PDA

View Full Version : There's a star man waiting in the sky

Pagandell
13-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I find it hard to see how a lot of people dont seem to have an open mind to any faith /spiritual belief. :confused: Where are there heads at :confessed:
How can there be such a gap between us and them :icon_frown:
Appreciate eny feed back :D .

Animus27
13-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Perhaps you can elucidate?

Pagandell
13-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Perhaps you can elucidate?
Why the difference :cool:

Animus27
13-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Why the difference :cool:
Well, you can easily reverse the question: why are spiritual people so inclined to be credulous?

Pagandell
13-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Well, you can easily reverse the question: why are spiritual people so inclined to be credulous?
To me my spiritual feeling s are instinctive :cool:

Animus27
14-06-2012, 03:45 AM
To me my spiritual feeling s are instinctive :cool:
And instincts are useful, but can be misleading. Some folks place a greater weight to rational discourse over gut feelings.

norseman
14-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Rationality -v- Intuition ? Surely better to have a balance, as in most things.
Rationality tends to provide a "black or white" framework, while Intuition provides the nuances, the "grey".

qwerty
14-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I find it hard to see how a lot of people dont seem to have an open mind to any faith /spiritual belief. Where are there heads at :confessed:

I don't think it's that - Maybe they don't see a need to immerse themselves in 'spirituality', as the world itself already has so much to offer. Also, being 'spiritual' is usually (though not always) FAITH-based... For them it's not worth putting time and energy into something they're not even sure exists. Like, I don't see why I need to offer human sacrifices to Quetzalcoatl (You may say that that's a stupid practice, but for the ancient Mesoamericans, it was spiritual) :o
Plus, this practice of human sacrifice could have originated from instinctive/gut feeling, who knows?

I'm not trying to bash on faith here, but I just want to show that we non/semi-believers (I made up "semi-believers" :p) do have heads :D
Personally I'm open to spiritual practices - some I find more 'believable' than others. They're all very interesting; some I find really beautiful... But I can't rely on a 100% faith to control most parts of my life, you see. For example, I wouldn't put my faith in an afterlife, because just what if there really isn't one? All of my efforts preparing myself for one would go to waste, just like that. And if there is one anyway, well it'd be a really wonderful (or horrible, if it was a hellish afterlife lol) surprise :)

Pagandell
14-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Rationality -v- Intuition ? Surely better to have a balance, as in most things. Rationality tends to provide a "black or white" framework, while Intuition provides the nuances, the "grey".
Yes i think upon the same lines. I have both faith and doubt a kind of balance that seems to work ok. :angel12:

Pagandell
14-06-2012, 01:25 PM
And instincts are useful, but can be misleading. Some folks place a greater weight to rational discourse over gut feelings.
And it takes one to know one .... :D
Love and light. :hug3:

Animus27
14-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Rationality -v- Intuition ? Surely better to have a balance, as in most things.
Rationality tends to provide a "black or white" framework, while Intuition provides the nuances, the "grey".
I couldn't agree more. :D

shadedragon
15-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Often :D the people who are the most afraid, the most unwilling to accept something are those who are the closest to being one, without actually being one. It's like that stage in ap where everyone is scared bc of something they heard about or experienced first hand. My mother sees spirits and denies their existance. My grandpa is an amazing healer and says it's a coincidence that others get better around him. My cousins are strong and one can make the rain part and just not fall on one area at will, they say its all luck. My friends watch me do card readings and are shocked at the accuracy, then say I just know them and maybe heard something from someone else, and when it's really something they never tell anyone, they blame it on my ability to read body language.. Of course there are plenty that agree with and learn with me, but there are those who just straight out deny things dead in front of them.
Sometimes I don't see the logic in forgetting or the logic behind not believing or rationalizing everything out, bc it's important to notice what's really going on around you.

Pagandell
16-06-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't think it's that - Maybe they don't see a need to immerse themselves in 'spirituality', as the world itself already has so much to offer. Also, being 'spiritual' is usually (though not always) FAITH-based... For them it's not worth putting time and energy into something they're not even sure exists. Like, I don't see why I need to offer human sacrifices to Quetzalcoatl (You may say that that's a stupid practice, but for the ancient Mesoamericans, it was spiritual) :oPlus, this practice of human sacrifice could have originated from instinctive/gut feeling, who knows?I'm not trying to bash on faith here, but I just want to show that we non/semi-believers (I made up "semi-believers" :p) do have heads :DPersonally I'm open to spiritual practices - some I find more 'believable' than others. They're all very interesting; some I find really beautiful... But I can't rely on a 100% faith to control most parts of my life, you see. For example, I wouldn't put my faith in an afterlife, because just what if there really isn't one? All of my efforts preparing myself for one would go to waste, just like that. And if there is one anyway, well it'd be a really wonderful (or horrible, if it was a hellish afterlife lol) surprise :)
I know whot your saying, but I have seen to much with my own eyes that I feel I must carry on with my spiritaul pathway. :smile:
Maby I should explain, I have explored a few different faiths etr but not joined eny, so to speak .But I feel very grateful for whot has been revealed to me. :angel1: For me being here on S F is just up my street, I can explore and share without having to be of any particular faith.
I like to speak about things that I feel at this very moment in time and I thought about the difference between believers and non belevers, but now you have opened it up a bit Im thinking maby I was being a bit black and white. :icon_colors:

qwerty
16-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I know whot your saying, but I have seen to much with my own eyes that I feel I must carry on with my spiritaul pathway. :smile:
Maby I should explain, I have explored a few different faiths etr but not joined eny, so to speak .But I feel very grateful for whot has been revealed to me. :angel1: For me being here on S F is just up my street, I can explore and share without having to be of any particular faith.
I like to speak about things that I feel at this very moment in time and I thought about the difference between believers and non belevers, but now you have opened it up a bit Im thinking maby I was being a bit black and white. :icon_colors:

Well good for you, then! And I understand - It's like how there are many people who say have experiences with ghosts, but there'll still be plenty of people who wouldn't believe them. For the experiencer(s) it's real and has impacted their lives, but for others who haven't been through that sort of thing, they think the experiencers are messed up in the head or lying or exaggerating :p
Actually, I've always wished that I could walk down a spiritual pathway of some sort, but I can't seem to find an opening - Maybe it's the world around me or my rather secular background, i dunno :p When people talk about their spiritual experiences I feel like just a spectator in the background, haha...
But I think life can be a great journey, whether or not you consciously choose to walk a spiritual pathway :D

Pagandell
16-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Often :D the people who are the most afraid, the most unwilling to accept something are those who are the closest to being one, without actually being one. It's like that stage in ap where everyone is scared bc of something they heard about or experienced first hand. My mother sees spirits and denies their existance. My grandpa is an amazing healer and says it's a coincidence that others get better around him. My cousins are strong and one can make the rain part and just not fall on one area at will, they say its all luck. My friends watch me do card readings and are shocked at the accuracy, then say I just know them and maybe heard something from someone else, and when it's really something they never tell anyone, they blame it on my ability to read body language.. Of course there are plenty that agree with and learn with me, but there are those who just straight out deny things dead in front of them.Sometimes I don't see the logic in forgetting or the logic behind not believing or rationalizing everything out, bc it's important to notice what's really going on around you.
On reading your post I got a very Strong feeling of deja vu. :angel10:
Or mabe it was a recognition of your family being similar to mine.
When I read the cards I do seem to get a lot of respect and openness from folk. :smile:
Mabe some dont like to talk about it I :love1: talking about it.
I wonder why that is. :confused:

Pagandell
19-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Well good for you, then! And I understand - It's like how there are many people who say have experiences with ghosts, but there'll still be plenty of people who wouldn't believe them. For the experiencer(s) it's real and has impacted their lives, but for others who haven't been through that sort of thing, they think the experiencers are messed up in the head or lying or exaggerating :pActually, I've always wished that I could walk down a spiritual pathway of some sort, but I can't seem to find an opening - Maybe it's the world around me or my rather secular background, i dunno :p When people talk about their spiritual experiences I feel like just a spectator in the background, haha... But I think life can be a great journey, whether or not you consciously choose to walk a spiritual pathway :D
I can say Ive kinda learnt from this thread. Firstly I should have put it under General Beliefs on the Spirituality and Beliefs section plus the title didn't clearly explain whot the thread was about. Ill keep this in mind with eny future threads. I allso feel I may have come across as being a bit of a supremacist. :rolleyes:
I dont think ive consciously chosen to walk a spiritual pathway I feel it has more chosen me. :D

shadedragon
21-06-2012, 03:12 AM
On reading your post I got a very Strong feeling of deja vu. :angel10:
Or mabe it was a recognition of your family being similar to mine.
When I read the cards I do seem to get a lot of respect and openness from folk. :smile:
Mabe some dont like to talk about it I :love1: talking about it.
I wonder why that is. :confused:
:D I find that there are many who go through this as well. Especially within their families and friends, among those who don't believe in such things :P I'm very open and enjoy talking about things as well, but I am in high school and have to see where things can come out while others shouldn't. I tend to pick up on others energy when they or someone they are close with is spiritual, and then I know that I have found someone I can pretty much have a good long conversation with, and make some new lasting friends who understand what I do.:)

Pagandell
21-06-2012, 02:45 PM
:D I find that there are many who go through this as well. Especially within their families and friends, among those who don't believe in such things :P I'm very open and enjoy talking about things as well, but I am in high school and have to see where things can come out while others shouldn't. I tend to pick up on others energy when they or someone they are close with is spiritual, and then I know that I have found someone I can pretty much have a good long conversation with, and make some new lasting friends who understand what I do.:)
Yeah I've got a few more years on the clock than you :D So I now tend to go to the inner source of my being, going back to past experiences that have overwhelmingly confirmed certain beliefs I have harbour'd all my life, and therefore mabe I am more confident to push boundaries to get to the inner truth of are existence :smile: lol....... :icon_eek:

Kismet
06-08-2012, 05:31 AM
I find it hard to see how a lot of people dont seem to have an open mind to any faith /spiritual belief. :confused: Where are there heads at :confessed:

For some reason I cannot help thinking of Dhruva.

DayLight1555
06-08-2012, 05:39 AM

the reason is: inability to believe something that can't be proven... I think it's in their gene code programming

there are all kinds of people: some can believe absolutely anything, others can believe certain things, others can believe a little and doubt a little, and last but not least, others just can't believe at all

people have different tastes, different opinions, different perspectives and abilities and gifts, different ability to think, different ability to believe something without proof... we are like little unique programs with different abilities and different limitations

Henri77
06-08-2012, 11:38 PM

What you may fail to recognize ,is that we all are not inherently aware of spiritual realities...that you easily accept.

Science, family-peers ,education may deny all but the physical,and shape one's
outlook at an early age.
Unless one is somewhat (spiritually) aware OR very curious , the door may remain closed throughout their life.

I was raised Catholic and participated in those ceremonies till I started asking questions priests couldn't answer, and decided to look elsewhare.
I asked lots of questions and studied philosophy looking for answers, but found non that stuck.

A chance event when a college friend gave me a tab of LSD ,open the doors to a reality I'd never suspected. My view of life was never the same.

And of course I'm still asking questions, decades later.

Native spirit
11-08-2012, 10:26 PM
:smile: Everytime i read this topic i can hear David Bowie singing it.

Namaste

Pagandell
31-08-2012, 12:19 AM
And theres allways the things we all have in common, hopefully :angel9:
It's just sadly for me the world seems so divided :icon_frown:........

Theres somethings, we all know.
The sound of the breeze in the trees.
The sunset with the dawning a new day.
The meadow in the woods, where the nature spirits play :icon_flower:

Xan
31-08-2012, 01:57 AM

People grow and evolve at different rates, spiritually and otherwise.

Accepting each one as they are in their process is important for going ahead ourselves and for supporting each other.

Xan

Pagandell
01-09-2012, 07:54 PM
People grow and evolve at different rates, spiritually and otherwise. Accepting each one as they are in their process is important for going ahead ourselves and for supporting each other.
Xan
Yes, so true, accepting/ reaching out to others is so important, but when people are attacking you in an energy vampire like way, the only thing you can think is that, oh well they must be teaching me patience, but that's not allways easy when your under attack and your energy is being drained away . :D

Xan
01-09-2012, 09:22 PM
I understand what you're saying, Pagandell.

I've found that being aware in the subtle spiritual light and gently emanating that to the attackers works best for me.

Xan

Pagandell
02-09-2012, 10:09 PM
I understand what you're saying, Pagandell.
I've found that being aware in the subtle spiritual light and gently emanating that to the attackers works best for me.Xan
Yes Xan that is the way to do it, I think it's the only way realy.
And we type folk are very lucky to be able to come to SF and share are visions of the other dimensions and things. :hug3:

Quinn the Eskimo
04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, the thing is, having an open mind means you aren't defending against anything. If you feel that someone's beliefs aren't credible, let them be. That is where that person needs to be at this time. If they were ready to go farther, they would.

Instincts can be a confusing topic because what one might think is an instinct might not be, and what one thinks is rational might not be either.

Everything we say is a symbol, an interpretation. When you are defending against something someone says and holding a grievance about it, you are fighting against yourself. We're still stuck in the old ego patterns of trying to assert ourselves. We see it all the time. We want our way of thinking and living to be recognized and valued. While I am asserting myself, and you are asserting yourself, we can not join together and see the reality of the situation.

Occultist
04-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Just because you choose your path to walk does not mean we all have the same path.
Your path is spiritual others not so much. To question the disbelief of a Athiest and ponder it like there missing out on something is very shallow.
Try digging deeper ask yourself the same questions about yourself.
I mean technically if you think about it your spiritual path cannot even be proven you could worship the ghost of scooby doo or flying spaghetti monster. That's your thing you cannot 100% show us the flying spaghetti monster even exists it boils down you choose to believe in this force unto yourself. Understand??
Athiest's arent missing out on anything everyone has a different path to enlightenment.
http://www.northernsun.com/images/imagelarge/8084.jpg

Pagandell
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I see whot your saying, I did not whont to come across as judgmental or dismissing of other peoples ways......:icon_frown:
Im very much into sharing with others, like we do here on S f.
I will take on board whot you have said.

Im now going to shuffle my Tarot cards and pull one out, this will be fun :D

Oh wow. I got the Fool, nice one.
Yeah I suppose that says it all realy :toothy2: