PDA

View Full Version : Good advice appreciated...

EarthyGirl
07-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Has anyone ever had experience dealing with people who practice dark magic? Dark side of VooDoo to be specific?

Quintessence
07-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Please define what you mean by "dark magic."

Also, do you mean Voodoo (a religion) or Hoodoo (a system of magical practice)? They get conflated often, so I thought I would ask. Either way, I'm none of those two nor have I dealt directly with members of Voodoo religions or Conjure folk. Not that I know of. I also live in the Midwestern USA, so it's not as if I'd run into it.

EarthyGirl
07-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Dark magic... magic used for ill purposes instead of light. I'm not familiar at all with VooDoo, HooDoo or the like, so I don't know how to answer that part of your question.

Quintessence
07-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Take a gander over to Wikipedia if you want to familiarize with the basics of Hoodoo and Voodoo. They're not the same thing. Hoodoo is probably what you are wanting to discuss, since that's a magical practice that may involve spellcraft for "ill purposes." I think Occultist around here mentioned they have experience in this area. Hopefully s/he will find this thread.

In any case, I've dealt with plenty of folks in various communities who don't put restraints on their spellcraft simply because it has "ill purposes" (frankly, I'm one of them). In no cases have I run into someone who only does malevolent spellcraft and who is constantly slinging mud at everyone left and right. If that's the kind of extremist you're looking for, I've got zero experience with that. Though you can find some excellent examples of it in contemporary journalism or politics.

EarthyGirl
07-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info.

I'm not looking for a person who does those things, just someone who has experience dealing with someone of that nature. I'm hoping to get some good advice on how to handle a situation of that sort.

Quintessence
07-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Oh, I've dealt with it in that way too (as in been a target). *laughs* Plus, having a knowledge of spellcraft I have an insider view that others may not be able to give you. As the saying goes, a Witch that knows how to hex knows how to heal (and vice versa). :D

In general, dealing with being a target is a matter of personal will and conviction in my experience. Although I've been targeted by malevolent spellcraft (or otherworldly entities) I've never been negatively impacted by them for one very simple reason: conviction. They cannot touch me. It is a fact that nothing can touch me unless I allow it to. It's not a belief, it's a fact and there is no doubting it. If you can rally that strength of conviction, you will have zero trouble from these kinds of things. Some forms of malevolent spellcraft work not because of the power of the Witch behind it, but because the target does it to themselves by believing in it. They create a self-fullfilling prophecy. Every little bad thing that happens to them they blame on the hex or the curse, when in reality, it is their own mind that is their enemy. Discipline and steel your own mind and, for the most part, nothing can touch you.

MRDazzle
07-06-2012, 05:13 PM
My question to you is... How does this person make YOU feel? If you feel uneasy about him/her, or you feel this person is interrupting your energy in some way, you can protect yourself in may ways. You can zip up your energy, http://youtu.be/Lq1Dfh-qgrA . (I've had to use this on so many occasions. I actually forgot about this since I moved and you have helped ME remember this.) Bach Flower Remedies help against negative forces as well. Larch is what I use.

knightofalbion
07-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Auto-suggestion is a key pary of Voodoo sorcery. Delivering a 'doll' identified as the victim to the victim, in a superstitious culture, scares the living daylights out of that person.

It should be noted that when the British moved into West Africa they also encountered Voodoo sorcery, but having been highly educated at English public schools like Eton and Harrow they dismissed it as ridiculous mumbo jumbo and it didn't work on them.

My advice would be to give them a wide berth. You don't want to be associating with people of that mindset.

Work evil and 'you' may well get away with it for a time, but sooner or later, karma will catch up with 'you'...
The soul cannot progress until it has made reparation for all evil acts.

EarthyGirl
07-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Thank you all for the sound advice. It is actually my son who is dealing with such people, not me. I will pass along the advice to him as well. :o)
Thank you again!

psychoslice
07-06-2012, 10:39 PM
I find that these sort of people are only after power, they usually have a low self esstem and believing that they have power gives to them their fix of thinking their someone special.

Sybilline
08-06-2012, 01:26 AM
In my country we have a "mambabarang" which is a witch that can implant all sorts of disgusting creepy crawlies in your body if you anger it. The only cure is to ask her to take the spell back.

CatChild
08-06-2012, 05:08 AM
In my honest opinion, anything will work on/in you Only if you let it/Believe it. Anything of this nature is actually designed to tickle your excitement/fear buttons. If you know someone who's into this stuff just brush them off openly and don't give away your power. Really, it's only as big as you believe it to be. It's all about Perception. They'll soon leave you alone!

EarthyGirl
08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
I find that these sort of people are only after power, they usually have a low self esstem and believing that they have power gives to them their fix of thinking their someone special.

This is precisely the case! That is exactly the mindset of these two people.

Quintessence
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
This is precisely the case! That is exactly the mindset of these two people.

Oh. They must be quite weak. People with low self-esteem shouldn't be practicing spellcraft, be it hexing OR healing. In fact, they're probably not actually practicing it at all. Doing spellcraft requires a strong will, and anyone with low self-esteem is not going to have the willpower or focus to get anything to work. If you know how to work spellcraft yourself, undoing whatever they did will be painfully easy. Weak minds make for weak spells. :laughing7:

EarthyGirl
08-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Love that. Yes, you are right, of course!

Thank you.