PDA

View Full Version : Ghost, My Imagination, Or Something Else?

Louisa
30-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I used to be friends with a girl in high school. We were not really close friends, and didn't know each other that well or for that long. She was one of my circle of casual friends. It surprised me that for a long time after we had lost touch, I kept having vivid dreams about her every so often. The dreams often seemed spiritually significant and held clues to my spiritual journey in my life, it seemed. I hadn't heard the theory of soul groups until recently, but I wonder if we were in the same soul group, perhaps explaining the dreams. Or maybe there was some subconscious reason for the dreams.

A year or so ago, I had a very vivid dream about her, and shortly thereafter, I found out that she had been murdered, about a year before I had that dream. She lived, and was murdered, by a mutual high school accquaintance of ours, in a town just several miles from where I live. I didn't have any more dreams about her. Just recently, though, I have begun to have the strange impression that I might be sensing her ghost, and her personality seems to be impacting my perceptions, like I'm spontaneously channeling someone, or so it seems to me. I think of things she would've said or how she would have responded to certain things that I'm going through, out of the blue, though she wasn't on my mind otherwise. She had a very carefree, silly kind of personality, quite different from my own, actually. This might be my own subconscious mind, I suppose, but it just seems strange to me. I get the distinct impression of her personality. I have also been sensing physical and visual "psychic impressions" more than usual, that I think might be spirits, lately, but I don't know if it is her. I thought perhaps this is neither ghost, nor my imagination, but something else, just like a psychic connection to another realm or timeline, if you believe in that kind of thing. I really don't know. lol

If it is her, I wonder if there is something I should try to do, considering that she was violently murdered. Perhaps she could be have unfinished business or need help crossing over. But I really am not that psychic or good at psychic communication with spirits, and know little about how to help troubled spirits. What I'm sensing is not distress, either, but just her old cheerful, light-hearted personality. Maybe her spirit has just come to keep me company, to be a friend in the spirit realm. I've been feeling like I'm having a lot of spiritual progress in myself lately. Maybe this could have drawn her to me, or maybe it is my subconscious accessing the memories of her unique perspective, so different from my own standard behavior, to help me grow outside my comfort zone. I don't know.

What would you do? Assume it is just my imagination? Just ignore it? Or try to help the "spirit" somehow, and if so, how? Try to just communicate and make friends with the presence?

Toolite
31-07-2012, 02:22 AM
I used to be friends with a girl in high school. We were not really close friends, and didn't know each other that well or for that long. She was one of my circle of casual friends. It surprised me that for a long time after we had lost touch, I kept having vivid dreams about her every so often. The dreams often seemed spiritually significant and held clues to my spiritual journey in my life, it seemed. I hadn't heard the theory of soul groups until recently, but I wonder if we were in the same soul group, perhaps explaining the dreams. Or maybe there was some subconscious reason for the dreams.

A year or so ago, I had a very vivid dream about her, and shortly thereafter, I found out that she had been murdered, about a year before I had that dream. She lived, and was murdered, by a mutual high school accquaintance of ours, in a town just several miles from where I live. I didn't have any more dreams about her. Just recently, though, I have begun to have the strange impression that I might be sensing her ghost, and her personality seems to be impacting my perceptions, like I'm spontaneously channeling someone, or so it seems to me. I think of things she would've said or how she would have responded to certain things that I'm going through, out of the blue, though she wasn't on my mind otherwise. She had a very carefree, silly kind of personality, quite different from my own, actually. This might be my own subconscious mind, I suppose, but it just seems strange to me. I get the distinct impression of her personality. I have also been sensing physical and visual "psychic impressions" more than usual, that I think might be spirits, lately, but I don't know if it is her. I thought perhaps this is neither ghost, nor my imagination, but something else, just like a psychic connection to another realm or timeline, if you believe in that kind of thing. I really don't know. lol

If it is her, I wonder if there is something I should try to do, considering that she was violently murdered. Perhaps she could be have unfinished business or need help crossing over. But I really am not that psychic or good at psychic communication with spirits, and know little about how to help troubled spirits. What I'm sensing is not distress, either, but just her old cheerful, light-hearted personality. Maybe her spirit has just come to keep me company, to be a friend in the spirit realm. I've been feeling like I'm having a lot of spiritual progress in myself lately. Maybe this could have drawn her to me, or maybe it is my subconscious accessing the memories of her unique perspective, so different from my own standard behavior, to help me grow outside my comfort zone. I don't know.

What would you do? Assume it is just my imagination? Just ignore it? Or try to help the "spirit" somehow, and if so, how? Try to just communicate and make friends with the presence?

I would say not to do anything.. Just continue to keep the open mind and stay aware..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Rumar
31-07-2012, 02:41 AM
There's dozens of stories out there about people who get glimpses, thoughts, dreams, sees apparitions, there's even stories out there online and on TV about people who almost get killed, see someone they know and care about who wind up saving them. When they see them is often reported before they know their loved one has passed away, this goes for all demographics and various stories around the world. Don't ever ignore such experiences because it has an impact on you and your friend who has meant so much to you.

Louisa
01-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I guess that I will just keep paying attention to what I seem to be sensing. I don't know what is going on, but it is interesting. So far there have been no questions or comments from the "ghost/presence"/whatever, just feelings and impressions, that could be my own mind. It is nice to be able to have this reminder and feeling of my friend's presence, even if it is just my memory and subconscious. But I tend to think there's probably something more to it than that. It hasn't continued much over the past few days, though, maybe it was a passing "hello" from the other side.

Toolite
02-08-2012, 02:55 AM
building trust and feeling confident comes with many experiences.. I believe anything that God does spiritually is just amazing.. its exciting..

I think with more experiences you will be able to to eliminate the question if its just your feelings or others attempting to communicate..

I wish you the best.

All the Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Louisa
03-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Toolite
building trust and feeling confident comes with many experiences.. I believe anything that God does spiritually is just amazing.. its exciting..

I think with more experiences you will be able to to eliminate the question if its just your feelings or others attempting to communicate..

I wish you the best.

Thanks. I hope that you're right. It seems that is very gradually happening, building more confidence and evidence. Maybe I'll try to test it and ask for proof, but I have done that before; It didn't always work. Yet I still found out gradually that some of it most definitely was real.
For now I'll just enjoy it. It seems the scary visions and stuff that I once had haven't been there for a while, or they don't really startle me, what "scary stuff" is there. I just don't believe in the power of it to harm me. I guess that could be why it no longer comes up in my visions. And maybe it was all images thrown up from my own fears in my mind, to start with. Or a testing, to make sure I'm strong enough to face off the fearful things that are out there.

Toolite
04-08-2012, 11:51 PM

Thanks. I hope that you're right. It seems that is very gradually happening, building more confidence and evidence. Maybe I'll try to test it and ask for proof, but I have done that before; It didn't always work. Yet I still found out gradually that some of it most definitely was real.
For now I'll just enjoy it. It seems the scary visions and stuff that I once had haven't been there for a while, or they don't really startle me, what "scary stuff" is there. I just don't believe in the power of it to harm me. I guess that could be why it no longer comes up in my visions. And maybe it was all images thrown up from my own fears in my mind, to start with. Or a testing, to make sure I'm strong enough to face off the fearful things that are out there.

Thats a good point.. everyone has to work to eliminate fear.. when the angels or God gives a vision.. no matter how bad.. you shouldnt fear during the vision.. God shows and reveals without freigtening the messenger.. God quiets fear to give the message if its bad..

We that see and hear spiritually have to understand we are an open door way and everyone wants to talk and be heard so we work close with our Angels so we can filter out anything that is not of light.. and that can be a job and take a lifetime..lol.. but, at least we learn to know who or what source is telling the message.

Louisa
06-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Thats a good point.. everyone has to work to eliminate fear.. when the angels or God gives a vision.. no matter how bad.. you shouldnt fear during the vision.. God shows and reveals without freigtening the messenger.. God quiets fear to give the message if its bad..

I think I have mostly removed my fear through trying to center myself in love. And in confident in myself, my own ability to be good, be connected with God/love, almost automatically and impulsively, a feeling I create before interacting with spirits. Somehow that seems to disempower the ones who would hurt me, it seems. Sometimes I feel I need a relationship with God and sometimes I need help, guidance, protection, purification from another source, so that's when I appeal to God. However, I don't like to call on God all the time, because it seems to make me feel disempowered in my own worthiness, and fearful, and it takes a step extra to have to try to always be thinking and talking to God, instead of just feeling the connection to God/Love/All That Is/Truth. I start to focus on being protected, instead of already feeling protected. Sometimes I think I need to seek protection, but I think it's best if I feel I am already centered within a protective state. But that's just my view. I've only recently realized this is the way I feel.

We that see and hear spiritually have to understand we are an open door way and everyone wants to talk and be heard so we work close with our Angels so we can filter out anything that is not of light.. and that can be a job and take a lifetime..lol.. but, at least we learn to know who or what source is telling the message.

I don't know for sure yet what kind of spirits I communicate with, except they help me, they haven't hurt me, they suffuse me with love and they heal me. I feel certain they are benevolent, however, I am uncertain much more than that. I get senses of personalities, synchronicities, but I haven't pieced together any clear identities. I might have some other sources coming through sometimes, which are less benevolent, not sure. I'm not sure how to know the one from the other, except when there is a clear feeling of goodness and love, then I assume it is good, but I try not to rely too much on information from the spirit world, use my own heart, center in love, and just judge things by the results they seem to bring.

CJ82Sky
07-08-2012, 04:56 AM
sometimes souls in our group come to us for help, even if this wasn't the life we were closest in.

in a trip to gettysburg last may, my friend and i each picked up the souls of two people we knew from that life. mine was a casual acquaintance, but hers was her lover/fiancee who went to war and died at gettysburg and never returned. she's not as spiritually strong as i am, but is sensitive and as a result from the bond/link wound up literally vomiting black and grey ectoplasm like matter for lack of a better term.

the experience was so real that we called a mutual friend of ours (this life) in texas when we were in the car driving away from the battlefield just after nightfall. we said nothing other than - can you describe the two souls we have in the back seat? she described both to us as we had just before to each other. i helped bill (the gentleman i knew) move on. my friend didn't know how to do that - and she had a friend that lived not far from the battlefield, but when she went there (we live in NJ), the closer in proximity she got, the more violently ill she got - as if the spirit couldn't help but be pulled back into that abyss if she went to close, and she was his ticket out. well, thanks to the help of a very wise sage near us, she helped him cross over. my friend was so relieved but at the same time saddened, she cried for his loss as if she lost him all over again.

talk about intense....to find your lost fiancee who was unable to reincarnate or move on because he was stuck at Gettysburg...

i guess my point is that soul connections know no bounds of time or place, and can connect via dreams, ghosts, or any number of other ways. fortunately it sounds like you are not hypersensitive like my friend (the mention of ghosts gets her queasy hence her extreme reaction at a connection that strong despite the fact that the ghost had no ill will towards her), and that perhaps your friend is looking for help, a connection, or even assistance in crossing over.

if you're not comfortable with that, you can help her on her path as far as you are comfortable and/or ask for assistance from someone who knows what to do. in the case of my ghost, i was able to send him across with the help of a very violent and powerful electrical storm within a few nights that gave him the surge of energy he needed.

i wouldn't be afraid, but i would be careful to do a strong protection around you to ensure you stay safe. while i don't believe her intention is a negative one by any means, i do believe that ghosts don't always mean to bring with (or even realize) what they may have picked up in the in between.

as for dreams - i've found that i can connect with the living and ghosts, shades, guides, and deceased there, so as far as what state she is in, i'd say trust your gut, but definitely be safe!!!!

Toolite
07-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I think I have mostly removed my fear through trying to center myself in love. And in confident in myself, my own ability to be good, be connected with God/love, almost automatically and impulsively, a feeling I create before interacting with spirits. Somehow that seems to disempower the ones who would hurt me, it seems. Sometimes I feel I need a relationship with God and sometimes I need help, guidance, protection, purification from another source, so that's when I appeal to God. However, I don't like to call on God all the time, because it seems to make me feel disempowered in my own worthiness, and fearful, and it takes a step extra to have to try to always be thinking and talking to God, instead of just feeling the connection to God/Love/All That Is/Truth. I start to focus on being protected, instead of already feeling protected. Sometimes I think I need to seek protection, but I think it's best if I feel I am already centered within a protective state. But that's just my view. I've only recently realized this is the way I feel. I think those are some great realizations.. In intereacting with negative spirits.. those spirits must know you dont fear them and they dont ask you.. they read your heart/soul and sometimes test you to see if they can make you fearful.. Once you have decided in your soul that they have no authority over you.. they get the point and its really no fun to torment someone that is not afraid..lol.. Thats another good point about you not taking everything to God.. I dont go to God for everything.. But, I also dont go to my Angels about everything.. it has to be an even balance and then we have to remember this is our life so we do have to make decisions for ourself and I can feel that you understand that balance.

I don't know for sure yet what kind of spirits I communicate with, except they help me, they haven't hurt me, they suffuse me with love and they heal me. I feel certain they are benevolent, however, I am uncertain much more than that. I get senses of personalities, synchronicities, but I haven't pieced together any clear identities. I might have some other sources coming through sometimes, which are less benevolent, not sure. I'm not sure how to know the one from the other, except when there is a clear feeling of goodness and love, then I assume it is good, but I try not to rely too much on information from the spirit world, use my own heart, center in love, and just judge things by the results they seem to bring.

I think it easier for me to speak from a me perspective.. Those who come to me and look like individual and provide info.. Angels. Those who come to me and are transparent and needing help are..soul level.. those transparent and provide help..other beings.. Those that demonstrate powerful giftings...higher beings. and the one who makes it all happen is God.

I think its good to know who your guides..first and take a close look at who is coming to you and the reason.. look at what you are really compassionate about and you will began to see a common theme.. and that will help you to understand your piece of the picture..

Maynah
08-08-2012, 04:55 AM
She came to me as I read your post. Long dark wavy hair. Wearing a long white dress/shirt with long sleeves. She appeared to be coming out of the water. I can't see her face though. I usually always see faces but her face is not there, I think there is a meaning behind that. I felt a great sadness and a sick feeling in my stomach.

I wouldn't assume it was your imagination. You are in touch with spirit and you should handle it the way you are most comfortable with. I will keep in touch with you by pm should I communicate with her further.

Louisa
08-08-2012, 04:25 PM
CJ82Sky,

This makes me wonder if I should try to contact people if I dream about them.. as I've dreamed a lot of certain other people at times, with no apparent reason why I'd be dreaming of them, didn't know them that well, etc. Of course, I don't know how I'd do that. lol Yeah... "Hey, we haven't talked in forever, but I'm just calling you up out of the blue to see how it's going." Hmm, no I guess it would be too odd, since I'm such an introverted person, and I never just go up to people or just call them up to talk.

Your story is fascinating, and scary. I have never experienced anything that intense involving spirits, just vague impressions or strong emotional sensations, at most. Sometimes I got strong unease, but never debilitating.

I have had some intense anxiety lately disproportionate to any stress in my life, but I have that periodically, so I don't know if it was related to my friend. I also just realized something strange - I have been feeling a clenching feeling in my throat, and I never experienced that as a symptom of my stress before, and I felt it even when unstressed, so I thought it was very strange, but shrugged it off. My friend was strangled. Now I'm wondering if my clenched throat could be related to her death. I felt this weeks before I otherwise sensed her presence and personality.

I don't know how to help spirits cross over. I would like to help her if I can, if she needs and wants my help, but I have no experience with such things, nor do I know anyone with that kind of experience. I will try to do protection rituals as well, as a precaution.

Louisa
08-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I think it easier for me to speak from a me perspective.. Those who come to me and look like individual and provide info.. Angels. Those who come to me and are transparent and needing help are..soul level.. those transparent and provide help..other beings.. Those that demonstrate powerful giftings...higher beings. and the one who makes it all happen is God.

I don't usually get visions or clairvoyance, only occasionally. I guess my messages from the other side, or wherever they come from are quite vague usually, and I only occasionally get signs or impressions that allow me to distinguish what appears to be one spirit from another spirit, plus I can ask yes or no questions and get answers through a buzzing in my hand, but it requires me to trust that the spirit is telling the truth and there's no interference from my own mind.

I think its good to know who your guides..first and take a close look at who is coming to you and the reason.. look at what you are really compassionate about and you will began to see a common theme.. and that will help you to understand your piece of the picture..

I have thought I sensed ghosts before. Deceased relatives, and then a couple seemed to be voices and presences that came to me when I was reading books (the authors speaking to me, I thought, or my imagination? But very vivid and unexpected. I thought the energy of the book might serve as a sort of divinatory medium.) In one case, the "book author presence" seemed to stick around. I felt they were helping teach me something. I had not ever read much about this (long deceased) author, nor any of their books, but it turns out our lives, problems and issues held many common themes, and I wonder if there was a past life connection. Interestingly, other people had claimed to channel this author before.

As for my friend, she was judged and shamed unfairly through her quite difficult life. I relate to people like that and have a lot of sympathy for them. I guess that is who I sympathize with most - the stigmatized ones and the oppressed people who have little voice.

Louisa
08-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Maynah
She came to me as I read your post. Long dark wavy hair. Wearing a long white dress/shirt with long sleeves. She appeared to be coming out of the water. I can't see her face though. I usually always see faces but her face is not there, I think there is a meaning behind that. I felt a great sadness and a sick feeling in my stomach.

Yes, she did have long dark wavy hair. That sounds like something she'd wear, too.
There are many bodies of water where I live/she lived. I go to walk beside the sea and the lakes every day. I wonder if she could have wandered to haunt one of these natural places, but she was killed in her house.

She was unfairly shamed and treated in a very mean way by most of the people in our school, when I knew her, except her small group of friends. I never understood why everyone was so exaggeratedly mean and disrespectful to her. She seemed to be one of the prime targets for all their animosity, the one every one ganged up on and loved to pick on. Even still, she seemed to let it slide off her back and she harmed none. She was just light-hearted, carefree and fun. She was very trusting, and ended up betrayed because of that. Maybe that could be why she had no face in your vision, perhaps, too much shame, feeling disconnected because of the pain and keeping it all hidden. I don't know. She was hit in the head with a hammer, and then strangled when she was killed. I don't know if it damaged her face, so maybe that could be the reason, as well.

Toolite
08-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't usually get visions or clairvoyance, only occasionally. I guess my messages from the other side, or wherever they come from are quite vague usually, and I only occasionally get signs or impressions that allow me to distinguish what appears to be one spirit from another spirit, plus I can ask yes or no questions and get answers through a buzzing in my hand, but it requires me to trust that the spirit is telling the truth and there's no interference from my own mind.

well then I am proud of you.. a buzzing.. see I maybe a little slower..lol.. they probably said we have to show her so she wont mess it up..lol

I have thought I sensed ghosts before. Deceased relatives, and then a couple seemed to be voices and presences that came to me when I was reading books (the authors speaking to me, I thought, or my imagination? But very vivid and unexpected. I thought the energy of the book might serve as a sort of divinatory medium.) In one case, the "book author presence" seemed to stick around. I felt they were helping teach me something. I had not ever read much about this (long deceased) author, nor any of their books, but it turns out our lives, problems and issues held many common themes, and I wonder if there was a past life connection. Interestingly, other people had claimed to channel this author before.

If you felt referred to an author and you have similiar traits.. then look at the victories of that individual.. maybe its a teaching tool showing you how to overcome obstacles....The Angels & God can take anything to teach you with... sometimes they use the clouds to tell me things.. seriously.

As for my friend, she was judged and shamed unfairly through her quite difficult life. I relate to people like that and have a lot of sympathy for them. I guess that is who I sympathize with most - the stigmatized ones and the oppressed people who have little voice.

Well that is just beautiful and sounds like you have the compassion and patience..

Louisa
10-08-2012, 01:00 AM
I have read about that author, and I learned a few things. I guess mostly, I saw what not to do, but I also see how good things are wrapped up in disaster, often, and it is a mix and an irony of ups and downs and mysteries sometimes. I have learned some positive things from this person's life, but mostly through irony and reading between the lines.

Maynah
13-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Yes, she did have long dark wavy hair. That sounds like something she'd wear, too.
There are many bodies of water where I live/she lived. I go to walk beside the sea and the lakes every day. I wonder if she could have wandered to haunt one of these natural places, but she was killed in her house.

She was unfairly shamed and treated in a very mean way by most of the people in our school, when I knew her, except her small group of friends. I never understood why everyone was so exaggeratedly mean and disrespectful to her. She seemed to be one of the prime targets for all their animosity, the one every one ganged up on and loved to pick on. Even still, she seemed to let it slide off her back and she harmed none. She was just light-hearted, carefree and fun. She was very trusting, and ended up betrayed because of that. Maybe that could be why she had no face in your vision, perhaps, too much shame, feeling disconnected because of the pain and keeping it all hidden. I don't know. She was hit in the head with a hammer, and then strangled when she was killed. I don't know if it damaged her face, so maybe that could be the reason, as well.

That's just so sad. I feel there was a place by the water that she would always go to. She felt alone. That's just horrible what happened to her. The sadness is overwhelming and that sick feeling in my stomach again. I feel her reaching out..

"You are worthy of love" are the words that came to me for her.

Louisa
13-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Maynah
That's just so sad. I feel there was a place by the water that she would always go to. She felt alone. That's just horrible what happened to her. The sadness is overwhelming and that sick feeling in my stomach again. I feel her reaching out..

"You are worthy of love" are the words that came to me for her.

Thanks. I spent some time today trying to send Rene (pronounced "Reen", with a long e) that message, and to talk to her. I hope it will get through to her. She went through so much, but I think she was a very sweet person in spite of it all, more than many could handle. I don't quite know what I believe about spirits and the afterlife, but I will try to connect to her and help her. I wish I could sense her more, when I try to send her messages, but perhaps it is not needed in order to work, or maybe she will be drawn to me by my attempt to communicate. On the other hand, I hope I am not drawing something to me that I might not be prepared for. But I feel I can do protection rituals and things if needed, and feel disinclined to shy away from spiritual things because of fear anymore. I want to learn by experience, foolhardy or not. I think boldness, self-assurance and love are their own kind of protection.

Maynah
14-08-2012, 07:07 AM
I think boldness, self-assurance and love are their own kind of protection.
You are definitely on the right path. It's like that movie Labyrinth where Sarah says that line "You have no power over me." I've used that a few times ;)
You have a good heart. I feel you are here to help others, including spirit. I will pm you what happened with Rene, along with some things I have learnt that may help you. In time you will find your own way of doing things. It's great once you've gotten over the fear, now it's just knowledge and experience that will make things a lot clearer for you. Love and light x

Louisa
16-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Thank you, Maynah, I really appreciate your help in this matter.