PDA

View Full Version : To do

Atlantis
01-08-2012, 03:40 AM
You do not go, leave everything and live among the poor because that would be a right or just thing to do.
You go and live among the poor only when that is what fulfills you. That is what makes you happy.

(in other words, don't do something what you think should be expected from you. instead do something what you feel in tune to.)

amy green
02-08-2012, 07:20 PM
You do not go, leave everything and live among the poor because that would be a right or just thing to do.
You go and live among the poor only when that is what fulfills you. That is what makes you happy.

(in other words, don't do something what you think should be expected from you. instead do something what you feel in tune to.)

Or - in other words - be authentic! :smile:

Reminds me of some graffiti I saw.....life is real when you are. :idea:

Atlantis
04-08-2012, 03:29 AM
Or - in other words - be authentic! :smile:

Reminds me of some graffiti I saw.....life is real when you are. :idea:

True Amy, life is real when you are :)

amy green
04-08-2012, 09:22 PM
True Amy, life is real when you are :)
Thanks - here is a 3 minute clip on being authentic that says it much better than I can.

http://youtu.be/t4AJFyK63Hg

Atlantis
06-08-2012, 12:26 AM
That was a really nice/inspiring video amy. Thanks for sharing. x

Louisa
08-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I like this thought, Atlantis. Too often I have tried to live some life I thought was "the right", "highest" ideal to live, only to find myself rebelling and I just couldn't conform myself to the goals I set before myself. I think we each have a role to play that we are drawn toward by our experiences, interests, habits, and talents.

Perhaps the formation of habits and affirmations might alter this, but even then, I think, only so much. We can't necessarily always elicit the emotions and motivations and energy to make ourselves do whatever it is we might think we "should" do. In an ideal world, everyone would do well at their natural inclinations and motivations, and we wouldn't be overly selfish, so we would each play our role, and the whole would be healthy. We wouldn't all be expected to be the most selfless, brave, or whatever, only the ones naturally called or gifted with that inclination. But that holistic life is only created by living in communion and identification with the whole, which modern life has divorced us from in so many ways. We can't be just anything for just anyone, I don't think, not without sacrificing something integral. This is a really relevant lesson for me right now, so thanks for posting this.