PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

Moraden
14-06-2012, 02:18 AM
I've been trying so hard to conquer a spur of depression that seemed to come over me... I don't understand exactly why its here, I have accomplished a lot recently, but none of it seems very fulfilling. I graduated High school, bought my first car, quit using drugs and alcohol... But for some reason none of it is bringing me happiness, I use to be a very social creature, but now I can hardly look people in the eyes, and when they talk to me I never know what to say. I've been using to secret to push myself forward to better things, but how can I use to it bring happiness?? I cant even meditate anymore, religion doesn't seem to help, I tried magic and it just scared me... Im a reiki master but self healing though it brings me some inner peace, I still am either unhappy, or apathetic most of the time. Im getting very sick of it all, has anyone ever been here? How did you get out? I just need some wisdom and hope that this will get better. :confused:

MRDazzle
14-06-2012, 02:29 AM
May I suggest a book? " New Earth " Eckhart Tolle. Maybe you are looking for outward and external happiness? All those outward desires ( career, car, accomplishments, parental approval, social approval ) are all temporary and will eventually fail you ) It stems from lack of love and acceptance for yourself. I had this same thing.. still struggle with it from time. It is so hard to live in the NOW and love from the inside out. I feel for ya. This book helped me.

Moraden
14-06-2012, 02:36 AM
I like the quote from the book you have in your signature, I'll give it a read! Thank you.

Healingangelus
14-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Hi There!!

HERE (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=a+new+earth+eckhart+tolle+par t+1+&oq=New+Earth+Eckhart+Tolle&aq=1m&aqi=g1g-m9&aql=&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0j0i5l9.1431.5552.0.13210.3.3.0.0 .0.0.174.408.0j3.3.0...0.0.lIb0O4S5tmM) I´ve just found that book on youtube!!

In general, what´s writen in those books are mostly that, what they´re talking about "word for word", so you don´t need to buy it anymore and just listen to the parts!! :smile:

Moraden
14-06-2012, 03:01 AM
thanks! I was fixing to order it off amazon lol

MRDazzle
14-06-2012, 04:14 AM
I hope you find peace and healing in there.. you will see the world totally different when you become aware of your own thoughts about it. It's kinda cool watching yourself react like an out of body experience. Enjoy the beginning of your journey to the inside. :D

psychoslice
14-06-2012, 04:19 AM
You must find what it is that is making unhappy, the things you did in the past helped to suppress what is now arising, only you can know what it is, find it and deal with it, its the only way.

Moraden
14-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Thats kinda a problem because Im not entirely sure what is causing it. Perhaps its quitting the use of drugs and alcohol and separating myself from my entire peer group because its all that they do.

Native spirit
14-06-2012, 09:44 AM
:smile: Hey Moraden,

Firstly congratulations on coming off drugs and alcohol.you did what a lot of people struggle with.it couldnt have been easy and it would have taken will power to do it, now the hard work begins.
while you are on drugs alcohol etc, you dull your sences so nothing botthers you like it does now. you could join a support group for ex addicts and who knows you may find that you may be of a great support for others going through the same thing its finding the cause of your taking drugs in the first place. once you find that you treat the cause.then you willl find that everything else falls into place.
you need support in finding your path now, because that will take your mind of why you took drugs in the first place.and help you find your way, you need to fill your time with other things, by not worrying about it. it becomes easier.

Namaste

Sammy
14-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Deffinately congrats! Some good suggestions from everyone, and I think your all right. Some self validation is needed.

Another thing to work on self worthe, is find a art that you enjoy enough to learn. Practice at a way to express what you feal on the inside. Once its on the outside its alot easier to reflect on it, since you can observe it. I draw with pencil "different shades", but there is LOTS of mediums. Painting, clay, chalks, charcoal, even crayons will work.

It might take a while to create something your proud of, but you will have gotten out alot by then.

Sammy
14-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Well I only described drawing practices, but you can do any kind of art. Writing was always a favorite of mine too.

You are a blank to be "filled" in, and color is overflowing to join you. The world is your canvas for everyone to see, your minds voice to our minds ears. What are you going to show us?

Moraden
16-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I use to write a lot, I should right again, and Im listening to this book right now, its very very good, I love it!