PDA

View Full Version : Asking the right questions?

Greenslade
05-10-2010, 10:50 AM
"God has never - anywhere in the Bible - promised to answer these three questions: why? where? and when? Questions that start with these words are seldom answered.
But God hears and answers questions beginning with how? or what? These questions sincerely seek wisdom and guidance."

Sometimes no answer is an answer. Sometimes the question is the answer. Sometimes the answer is a question.

Is the answer the end, or is the right question the start of another Journey? As in quest-ion?

Ivy
05-10-2010, 01:52 PM
This is something that I have advocated for a long time...that the question leads to question... the more we realise, the more we realise how much more there is. As the world we percieve gets bigger, we get smaller.

Dream Angel
06-10-2010, 04:37 AM
"God has never - anywhere in the Bible - promised to answer these three questions: why? where? and when? Questions that start with these words are seldom answered.
But God hears and answers questions beginning with how? or what? These questions sincerely seek wisdom and guidance."

hi Greenslade,

just questioning... so God has promised to answer questions beginning with how ? or what ? and how do you know this ?

Sometimes no answer is an answer yes, I will agree with this one.. I have a few friends who like to answer this way, lol ! Drives me crazy !

Is the answer the end, or is the right question the start of another Journey? As in quest-ion?or maybe the answer is "part " of the journey ? a guiding light so to speak ?

Dream Angel xx

kaze
06-10-2010, 04:39 AM
at the end of the tunnel, I was the light
rid the human conscious of religious beliefs, lol

Greenslade
07-10-2010, 12:44 AM
How do I know this, Dream Angel? It gave me better answers, ones that made a lot more sense.

No answer might drive you crazy lol, but it gives you the opportunity to make your own mind up about it.

For me, every answer brings out at least one other question - even if it's asking where that answer will lead me :-)

kaze
07-10-2010, 12:47 AM
why? because, it just, is
where? the graveyard, maybe even telepathic oneness engulfed in light, or a calculator of infinite memories
when? now, spread love.

kaze
07-10-2010, 01:04 AM
no more pain
put a picture in your brain, how can i explain, its telepathy

Greenslade
07-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Dr Seuss
On the loose
In a deuce

kaze
07-10-2010, 03:20 PM
i love dr seuss quotes

You want a description? Her body's sickening, I can be her prescription, I can be her physician.

im(were) the one like in the matrix, dont want to be another number

one life to live, its so hard to be positive

i could lay back like a fat cat, but im a big dog on any track

Xan
07-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Getting back to the OP... There are two questions I consider central in spiritual growth:

- What do I really want?

When I come to the end of my life, what would I like to see that was the theme of my expriencing?

- Who am I?

Who am I beyond my body-mind and conditioning?
Who am I in essence?

Xan

kaze
07-10-2010, 08:53 PM
sorry, feeling like a prophet today, first day back to this forum, maybe i should chill, i know..

Ivy
07-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Getting back to the OP... There are two questions I consider central in spiritual growth:

- What do I really want?

When I come to the end of my life, what would I like to see that was the theme of my expriencing?

- Who am I?

Who am I beyond my body-mind and conditioning?
Who am I in essence?

Xan

What do you feel the theme of your experience has been thus far xan?

Can there be a who you are beyond body-mind/in essence?

Greenslade
07-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Don't apologise Kaze, being like a balloon in the wind isn't such a bad thing after all :-)

Those are not the questions I would choose, Xan. The ones I would choose are -
Who Am I?
Who Am I not?

But then, the Universe is answering me every day, all I have to do is listen.

Dream Angel
08-10-2010, 05:36 AM
just curious then Greenslade, if the Universe is answering you everyday and you just need to listen... do you not ask any questions ? you just listen and receive answers ?

Dream Angel xx

kaze
08-10-2010, 05:42 AM
ya its all telepathy

outside sources, radio/tv/internet have effect
also real people interacting have effect

its the angel and devil on your shoulder like

it make life great. even when its not so

always thinking of extremes, grand thoughts

i could lay back like a fat cat, but ima big dog on any track

a master at work
working subconsciously
im not god, but i am gods son

i dont ask questions, i answer them

Greenslade
08-10-2010, 11:22 AM
I ask every day, Dream Angel - it's my nature to, but I also know that the answers will come regardless of whether I ask or not. It's also my nature the wonder that if the Universe has given me that, what else is there? The Universe gives us what we need when we need it, it's up to us to make sense of that at the time. We can choose to listen, we can choose to ignore.

When you're standing there like a child with some cotton candy in your hand looking up at the big wheel, don't you wonder what it would be like to be riding it?

Dream Angel
08-10-2010, 05:37 PM
The Universe gives us what we need when we need it, it's up to us to make sense of that at the time. We can choose to listen, we can choose to ignore.

When you're standing there like a child with some cotton candy in your hand looking up at the big wheel, don't you wonder what it would be like to be riding it?

Interesting thought on the Universe giving us what we need... and up to us to choose to listen or choose to ignore. Kind of like when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Nope, sorry, I like the cotton candy, but never really liked ferris wheels ! :D

You do ask some interesting questions as topic starters :smile:

Dream Angel xx

pre-dawn
09-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Kabbalah has some good answer as to 'why?'

where? and when? are quite irrelevant in a realm beyond space and time.

Xan
10-10-2010, 09:42 PM
What do you feel the theme of your experience has been thus far xan?

Can there be a who you are beyond body-mind/in essence?

The theme of my experience thus far is discovery... of the being I am, our universal essence, beyond the body-mind.

Xan

ShamanWoman
10-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Discovery, Xan? Or remembering? :tongue:

Xan
10-10-2010, 10:20 PM
ha ha.... re-discovery... :wink:

Xan

angel6m2000
29-08-2011, 05:17 AM
..Her body's sickening, I can be her prescription, I can be her physician.

Is this lil wayne?