PDA

View Full Version : Kundalini

xxSaffronxx
05-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Please could someone explain Kundalini for me?

I had a very good meditation experience which made me feel amazing, aroused and almost orgasmic (only way i can describe it).
I saw lots of swirling colour, with some colours indescribable.
My tutor said it was probably Kundalini.

I have read a few bits about it, but what does it mean to acheive it? How will it benefit me spiritually?

astralsuzy
05-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi Saffron, I may not be the best person to answer this as I know nothing about kundalini. This is what happens to me occasionally. It only happens when I meditate and I am about to astral project. I get the symptoms you describe. I do not like it happening. I do not want it to happen as it ends my astral projection.

Xan
05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Saffron... Seeing colors is not typically a sign of kundalini awakening, but of your Third Eye opening.

Kundalini is a subtle form of vital life force or shakti energy that flows in the central energy column within the body - called the Sushumna - aligned in the spinal cord. In most of us it is essentially dormanant and lies coiled at the root in the body energy system. When it is active and flowing our frequency is raised and our spiritual power and awareness may be enhanced more easily through other practices.

In the process of spiritual awakening various subtle energies become activated to flow more strongly and clearly, and kundalini is one of these. The side effects of this can be quite intense - vibrations, sensations of heat and cold, mental disorientation, emotional flunctuations, spaciness, physical discomforts, temporary illnesses, and so on. Often the activation happens spontaneously and lasts for some days or weeks, and when it isn't recognized for what it is can be quite difficult and frightening.

However, there are simple practices that allow the energy to rise and flow more easily... whether or not the activation has already begun.

KUNDALINI MEDITATION

* First, in your mind's eye or in your sensing, see or feel the sushumna - a column of pure pale blue or silver light - rising from the base of your spine through your spinal cord to the crown of your head.

* Visualize two thin rivers of energy on either side of the Sushumna, broading spiraling around it like a double helix. These are called the Ida and Pingala and are pure flows of yin/yang, receptive/active energies. These form the famous serpent image of kundalini (and the Caduseus symbol of the medical profession). The Ida is colored white and the Pingala is red.

* Breathe in your lower belly, below your navel, for several minutes as your mind slows down and you begin to relax.

Visualize and/or sense pure universal light flowing gently down from above your head, through your crown and down the sushumna column to the root.

* Allow the light to build up and pool there at the base for 3 breaths at least.

* Then breathe the light gently upward through the sushumna, ida and pingala... up to the crown... then down again.

* Now as you breathe through the channels, breathe 1 full breath at least in each of the 7 major chakras, from top to bottom... then only in the central channels from bottom to top.

* Keep a continuous flow of breathing light in these energy channels for about 10 minutes as a daily practice for several weeks at least.

Notes:
- This is a practice that gently encourages and allows these energies to flow without trying or pushing.
- If you have trouble seeing or sensing the channels, just imagine or pretend you do. Your intention will work just as well.

blessings
Xan

p.s. I can't post images but you could search for them on the net... on "sushumna, ida and pingala" or "chakras".

X

Stormweaver
05-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Yo's !!!!!

Cheers Saffron for bringing this Kundalini topic up. I believe you will awaken your Kundalini sooner than you think !

Astral Suzy, I hope time will come when you can astral travel with ease, maybe one day if the sun and moon aligns together, we may meet in the astral world... only if I can get there too hehehe.

Yo Xan, cheers for sharing your knowledge of Kundalini Meditation techniques. It is something that I have enrolled in class for.
I am now attending friday classes called " Sahaja Yoga Meditation " This meditation requires us to do some Affirmations, raising the kundalini, bandhan, foot soaking ( which is pretty cool but embarassing in class as me feet isnt really attractively looking hahaha ), and balancing the left and right sides. Theres so much to do, so at home I just skip all of those and just close me eyes instead and try n relax a bit and see what suprises will come by. However we werent told about the side effects that you have stated.

Thanx dude !

Namaste _/\_

Animus27
06-10-2010, 01:38 AM
If it is Kundalini, you must never force or rush into it. And even then it is not something that is easy, or makes things go smoother. In fact, if you're not ready it can cause many undesirable things. Kundalini is like a fire that burns through all of the things we don't need, and if we're not ready to give those things up, it is all too easy to suffer as a result.

astralsuzy
06-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Thanks Stormweaver, I hope we both get in the astral with ease. I am now really making an effort and doing what Xan suggested a while ago. When I am lying down at night time instead of saying, I will remain awake, I count 1 to 100 and then I start again. If I lose count I know I am falling asleep. I can wake myself up and start again. If I perservere I think I will AP more often.

xxSaffronxx
06-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks Xan for the informative post as always :smile:

xxSaffronxx
06-10-2010, 09:57 AM
If it is Kundalini, you must never force or rush into it. And even then it is not something that is easy, or makes things go smoother. In fact, if you're not ready it can cause many undesirable things. Kundalini is like a fire that burns through all of the things we don't need, and if we're not ready to give those things up, it is all too easy to suffer as a result.
I wasnt even trying for that - it just happened during normal meditation

Uma
13-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Please could someone explain Kundalini for me?

I had a very good meditation experience which made me feel amazing, aroused and almost orgasmic (only way i can describe it).
I saw lots of swirling colour, with some colours indescribable.
My tutor said it was probably Kundalini.

About that orgasmic feeling...any idea what chakra that was in, what area of the body?

I have read a few bits about it, but what does it mean to acheive it?

Kundalini is the power of God manifesting in a human body. To awaken Kundalini to the point where the Energy rises up the Sushumna, as Xan described, is said to be the first step on the journey to enlightenment. As Kundalini travels up the spine you will have more "God" experiences. These experiences will unblock the chakras and start changing your awareness of reality. As your awareness changes, your life changes in amazing ways and you become a different person. You behave differently. People who no longer resonnate with you will move out of your life, and more powerful and positive people will start to enter. All kinds of things start to happen...

How will it benefit me spiritually?

Once Kundalini is awakened She becomes the Inner Guide and you will naturally and spontaneously be lead towards your dharmic goal - to become liberated from the illusion of forms and know yourself as God. Kundalini is you, seeking mergence with the Ultimate Supreme in the crown chakra, Sahasrara - where individual I and collective I connect. There is a lot of up and down movement until Kundalini becomes stabilized at the brow chakra.

By the sounds of your experience, you would have likely had an awakened Kundalini in a previous lifetime and are only now remembering where you left off from previous practices. Someone who has never experiences Kundalini before may start with body rocking experiences at the root chakra. Every experience is different for everyone because we all have our own blind spots and strengths.

Does this help?

sunny shine
13-10-2010, 03:06 AM
Once Kundalini is awakened She becomes the Inner Guide and you will naturally and spontaneously be lead towards your dharmic goal ?

Interesting! so is this one of the ways you understand what is your true purpose in Life?

But awakening Kundalini itself sometimes life time (heard from the experienced).

Lynn
13-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Hello

I had a FULL Kundalini Awakening. I would not reccomend it for the faint of heart it intense and emothonal and physical all in one. I was lead through mine as it started on its won. I was blessed to have a teacher work with me for the full on awakening.

For me the goal at had was to trust that I could open fully to whom I am and still be safe and protected the Spirit work I do.

It was a specieal process shared very much on the Soul Level with anothe whom was on a path of awakening as well. I was safe to explore this .

ITS not child play. There were days when I wondere if I could get past the feelings I had.

Lynn

mahakali
13-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by Uma: By the sounds of your experience, you would have likely had an awakened Kundalini in a previous lifetime and are only now remembering where you left off from previous practices. Someone who has never experiences Kundalini before may start with body rocking experiences at the root chakra. Every experience is different for everyone because we all have our own blind spots and strengths.
This is true, it is different for everyone. If you can accomplish a state of mind where you just observe your thoughts and analyze them as they move from one thought to the next without letting your emotions take over than you will feel incredible bliss. you will see so much truth. for some it is the right time where as others open too soon and have difficultys. some benefit from a guru or teacher some can do it on there own. If you are having incredible energies running through you during most of the day and thinking for hours on end discovering new truths upon truths every second, then i would say it is kundalini. If so then, for you, Id say dont hold back. It is a wonderful thing.

Mouse
13-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm at the body rocking and energy vibrating stage...it's quite nice actually :)

Uma
13-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Interesting! so is this one of the ways you understand what is your true purpose in Life?

But awakening Kundalini itself sometimes life time (heard from the experienced).

Hi Sunny,

From what I understand, we incarnate to fulfill difference levels of "true purpose" simultaneously. Our greatest purpose is to know inside and out all that we are as spiritual beings. But there is only so much that can be accomplished in one lifetime, so each lifetime has its own purpose as well, and we have karmic obligations to fulfill with others who are teachers and students to us. We also have free will to choose how much of our purpose we want to fulfill. We can choose to take it easy and go slowly, or follow a more difficult path and grow faster.

Your true purpose is also linked to your passion in life. Whatever fires you up whenever you think about it and that fire can never be put out - that's pointing to your passion and purpose in this lifetime.

Awakening Kundalini is best done with expert supervision. In my case I did not use any yogic techniques to awaken Her. When I was ready my teacher appeared. One of his gifts is Shaktipat (energy transmission) and Kundalini first awakened in me spontaneously and naturally through the power of his presence. This is the best and safest way. Although my inner Guide is powerful, I chose to stay with my teacher for outer guidance as well. There are three primary guides in my life: Kundalini within, my teacher (Sri Vasudeva) and the Universe. The guide is a principle that exists in the universe and speaks through everything, everyone and every situation. If I'm not receiving well or connected well with my inner guide, then the messages come powerfully from the outside - but they are working together towards the same goal.

In Christian terminology (although most clergy don't realise or don't want to realise this), Kundalini is the Holy Ghost, the teacher is Christ and the Universe is the Father. We live primarily in a world of three dimensions so our higher guidance comes to us in these three ways.

Does this make sense to you?

xxSaffronxx
13-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Thankyou Uma that was very informative.

I cannot remember where on the body it was to be honest, as it was over a month ago now.

I have had the body rock before in meditation – if I have understood what you mean?…………..kind of like while you are laying down you feel like you are falling / rocking / floating on water while rocking kind of thing?

in progress
13-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Awakening Kundalini is best done with expert supervision.
I disagree with this. I think it is okay as long as one isn't trying to force an awakening. A lot of people have had awakenings w/o even knowing what was coming down the pike and have been okay. It is nice to have people to talk to though, people who have gone through it.

AhimsaGal
15-11-2010, 01:24 AM
The Hatha Yoga Pradapika has very good explanations about what Kundalini is and how it rises.