PDA

View Full Version : To exist, it must have life

ThinkingAloud
03-10-2010, 12:25 PM
It's a question I've posted on scientific and philosophy forums, but just seem to get a load of abuse! So I'm posting it on here to hopefully receive replies from those thinking outside the box, not constrained by scientific thought.

For something to exist, even 'empty' space, it surely must possess some sort of life force of some sort? Not necessarily sentient, but a life force none the less by virtue of existing.

Would this be something you agree with or do you think I'm way off?

Thanks!

Summerland
03-10-2010, 01:08 PM
It's a question I've posted on scientific and philosophy forums, but just seem to get a load of abuse! So I'm posting it on here to hopefully receive replies from those thinking outside the box, not constrained by scientific thought.

For something to exist, even 'empty' space, it surely must possess some sort of life force of some sort? Not necessarily sentient, but a life force none the less by virtue of existing.

Thanks!

Thinking Aloud, even empty appearing space is not empty, but is made of dark energy or black matter. Our star system has a heliosphere which acts like a magnet, holding the planets in place. I believe that everything does have an awareness of its function, even a rock has a place in the Matrix. So why would someone view your question as silly? Photons have been shown to respond to the expectations of the person conducting the test, so that would show a form of intelligence. I recommend "The Divine Matrix" by Greg Bradden . He explains so much so clearly.:book1:

andrew g
03-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I would say that existence IS the life force itself. We can talk about inanimate objects such as a table and a chair, but for all their seeming inanimacy (I think I just made that word up!), they are not 'dead'. They are still existence, they still have/are life force, they are still vibrating, they just dont have the same kind of consciousness as things like animals or plants. And as Summerland said I think, even 'space' which seems empty is actually teeming with activity. I would also agree that Gregg Braden is worth a read if you are interested in this kind of thing.

I think your question is one well worth pondering :)

Lightbringer
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Here is a thought for you friend - Life is everything and everything is life. If there was just one small spot in infinity where there was no life there would be nothing. Nothing is non-existance, and therefore nothing can not exist.
Peace.

Emmalevine
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
It's incredible to think that even what we percieve as 'empty' is in fact brimming with life - atoms, particles, waves. Therefore, as others have said, there can be no 'emptiness' in the truest meaning of the word, because all life is energy, all life exists and has meaning.

mahakali
03-10-2010, 09:56 PM
welcome thinkingaloud!:hug2:

this forum site is probably the friendliest I’ve ever been on. we love to debate wile respecting other people so i think you will like SF.

about empty space. An atom is made of mostly empty space even the nucleolus is mostly empty, and everything is made of atoms. spooky! inside the atoms are electrons. I’m probably simplifying it too much but anyway my point is that there is no matter, its all empty space. my thoughts are an electric currency and so is this table.

the spirit, what is it? scientists have not been able to discover these missing particles. they know that there are some missing. What gets me is how upset some 'scientific thinkers' will get at quantum theory. they know that the answer has yet to be discovered, and that Quantum physics is the closest we have ever been but they still hate it. it forces us to re do everything we have learned about what the universe actually is. try telling a genius he was wrong, it isn’t going to go over to well. lol this world is a very spiritual thing. the implications are beyond wonder.

Lynn
03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Hello

I am one that feels ALL things are living as all things are created in energy. All things eminate and energy whom is to say that not be LIFE. We as humans tend to put life in a small box. If it bleeds and breaths its life. Whom is to say space it self does not breath on some level. There is motion there and energy there.

If there be a Universal Light ( that be God to some) then is that not some sort of level of life ? A life force or energy ?

Lynn

Casual Traveller
04-10-2010, 05:10 PM
I had a disscusion with a friend who thinks exclusively with a scientific mind and I was trying to get him to see that we are inseparable from the universe.

In the sense that if no one, or no creature is around to perceive anything then there is nothing to be perceived. i.e: nothing would exist. We give the universe its strucutre, its colour -basically how the world looks.

He couldn't comprehend why our existence mattered and thought the universe would just be exactly the same as it was now.

I couldn't comprehend how the observable universe could exist without observers. :D

On a deeper level I believe Observer and Observed are one and the same.

ThinkingAloud
07-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks all for the replies! This is by far the friendliest, most open minded place I've posted the question and that includes philosophy forums.

When you begin to start asking questions like this, you really begin to see the difference between those with rigid scientific beliefs and those with open minded spiritual beliefs.

I've been told on another forum I'm trying to redefine the word life and shouldn't, but it was never about being literal, but thinking about life as we see it. So it's refreshing to see people who can think a bit more openly.

Part of my questioning is based on quantum physics which now begins to talk about spiritual experiences. It's pretty fascinating that science is now coming back to what people spoke about thousands of years ago. I feel that this is just the start of science expanding on it's understanding.

I guess my point is, if atoms are energy and we are atoms (matter) then we are ultimately energy, which is what spiritualists have been telling us for years!

Xan
07-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Clearly there is abundant evidence of life force in all the forms in existence... humans, animals, plants, stars, galaxies, atoms, subatomic particles like electrons and photons, and so on.

All things are actually consciousness and energy in essence, including what appears to be solid matter.

Quantum physics is an area to explore about the nature of existence from the scientific view, which says the same things as the spiritual view but in different terms... because they describe the same reality.

There are some great books on this, TA, such as "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" ... "The Field" and others. And there's the movie on CD now "What the Bleep Do We Know".

Xan

ThinkingAloud
08-10-2010, 03:04 PM
There are some great books on this, TA, such as "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" ... "The Field" and others. And there's the movie on CD now "What the Bleep Do We Know".

Xan

Xan, thanks for the info. Although I've been watching a lot on quantum physics and have heard about 'what the bleep do we know', I decided to look the film up on YouTube thanks to your suggestion and it is quite fascinating.

The slit test is pretty mind blowing. Also, the fact that separated atoms can react to each other and everything on the quantum level is connected - i.e. everything in the universe, is fascinating from a scientific view but also pretty much what spiritualists have been telling us for years!

Science maybe catching up! ;)

mahakali
09-10-2010, 03:57 AM
they explain neuroplasticity as well and the way the hypothalamus works. the animated cells are my favorite. You learn that you are letting your mind loose control giving in to your addictions when we truly are capable of changing things. they explain this so well and I really learned how to better myself because of it.

''We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.'' -Buddha

LaMont Cranston
09-10-2010, 04:52 AM
ThinkingAloud, Greetings! Are you the same ThinkingAloud that I've met on another forum? (I sometimes referred to you as Thinking Allowed.) If so, it's a small world. Actually, the world is a large as we make it.

Anyway, in response to the thread topic, the answer is "yes," in order for something to exist, in your life, it must have life. Fortunately and very conveniently, you are the one who gives it that life, so, in a very real sense, you are the one who has it exist.

The Shadow knows...

ThinkingAloud
13-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Hi Lamont. I'm not sure. I've posted on a philosophy forum and science.

There was a programme on TV just last night which covered the theories of the big bang.

It covered the fact that empty space has energy - even a vacuum when it is completely emptied of atoms - energy still exists.

Hence my thought that even empty space must have life to exist! By life, I mean in existence.

But then you begin to think about the energy which exists and the consciousness and intelligence of it.

Xan
13-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Yes... Empty space has energy for life.

Through meditation you can experience the vast space of subtle energy and consciousness directly, beyond your logical understanding.

Xan

MAYA EL
05-10-2020, 02:32 AM

Thanks!

Hmmmmm well let me ask you this what do you mean by life force?
And why do you feel thst there has to be life force for something to exist ? (Working the question backwards to try to find the answer fyi)

ocean breeze
06-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Hmmmmm well let me ask you this what do you mean by life force?
And why do you feel thst there has to be life force for something to exist ? (Working the question backwards to try to find the answer fyi)

Did that user you quoted came back under a new name??? Otherwise i don't foresee this user who hasn't been here in ten years suddenly make a comeback to answer your question because they telepathically knew you asked a question. But it is an interesting idea for a thread. I can see why the bump.

Perhaps for something to exist our 5 major senses picks up on it while our mind processes, interprets, and labels. Our imagination plays a big role as well.

MAYA EL
21-10-2020, 03:53 AM
Did that user you quoted came back under a new name??? Otherwise i don't foresee this user who hasn't been here in ten years suddenly make a comeback to answer your question because they telepathically knew you asked a question. But it is an interesting idea for a thread. I can see why the bump.

Perhaps for something to exist our 5 major senses picks up on it while our mind processes, interprets, and labels. Our imagination plays a big role as well.

Holy **** I had no idea hold that post was lol

Busby
21-10-2020, 07:24 AM
It's well worth remembering that until you were born or conceived, (you can take your choice) the universe didn't exist.

Dargor
21-10-2020, 01:24 PM
I think for something to have a ''life force'' it must be a literal lifeform, whether it be a plant, an insect, a microbe, a reptile, or a mammal. But when it comes to non-living things, they just exist out of energy. And by that I mean atoms.

BigJohn
24-10-2020, 05:54 AM
I think for something to have a ''life force'' it must be a literal lifeform, whether it be a plant, an insect, a microbe, a reptile, or a mammal. But when it comes to non-living things, they just exist out of energy. And by that I mean atoms.

Hmmmm,

Artificial Intelligence mimics human intelligence. In many cases, AI probably is superior to human intelligence especially in the area of 'not forgetting'.

Dargor
24-10-2020, 09:03 AM
Hmmmm,

Artificial Intelligence mimics human intelligence. In many cases, AI probably is superior to human intelligence especially in the area of 'not forgetting'.

But it's just as you said, it's artificial. Meaning, man-made. It doesn't have a consciousness like we do.

BigJohn
24-10-2020, 11:06 AM
But it's just as you said, it's artificial. Meaning, man-made. It doesn't have a consciousness like we do.

When it comes to AI, I suspect Artificial Intelligence can be programmed in to 'it' to mimic what we call Human consciousness.

Just Tim
24-10-2020, 01:35 PM
That's a good point, but man-made also means "created by what is alive".. Therefore, don't we "pass on" a bit of life, infuse it in what we create ? Since we put in some effort and energy creating/crafting/building something.

Maybe not alive in the sense of breathing, walking or even having counsciousness...

...maybe I'm also putting too much thought into it.

Peace ! :smile:

Altair
01-11-2020, 04:32 PM

It doesn't grow and reproduce either. And even if it did by liberal definitions it just falls flat. Robots creating new robots isn't exactly 'reproduction'.

'Life' ~ organism = i.e. animal, plant, fungi, microbe
I think many here would say 'consciousness' is central to life. I believe it is just an aspect of 'life'.

Hey Tim, long time no see! :wink:

Just Tim
02-11-2020, 09:46 PM
It doesn't grow and reproduce either. And even if it did by liberal definitions it just falls flat. Robots creating new robots isn't exactly 'reproduction'.

'Life' ~ organism = i.e. animal, plant, fungi, microbe
I think many here would say 'consciousness' is central to life. I believe it is just an aspect of 'life'.

Hey Tim, long time no see! :wink:
Well, them robots don't "reproduce" in human terms, but they sure can "grow" other robots !

Ahhhhhh, it sure has been a long time :smile: how are ye ? I'm sure you missed all my nonsense and camembert ! Just so you know, I'm no good french dude, I only like the swiss cheese ! :laughing6:

Altair
03-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Well, them robots don't "reproduce" in human terms, but they sure can "grow" other robots !

Ahhhhhh, it sure has been a long time :smile: how are ye ? I'm sure you missed all my nonsense and camembert ! Just so you know, I'm no good french dude, I only like the swiss cheese ! :laughing6:

I am alright. You could be typical, as I've heard all French are up to no good!! N'est-ce pas la vérité? :occasion17:

Just Tim
06-11-2020, 11:28 PM
I am alright. You could be typical, as I've heard all French are up to no good!! N'est-ce pas la vérité? :occasion17:
Like anyone's up to any good, nowadays..!

So what's your deal with the french ? No one seems to give a damn about it on the forums. I just want to understand why someone would give so much importance to nationality before the person, y'know.

Altair
07-11-2020, 08:58 AM
Like anyone's up to any good, nowadays..!

So what's your deal with the french ? No one seems to give a damn about it on the forums. I just want to understand why someone would give so much importance to nationality before the person, y'know.

Vous nous avez battus avec ce plongeur Griezmann!!!!

Give me all your croissants and wine as payment!:D

Lorelyen
07-11-2020, 11:56 AM

Thanks!
It's down to what you believe - and how you define "life". Do you mean things have to possess some of the qualities of organic "life".
Shinto holds the belief that everything is imbued with spirit. Whether that implies life in the colloquial sense is a matter of conjecture.

Just Tim
07-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Vous nous avez battus avec ce plongeur Griezmann!!!!

Give me all your croissants and wine as payment!:D
:laughing6:

Depuis le début j'étais convaincu que tu étais Belge !!!

Gee, this forum man.. It has it all, that's insane the plot twists and all :biggrin:

Well, that wasn't a very bright world cup, apart from one or two games that were really enjoyable to watch. And yeah, lousy team, I didn't even wanted to watch it lol it was GF that watched.

Maybe, as a peace offer, I could cook some fries and you'd bring the Andalusian sauce ! I cook my fries the Belgian way, everybody loves 'em :laugh: