PDA

View Full Version : Self healing for a broken heart

ramc
01-08-2012, 12:42 PM
About 3 weeks ago I split up with who I genuinely thought was my soulmate, I've been put on antidepressants, I've never ever felt so sad in my life. How can I heal myself and make this easier? I've never felt like this before, I've never had a break up hurt so much.

heartsmart
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Take something that they were passionate about and intergrate it within your own life. That way a part of the relationship still lives on. Also, distract yourself from the pain as much as possible. Learn a new language, develop a new skill. Remember there's a reason the relationship is over. It means you have learned what you needed to learn from that person, or at least been inspired to learn. (Might take time to realize what that is.) The pain gets easier with time.

GoddessLove
01-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I just wanted to say that YOU will get better! I just sent you love and healing energy. I will keep you in my heart and prayers tonight.

Love,
GL

Henri77
01-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Agreed about distracting attention from yourself.
I've found this essential dealing with depression, to forget ones self.

Personally I don't believe in broken hearts,,, but only hearts that become closed to love's expression.

If you can love anything, anyone , it will facilitate healing and also remove attention from yourself while that love also fills YOUR heart.
Be gentle-patient with yourself, but find a way to again express love if you can.

When my ex & I split, it was very painful for us both, but it eventually taught me that again expressing love (in any manner)
is the only cure for a "broken" (closed) heart.

Also ask,let the angels help you.

LadyTerra
02-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Keep in mind that life is full of beginnings and endings and every ending leads to the next new beginning.:hug2:

Pain is natural and will abate on its own (in time)--please be careful with medications like anti-depressants--many can be habit forming and only cover-up a pain that should be worked through as a matter of course.

The lesson lies within the journey and every journey has the potential to be a great adventure. We should be present for it.

Peace and Love on your path to Total Healing...

Blessed be...

7luminaries
03-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Agreed about distracting attention from yourself.
I've found this essential dealing with depression, to forget ones self.

Personally I don't believe in broken hearts,,, but only hearts that become closed to love's expression.

If you can love anything, anyone , it will facilitate healing and also remove attention from yourself while that love also fills YOUR heart.
Be gentle-patient with yourself, but find a way to again express love if you can.

When my ex & I split, it was very painful for us both, but it eventually taught me that again expressing love (in any manner)
is the only cure for a "broken" (closed) heart.

Also ask,let the angels help you.

Wow...great advice. Spot on.

I will say that there is great pain experienced in what we call a broken heart, and that is very real.
That should not be minimised or cast aside.
It is the expression of your heart and it is still worthy and true.
Honour your feelings and your capacity to love, to give and to receive.
Draw back as you need to and nurture yourself.
Do things that nurture and support you, and be with people who do the same.
Above all, don't compromise your integrity and don't close off your heart entirely.

As Gabriel said to me...
You may retreat for healing, but you should not do so beyond that.
You may withdraw for healing, but even then you must leave just a small channel open (for the giving and receiving of love).
This is very important, so that you will not be damaged.

The underlying gist of this was as follows...
You cannot close off your heart to the love.
In particular, you can't close your heart to the love you feel.
Even if it is not well received or returned.
Even if your love is not honoured or accepted in full.

Because even so, we must be able to express the love in our hearts.
Even if just to self and to Spirit.
Otherwise we suffer spiritual and emotional damage, and eventually we would become unable or unwilling to share the love in our hearts.
If we hoard the love we feel, because we fear being open and vulnerable,
or because we fear rejection, then we cannot truly be loving and be in expression of love.
And that is a very lonely and isolated place to be.

Love requires great courage.
May we all have the heart of a lion in love and in life.
Meanwhile, I'm sending love & blessings to ramc.
Now is the time to lick your wounds and rest :hug:
7L

ramc
03-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Thank you all, so much. I keep dreaming that we're still together, I'm having such a hard time accepting that we're not anymore. I've cried every single day for a month, it just hurts so, so much. I just want him back.

Henri77
03-08-2012, 05:46 PM
As Gabriel said to me...
You may retreat for healing, but you should not do so beyond that.
You may withdraw for healing, but even then you must leave just a small channel open (for the giving and receiving of love).

Love requires great courage.

Animals frequently retreat when healing as it seems a natural process to reduce demands on our resources. And an opportunity to love-nurture ourselves. And be bathed in gods-natures love if we welcome it with an open heart.

heartsmart
04-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Hey I think he is your soulmate though. I think its impossible to feel that strongly about someone who is not your soulmate. Maybe it helps to know that, I know it does for me. Just keep in mind that you have other soulmates too so don't close yourself. And always put yourself as number one of course.

knightofalbion
04-08-2012, 05:05 PM
About 3 weeks ago I split up with who I genuinely thought was my soulmate, I've been put on antidepressants, I've never ever felt so sad in my life. How can I heal myself and make this easier?

Find somebody else.

Silver
04-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Thank you all, so much. I keep dreaming that we're still together, I'm having such a hard time accepting that we're not anymore. I've cried every single day for a month, it just hurts so, so much. I just want him back.

It's because you resist that causes the pain.

When I read your first, it seems you've loved and 'lost' before, but this one was much worse. It may be more to do with when - like this specific time in your life - 'love' and relationships hold more deep meaning than when you were younger.

Acceptance is a good stepping stone to moving on along your life's path and finding out what will be next. Anticipate and be open to new life experiences and let the past take care of itself.

I know it will hurt for some time. :hug:

Tiss
04-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Dear ramc,

You have received many wise insights here.

In particular, I endorse what Silvergirl said. Acceptance is the key to go ahead. Nothing that happens to us is for any other thing than for our good. Sometimes we don't understand it. It is hard, it is painful...

You will be in my prayers for a quick recovery.

TISS :hug:

It's because you resist that causes the pain.

When I read your first, it seems you've loved and 'lost' before, but this one was much worse. It may be more to do with when - like this specific time in your life - 'love' and relationships hold more deep meaning than when you were younger.

Acceptance is a good stepping stone to moving on along your life's path and finding out what will be next. Anticipate and be open to new life experiences and let the past take care of itself.

I know it will hurt for some time. :hug:

Belle
04-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I would say it's still early days - it will take as long as it takes but I tend to find (somewhat peversely) indulging in the grief a helpful process in allowing it to fully heal. I can't do the denial or the snap out of it - for much more than a few moments. Tears are good, they are healing.

But, whilst indulging in sadness and grief there is the opportunity for thanksgiving. You had a beautiful relationship and you truly loved and that is a great gift. You will have learnt a lot - ask the universe to allow the fullest of lessons to come to the fore. And assimilate.

A relationship breakup involves a lot of shifting energies, this takes time. Explore yourself in this journey and seek where you want to be. Ask the universe to illuminate your way.

I'm suffering for similiar reasons. These are not full-proof. They take me dark and dirty and painful. I have lost four significant men from my life in the last few months - all for good reasons - death, relationship breakups - it is no coincidence but it hurts like hell. If you are anything like me, you think you are the only person and that it will never end. One day at a time. One day. Each day brings you closer to the breakthrough - breakdown leads to breakthrough.

I have to keep believing this.