PDA

View Full Version : Beliefs creating your reality

Roselove
04-10-2010, 10:49 PM
I have come across this concept several times and am in the middle of healing abuse and several other issues.. for a long time it's been hard for me to express myself, stand up for myself without fear of people leaving or disliking me or conflict.. since then i have learned to become more assertive and speak my needs.. i've found when we take care of ourselves we tend to attract situations people etc that do the same.. but i still feel guilt and selfishness.. how does one balance their needs with others? and still be succesful at manifesting? thanks!

Xan
04-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Rosewater... The best method I know for releasing negative beliefs, and emotions like guilt and selfishness is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques. There's a brief article about it at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3784 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D3784)

Xan

Roselove
04-10-2010, 11:23 PM
thank you xan i think eft is great.. i just am having difficulty overcoming some of this can't even tap into my own sub cons thoughts, don't know what's right or wrong anymore!

Xan
04-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Then here are my suggestions, Rosewater...

First... Say the phrases with real emphasis and breathing fully with Feeling the forgiving, loving and accepting.

You could tap on phrases like...
"Even though I'm having difficulty overcoming this guilt and selfishness, I deeply forgive, accept and love myself."
"Even though I can't get into my own subconscous thoughts, I deeply....."
And, "Even though I don't know what's right or wrong anymore....."
"Even though I feel _____ about not knowing what is wrong or wrong."

And here's a good EFT technique for uncovering what remains hidden.

Ask yourself, "If I knew what this issue was what would it be?"
or "If I just imagined what this might be about, what would I see and feel?"
or "If I knew what event in the past lead to this belief and feeling, what would it be?"

Also, sometimes we need another person to help uncover hidden thoughts and feelings because they ask different questions. You might get a friend to be an EFT partner with you, or get a trained pracitioner to work with you for a session or two... to get you going again.

blessings,
Xan

Roselove
05-10-2010, 12:54 AM
thank you so much xan! i will try this!

Gerryh
13-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Have a look at Louise Hays stuff especially her subliminal cd's your subconscious could be sabotaging you and through positive affirmations you can reprogram these thoughts. Also look at NLP which could be of help to you

JEN
19-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi All
I think all of the suggestions above are wonderful, and I personally have gained lots of assistance from these techniques. I think Louise Hay writes some good basic stuff on understanding how we our beliefs affect both our body and the way in which we create our "reality".

I have also found the books and CDs of Caroline Myss, and Depak Chopra particular good for understanding and healing ourselves of great benefit on my journey. I have found Kinesiology and Theta healing an excellent way to uncover and begin the healing process of many beliefs, attitudes and experiences that no longer benefit your journey. The big one of course, would have to be forgiveness (the ones who you believe hurt and betrayed you, and yourself for allowing it to happen - not a popular concept but a common belief non-the-less)

However, the concept of "we create our own reality", in my humble opinion, leaves a little to be desired. Now I dont think it is necessarily wrong, but to those who perhaps have not "explored" their own reality in its entirity, it does seem to put the emphasis or responsibility on each individual, and thus the "blame/shame" if all things are not as they "should" be. I believe to be able to get to the stage of actually being able to create our reality, we need to first have a good understanding of what is impacting on it.

For instance, (and I recognise this is a huge generalising and simplification):

the western cultures have generally discarded 'the sacred' and values of conscience, and installed a new 'god' called money, economics and productivity. Related to this paradym are lots of issues around work ethics, status, education status, gender issues, family values, etc
we are instilled with suble traditions, beliefs and acceptable behaviours that we are generally even unaware of, within the 'tribe' of our culture, that inform how we think about and relate to religion, race, people, situations, work, status, etc
the family into which we were born have subtly instilled beliefs, attitudes and acceptable ways of behaving, not to mention the genetic/cellular memories, attitudes, beliefs of the ancesters
then there is our own particular life experiences (good or bad) that have instilled beliefs, attitudes and behaviours
now instill a couple past life and cellular family issues we may have brought in with us to healand we have a broader understanding of what we need to embrace and overcome, if we are indeed going to get to the stage of creating our own reality.

I dont mean this to sound negative at all (in spite of what I have written). I just wanted to emphasise that healing ourselves has lots of layers. It has been my experience that lots of people feel like they have 'failed' their journey because they have already done affirmations, meditation, some healing sessions in a number of different modalities, and basically try to be a good person, but they dont feel they have made it' (wherever IT is!!).... things are still 'happening' to them.

I hope I didnt ramble on too much...... thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts.
JEN

spiritflow
20-10-2010, 08:01 PM
you cant be succcessful at manifesting when there's negative emotion in your system. this means its crucial to get yourself into a higher vibration which will allow you to achieve the success you want. low vibration means low results. high vibration means high results.

if you feel anxiety, insecure etc, this is a perfect sign of a low vibration. you should only be feeling joyous, happy and content on the inside - this is the only way to manifest continuously

JohnL
25-10-2010, 01:46 AM
I am currently going through a "Clearing Beliefs" program that is part of the Sedona Method. What I learned so far is that, in general, you don't even need beliefs to manifest anything. Negative beliefs can be cleared out. Some take much longer than others. By the way, this is a very simple process. And I've had some pretty good results.

Roselove
27-10-2010, 12:41 AM
oh how cool John! i should try that out

Apakhana Akshobhya
28-10-2010, 03:32 AM
I think we can use beliefs as tools, as long as they are realistic, like it's been described in the previous threads but they can also control us.

When they control us, when we loose our conscious awareness, we make for ourself a subjective reality - one comprised of our beliefs, which does not always reflect the nature of objective reality accurately. Like how radical extremist fanatics persecute others for not accepting their beliefs as the truth.

I think there's an understanding needed regarding the nature of our beliefs and ideas, before we can make them work for us.

Dude111
18-11-2022, 03:47 PM
The Mind makes everything "real" so I guess if we write stuff down and keep wishing for it,it has to come at some point.........

It all seems hard getting there however.....

Miss Hepburn
18-11-2022, 05:24 PM
It all seems hard getting there however.....Since we are in the LOA section ...it seems ok to say, if not for you, for others:
As long as you think something is hard or seems hard...it will be.
Watch what you think, it will effect your beliefs...watch what you say (!), it will effect your beliefs ...
and others, also.
Thinking it, believing it, saying it and, then, writing it ---are so very, very powerful.
Catch yourself and train yourself.
My experience, not really an opinion.

girlsearching
15-12-2022, 12:38 PM
Negative thoughts are more powerful than positive ones. It is harder in my opinion to think more positive because the expectations can be unrealistic.

Dude111
15-12-2022, 02:09 PM
A very good point Miss H!!

iamthat
15-12-2022, 06:16 PM
Negative thoughts are more powerful than positive ones. It is harder in my opinion to think more positive because the expectations can be unrealistic.
Such negative thoughts can be very subtle.

For example, I notice that you give your location as Purgatory.

A simple definition of purgatory from Collins Dictionary is "the place where Roman Catholics believe the spirits of dead people are sent to suffer for their sins before they go to heaven."

So by defining your location as purgatory you are affirming that you are in a place of suffering for your sins.

Why not change your location to something like "Paradise on Earth"?

Just an observation.

Peace

Native spirit
15-12-2022, 08:06 PM
I would agree with that

Namaste

Sir Neil
16-12-2022, 11:00 PM
That’s exactly right. When you treat yourself badly, you go around with a giant KICK ME sign above your head. But when you treat yourself well, the reflection the outer world provides for you is a whole lot better.

girlsearching
18-12-2022, 12:19 AM
Iamthat
Such negative thoughts can be very subtle.
For example, I notice that you give your location as Purgatory. Thank you IAmThat, I know what Purgatory means lol
Funny how even when type there is sense of self-doubt too. I know what I must do I have to change my mindset and work on my innerself. I could change my location to Wisconsin I'm from the Midwest.

MikeS80
19-04-2023, 09:35 AM
I have come across this concept several times and am in the middle of healing abuse and several other issues.. for a long time it's been hard for me to express myself, stand up for myself without fear of people leaving or disliking me or conflict.. since then i have learned to become more assertive and speak my needs.. i've found when we take care of ourselves we tend to attract situations people etc that do the same.. but i still feel guilt and selfishness.. how does one balance their needs with others? and still be succesful at manifesting? thanks!It all pretty much come down to and starts with you/us/everyone caring about something that we think/believe is important when that something is not important at all.

Everyone creates/manifests their personal subjective reality by caring about what they think/believe is important, and by not caring about it's opposite. A person's personal subjective reality is always subject to change, while non-duality, objective, absolute reality is not subject to change.

Aethera
19-04-2023, 03:06 PM
That’s exactly right. When you treat yourself badly, you go around with a giant KICK ME sign above your head. But when you treat yourself well, the reflection the outer world provides for you is a whole lot better.
That's a good example of what negative thoughts do to one, when it comes to any kind've negative thought you enable and allow negative thoughts into your field, as a reflection of ones inner world. You also are allowing that same kind've energy into your field from other's. So if one's in a negative space and don't want to be, they need to let go of the attachment to the kickme sign that they're holding onto.

I agree, when another is more caring and kinder to the self, it brings about a better and more positive energy and things, and other's we come across in life. That we attract that same energy, and reflect the same to another in their thoughts and actions.

lostsoul13
20-04-2023, 03:44 PM
Everything is a mindset, practising assertions will help you in the long run. If you can assert goals easily you shouldn’t have a problem implementing it in the short term, exercise,diet,spending etc

The one thing I noticed is our vibration: you tend to manifest quicker with a mindset YOU ARE going to achieve it…

If you set your mind to anything it will come about no doubt..

Miss Hepburn
20-04-2023, 04:19 PM
... you tend to manifest quicker with a mindset YOU ARE going to achieve it…
If you set your mind to anything it will come about no doubt..I agree with this 100% with decades of experience.
Says it in ancient writings like in the Bible even ---do not doubt...know that you already have what you have asked for...

(I don't personally ''ask''...it is more of a decree, ''So Be It'' - type of thing.
But that's me and it works - example ...''My car is going to sell by Wednesday at full price, So Be It.'') And it does. :)
1975 I may have decreed, declared my first thing ...and to this day it is still and always will 'be in effect' or stands strong, I guess you'd say.
There has never been a sliver of doubt in my being.

Mr Brightside
04-11-2023, 07:15 AM
Beliefs are certainly powerful. If I believe in poverty, if I believe that money is hard to attract, that I'll never succeed, then I am creating a reality where I am right

But if I believe that I am lucky, that good things are supposed to happen to me, if I believe that money is easy to attract, if I believe that, I am creating a reality where I am right

This is because belief seems to be intertwined, interconnected to reality, you manifest the reality based on your beliefs, on your deep subconscious beliefs

But the beautiful aspect to this is your beliefs can be changed, you're never stuck, you can alter a perception and by altering a perception you alter your belief and if you alter your belief you alter your reality

You change a belief by switching to a new thought and that you continue to think that thought and say those thoughts over and over again. Repetition is the mother of learning, repetition alters the subconscious mind. Say anything strong enough and long enough with emotion and you will manifest the thing, that's always been my experience anyway

Have a great day :)

Miss Hepburn
04-11-2023, 09:25 AM
Beliefs are certainly powerful. If I believe in poverty, if I believe that money is hard to attract,
that I'll never succeed, then I am creating a reality where I am right

This is because belief seems to be intertwined, interconnected to reality,

But the beautiful aspect to this is your beliefs can be changed, Are you ever correct!!!

Altair
04-11-2023, 09:57 AM
This attitude is more likely to align with American people. Over here we think a little differently. You can be very kind yet bad things can happen to you. You can give it you all and yet not make a living. One infected mosquito will feed on one person in a group of ten people. It just happens. That's not spiritual but life. Randomness is part of life. ''Beliefs create my reality'' only because you may set targets, and then it's your activity that gets you results. This is hardly supernatural. You set your intentions, it can motivate. Mind.