PDA

View Full Version : Hereafter, a psychic's journey

Henri77
26-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Hereafter is a sleeper, many here may appreciate.
Just rented it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1212419/

It passes on the typical Hollywood melodrama-scary scenario,
in favor of 3 characters dealing with loss of a loved one, psychic gifts, and an NDE experience.

Three stories that merge in a gradual manner, through subtle moves of fate. Reflecting synchronicities we all can relate to.

It doesn't reveal anything really new to SF members, but tells a charming, complex story that many people could believe possible.
Interestingly it portrays several mediums as fakes, with Mat Damon as a gifted yet reluctant psychic-reader.

It's quite slow paced, compared to most Hollywood fare, yet reflects how events often unfold in the real world.
Through hints, suggestions, coincidences, and glimpses of truth unfolding amidst our doubts and fears.
And how the heart senses the way when our mind only knows confusion.

It begins with a dramatic tsunami, a pretty remarkable filmmaking achievement.

onetruebeliever
26-07-2012, 10:03 PM
I want to watch this one again when everyone's asleep. It was a really good movie, but i couldn't fully concentrate on it.

Henri77
27-07-2012, 08:21 PM
It's certainly not for everyone, as the story development is far more naturalistic that typical dramatic films, and many might get bored.

But anyone with a genuine interest in psychic-spiritual realities should find it engrossing. Even though it explores familiar territory...of NDE's , psychic readings and sibling soul connection.... the stories eventually entwine,,, and reveals how life is like a river, that follows it's own path, one we often cannot forsee.

While the ending was more predictable than I might wish, the character's journeys are truly interesting-entertaining ones with a good number of twists-surprises.