh irish and scotts,

Namaste

Dancing_Butterflies
05-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I find Druidism fascinating. :smile:

Sungirl
05-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I my ex was (probably still is) a Druid, I meet up with a druid at least once a month and I know of many more. The Druid faith is going strong with many followers :)

russforever
05-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Ok :) may have to do some reading about them, get some knowledge

Dancing_Butterflies
05-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, I want to get more in depth with it. It's definately a very interesting religion if it's considered one. :smile:

Sungirl
06-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Check out Emma Restall Orr, Phillip Car Gomm and The Druid Network

Please bear in mind, there are a number of different styles of druidry, some are very ritualistic and others are very down to earth. Emma Restall Orr taught my ex a "mud, blood and chocolate" style of druidry.

norseman
06-09-2012, 05:48 PM
:smile: Druids were also the story tellers of the Celtic Nation who are the welsh irish and scotts,

Namaste
:D The largest Celtic nation was in fact, Northern England. A confederation of the Brigantes [ Northern England and Southern Ireland ] with the Parisii in East Yorkshire, and the Carvetii in what is now Cumbria.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/british_prehistory/iron_01.shtml

RiversLady
26-09-2012, 03:46 PM
It is unfortunate that there isn't any written information about them except that given by the Romans who were a bit ticked off at them. Unless we can learn to read Ogam, they will forever be a complete mystery to us. And they probably used Stone Henge for their rites, but they had nothing to do with its building since that was several thousand years before they developed themselves.

lili
28-09-2012, 03:58 AM
It is unfortunate that there isn't any written information about them except that given by the Romans who were a bit ticked off at them. Unless we can learn to read Ogam, they will forever be a complete mystery to us. And they probably used Stone Henge for their rites, but they had nothing to do with its building since that was several thousand years before they developed themselves.
Wnen I was a child I used to think I had been druid in a previous incarnation. I hope that as we continue to move into the higher vibations, lost records and teachings of druids will become available.