PDA

View Full Version : Organic growing

CrazyDiamond
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM
This is my first time growing all organic fruit and vegetables as I am fed up with GMO rubbish in supermarkets. Since I started in early January everything is just growing crazy!. Does anyone else grow their own? and if so what tips could you give for a first timer :smile:

LPC
10-06-2012, 02:09 PM
We have a large garden here in France. What exactly do you want to know? It's difficult to give tips without knowing about what exactly. Weeds? Prevention of plant diseases? Propagation? The list goes on....

knightofalbion
10-06-2012, 02:21 PM
You can't beat growing your own. It tastes so much better, it saves money and, assuming you've not resorted to chemicals, it is a lot healthier.

The first thing is to grow on a rich soil. It sounds like the soil is rich where you are CD, so you're lucky in that respect.

If the soil needs a boost, seaweed is a wonderful soil enhancer. If you want to work in manure, horse is the only one to use.

Mayflow
10-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Where do you live and what are the climatic and soil conditions?

Gardening organic is Heaven personified! :D

CrazyDiamond
10-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Hey thanks for the tips guys I live in the Heathrow area and what helps is the fact that it was all farmland here in the 30s.

Arcturus
10-06-2012, 08:23 PM
adding rock dust to the soil will grow BIG, juicy and tasty stuff, guaranteed. check out bio dynamic agriculture too.

Podshell
12-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Re Posted from another thread.

I am reminded I need to post something on here regards my experience of trying to convert gardens and allotments to organic in my area , quite a disaster! , especially one big garden where I was surrounded by conventional gardens, it was like putting a feast out for all the pests in the neighbourhood. Took about three years to get sorted and get the soil back to resembling soil again using alternative methods , so if anyone is going to try this it can be a struggle and please don't give up.