PDA

View Full Version : Crafts

MoonDancer
15-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Anybody make any crafts? Anybody sell them? I've been thinking about making some crafts to sell online. Anyone know which ones are popular that sell well? I was thinking of wire jewelry, that looks like fun and creative, but patience is needed.
Share your homemade craft ideas :D :hug3: :hello2: :hippy2:

Sybilline
15-07-2012, 07:32 AM
I used to help my sister in law and my brother make accessories out of beads and sell them. Been quite a while though :))

Might not be that easy to sell them online especially at retail (the shipping could cost more than the product itself). How about home organizing stuff, like handmade jewelry/etc boxes and stuff? :))

Illumine
15-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm hoping to do more crafts when I finish my course at uni. I too was considering trying out jewellery but I'm also going to do some printmaking (lino cuts) and get into textiles too (making purses, bags and cushions).

As for selling online, etsy (or folksy in the UK) is a good place for selling handmade but I haven't tried it yet. I'm considering it though!

MoonDancer
15-07-2012, 10:35 PM
I was thinking about kind of textiles too. But first I'd need to learn how too :rolleyes:
I also heard about this site http://www.artfire.com/ext/referral/l/personalize although it does have a membership fee monthly

Kaere
15-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I do cross-stitch, crochet, sewing. I like to make stuff from the very basics. Never thought to sell anything though, I create just for the fun of it for myself.

Sybilline
16-07-2012, 01:26 AM
My mother does crochet and she sold it for a little bit, but after a while she found that the labor was just not worth the price. Haha! :))

Illumine
16-07-2012, 07:10 AM
I was thinking about kind of textiles too. But first I'd need to learn how too :rolleyes:
I also heard about this site http://www.artfire.com/ext/referral/l/personalize although it does have a membership fee monthly

I need to learn too! I only did textiles briefly at school and that was a while ago so I'm a bit rusty.

Sybilline, I agree with that, some things take so long to make that the amount of work you put into it isn't worth what you get out as a viable money making option so I suppose you have to think carefully about whether you want to make much money from your crafts or not. Sometimes going in a niche direction can help because then you can increase prices :smile: