PDA

View Full Version : Prayer versus living in the now

3dnow
02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Hello,

I'm wondering how the two are possible together. I pray for important changes in my life but I also want to enjoy the now.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

3dnow

Adrienne
02-10-2010, 11:51 AM
hello 3dnow,

If you are praying for changes in your life, isn't this something that will happen in the future ? Could be immediate future, could be distant future, so I cannot really see how this would affect your enjoying the now.

Unless the two are in conflict with one another ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

earthprowler
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Hello,

I'm wondering how the two are possible together. I pray for important changes in my life but I also want to enjoy the now.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

3dnow

Well you kind of have to live in the now while you wait for answers to your prayers which even if they come tomorrow will be in the future. yeah? :D

3dnow
02-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Hello Dream Angel and earthprowler

Yes but I'm praying now (for the future) but it is happening now, instead of enjoying the now I'm praying for the future, hoping somethings that will happen in the future. This makes me unhappy in the now.

3dnow

andrew g
02-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Hello,

Is this possible?

Thanks,

3dnow

I would say the two are basically incompatible, because in the Now we no longer perceive ourselves as separate from that which we are praying to. In the Now, we are in realization and in knowing that we ARE God and that we ARE the guidance that we seek. To be in the Now is to be is a state OF prayer - essentially, the line is always open. However, I would also say that praying can be a helpful tool sometimes to help us become someone who is in joy of the Now. A prayer for peace, a prayer to be shown the path to peace, a prayer for the willingness to be at peace, a prayer for the courage to do what needs to be done so that I can be at peace.....these are all prayers that I have said over the years, and may well say again.

Adrienne
02-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Hello Dream Angel and earthprowler

Yes but I'm praying now (for the future) but it is happening now, instead of enjoying the now I'm praying for the future, hoping somethings that will happen in the future. This makes me unhappy in the now.

3dnow

hi 3dnow,

I can understand the difficulty of enjoying the now, if you are looking towards the future and wanting to making changes, because you are unhappy in the now ?
If I am understanding this correctly ?

It is ok to pray now for the future, or to manifest changes you want to make in the future.

One cannot always be happy in the now, it is such a fleeting moment of time, which especially when one is enjoying it... the now so quickly becomes a memory of the past !

Memories are always with you, not disappearing into nothingness like the now.

LOL, perhaps I am not the best one to give advice about "living in and enjoying the now " :D I find this difficult to do myself.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Starbuck
02-10-2010, 02:04 PM
You can pray in gratitude for what you have. I like to do this to keep a positive outlook and to remind myself that everything in life is a gift.

You can also pray for guidance in certain situations. I think the key to remaining in the now is not attaching yourself to any future outcome but trusting in where life is taking you. You could pray for support and guidance for yourself or other people but not lose sight of where you are in the Now.

I personally find praying a great comfort becuse it connects me to my Higher Self and nature. I don't see it as praying to a God outside of me but by getting in touch with who I am within. This can be done whilst still remaining in the present and knowing you have the power in the moment.

Ivy
02-10-2010, 02:52 PM
The concept of living in the now comes up against many contradictions when 'now' is considered as a time frame. How long is a now? one second, today, a week, month, year?

There is a meditation, (probably of buddhist monks) so well known even Ive heard of it lol...in which the participants are given a raisin and asked to focus wholly on experiencing the raisin. It is no doubt an enlightening experience, but the lesson for most will simply be to realise that the thoughts, conditionings, perceptions, beliefs about yourself, others, life...are not a physical reality, they exist in your mind...and they are yours to change.

For me, I prefer my now to be all the thoughts, emotion, dreams and creativity as well as the physical sensory experience of life. But I am aware that they are only stories and I take pleasure in writing mine. Which, in a way is what your prayers are doing....creating tommorow from this moment.

Tommorow and yesterday are created and re-created in every moment.

3dnow
03-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks everyone:hug3:

3dnow

3dnow
06-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I finally understood!

Now is the only thing to accept.

The fact that I want a change in the future doesn't contradict with that.

I can fully accept the now. It is the only thing I accept.

3dnow

Xan
06-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Is this possible?

Yes, this is possible. While you are praying or doing some healing or some affirmations and manifestation work... just be Present... Now.

Xan

kaze
06-10-2010, 09:46 PM
praying wont do anything for you, but its a nice gesture to god. give thanks to the sun on sunday, not god. give god thanks everyday, lol.

YOU have to apply ideas to reality, to get results you want. god doesn't govern reality or human laws, other then keeping the universe going with its infinite energy

what happened to kaze420 account?

Thinker108
06-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Any other view is there?

Thinker108
06-09-2011, 05:01 AM
when you pray, it not means, that you are not enjoying the present. Both are possible.