PDA

View Full Version : Meditate.

Gem
03-10-2010, 02:05 PM
The pure form is to observe what is, and in effect this removes false precepts from the mind, purifying it.

For example, to observe the breath does not require one to change his breathing, just observe it, for the breath happens naturally and is already working best just as it is. One need not change or add anything (like counting), only observe it as it is, in silence.

The mind will tend to wander away... and it needs to be trained to focus and remain silent and still as things change from moment to moment.

Persistant and patient practice... then sleep... and tomorrow, practice again.

Gem
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
So I just continue... with this perspective on meditation.

To meditate is to observe deeply the experience of being, and it takes a still and balanced disposition. The mind has a tendancy to react and is easily distracted into chitter chatter, but to meditate is to retain focus and stillness so the observer remains centred while change is allowed within the mind.

It is only to remain aware of the breath moving and it isn't easy, because the mind will wander off and lose focus, but then one just becomes aware 'oh, my mind has wandered away' and return it to the breath again. With just a little practice, one finds he can hold his attention for long periods, and begins to become very deeply aware of breath's finest sublties.

Gem
04-10-2010, 05:49 AM
So many have viewed, and no-one has responded, but I feel I say rather sencible things, because to see the truth of yourself is not the same thing as imagining images of yourself... and to see what is is to curiously observe and not to impose what you wish it to be.

It is always best to train the mind's dicipline by observing the breath, becuase the breath happens subconsciously and it also can be controlled.

One can control the movement of his arms, but not the functioning of his liver, but the breath is quite unique as it happens unconsciously and also consciously, so the breath starts here on the surface and leads deep into subconsciousness. One is led to become aware of deeper depths of consciousness, and thus becomes finely attuned to finer and finer sublties of being, as it is being that is observing.

Resonance
04-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Dear Gem

Thank you for sharing wise words. People view and learn, but there is only sensible advice in your words so I suppose no one felt like arguing or disagreeing :icon_cyclops:

Much love
R

God-Like
04-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi Gem

Why do you meditate?

x daz x

Stormweaver
04-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Yo Gem

Im one of those that have read this post but have not posted until now. I have only started to delve into meditation by going to a class which is locally situated.
Thanx for your tips.

Namaste bro !

Gem
04-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi Gem

Why do you meditate?

x daz x

Hello,

The art of it is to see more deeply, perceive more intricately, experience more sublty.

I think I should say life is experienced by the body, but the body does exist across a wide range of density from the heavy physical to vibrations to quantum fluctuations, and these are experienced in proportion to depth and keeness of the minds awareness.

The practice brings finer and finer sublties into ones conscious awareness, so one can experience these finer sublties.

People have problem emotions, attachments, cravings and **** lingering from early childhood, so this witnessing of deepening reality reveals these deep rooted 'blocks' where previously they were subconscious. In effect they are brought to the surface and they pass away, and I have such pain and age old torments to unfurl.

In summary, experience is ever deepening and meditation is the way to become conscious of it, and by becoming conscious of it, any wounds are healed by taking them out at the roots.

In one word... Happiness.

God-Like
04-10-2010, 02:59 PM
In effect they are brought to the surface and they pass away, and I have such pain and age old torments to unfurl.

In summary, experience is ever deepening and meditation is the way to become conscious of it, and by becoming conscious of it, any wounds are healed by taking them out at the roots.
Yes absolutely.

Through meditation / self enquiry the same happened to me and still Is to a lesser degree. I am tying up loose ends so to speak.

Bringing to the surface all that needs to be seen and forgiven Is essential for an Individual - In order to purify the whole-self.

x daz x

Xan
04-10-2010, 11:51 PM
I am tying up loose ends so to speak.

Bringing to the surface all that needs to be seen and forgiven Is essential for an Individual - In order to purify the whole-self.

x daz x

Yes... I'm calling this Surrender... of the remaining subtle knots of ego-mind into the pure truth of the Wholeness within and all around.

Xan

Ronald
05-10-2010, 04:20 AM
Hi

The meditation has become essential now a days as it develops positive frame of mind.It also helps in relieving our mental stress.
(http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .essentialoilsonline.co.uk)

Gem
05-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Yes absolutely.

Through meditation / self enquiry the same happened to me and still Is to a lesser degree. I am tying up loose ends so to speak.

x daz x

I would like to add here that the objective is to see what is (the truth). The objective is not to seek out 'knots', 'blocks' and 'emotional problems'.

One should be a silent witness with a pure curiousity, and have no specific/personal intention or expectation... so we observe what is, and if blocks happen to be revealed then just observe them too.

God-Like
05-10-2010, 07:31 AM
I would like to add here that the objective is to see what is (the truth). The objective is not to seek out 'knots', 'blocks' and 'emotional problems'.

The focus is a silent witness with a pure curiousity, and has no specific/personal intention or expectation... so we observe what is, and if there are blocks then just observe them too.
Hi Gem.

Yes I agree - What needs to be seen will find you....

The knots & blocks so to speak will rise to the surface you will not seek them out.

It's a common misunderstanding as to what self enquiry and the Inner search Is all about.

Everything comes to you..not the other way round (hey)

x daz x

Gem
05-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Hi Gem.

Yes I agree - What needs to be seen will find you....

The knots & blocks so to speak will rise to the surface you will not seek them out.

It's a common misunderstanding as to what self enquiry and the Inner search Is all about.

Everything comes to you..not the other way round (hey)

x daz x

Thank you, very well said!

God-Like
05-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Yes... I'm calling this Surrender... of the remaining subtle knots of ego-mind into the pure truth of the Wholeness within and all around.

Xan

Yep surrendering Is part of the process of what happens when what Is seen has been acknowledged / healed / forgiven / released..

Ahh - Beautiful Is it not (lol)

x daz x

Gem
05-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks for all the insights to the purpose and ... the guidance.

I think methodology is very important, and understanding the purity of genuine curiosity expressed by those here.

I think I should just repeat that observing the breath is the best way of training the mind's focus. The mind has to retain focus... that is the first step in learning to meditate.

It is work and it takes some dicipline... persistant and patient practice. Be persistant and be patient and you are sure to see results.

Remain indifferent and unexpectant... it is the key to patience.

Preconceived expectations beget disappointment so do not expect anything, just allow what happens to be. Practice allowance, not expectation.

Do not be disappointed. Disapointment demonstrates lack of patience. Practice patience, not disappointment.

Practice indifference and allowance, not expectancy. Practice patience, not disappointment.

Practice remaining aware of the breath... indifferently, patiently, persistantly and with a pure curiosity... there will be good results.

Maybe we should discuss the details and methods of focusing on the breath.

Xan
05-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Good suggestions, Gem.

My method-of-choice for focusing in the breath is belly breathing, with my attention below the navel, for several reasons.

* This brings one's attention down from our typical focus in the head and into the body for experiencing rather than thinking.

* It allows thought activity to slow down and body tensions to relax.

* In this we get away from struggling with our mind and emotions as we breathe, allowing whatever we have been avoiding to come up, with accepting and releasing.

* From the belly we can more easily let go of expectations and remain open to whatever experience arises.

* Through attention in a subtle energy center in the lower belly, the hara balances, centers, empowers and integrates our energies.

* We are always breathing, so connecting consciously in our breath - belly breathing in particular - supports our inner, meditation awareness anytime, anywhere. Daily life can be meditation in action.

Xan

Gem
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Good suggestions, Gem.

My method-of-choice for focusing in the breath is belly breathing, with my attention below the navel, for several reasons.

* This brings one's attention down from our typical focus in the head and into the body for experiencing rather than thinking.

* It allows thought activity to slow down and body tensions to relax.

* In this we get away from struggling with our mind and emotions as we breathe, allowing whatever we have been avoiding to come up, with accepting and releasing.

* From the belly we can more easily let go of expectations and remain open to whatever experience arises.

* Through attention in a subtle energy center in the lower belly, the hara balances, centers, empowers and integrates our energies.

* We are always breathing, so connecting consciously in our breath - belly breathing in particular - supports our inner, meditation awareness anytime, anywhere. Daily life can be meditation in action.

Xan

Thank you.

I think from the very first one should not impose upon what is already happening, and just observe the breath as it is. The method of deeper belly breathing requires one to alter his natural breathing... and hence observe a change he has imposed. It also requires one to exersize control over the breath, which if left to its own devices would change rate and depth according to what one was experiencing.

I feel that the natural breath is already happening subconsciously and to observe this quickly brings one to a deeper consciousness. The shallow intake of air is more subtle too so it immediatly brings one to notice very subtle sensations (of the air).

Because the attention is focused more this immediately distracts one from the chitter chatter of the mind... coupled with that attention being drawn to subconscious activity.

Since the practitioner is immediatly forced to focus more intently... and toward the subconscious processes his concentration, perceptive ability and depth of awareness is very quickly enhanced.

The practitioner then quickly notices things at a deeper level of phsyce and becomes highly attuned to the things that might come up.

Since the perceptive ability is quickly enhanced he becomes aware of the tingly sensations of the body's energy signature and imbalances are also noticed.

I mostly feel that from the outset that a practitioner should not alter what is already happening and just observe what is.

Gem
06-10-2010, 02:34 AM
So... different methods are out there and anyone starting will get muchness of confusing advice, and admittedly the deep breathing is the most often recommended.

The thing is different techniques suit different purposes... pranic energy, astral projection, aura therapy, chakras bla bla etc etc, but recently a skilled meditator told me a story:

When you dig a well you start digging somewhere just 4' deep... then move and start digging somrwhere else for four feet and again dig another 4' hole and move again again and dig... this way you never find water.

If you first carefully choose a good spot and jus keep digging there will be a deep hole and you find water.

That's the story.

Of course everyone recommends their own method and thinks it is best, so best to see what sounds simplest, most reasonable and logical and balance it with 'go with your heart'.

And... there are meditation centres in all towns, at yoga centres and so forth.