PDA

View Full Version : Weird "deja-vu" feeling

SeekingAdvice
10-06-2012, 09:16 PM
It's kinda hard to explain, but I'm going to do my best.

Sometimes I get an odd feeling, like if I had already "lived" or seen what I'm doing at the moment. For example, there was one time that I was on vacation an we're staying at some country houses and I made friends with another kid that was staying next door. Then, while I was walking and talking with this boy next to me, I got this feeling, as if I had seen that picture before (me talking with the kid in that same situation), and it was certainly impossible because I hadn't met him before that day.

I really don't know how, but whenever I get them I'm just 100% SURE I saw that before; bad news is that I only get the feeling when I'm in the middle of the situation: before talking to the kid, I didn't acknowledge that sort of "vision". This makes them impossible to control or to use to change the situation a bit.

Anyway, I don't know how to put this, but I'm also sure that I get these deja-vu feelings because I REALLY saw them before on my dreams. Unfortunately, I've never been able to remember if I did or did not have them and they all happen randomly. What I have found out, however, is that I tend to get more visions when I yearn for them; I know this because everytime I started telling myself I wanted more visions, I would end up having the deja-vu feelings again.

Since most of them happened while I was like 8 years old, I tried asking my uncle or some other relative, but they all said it was just a coincidence and I was just dreaming about those situations because they happen in my everyday life. Still, the one with the kid I had just met made me wonder about them a lot.

Sorry for the big wall of text, but I was just concerned about it and I felt like asking if anyone else ever felt something like this.

Sybilline
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Hi SeekingAdvice!

Everyone has had feelings of deja-vu, probably just not as often as yours. What it is is yet to be defined --- Science would tell us that it's either coincidence or something you've been thinking about so much before the whole thing, that when something similar popped up you immediately relate it to that, and think it's a dream or vision.

Personally I think our dreams speak to us, why and how I do not know, I think it could be the energies around us translated into visions and sounds.

Just a question, what is your concept of time? Because I think that the past, present, and future, are all happening simultaneously. What we do is jump from one plane to another.

For example you were trying to choose between being wearing shirt A, and shirt B. You wearing shirt A, and you wearing shirt B, both exist, NOW. We humans I believe are capable of shifting from plane to plane. So I think we simply choose whether you jump in to the plane with shirt A, or the plane with shirt B.

So I think... Maybe you shift to another plane in your dream? Because if we base it on this, then it "hasn't happened yet" is not really true. It's all just happening at the same time. Just an input based on what I think makes sense.

SeekingAdvice
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Well, my concept of time doesn't differ too much. I take it as if time was a dimension and everything that's related to spirituality is in another dimension above it. Therefore, if you can master your spirit, you should be able "master" time. Easier said than done though. >.>

But I wonder then... perhaps some kind of spirit sort of "puts me through" to another part in this endless timeline and lets me see it? I still can't really control or remember it clearly, so... I can't really tell why it happens yet.

In any case, I'm happy to see that I recieved a lot of replies, both through PMs and here. Thanks! :smile:

Horse
21-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Happens to me a lot too. Usually happens before I'm about to make a mistake.

LadyTerra
24-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Well, my concept of time doesn't differ too much. I take it as if time was a dimension and everything that's related to spirituality is in another dimension above it. Therefore, if you can master your spirit, you should be able "master" time. Easier said than done though. >.>

But I wonder then... perhaps some kind of spirit sort of "puts me through" to another part in this endless timeline and lets me see it? I still can't really control or remember it clearly, so... I can't really tell why it happens yet.

In any case, I'm happy to see that I recieved a lot of replies, both through PMs and here. Thanks! :smile:

It is your Spirit (Sweetie).:wink:

What is (actually) happening is that you are AstralProjecting in your sleep.

I began doing it as a very young child and even met my Step-sister and Step-brothers--long before I was ever introduced to them--or had ever seen their pictures.

This is very common--you simply have a Spirit that likes to wander!

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...

Juanita
24-07-2012, 07:06 PM
It is your Spirit (Sweetie).:wink:

What is (actually) happening is that you are AstralProjecting in your sleep.

I began doing it as a very young child and even met my Step-sister and Step-brothers--long before I was ever introduced to them--or had ever seen their pictures.

This is very common--you simply have a Spirit that likes to wander!

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...

this is quite possible, but it also could be a sign that you left for yourself before you were born and for me it means that I am exactly where I was meant to be at that moment.....

SeekingAdvice
25-07-2012, 10:52 PM
this is quite possible, but it also could be a sign that you left for yourself before you were born and for me it means that I am exactly where I was meant to be at that moment.....

I didn't quite understand that, could you explain it to me? :confused:

Juanita
26-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I didn't quite understand that, could you explain it to me? :confused:

Many believe that we incarnated on earth with a LIfe Plan and this includes the major events and circumstances of our lives....but, as we are mostly born with no memories of our Life on the Otherside or past lives, we left little signposts for ourselves so we could recognize that we are on the right path......for me deja vu is a signpost.......there are other possibilities, of course, as others have said--like our spirit obeing and deja vu is our remembrance of that, so either way for me it confirms that I am exactly where I was meant to be on my life journey.......l

justsomepawn
30-08-2012, 01:17 AM
i feel that way too except i didn't dream about it. and it's not really deja-vu. it's subtle.

shadedragon
30-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Irony is I came here thinking I've read this before- nope never read it, but I knew every word when I began reading, and a really big sense of deja vu :P
It happens quite a bit, and is rather on the normal side for me, about every few days I get it. It usually means that you are exactly where you need to be right then, and that you are on the right track :)

eyalec
31-08-2012, 08:41 AM
In one of the chapter of a science fiction TV series called fringe, they suggest deja-vu is a glipse to a parallel universe with an alternate reality. Who knows..

wade
02-09-2012, 09:19 PM
neat little thread! Thought I would chime in on what my belief is for the deja vu feeling. I believe that the life we are living now, has already happened (many times, to be precise), as my concept of time is more on the infinite, rather than from beginning to end. This idea includes reincarnation (but that is another subject altogether). The deja vu is just our memories of this life from past instances, and that we (as spiritual beings) are here to become one with the creator...eventually. It is up to us (individually) to try and correct any mistakes that we may have made in each and every life that we have/had lived, plus to grow spiritually within them. The one thing that I'm not sure on, is when we do become one with the creator, what will happen...whether it be that we just don't come back to this life, or we get a new life (in this time period) to live.
But that's my opinion...wade:)

dave sonsaleagain
26-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Seekingadvice, Hi. I have a stranger one then that for you. 8 years ago I walked into a warehouse to apply for a job and while fumbling with my paperwork, placed a large magic marker about the size of a small flashlight in my mouth to hold it. At that very moment a feeling of indescribable fear and dread came over me. It was deja vu at its worst. The hair on my neck stood up,I broke into a cold sweat and left without completing my application. 3 years later I was at work and the same feeling overcame me. Just then, 2 policeman walked in,arrested me and at the station I was shown a secuty tape picture of a guy who looked just like me holding a small flashlight in his mouth while swinging a 2by4 at the camera. I have since come to understand the deja vu feelings were my spirit guide warning me of impending trajedy. There were several other really strange experiences related to this that I should have picked up on but at that time I thought all ESP related stuff was nonsense. I just didn't grasp the concept that because we don't see something with our eyes or feel it with our hands doesn't mean its not there. There are things in the other realms that know us even if we don't know them.