PDA

View Full Version : Soul Mates

Lynn
02-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Where do we begin with the topic of Soul Mate depends at times on what cultural belief’s on has. If we take the concept that we are beings in a body and with that we are “Individual” we are one body and one mind then we seek that other one body one mind to be with.

On the first and most common level it is a person that you connect to on a deep emotional level. This usually is the partner you choose. It is often one that you seek to compete you, and one that you feel you can share everything with. Good and bad .

What does Soul Mate mean to you ?

Is a Soul Mate that one person you seek out for a lifetime partnership?

Lynn

Dude111
28-11-2023, 01:20 PM
I have been reading about these Lynn and I have read if you love them and cant stop thinking of them,they could be a soulmate.......

If you find you love them shortly after meeting them,they also could be....

I dunno much about them but I do know love is beautiful and if you find someone you think is your soulmate,dont let go!!

1 wont find anyone else like them......

FallingLeaves
30-11-2023, 11:59 PM
i have several soul-mates, they hold various keys to my reality. The 'twin' is only one of them.... I used to try to get them to give me the keys for myself but any more it is more fun to see what they are gonna do with them themselves lol...

im still waiting to see if it is normal to continually have lots of soulmates (kinda like in persia or with the mormons out in salt lake city) or whether one is eventually going to be able to crowd the others out in my mind/heart. Lol.

Cribbage1952
03-02-2024, 08:07 PM
Life-time commitment, yes. Also one who is familiar with cribbage.

Miss Hepburn
03-02-2024, 08:28 PM
... I have read if you love them and cant stop thinking of them,they could be a soulmate.......
If you find you love them shortly after meeting them,they also could be....
You were very smart to say ''could'' ---they could have also been a past partner you loved ---
not at ALL your soul mate.

AngelBlue
04-02-2024, 07:21 AM
Soulmates come into your life for an hour, a day, a week , a month, a year etc , or for however long it takes for their purpose of being with you to be completed.
After that it's time for them to move on and we can have many soul mates in our lifetime.
That's my understanding of it.

hazada guess
04-02-2024, 07:37 AM
Spot on AngelBlue.:thumbsup:

Dude111
04-02-2024, 03:58 PM
Yes thank you Angel,your very smart!!

Eternal Flame
21-03-2024, 06:28 AM
Soulmates come into your life for an hour, a day, a week , a month, a year etc , or for however long it takes for their purpose of being with you to be completed.
After that it's time for them to move on and we can have many soul mates in our lifetime.
That's my understanding of it.

I like this understanding.

It is such an emotional skill to engage in letting go. Yes, we will miss the possibilities, but perhaps there is something sacred in the brief connections we sometimes have?

lostsoul13
22-03-2024, 01:27 PM
I don’t think they complete me.. I have to complete my self.. the hardest part is life is coming across a soulmate and still having experiences to learn..

We might want everything now.. but with life having everything now has been restricted..

When we get to the point of accumulation of lessons and experience .. the tf and soulmates journey becomes focused on the union of completion.. those complex lessons were for the good because you can be together without needing or wanting but a balance that soulmates connections call for..

Really I’ve met a few soulmates.. but life tells me I’ve got experience to be had..

It’s frustrating when I feel like I’m ready for reunion but life tells me I’m not..

Will I fall out of love with them?? Will they fall out love with me?? Aren’t soulmates suppose to be there at your lowest and highest like marriage in sickness and health…

Possibly…

But if your not ready your not ready.. maybe they ain’t either.. but when you do get to reunite you won’t have no superficial arguments or running or conflicts.. you’ll just be whole..

JustBe
01-04-2024, 01:50 AM
I think twin and soul terminology is simply the ‘closeness’ you move inside you, when you’re interacting with others who mirror more sameness rather than differences. The affect these people have on you and your process is often meeting the deepest parts of yourself, especially with regards to love and feelings that stir love and joy within you. We often feel safe to drop our barriers. When you feel connection deeper with another, you feel safe to be more open in yourself. So any person you hold under a label is simply the idea associated to what you decide they represent in you.

We are completing ourselves but the reflections of life support this if we are disconnected to ourselves, living through a perceived seperate view in ourselves.

Some people meditate, some people use reflections of life to build their wholeness. If you’re consciously self aware and not attaching to life as it is, you’ll build your own completeness faster.

If you want to use the analogy of the tree of life as the universe and you see yourself as one leaf close to another leaf you might determine that shared experience as something greater, than the one you have with the roots or branches further away. If you see yourself close to all leaves on one branch, that too might develop an association in your view of what those leaves mean, simply because you’re participating closer. If you have a relationship to the totality of that tree of life, you see that all life is connected, you see yourself as the entirety of the tree of life. You see your relationship as a much greater understanding of you and others and all life.

Aldous
04-04-2024, 08:53 PM
I found this today in The Femaile Eunuch by Germaine Greer.

“Love from its very nature must be transitory. To seek for a secret that would render it constant would be as wild a search as for the philosopher’s stone or the grand panacea: and the discovery would be equally useless, or rather pernicious to mankind. The most holy band of society is friendship.”
― Mary Wollstonecraft, A Vindication of the Rights of Woman