PDA

View Full Version : knee problems-exercises

goldentimes
06-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi All, I having probelms with my knee. I have been losing some weight :D but sinse then my knee seems to go out of place a little and I wanting to know if there's any exercises that I can do to strougthen it again.

Love to hear from you
Best Regards & Blessings!

CJ82Sky
07-08-2012, 04:24 AM
elliptical is a great way to start. as you build up more strength, the knee will stabilize and you will gradually be able to do more and more.

i have horrid knees - left one has had 2 surgeries (torn cartilage, medial ridge) and needs a 3rd (torn MCL, damage LCL, missing/destroyed/reabsorbed ACL) and my right knee has already had the LCL, MCL and ACL destroyed and rebuilt along with cartilage (all in one surgery). i missed the 3rd surgery on the left knee because i instead shattered my leg...shin...one of these lives i'll start to take better care of my body. well actually i am starting now! lol!

anyway - point being - elliptical is far better than jogging and running. took me a few mos on that before i could jog or run. low impact such as swimming can help though the water can cause my knee to move in weird ways and go out of place so judge how it works for you. bicycle can help some, depending. and i like low impact hiking building up to more challenging terrain.

i also own 7 horses and ride/compete regularly so i push myself a LOT - not necessarily something i'd recommend. this is the first year in decades i'm jogging however, and only bc of the foundation with the elliptical!

you can also do squats w/the kettlebell - that will help the muscles around the knee and be a good alternate between cardio and anaerobic and build strength.

good luck!!!!

Miss Hepburn
07-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi All, I having problems with my knee. I have been losing some weight :D but since then my knee seems
to go out of place a little and I'm wanting to know if there are any exercises that I can do to strengthen it again.
Love to hear from you
Better not ''strengthen" something if it's hurting...you may just hurt it
even more!
30 years in the biz.
Find out what's going on with it...or if you must - do it slowly, build up to anything strenuous and ALWAYS
warm it up with slow motions to 'oil the hinges' first with synovial fluid.

Losing weight is wonderful for the knees - and nice you left that clue--
but how you may be losing weight
could be the reason for the ligaments losing the structural integrity they once had...

Be sure you are getting ALL your minerals - liquid colloidal will do the trick.
Research what you need. And plenty of water w/ electolytes.
(Manganese is so good for ligaments, btw.)

You may find in 2 weeks you will feel such a difference you can proceed with strengthening exercises.
Best of luck..:smile:

Rule of thumb, ligaments need minerals, water and electrolytes to heal
and function well to prevent stress and subsequent injury.

iolite
07-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Do you have flat feet? Flat feet or pronation causes a misalignment of the knees to the hips and will cause the patella or knee cap to pop out. Wearing shoes with good arch support or inserting orthotics in shoes to provide arch support will re-align the knees. Vitamin C is needed by the body to produce collagen to keep joints healthy. Plain old ascorbic acid or buffered vitamin C to bowel tolerance (too much vitamin C will cause loose bowels) so you want to take just enough but not too much.

Exercises that strengthen the muscles in your thighs will help your knees. You can google for "knee exercises".

NIRVANA
29-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi All, I having probelms with my knee. I have been losing some weight :D but sinse then my knee seems to go out of place a little and I wanting to know if there's any exercises that I can do to strougthen it again.

Love to hear from you

Hindu squats are known to rebuild knees back up to full strength. Also take lots of good fats and vit D3 .Lots of greens in butter to get lots of vit k2.

Silver
29-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi goldentimes ~ I have 2 tears in the meniscus of my right knee...as long as I don't make any lateral movements, it won't 'catch' on me. I go with Nirvana's suggestion - study up on what supplements will help all those mechanisms in your knees. And doing squats - without the weights to start will probably help. Probably just walking - maybe brisk walks will help generally strengthen the knees and legs. Good luck!

NIRVANA
30-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Hindu squats are known to rebuild knees back up to full strength. Also take lots of good fats and vit D3 .Lots of greens in butter to get lots of vit k2.

Forgot to mention the best anti inflammatry ive ever tried Vitamin B3.

Ciqala
18-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Better not ''strengthen" something if it's hurting...you may just hurt it
even more!

Strengthening is vital for repair, growth, stability, and healing of the joint, muscle, ligament, ect that is injured, especially in the knee as it is the least focused on area and the most overly used.

One must also keep an injury mobile to a certain degree or it will worsen.
The strengthening exercise chosen should not hurt. If it does, it needs less weight, and less intensity or perhaps the exercise is not rightly chosen. But the injury DOES need strengthening even if it means starting at something very light. When it weakens it will worsen and hurt more.

Weight should be very light, and reps of 10-15 only. Only 1-2 sets per day. You can do physio exercises everyday because they are very light and do not tax the body. Otherwise, your general strength training should NOT be everyday. Your muscles and body need rest in order to repair.
The main reason people do not notice results is because they do too much.

Ciqala
18-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Squats are not recommended for injured knees. If your knee is relatively stable and can handle squats only perform squats with legs shoulder width apart and no wider as it will only put unneeded strain on the knees. Make sure you use proper form.

The best exercise recommended by my physio dude for strengthening the knee is forward lunges, and like someone else said using an elliptical. Make sure to start slow and easy.
It is also recommended to do calf raises, and toe raises to strengthen the shin.

Also make sure to do stretches to release the fascia. Most times aches, pains and injuries are caused by the fascia which surrounds our muscles.
Proper stretching, drinking lots of water, regular massage, and fish oils will help you heal real fast.