PDA

View Full Version : manifesting the opposite of desires???

faith83
05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I've spent the first 26 years of my life always waiting for negativity and pain because through my childhood I believed that if I prepared myself for the worse I wouldn't be disappointed so much. Needless to say I set myself up for some very negative experiences.

I'm happy to say that I've have turned that all around. I'm now learning how to think positive and speak positive. I am also learning more and more about the law of attraction.
It's still fairly new to me but I understand that it's a process. I am noticing something that throwing me off tho.

Two things that I'm trying to turn around are my finances and love life. But for some reason it seems that all the things that I'm thinking positive about and trying to become a vibrational match to are coming into my life in a negative way.
for example...My financial issues have been a issue for awhile. When I start to get anxious or upset I just remind myself that money is coming. It's on it way. And then maybe a day or two later I get a call from a bill collector that is about to garnish my wages if i don't give them an outrages amount of money in payment! so now not only am I need getting a increase in finances but it gets worse. This has happened to me a few times. why am i attracting worse circumstances into my life instead of better?

Goofie
06-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Hello.. I think faith and feeling has to do with intense manifestation. You have to be sure or better to be convienced that your desire will be manifested and then wait for it to happen feeling sure and feeling grateful before, because you already know it will happen.
Sometimes a belief of subconscious mind act against our own will and it is not very easy to find out what it is. Perhaps you believe that it s going to happen , but you can t believe deeply that it can happen easy or fast for example.
Also we have to act to the direction we want so that the energy can flow..
I ve seen miracles ( and disasters as well !! ) manifesting in front of my eyes. I think faith is very important and difficult too. As I said before is more than faith , I 've experienced it as convinction.
With love..

faith83
06-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Thank You Goofie

I do struggle with the KNOWING, but it is very difficult to get to that place. I have a little more luck with the thought of allowing
When I get into a uncomfortable place I try to listen to Abraham Hicks recordings to bring me back to a good place. I think my desire is so strong that I'm really struggling to remove the fear of not receiving

Goofie
07-06-2012, 08:25 AM
It is difficult to get to the right place and I think it is more difficult to remain there, but the more you try the easier it gets. You see , it is a whole transformation inside that takes place and it s not easy to remove older beliefs that you grew up with. Allowing was easier for me , too . Keep in mind we are always the creators of our worlds, we are responsible for receiving or not receiving. I always look inside and it helps me. Feeling responsible makes me feel strong and safe.
Keep trying and I am sure you will get there where you want.
With love ..

Kaceykat
08-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear about yr financial troubles, I'm working on that issue as well. Could it be perhaps yr wording? You're affirming that money is "on the way" ie it's not here yet, there's a lack. If you were to shift and affirm something like "I have an abundance to take care of all my needs" I wonder if that would help w/ the shift?

I am by no means an expert on this, have only just started, but am doing a lot of reading at the moment and some of the writers do seem to indicate being very literal and explicit with the universe! It fills orders just as written...

faith83
16-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi kacey
thank you for the suggestion. Words are very powerful and that may make a.difference. Im definitely willing to try it that way

fire
17-08-2012, 01:05 AM
I don't think you're necessarily attracting the opposite of what you want, but perhaps creating a noticeable contrast to what is already within you. Because the more you focus on what is wanted, the more you put the unwanted in contrast to it.

As for your struggle with the "knowing" part, that's actually the essential part of the process. But this also suggests to me that you're affected by programming of lack and doubt.

Abraham won't tell you this, but the resistance you feel in the process is the result of emotional charges stored within your soul from past experiences. When you have a thought and focus your attention on it, your soul generates an emotion in response to it. This emotion is energy, and if that energy is not fully processed from direct experience (it's our nature to suppress / look away from pain), it gets stuck within your meridians, according to which energy centre that relates to the specific emotion you felt. And every time the experience repeats itself, the block is further charged. They will tell you that a belief is simply a thought you keep thinking. But the reason you kept thinking that thought is because you actually keep attracting it unto yourself: it resonates with the emotion that was created and stored within you the first time you had the thought; and as you keep charging that emotion unconsciously, the thought becomes a greater part of your reality; and the more you have that thought and feel the emotional response to it, the more affirmed it becomes in your brain (repetition creates neural pathways). This is the basis for most subjects in the lives of human beings.

When it comes to the modality Abraham offers, they are intentionally looking away from this because there is one exception to the process: if you can manage to separate your attention from the soul construct. This is part of the reason why they are eager to let you know about your true nature as a spirit, unlimited from the restrictions of the soul construct that comes with the human body. One's spirit is beyond the concept of emotions; but in our existence as souls, emotions of a high vibration is what most resembles the non-judgemental perspective of our spirits. Thus the idea is that if you transcend the soul construct in favour of being more closely attuned to your spirit, this will put you in a greater state of allowing in the moment, because you will be less attuned to the subconscious mind (which is connected to your suppressed / repressed emotions), and more attuned to the selective experience of your conscious mind.

For many human beings, however, this can be a very difficult adjustment to make, particularly if the karmic record (emotional charges) of your soul construct is very condensed. You will know this is true if you struggle with depression, bipolar behaviour or chronic fatigue, as these are all symptoms of clogged meridians. In this case, a better approach would be to seek healing from those who are able to clear one's karmic record, by addressing the emotions in the system and clear the complete line of layers from all associated experiences. On that note, as one becomes more clear within, the spaces left open will also make more room for allowing what previously could have been blocked.

Charmed Fool
17-08-2012, 03:37 AM
It could possibly be your thought intention causing you troubles. When I say thought intention I mean although you are thinking that (for example) money will be coming to you (key word in coming, not the opposite), in the heart of your soul you believe still in negative thought/energy. It can be a long, hard road to understanding that things will work out positively, especially when the past tries to haunt us. Relax for a moment when you are affirming positive thoughts and energy throughout your being and know, truly, truly know that you will be getting what you need (maybe not what you always want), but without a doubt, what you need. The rest will follow.

she who plays
19-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi faith,

Some great advice here already.

Although this may seem paradoxical, try to remove yourself from desire and wanting. Desire is a tricky thing that can get the better of you. Desire tends to engage the ego, and the focus can quickly shift to what one does not have (Lack). With this, comes worry about the loss/gain of the item.
Go beyond desire. Know that you ARE literally what you desire. You are the unlimited potential. Why would you want..? You are it. Once you understand this, you go beyond worrying and wanting. It just is, and it will happen.

Align with your divine will. Go beyond ego. Do some more work on discovering your self.

Sounds also like you also harbour some negative beliefs towards money, or love. If you don't believe you deserve those things, or have a poor image of the same or opposite sex, then you'll attract that.

MysticalFairy
23-08-2012, 03:58 AM
I read a few years ago that sometimes when we focus on manifesting our desires, we will experience opposite circumstances in order to prepare ourselves for our desires. We are co creators, therefore if we are having financial difficulties, then the universe may show you the areas where you need to improve your financial situation. For some, they may not be spending their money wisely (I'm not saying this is you...just an example). So when they focus on creating financial security, the universe may show them first hand the effects of their unwise spending. Perhaps the universe is just trying to show you the areas that you need to improve before you can reach your desired outcome. Sometimes, we get in our own way. I hope this makes sense. If not, just let me know and I will try to clarify :) Many Blessings and good luck to you!

morning_star222
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I didn't read the other posters comments, so hopefully this hasn't already been repeated. Coming from someone who, too, always expected negativity, I can tell you that you can tell yourself things all you want until you're blue in the face. Telling yourself doesn't do any good ... until you BELIEVE it! I'm going to take a guess and say that you're probably still really anxious about your finances, and about other things. You have to get rid of ALL of your unsure feelings before you see the results you want. Your unsure feelings are manifesting, quite quickly because your whole life you have expected the negative. You create your reality. I too, am just learning this. I would think positive, but somewhere within me I was still expecting the worse. Change your beliefs. Listen to positive affirmations every day, do whatever it takes! You can do this! Here's a good one that is helping me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiu3Mg6-zJw&feature=related