PDA

View Full Version : The Inner Sound Current

Xan
02-10-2010, 04:10 AM
THE INNER SOUND CURRENT

“The knower of the mystery of the Sound knows the mystery of the whole Universe.”

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

Sound is the most primal expression of energy in all forms and in all dimensions.

The universe consists of energy waves or currents or vibrations which we may perceive as sound frequencies. These move from the highest spiritual creative planes, to the lower mental planes, down to the densest material planes.

Just as sound vibrations descend in creation and manifestation of the lower worlds, we may also follow them upward into the higher spiritual dimensions of consciousness.

In spiritual practices - called Shabda or Nada-Yoga or Listening to the Inner Sound Current - one focuses their attention on these non-physical sounds which have spiritually transforming power. Our disturbed and distorted human energies and perceptions gradually become harmonized, aligned and balanced and our consciousness expands.

These non-physical sounds sometimes occur spontaneously during early stages of out-of-body experiences, along with feeling vibrations or seeing light visions. In addition one may listen to the sounds as a meditation practice.

Hearing non-physical sounds is related to the Third Eye, which can see non-physical light and color, and has intuitive sensing beyond the reasoning mind.

Most often we begin by hearing these non-physical sounds in the right ear, so paying attention there assists us in noticing them. They may sound like ringing or buzzing tones, or sounds of nature, or bells, or violins, flutes or horns, or wind, ocean waves or thunder, or rarely the "Om". At advanced levels various sounds and ranges may be heard simultaneously.

Just relax and listen...

An excellent, clearly written book on the subject is "The Ringing Sound" by Erik Gustafson.

Xan

Xan
02-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Inner Sound Meditation

Our attention easily becomes absorbed in sound. This is why we all enjoy listening to music... when the mind is fully concentrated on anything there arises a feeling of inner calm. Inner listening practice gets away from the struggle to stop our excessively thinking mind.

A few years ago I began a daily practice of paying attention in the inner sound current along with my breathing. I found it easily drew me more deeply within, and further yet into the boundless Silence... and my spiritual progress quickened considerably.

As you go on you may begin to feel the sound vibrations subtly in various areas of your body and energy systems, which is a deepening of your awareness.

One spiritual master says...

Sound vibrates within all life and sustains the whole universe. It is all-powerful and all Love.

It is because we are made of this Sound that contact with it brings peace and contentment to our hearts. These inner tones can heal all wounds, fulfill all desires and quench all worldly thirst.

After listening to this Sound for some time our whole being is changed; our entire outlook on life is greatly altered for the better.

blessings,
Xan

Xan
02-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Frequency + Intention = Healing

Intention motivates energy direction. While listening to the nonphysical sound current, or while chanting pure "sacred" sounds and mantras, one's clear intention along with the power of sound frequencies has penetrating effects.

Chanting high frequency sounds such as harmonics or overtones charges the cortex of the brain and stimulates health and wellness. These are found in many shamanic and mystical traditions, particularly Tibetan Buddhism and Mongolian Shamanism. Listening to recordings of these highly skilled chanters can be a transformational practice. Solfeggio tones may have a similar effect.

Many of the sacred rhythms of certain aboriginal cultures employ at their center the beating of the heart which we may entrain and match by hearing and feeling our own heart beat. The poly-rhythmic sounds of the primal music of Native American, African, Balinese and many other cultures can put us into a creative, visionary, 'dreaming true', alpha or theta trance state.

Toning is the practice of allowing one's voice to express fully and spontaneously through a range of non-verbal vowel tones. Through these sounds an extraordinary resonance occurs in the body and brain for physical healing and emotional well-being. When one focuses in becoming one with the tones, the results for elevated consciousness are extraordinary.

Xan

Xan
28-10-2010, 12:15 AM
bringing this up...

DulcePoetica
28-10-2010, 04:49 PM
This is something I have actually been thinking about lately. I feel a great curiosity about what might happen if I began vocalizing during my meditation. I have been learning about the chakras, and many schools of thought associate a musical note with each chakra. Is this tonal association metaphorical, or is there a science behind it?

I'm curious if humming a certain pitch might provide extra support to chakra balancing endeavors.

I'd really like to learn more about it, do you know where I might find more specifics?

Xan
30-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Ah yes, Dulce... There's quite a lot around now about sound healing and energy work. Jonathan Goldman is one to look into, and there are many other books and CD's available on the subject.

Xan

Racer X
01-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I thought it was coming from my engine but my ignition was off.

lol~

Yes.......

The Ringing Sound by Eric Gustafson is a book which those who hear it, should read it.

steph45
01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks have ordered this book off amazon....it as mixed reviews so will read it myself & see what this chap as to say on the subject :rolleyes:

Xan
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Yes Racer... Gustafson's book is excellent.

Steph... The sound and vibrations you experience are non-physical energies within and around us. They are always going on, yet we only begin to notice them as we become more aware in spiritual awakening.

Although understanding is helpful in the beginning - and reading that book will help - the real benefit comes from simply listening to the sounds and feeling the vibrations... with conscious breathing. Since I began this inner listening practice my spiritual progress has sped up, and I keep discovering more subtle spiritual vibrations and feelings.

Here's a simple meditation practice that takes one beyond the chattering mind and into the quietness within: Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3680 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fshowthread.php%253 Ft%253D3680)

Xan

steph45
03-11-2010, 08:06 AM
I came across this book......"The Audible Life Stream"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audible-Life-Stream-Ancient-Secret/dp/1846943299/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288770489&sr=8-1

And this...

http://soundcurrentrider.com/SoundCurrent.html

Miss Hepburn
04-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Too funny.
It's Nov 4, this thread was started Oct 1 and I've just stumbled across it after I told Shabda that I would start a thread on the Divine Sound
Current AND I told him about Eric G's excellent book "The Ringing Sound" !!
Too funny.

It's all because he chose that name, Shabda.

Now, not to rock the boat - you all know that the Divine Sound Current is different than Sat Nam, Sat Naam, the Holy Name ?

There is Divine Harmony, Music of the Spheres, Celestial Music, the Sound Current...
and then there is the the Holy Name of God, Sat Nam, Shabd, Naam or the Word-different -and yet, the same. Ha!
It might be compared to there's God the Father, yet the Holy Spirit - it's probably a needless distinction.
You have the inside of the glass, the outside of the glass - but it's still the same glass.

Then you have the Tao ---ha! :)
There is the Primordial Vibration; is that the Sound Current? Is it different than the Name of God, the Shabd Brahm?
Yes. But all the same glass! Ha!

Then you have Aum, Om -now is that trying to imitate the Word or Naam...
Or is it imitating the Sound Current as best it can?

All more for us to share about ---it's all good!
:smile: Miss Hepburn

Shabda
04-11-2010, 05:10 PM
a wonderful thread~! i like it~!

Xan
04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Now, not to rock the boat - you all know that the Divine Sound Current is different than Sat Nam, Sat Naam, the Holy Name ?

There is Divine Harmony, Music of the Spheres, Celestial Music, the Sound Current...
and then there is the the Holy Name of God, Sat Nam, Shabd, Naam or the Word-different -and yet, the same. Ha!
It might be compared to there's God the Father, yet the Holy Spirit - it's probably a needless distinction.
You have the inside of the glass, the outside of the glass - but it's still the same glass.

Then you have the Tao ---ha! :)
There is the Primordial Vibration; is that the Sound Current? Is it different than the Name of God, the Shabd Brahm?
Yes. But all the same glass! Ha!

Then you have Aum, Om - now is that trying to imitate the Word or Naam...
Or is it imitating the Sound Current as best it can?

All more for us to share about ---it's all good!

ahhh Miss H.... Boat rocking is fine.

In my experience there is quite a range of non-physical sounds, tones and vibrations which I don't attempt to identify but simply listen to and feel them as they come to me. I have heard the wordless Om, and I consider all sounds (and indeed all forms in creation, physical and nonphysical) emanations and variations of the original creative force of pure sound.

I'd like to know how you are distinguishing between the Sound Current and the Divine Sound or Sat Nam, and what benefit you get from the distinction.

Xan

Xan
04-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I am now re-reading a great little book by Jonathan Goldman called "The Roar of Silence". This is about the power of consciously using sound of various kinds (not the inner sounds) particularly one's own voice, for balancing and harmonizing our energies and our brain, for healing and for awakening consciousness.

I recommend it for its clear explanations, meditations and exercises for developing a new, higher level relationship with the power of sound vibrations.

Edit: Oops, my mistake. The book is by Don Campbell. Both Goldman and Campbell are well experienced researchers and teachers in the field of sound energies.

Xan

Xan
17-12-2010, 01:12 AM
bringing this up....

Ciqala
27-12-2010, 12:51 AM
This is amazing... thanks for giving me the link Xan. I am very connected to sounds and music for meditation and everything, but i had no idea about the ringing sounds in my head.
Edit: I will try to embrace the sound waves, but they can become so intense it threatens me, is it normal for them to be that loud, and cause a weird pressure?

Xan
24-01-2011, 05:31 AM
I will try to embrace the sound waves, but they can become so intense it threatens me, is it normal for them to be that loud, and cause a weird pressure?

I'm sorry about the delay in my response, Cigala, but I am away from home these days.

When the sounds are too intense it's because there's resistance or effort or trying in our minds... conscious or unconscious.

I suggest, rather than 'trying to embrace' them simply breathe down in your belly, relax and listen.

Xan

Dar
24-01-2011, 06:46 AM
back when I was a kid I did lsd and I would hear strange noises , like synthesizers and cicadas , but I never thought much about it , I just assumed that it was part of the hallucinatory experience . Since I was not very evolved at 14 , I didn't get the full, in-your-face , cosmic baptism that happens to some with those drugs . But I did start my path , with a Krishna book, and then a guru from India. One of the techniques he taught was to listen to the inner sounds , and I immediately knew what those sounds I heard on drugs were, or at least I knew that I had been opened up to hearing them, because hear them I did.

I've talked about this elsewhere, so I may be brief here, but I have to say that these sounds are as vital to me as just about anything. Since I did the guru thing almost 40 years ago, the sound has gotten to the point that some ring tones (yuk yuk ) are audible all the time, and rather loud if it's quiet. But there are many more sounds than just tones. There are winds and waters and a whole universe of tones, timbres , frequencies, resonances . It is, in a word, limitless. In a post in the Dream section here, I wrote a little bit about a dream where , as I was falling asleep, I was pulled into a mighty , practically explosive , current of sound energy , and I have other such times where the sound is not just sound , but fully immersive energy .

I should also mention our later work with channeled ET walk-ins, who introduced us to 'toning' , which is vocalizing focused bursts of sound . I have had many dreams where the toning and the sounds I'm hearing are all intertwined in energy. This was in the early 90's , and they helped wean me off of the guru cult and away from all external authorities and groups (in spiritual matters). That was very important (tangent...) , and around then is when I started having transcendent dreams , with inner sounds being involved ).So listening to small sounds when you plug your ears or lie down (or whatever) while it's quiet, is just the beginning .

Particularly enjoyable is that brief threshold before sleep, or if one is good at mind control with meditation (not exactly my specialty ) . Sometimes I can listen and hear a tone that's far off at first, then it zooms up and resonates and feeds back on itself and others , and grows louder and louder... impossible to describe , and no earthly music or sound can duplicate the effect.

That's what it leads us to , that these sounds are vibrating on a more subtle level than common sound waves vibrating the air, and our eardrums in turn , being translated by our brains to sound. These sounds are the original vibrations, while all earthly sounds are a kind of lower-level representation .
"As above , so below", the saying goes ; the Hermetic Principle of Correspondence (but that's a whole other section). Point being that we live in multidimensional overlap , and the sounds (for me) are a direct , always-open doorway to other parts of my existence . Jeez, I always have a hard time not going off on tangents ! (^8. I could go on and on, but don't have time right now .

Later,

Dar

Starbuck
24-01-2011, 07:38 AM
I've been experiencing buzzing, whistling and hissing for the last few weeks but lately it's starting to turn into muffled voices amidst white noise.

I think perhaps I started hearing the sound current but now I'm tuning into those in spirit or the astral?

Very interesting anyhow. I will have to look out for that book.

Miss Hepburn
24-01-2011, 04:36 PM
In my experience there is quite a range of non-physical sounds, tones and vibrations which I don't attempt to identify but simply listen to and feel them as they come to me. I have heard the wordless Om, and I consider all sounds (and indeed all forms in creation, physical and nonphysical) emanations and variations of the original creative force of pure sound. Me, too.

I'd like to know how you are distinguishing between the Sound Current and the Divine Sound or Sat Nam, and what benefit you get from the distinction.
Xan
I'm sorry Xan, I must have missed this post of yours!

Gee, the Sat Nam or Naam or the Word compared to the wordless Om - and then let's not forget the Light!!! Kind of are all the same - like merging
into each other! (Kinda like the concept of the Trinity maybe, LOL)
The Om vibration that is the power or motor behind the breath - like a purring in the body --- merges with the Sound Current or Ringing Sound or
Music of the Spheres (as in Eric Gustafson's book "The Ringing Sound) and is also part of the Light ...go figure.
:smile:

All, the best way I could describe my experience, only.
I'm no authority and anyone's experience of it all I respect and learn from.
Nice talking w/ you again Xan - I haven't bumped into you lately.

Shabda
24-01-2011, 05:39 PM
there is the Dhunatmik, the original Divine Sound, that which emnates from the Godhead, and there is the Varnatmik which exists on the lower planes, which is an echo of the Original Sound....the Varnatmik may be spoken, the Dhunatmik may not...higher and lower sounds, but all issuing from the same place, the same source, and all can lead one to their true home...

Miss Hepburn
24-01-2011, 06:41 PM
there is the Dhunatmik, the original Divine Sound, that which emnates from the Godhead, and there is the Varnatmik which exists on the lower planes, which is an echo of the Original Sound....the Varnatmik may be spoken, the Dhunatmik may not...higher and lower sounds, but all issuing from the same place, the same source, and all can lead one to their true home...
Interesting, Shabda. :smile:

Shabda
24-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Interesting, Shabda. :smile:
the Original "Word" is sometimes called the Shabda Dhun~! :D

Miss Hepburn
24-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I call it my life jacket.

http://www.atomdoers.org/Dhun-About.html (http://www.atomdoers.org/Dhun-About.html)

Shabda
24-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I call it my life jacket.

http://www.atomdoers.org/Dhun-About.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atomdoers.org%2FDh un-About.html)

ahhh Dhunami...

Xan
25-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Shabda: there is the Dhunatmik, the original Divine Sound, that which emnates from the Godhead, and there is the Varnatmik which exists on the lower planes, which is an echo of the Original Sound....the Varnatmik may be spoken, the Dhunatmik may not...higher and lower sounds, but all issuing from the same place, the same source, and all can lead one to their true home...

This is good information, Shabda. Thank you.

Of course the practice is simply to listen to whatever sounds show up for you, although some say that listening more to higher tones raises consciousness faster.

Xan

Shabda
25-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Shabda: there is the Dhunatmik, the original Divine Sound, that which emnates from the Godhead, and there is the Varnatmik which exists on the lower planes, which is an echo of the Original Sound....the Varnatmik may be spoken, the Dhunatmik may not...higher and lower sounds, but all issuing from the same place, the same source, and all can lead one to their true home...

This is good information, Shabda. Thank you.

Of course the practice is simply to listen to whatever sounds show up for you, although some say that listening more to higher tones raises consciousness faster.

Xan
yes there is no prejudice between one sound or another, any part of this Sound Current will take one higher up and further in...

chinu
29-01-2011, 10:06 AM

Its Ok shabda ji, Am agreed, infact hearing this dhunatmik "Word" or "Anahad" or "Nida" or "Bange asmani" or "Naam" or "Shabd" or "Voice of silence" etc... is one and the only way to Salvation.

But coming strait to the point, Do you hear anything inside ? :smile:

_/\_
Chinu

Shabda
29-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Its Ok shabda ji, Am agreed, infact hearing this dhunatmik "Word" or "Anahad" or "Nida" or "Bange asmani" or "Naam" or "Shabd" or "Voice of silence" etc... is one and the only way to Salvation.

_/\_
Chinu
yes..........

Miss Hepburn
29-01-2011, 07:56 PM

_/\_
Chinu
I know this is between you 2 -but as I said yesterday on a similar thread on silence --I never have silence - not in a sound proof room .....with earplugs ---I'll even add with those headphone mufflers on top.

There are always layers and layers of harmonies. When focused on for an amount of time - those harmonies can lead to so many things ----my God, whole melodies on any instrument!
I've actually played a sweet acoustic melody on a guitar -exactly how I heard it inside -after 45 minutes of listening and it unfolding within me.

O, the stories I could tell about music inside. Bassoons like freight cars ... gardens opening - meeting friends ... then months later (in a different city) them saying as we are embracing hello---"We often meet in the garden..." Acknowledging - it was not my imagination.

There is an inner world I wish all were more privvy to.

Hi Shabda. :hug:
:love9:

Xan
02-02-2011, 08:49 AM
All sound takes place within the infinite silence.. the stillness. With a slight shift in awareness you can hear the sound and the silence beyond it together.

Like they say, it's the space between the notes that makes music. It's the silent context of non-physical sounds that causes them to arise.

Xan

Xan
02-02-2011, 08:52 AM
...Am agreed, infact hearing this dhunatmik "Word" or "Anahad" or "Nida" or "Bange asmani" or "Naam" or "Shabd" or "Voice of silence" etc... is one and the only way to Salvation. Chinu

Yes... many names for one primal expression of existence.

But "the only way"? Surely you are joking, Chinu.

Xan

Miss Hepburn
02-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Chinu, I understand your enthusiasm - I see it like a child with chocolate
ice cream saying, "This is IT! Chocolate is the only way to go!"
But, as an adult talking about salvatioin - it is a polarizing statement.
Meaning you push more people away than inspire them which I know is your intent.

Salvation is a touchy word also.
There is the Christian concept of sin, The Fall of Man, thus the need to saved,
or the Buddhist idea of being "saved" from suffering.

Btw, I agree with you in part - once you have experienced the Word or Naam
it is a Spoke to the Center - but not the only Spoke.

I'd say in your statement we have "only" as an issue and also "Salvation".

Would you reconsider?

Shabda
21-03-2011, 11:08 PM
ive been told by a member here that the Sound is only a mental mechanism, doe anyone agree? i ask only because the soul has an eye and an ear, the mind is not required to perceive a sound, it only springs into action from a sight or a sound, imho...

Miss Hepburn
22-03-2011, 02:14 AM
ive been told by a member here that the Sound is only a mental mechanism, doe anyone agree? i ask only because the soul has an eye and an ear, the mind is not required to perceive a sound, it only springs into action from a sight or a sound, imho...
A mental mechanism?
No, that would not be my personal experience.
It simply "is".

And just like a clock ticking on a wall - we can be in that room 8 hours
and never hear it -
then when someone points it out, it comes into focus and
something in us recognizes it was there all along.

If that helps.shrug.

Xan
22-03-2011, 05:14 AM

Since the mental function is only a memory mechanism these non-physical sounds cannot be only in the mind. These are "unstruck sounds" that arise unexpectedly and do not imitate physical sounds except by our mental associations with what they sound "like". They are heard through our spiritual senses just as inner light is seen and joy for-no-reason is felt.

Xan

Shabda
22-03-2011, 05:25 AM
IMO you both are right, ive been beyond my mind and heard the Sound...It didnt appear to need mind to originate, and i didnt need mind to hear It, but It was there just the same...

God-Like
22-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi Shabda

I would say that the sound current Is present within and beyond mind . If we concentrate on the eye center In meditation within this focus over time we filter out the so called noise from the sound .

The sound draws our soul back home so to speak (that's when we release our soul from mind) to what we are beyond mind .

x daz x

Xan
22-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes for sure, daz. We can tell where something comes from by where it takes us. Whatever comes from the mind generates more mind activity. The inner sound current takes us into the subtle realms of spirit.

Xan

Capacity
22-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi Xan! It's been a while.
Just wanted to say hello...................
Much love, James

Internal Queries
22-03-2011, 12:57 PM
i used to hear "ring tones" then i answered the phone. now i hold conversations with my Selves. different tones = different self aspects. if i have a particularly good connection i also get inner videos though, aside from work models, usually the videos aren't very interesting. just quick Utubes of the external lives of my other aspect selves. now and then we share "The Vision" (complete with awesome audio) which it's always the same and always breathtakingly in The Now.

chinu
22-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes... many names for one primal expression of existence.

But "the only way"? Surely you are joking, Chinu.

Xan Joking ? you can say so...:icon_frown:

_/\_Chinu

chinu
22-03-2011, 01:39 PM
:smile: Chinu, I understand your enthusiasm - I see it like a child with chocolate
ice cream saying, "This is IT! Chocolate is the only way to go!"
But, as an adult talking about salvatioin - it is a polarizing statement.
Meaning you push more people away than inspire them which I know is your intent.

Salvation is a touchy word also.
There is the Christian concept of sin, The Fall of Man, thus the need to saved,
or the Buddhist idea of being "saved" from suffering.

Btw, I agree with you in part - once you have experienced the Word or Naam
it is a Spoke to the Center - but not the only Spoke.

I'd say in your statement we have "only" as an issue and also "Salvation".

Would you reconsider?

:smile: Nothing, Only icecream falavour,

Miss hepburn, you are my sister and sisters can say anything, isn't it ? tell me..:smile:

Well, this small brother says that this "Sound Current" has stages, the more we concentrate the more we get results, the more we get results the more we are staisfied.

_/\_ Chinu

Miss Hepburn
22-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Much love, James
Me, too, Xan.

Miss Hepburn
22-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Well, this small brother says that this "Sound Current" has stages,
the more we concentrate the more we get results, the
more we get results the more we are staisfied.
_/\_ Chinu
You can say that again.

May I recommend a book to all here, "Naam or Word".
Here is a sample of one random chapter - apparently it's all on line!

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/naam/naam_shabd3.htm#whatitdoes (http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/naam/naam_shabd3.htm#whatitdoes)

:hug: Miss Hepburn

Shabda
22-03-2011, 07:10 PM
You can say that again.

May I recommend a book to all here, "Naam or Word".
Here is a sample of one random chapter - apparently it's all on line!

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/naam/naam_shabd3.htm#whatitdoes (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ruhanisatsangusa.o rg%2Fnaam%2Fnaam_shabd3.htm%23whatitdoes)

:hug: Miss Hepburn
and even more on the subject here:
http://rsfaith.org/radhasoami-faith-media/english-book-index/englishbookindex

Orbie
22-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Bear with me on this :) Having tinnitus you spend most of you time just living with it and kinda blocking it out. The last thing you want to do is concentrate on it or listen around/through/over it believe me it would drive you nuts! I think the its when the sound hits your heart, thats when you should listen.

Shabda
22-03-2011, 10:49 PM
the Sound current isnt at all like tinnitus though...

Xan
23-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Much love, James

MissH: Me, too, Xan.

Hi James and Miss H.... A sweet "Hello" right back to you....

Xan

Xan
23-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Well, this small brother says that this "Sound Current" has stages, the more we concentrate the more we get results, the more we get results the more we are staisfied.

_/\_ Chinu

Yes, for sure. As I continue my inner sound listening practice the more awakening deepens and the more transformation goes on.

Xan

Xan
23-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Bear with me on this :) Having tinnitus you spend most of you time just living with it and kinda blocking it out. The last thing you want to do is concentrate on it or listen around/through/over it believe me it would drive you nuts! I think the its when the sound hits your heart, thats when you should listen.

Orbie... It may be you have tinnitus, or it may be that you have been diagnosed for it by the medical profession which doesn't know of the inner sound.

Either way, resisting anything will make it more intense and worse.

Until we learn to listen openly it won't reach the heart in our awareness. The sound and subtle vibration is already there and we merely notice it through allowing and listening, wherever and however we experience it.

Xan

tragblack
23-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Toning is the practice of allowing one's voice to express fully and spontaneously through a range of non-verbal vowel tones. Through these sounds an extraordinary resonance occurs in the body and brain for physical healing and emotional well-being. When one focuses in becoming one with the tones, the results for elevated consciousness are extraordinary.

I used to do this at work-- at the time, I figured it was the only way to pray. I figured, "You know what I'm trying to say and feel and get better than I do right now, God/ Universe, so I'm just going to hum notes at you." It does feel good.

I should also mention our later work with channeled ET walk-ins, who introduced us to 'toning' , which is vocalizing focused bursts of sound . I have had many dreams where the toning and the sounds I'm hearing are all intertwined in energy. This was in the early 90's , and they helped wean me off of the guru cult and away from all external authorities and groups (in spiritual matters). That was very important (tangent...)

It is a very personal and unique thing. It feels very binding.

Particularly enjoyable is that brief threshold before sleep, or if one is good at mind control with meditation (not exactly my specialty ) .

I'm trying to get better at this using Phasing.

Orbie
23-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Orbie... It may be you have tinnitus, or it may be that you have been diagnosed for it by the medical profession which doesn't know of the inner sound.

Either way, resisting anything will make it more intense and worse.

Until we learn to listen openly it won't reach the heart in our awareness. The sound and subtle vibration is already there and we merely notice it through allowing and listening, wherever and however we experience it.

Xan

Hi Xan

I do have tinnitus and am very hard of hearing too. I dont resist it, I meditate and find that helpful. Just sharing my experience that for those with tinnitus listening to it wont help it will make it worse. Perhaps ignoring it is my way of getting beyond it. I say this will no disrespect to the the advice you offer :)

Miss Hepburn
23-03-2011, 10:24 AM
and even more on the subject here:
http://rsfaith.org/radhasoami-faith-media/english-book-index/englishbookindex
Wow, alot of info in pdf form ----what a find.

Gem
23-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi Xan

I do have tinnitus and am very hard of hearing too. I dont resist it, I meditate and find that helpful. Just sharing my experience that for those with tinnitus listening to it wont help it will make it worse. Perhaps ignoring it is my way of getting beyond it. I say this will no disrespect to the the advice you offer :)

Yes well, I was going to say that when a loud noise persists in the ear to the degree that a noisy street is preferable to a quiet park then there probably is something weird going on in the inner ear.

My friend used to have the radio going all the time, and pretty loudly too, so I asked why his radio was always so damn loud, and he said it's cos he has a loud sound in his ears. He got it surfing when a wave crached hard into the side of his head, his ear started ringing and just didn't stop.

For most people if they listen for it they'll find a quiet sound which is there continuously, and they may direct their attention on that sound... when the mind settles on that sound the listener notices more and more complexity in it and it becomes quite the amazing thing.

Orbie
23-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I think my problem is I'm envious of thos who can find the quiet place! :D I find my hearing aids dont mask the tinnitus as it does for some and I prefer quiet not noise as it increases the tinnitus. Always said if someone wants to get through to me they are going to need neon signs and a loudddd speaker!!:D

Gem
23-03-2011, 12:49 PM
I think my problem is I'm envious of thos who can find the quiet place! :D I find my hearing aids dont mask the tinnitus as it does for some and I prefer quiet not noise as it increases the tinnitus. Always said if someone wants to get through to me they are going to need neon signs and a loudddd speaker!!:D

Oh yeah? So yours is better without noise...

The quiet place... I think one is best served by the meditation practice... There are three primary things which occur with no effort at all on your part: The sound in your head, the darkness in front of you (eyes closed) and sensations in the body.

It sounds to me that the the sound in your head is not your preferred option, leaving two.

Personally I only advise the breath meditation,... as I wrote in the begin meditating thread, because I only talk about the first step, where to start, and it is the simplest, so people find it easy and notice it working in the first ten minutes they practice.... and it's useful in daily life's emotions etc.

chinu
23-03-2011, 01:37 PM
You can say that again.
[:smile:]
_/\_
Chinu

Shabda
23-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Wow, alot of info in pdf form ----what a find.
:smile: if you liked the Radhasoami texts, you may like this one too, an early Christian text that was found and translated, and it too speaks of the Light and Sound of God, a subject that was all but left out of the Bible with the exception of Acts 2:2...
http://www.essene.com/GospelOfPeace/peace4.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.essene.com%2FGospe lOfPeace%2Fpeace4.html)
The Essene Gospel Of Peace
Book Four
The Teachings of the Elect
The Original Hebrew and Aramaic Texts
Translated and edited by
EDMOND BORDEAUX SZEKELY
MCMLXXXI
INTERNATIONAL BIOGENIC SOCIETY
Book Design by Golondrina Graohics
Copyright @ 1981, by the Internation, Blogenic Society
Printed In the United States of America-All Rights Reserved

Miss Hepburn
23-03-2011, 04:39 PM
...it too speaks of the Light and Sound of God, a subject that was all but left out of the Bible with the exception of Acts 2:2...

You know there is a list of many references in the Old and New Testaments, actually.
Now where is that list? Oh yes, I saw it once and clicked it off the screen.

The sound of rushing waters, yes, the rushing mighty wind of Acts 2:2, if thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light Luke 11:36 KJV only, the light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world, and his voice is the sound of many waters Rev 1:15, the trumpet shall sound (a biggy for me as a child),
(Lots of trumpet references w/ angels all over), Ps 89:15 is cool bcause it speaks of his sounds and also the light of his countenance - you know the face of God that Jacob saw and still survived and called the place Penuel -ie, pinial gland - Gen 32:30...

Too many to list!!!! :smile:

Shabda
23-03-2011, 05:13 PM
You know there is a list of many references in the Old and New Testaments, actually.
Now where is that list? Oh yes, I saw it once and clicked it off the screen.

The sound of rushing waters, yes, the rushing mighty wind of Acts 2:2, if thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light Luke 11:36 KJV only, the light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world, and his voice is the sound of many waters Rev 1:15, the trumpet shall sound (a biggy for me as a child),
(Lots of trumpet references w/ angels all over), Ps 89:15 is cool bcause it speaks of his sounds and also the light of his countenance - you know the face of God that Jacob saw and still survived and called the place Penuel -ie, pinial gland - Gen 32:30...

Too many to list!!!! :smile:ah yes the trumpet, i wrote a song about that once upon a time...

Capacity
23-03-2011, 05:17 PM
A must see, related to sound, is the movie 'August Rush'
Great movie!

Neville
23-03-2011, 05:21 PM
A must see, related to sound, is the movie 'August Rush'
Great movie!

Very much agreed:smile:

Xan
24-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Gem: Yes well, I was going to say that when a loud noise persists in the ear to the degree that a noisy street is preferable to a quiet park then there probably is something weird going on in the inner ear.

Thanks, Gem. I'm glad to know this sign that it's probably tinnitus.

Xan

Xan
24-03-2011, 07:59 AM
I think my problem is I'm envious of thos who can find the quiet place! :D I find my hearing aids dont mask the tinnitus as it does for some and I prefer quiet not noise as it increases the tinnitus.
Orbie... Not having experienced tinnitus but only the chattering mind I appreciate the difficulty and discomfort it gives you.

All I can to you is, the inner quiet is non-physical. This means it's here now even while the noisy world outside and inside your body goes on.

One approach is to breathe in your belly for a while and notice that your thoughts slow down. Then notice the subtle open empty space that is within and all around you, beyond the body-mind. Even with noise in your ear you can be aware in the stillness.

Xan

Orbie
24-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi Xan, thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I do as well! As usual I dont see what is infront of me:redface: I find meditation using the belly breating is a great cool down, slows everything down.

I find it hard to describe the tinnitus sometimes and as noise exacerbates it, a quieter sometime proves hard for me as it goes against my inner party girl!!:D

Thanks again for the support :hug3:

Miss Hepburn
24-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Xan dear,
I thought you would like to subscribe to this daily inspiration - here's an example.

Inspirational QuotesFrom www.thevoiceforlove.com (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.thevo iceforlove.com)

"When you quiet your mind,
you create an invitation to God to join with you."

Xan
25-03-2011, 05:19 AM
Xan dear,
I thought you would like to subscribe to this daily inspiration - here's an example.

Inspirational QuotesFrom www.thevoiceforlove.com (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fredir.php%25253Flink%25253Dhttp %25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.thevoiceforlove.com)

"When you quiet your mind,
you create an invitation to God to join with you."

Thanks for the link, Sweety. Here's another pretty-much-daily quotes forum and newsletter - Nonduality Highlights: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NDhighlights/ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fgroups.yahoo.com%2Fgro up%2FNDhighlights%2F)

Xan

Xan
27-04-2011, 04:19 AM
bringing this up...

Xan
17-05-2011, 04:49 AM
bringing this up....

Xan
27-05-2011, 03:34 AM
bringing this up....

Xan
07-06-2011, 02:32 AM
bringing this up....

Shabda
07-06-2011, 03:22 AM
It being brought up, makes me Listen to It sing~!

Xan
12-06-2011, 04:29 AM
bringing this up....

chinu
15-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote: " Nanak Naam jahaj hai, jo chare so utro paar hai " - #GGS

English: " O nanak!!!, "Word" is the rocket, the one who boards this rocket ... sails over the sea of illusion "

_/\_
Chinu

astroboy
15-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Jahaj means ship, not rocket, Chinu.

Jeff4freedom
15-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Good to see this Post. Listening to "the Sound" is also part of what used to be called Kriya Yoga. I do small carvings and inlays of various things made in to jewelry etc for a living. When we're at Market folks ask me what the OM symbol means, and the shortest explanation I've come up with is that it's the sound of Everything all together at one..You can't say it's the sound of God.... too much weird **** attached to that word for most folks....including myself (that's why I tend to use it as much as I do, trying to stand up to my own ****) he he . When I was younger this meditation upon the Sound (along with it's counterpart, meditation upon the Light) was the first method my Teachers gave me in this Life..... Very very effective. Then they went on to show me maybe 2o or 30 other methods that also had the same end result (union with The Light, or SPIRIT) . They wanted to show me the 7 primary paths of meditation, and sub paths so I could eventually teach folks the paths that were the best for them. That was over 30 years ago and a lot has changed in the Cosmos...The Quickening as they are calling it has changed many things. I used to consider which of the Seven Rays a persons Soul...and Personality were operating on, to be able to suggest a meditation that would work best for them.... But as I say, things have changed. And I've come to a new Conclusion. Every technique has eventually the same goal, which is Oneness with Source, with the Light... (Not Light as opposed to Darkness....Light that encompasses everything)....anyway my conclusion is this.. Many of us here have spent centuries following this Path we're on.... Our eyes glued to the road we were treading, we've basically been obsessed with our paths, and over that time we've traveled probably most or all of the 7 Rays. Now it occurred to me that all the hundreds or maybe thousands of techniques (Paths) that we can use to reach the same destination.... are kind of Old News. If the Goal is the Light/ Sound.... which it is, then why not follow a course of meditation where that is the focus. I mean certainly there is merit to following whatever path our soul is currently traveling...I personally am on the 4th Ray..( Harmony through Conflict).. Not really a lot of freakin fun.... And although one's like the 5th (Concrete Science) is really a blast, as is the 7th (Ceremonial Magic)....... I have come to feel that, why diddle around, just go to the Source.... Focus on the Sound/Light.... In all the various styles I was taught, that really seemed the most straight forward. Plus attaining ability with that can make the death experience a lot more ..... powerful, as well as any jaunts upon the astral plane where the most benefit is derived from not hanging about, but passing through into the Light which appears on the other side...
The Sound and the Light are the same thing, only perceived in a different way....both lead to the same place, so for those who tend to be more visual, the Light is probably beast, for those who are more auditory, the Sound is probably best.

I think the best source of information into this style is "the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali), sometimes called the Father of Yoga, and possibly a teacher of Jesus. If you can get older translations you are probably better off..... to much glamour and illusion seems to be connected with the "Newage" movement, and so many are just in it for the money.... But if you can handle the Language ...Alice Bailey in the 30's channeled a teacher of mine who Translated it..... If the language of that is difficult there was a book written back in the 60's or 70's, I'm sure it's out of print, It was Called, This is Reality, by Roy Eugene Davis.... I think he was a student of Paramahansa Yogananda......
That translation was written in this time with language much more easy for most folks to digest......

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is also called the "Science of Union"...and the beauty of it, over most of what you see today which is just regurged info....is...... how do I explain....... Everything is built by a certain pattern in a certain order.... humans included. The path to Union is basically tearing down the prison we created for ourselves in the first part of our evolution. The best way, the only really viable way to tear down the prison, is in the opposite order that it was built..... that way there is a coherent flow to it. The yoga Sutras are so perfect in that they understood that order and the Teachings are arranged in the proper order to give the most benefit. There is so much Power in that, compared to just picking this point and that in a haphazard fashion, which most of the New Age stuff I've seen does.
Anyway keep it up, I think it's, for this day and age...... a superior technique.

Xan
15-06-2011, 11:54 PM
I have come to feel that, why diddle around, just go to the Source.... Focus on the Sound/Light....

Well said, Jeff.

Xan

Jeff4freedom
16-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Thanks Xan, I'll tell you something funny.
Like I mentioned I think in this thread my Teachers, after showing me the Meditation on Light and sound.... showed me many dozens of other methods.... and they ended at the same place of course. They had this rule of 3, that basically I was not to do any of the methods more than 3 times, because it would become a "habit" and I would tend to gravitate in that direction, making it much more difficult to learn new techniques.... Well naturally I didn't listen...... Now I don't know if my Teachers were somehow responsible for this, but every single thing they showed me....was just so easy for me. Walkin through walls, travelling through water, manifesting things, and dispersing the atoms of things to make them appear to disappear..... all sorts of wild and crazy stuff.... most of the crazy stuff my own ides based on lessons I'd learned. I followed all these different Paths to the Light..... It was really amazing..... But like I say I cheated.....
Well I came to have a ....major life event, where for "love" I made a choice on the astral plane to do something my Teachers told me not to do.... and really screwed things up. I call it my Humpty Dumpty episode. It's a long story and I'll probably end up sharing it later.... but basically it drastically de-evolved me. Basically from what I call my Constructs shedded skin, I re absorbed a lot of **** I had dropped..... The thing is, us humans ...um, we form in a very specific order, I mean we are built upon our lessons in a certain natural order..... When I collected back the old pieces of myself I wasn't aware of this, so it was all jumbled up.... EVERYTHING CHANGED in that moment. I became Painfully Psychic. I could feel, hear...folks for about I figured a square mile around me... I would experience their infirmities, their emotions and their thoughts... I lived in an apartment in the middle of a city with my wife.... Not only was I painfully psychic now, I kept going into the Light.... without making any attempt.... I was a lineman then, I'd Flash into the Light on the top of telephone poles..... then at one point I couldn't seem to stay out of the Light.
So well, I had to quit my job, my new wife and I moved into a VW bus and headed as far from humans as we could get... I was able to heal folks, if there was just one of them in my camp..... I'd basically ....encompass whatever their "problem"....usually start convulsing.... then my only option for salvation was to go into the Light... When I came back...they were healed, Pretty cool.... but it was very hard core for me...Jeeze, I'm really digressing. Well I figured out a way to sort of Maintain..... very damaging to me in the long run as I knew it would be, but I had to function....
Anyway the point I was going to make was I found out why the rule of three...
Every time I'd decide to sit down and meditate I'd start out doing say Kriya..... then as soon as I got to a point I came to call "God's doorstep" which was that point where you finally let go to the Light.... I'd be drawn to do some other technique.... yoga of the Psychic heat was cool, ... and basically I'd go through the whole repertoire of styles I'd been taught....but as soon as I got to God's doorstep.... I'd shift to another.... It was like some kind of Hell Realm .

So now.... no more fancy stuff.... stickin to the Basics, which i believe is Yoga of the Sound and Light......

astroboy
16-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Can anyone here help me figure this out?

ਵਾਜੇ ਪੰਚ ਸਬਦ ਤਿਤੁ ਘਰਿ ਸਭਾਗੈ ॥
The Panch Shabad, the five primal sounds, vibrate in that blessed house.

ਘਰਿ ਸਭਾਗੈ ਸਬਦ ਵਾਜੇ ਕਲਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਘਰਿ ਧਾਰੀਆ ॥
In that blessed house, the Shabad vibrates; He infuses His almighty power into it.
(Page 917 SGGS)

chinu
16-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Can anyone here help me figure this out?

ਵਾਜੇ ਪੰਚ ਸਬਦ ਤਿਤੁ ਘਰਿ ਸਭਾਗੈ ॥
The Panch Shabad, the five primal sounds, vibrate in that blessed house.

ਘਰਿ ਸਭਾਗੈ ਸਬਦ ਵਾਜੇ ਕਲਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਘਰਿ ਧਾਰੀਆ ॥
In that blessed house, the Shabad vibrates; He infuses His almighty power into it.
(Page 917 SGGS)

House means the body, or the human-body
Mean to say that, blessed is that body in which firstly this type of sound occur.

Panch shabad is also known as "Anahad-shabad" or "Bange-aasmani" in muslims.

But this "Anahad-shabad" is not the pure state of "divine sound" {NAAM} this "Anahad-shabad" is the mixture of five sounds which occures from five elements. So...when this pure "Naam" (divine-sound) passes from five REGIONS created by these five elements it turnes into "Panch-shabad" or "Anahad-Shabad".

:smile: Nevertheless, ... As this "Panch-shabad" points the sign of real begaining or internal begaining or a real spiritual begaining for one, so here "Nanak" says that;

Ahhh!! blessed are Those.... :smile:

_/\_
Chinu

astroboy
16-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks Chinu, for your explanation. I was under the impression that Panch Shabad means Orchestra or Pancharaga. Although in Sri Granth there are more examples given. The translations sometimes cannot be relied upon as the translator may or may not have practical experience.

Xan
16-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks Xan, I'll tell you something funny.
Like I mentioned I think in this thread my Teachers... had this rule of 3,

every single thing they showed me....was just so easy for me. Walkin through walls, travelling through water, manifesting things, and dispersing the atoms of things to make them appear to disappear..... all sorts of wild and crazy stuff....

Well I came to have a ....major life event, where for "love" I made a choice on the astral plane to do something my Teachers told me not to do.... and really screwed things up.

When I collected back the old pieces of myself I wasn't aware of this, so it was all jumbled up.... EVERYTHING CHANGED in that moment. I became Painfully Psychic. I could feel, hear...folks for about I figured a square mile around me... I would experience their infirmities, their emotions and their thoughts... then at one point I couldn't seem to stay out of the Light.

I was able to heal folks, if there was just one of them in my camp..... I'd basically ....encompass whatever their "problem"....usually start convulsing.... then my only option for salvation was to go into the Light... When I came back...they were healed,

as soon as I got to a point I came to call "God's doorstep" which was that point where you finally let go to the Light.... I'd shift to another.... It was like some kind of Hell Realm .

So now.... no more fancy stuff.... stickin to the Basics, which i believe is Yoga of the Sound and Light......

Yours is an amazing story, Jeff. Thank you for sharing it.

I agree completely in doing what our teachers - those above - suggest as it always works out best, whereas our own ideas tend to keep us wandering around in the mind or in some exotic worlds.

My own progress became steady after I began listening to the inner sounds some years ago. In fact, my rule of 3 is to simultaneously breathe within, feel the subtle light energies and love that are always moving in and around us, and listen to the sounds.

blessings
Xan

Jeff4freedom
16-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Hey Xan..... Your rule of 3 sound like a good one.... A funny thing about listening to the Teachers... My wife and I were just talking about this last night.... I am a hard headed Aries, and I don't believe anything anybody tells me till I experience it for myself..... So I don't make the best student because they tell me not to do something, and it's the first freakin thing I do... (Hmm, I wonder if they are using that)...Anyway my Not Listening has cost me years and years of Troubles....pretty much drastically changed the course of my life...and just about anyone observing would say it wasn't for the better... BUT here's the thing. Most of what I have to offer in places like this where folks have questions about things like astral projecting, various types of meditation etc..... comes from when I didn't listen and learned a herd lesson... It seems most folks are better than me because there does not seem to be general understanding of a lot of what can occur when you break major rules.... And it's funny, I feel like that's really what I have to offer..... but if it was me....listening to me..... I wouldn't..... It's like being a Dad and not wanting my kid to make the same mistakes so I tell him what not to do, but I only know that because I did it, and the same for him... kinda catch 22....
gotta go...

Xan
17-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Jeff... I have two thoughts about this:

The Teachers know quite well that you're a contrarian, eh?

We do learn and grow the most from challenges. At your level of consciousness you might have had it too easy.

Xan

Miss Hepburn
17-06-2011, 12:28 AM
I have come to feel that, why diddle around, just go to the Source.... Focus on the Sound/Light....

Well said, Jeff.
Xan

I also call that the Donald Trump Method - 'go to the top'. :D
Interesting life Jeff, glad youre here.
I agree Light and Sound - the Sound and Light connection I describe as -let's say you had
a flourescent light on a dimmer switch ----you can hear and see it as it dims and gets brighter or higher pitched...one and the same ...yet...differently perceived.

Xan
17-06-2011, 12:40 AM
astroboy... I found this about Panch Shabad:

btw... "panch" means five in Hindi/Sanskrit.

The audible Sound Current is in fact only one continuous creative life-principle which, emanating from the Immaculately Pure One, steps down from plane to plane for the purpose of creating five regions below: pure conscious, great causal, causal, subtle and physical, and as It passes through varying degrees of density, peculiar at each place, It acquires a distinctive sound and hence has come to be known as Music of the five melodies or Sounds.

Lots more on shabda here: http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/naam/naam_shabd5.htm (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .ruhanisatsangusa.org%252Fnaam%252Fnaam_shabd5.htm )

Xan

astroboy
17-06-2011, 09:56 AM
astroboy... I found this about Panch Shabad:

btw... "panch" means five in Hindi/Sanskrit.

[/I]
Lots more on shabda here: http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/naam/naam_shabd5.htm (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .ruhanisatsangusa.org%252Fnaam%252Fnaam_shabd5.htm )

Xan

Great resource, Xan.
From your quote, here is what is written below it:-

There are two distinct sounds up to Trikuti and two more are added up to Sach Khand and the fifth sound is that of Sat Lok. In Sat Lok, all the five melodies are completed in their fullness and richness. The mystery of the Sound Principle is revealed by some Sound-incarnate Master and it is by practice of and communion with the five melodies that the soul is gradually led to the Lord of the five-tuned Music.

Xan and others,
All I hear is the high pitch cricket sound 24/7 and at times it feels like a waterfall or ocean waves. But most of the time it is the high frequency insect sound. Can you tell me if this sound is connected with a certain level of progression?

Xan
18-06-2011, 02:49 AM
My approach to inner sound meditation is not to analyze since that involves thought, whereas the real benefits come from simply silently listening and accepting the moment as it is. This goes for trying to assess my level of progress too. I keep going further and deeper and that's good enough for me.

astroboy... I don't know how long you have been hearing them but eventually the sounds expand and you may hear several types and tones at once. Some teachers suggest listening to the highest tones mostly.

Xan

Jeff4freedom
18-06-2011, 03:38 PM
It's also a good idea to switch from the automatic idea that when you are listening.... you are doing it with your ears. With any kind of "energetic" meditation it's very important to switch focus from the physical....to the energetic.. Example: When " listening" to the Sound I think we should change the way we refer to this, just to make it more powerful....and less dangerous. If rather than saying that we are Listening...which sort of ties us to our physical ears.... maybe we she think and speak of it more as "identification with"... We are identifying with the Sound....rather than listening. There are certain times in energy meditations where if we have identified with this energy we are perceiving.... IN the physical level.... it can cause problems. Because the reality is the energy isn't limited to the Physical body... In fact the whole point is to expand that energy into eternity.... When we tend to attach our minds to the operation, which as Xan points out isn't a good idea.... it's like we are trying to hold a white hot burning coal in our hands.... Did you know that Fire, has no heat inherent in itself.... it's only upon contact with some physical thing...that there is this burning heat. So it is with the Light and Sound. It exists in reality, not bound by our little physical bodies, and when, with our minds (which have a lot of power) we limit it by saying to ourselves...something like....now I feel it moving and vibrating in some certain part of our physical bodies..... this is like holding that coal in our hands. So the point I'm trying to make is that in this practice, and others where we are connecting to ....the energy of All Creation..... bringing it down and trying to stuff all that into our little bodies....can create problems..... But if we expand into it....then we are safe, and then the Light and Sound will Heal, rather than harm...

astroboy
18-06-2011, 04:54 PM
astroboy... I don't know how long you have been hearing them but eventually the sounds expand and you may hear several types and tones at once. Some teachers suggest listening to the highest tones mostly.
Xan

Xan,
I've been hearing this high pitch sound for almost 30 years now.

IN the physical level.... it can cause problems. Because the reality is the energy isn't limited to the Physical body... In fact the whole point is to expand that energy into eternity....

Jeff,
Long ago I have found out that it is not a physical sound. I put it to a test. And those days I was very excited about it. I have felt the connected tranquility with its presence and have imagined what would life be without this sound!!!

Jeff4freedom
18-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Yep, I remember how when I was kid I couldn't understand how my parents couldn't hear it...

Orbie
18-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Astroboy you say this high pitch isnt a physical sound? Could you expand on that for me? Thank you :)

Xan
19-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Jeff... In response to your comment above.. Yes, feeling the vibration of the sounds brings us into unified awareness with the subtle energies, rather than keeping the separation of listening as if they were external.

Xan

astroboy
19-06-2011, 05:34 AM
Astroboy you say this high pitch isnt a physical sound? Could you expand on that for me? Thank you :)

The two test I carried out and found out it isn't physical at all.

Test one, a physical sound can be heard louder with your ears open. When you plug in your ears, the physical sounds get muffled or not heard at all. But with this high pitch, the opposite is true. It gets louder when you plug in your ears.

Test two, high pitch sounds of a physical nature only occur in certain areas not all areas. I can hear this high pitch even sitting in the library. And also anywhere anytime even if I travel to other countries.

Gem
19-06-2011, 05:39 AM
All I hear is the high pitch cricket sound 24/7 and at times it feels like a waterfall or ocean waves. But most of the time it is the high frequency insect sound. Can you tell me if this sound is connected with a certain level of progression?

It's the sound you hear and that's all there is available to listen to, so that's it, nothing else, just listen.

Gem
19-06-2011, 05:42 AM

Makes no difference. There is a sound and there is listening. I think the meditation is to listen to all the details.

Jeff4freedom
19-06-2011, 06:35 AM
To become the Listening
to become the Sound
That is the purpose of the meditation

We gotta get our heads away from the "listening" idea
It holds folks back.
Think feeling,
thing being

Everything that exists has it's own unique Sound.
What we are "listening" (trying to become...to feel....to identify with) to
Is the Sound of Everything Together

Somebody mentioned Crickets in this thread....
And the cool thing about that is that Crickets are ...

helpful in the respect of leading a person to
Expand their "Listening"

They will show you how to follow the sound out from yourself
To the point where you are hearing the sound at the heart of all things

The Trick isn't in the Listening
or the Hearing
It's in the Letting Go
into it..

The "Listening" is just the first step.....

Lettin go into it
is when the real ride begins.......

The Sound
and the Light
are the same thing
only viewed from different angles

chinu
19-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Bringing this up...

"Hum kookar tere darbar, paun ke aagae badan pasar,----- (Stanza): Purab zanam hum tumre savek aab tou mitya na jaye, tere davare dhun sehaj ki mathe mere dagaie " #GGS, Kabir ji.

English: " O god! am the dog of your house, ----- (Stanza): So many births i became your servent, but failed to dissolve myself within you, and now the divine sound has been arrived on the centre of my fourhead " -seyeth Kabir.

_/\_
Chinu

Gem
19-06-2011, 07:24 AM
To become the Listening
to become the Sound
That is the purpose of the meditation

We gotta get our heads away from the "listening" idea
It holds folks back.
Think feeling,
thing being

Everything that exists has it's own unique Sound.
What we are "listening" (trying to become...to feel....to identify with) to
Is the Sound of Everything Together

Somebody mentioned Crickets in this thread....
And the cool thing about that is that Crickets are ...

helpful in the respect of leading a person to
Expand their "Listening"

They will show you how to follow the sound out from yourself
To the point where you are hearing the sound at the heart of all things

or the Hearing
It's in the Letting Go
into it..

Lettin go into it

The Sound
and the Light
are the same thing

Just listen very closely.

chinu
19-06-2011, 07:43 AM
:wink: Just boosting this up .....

:D Just stop telling or teaching --- you can listen anything.

In other words: There's tic tic tic in the clock --- but can't listen it, untill we concentrate on it, leaving other matters.:wink:

_/\_
Chinu

astroboy
19-06-2011, 10:31 AM
or the Hearing
It's in the Letting Go
into it..

Lettin go into it

The Sound
and the Light
are the same thing

I like this explanation and direction, Jeff.

Gem
19-06-2011, 11:29 AM
:wink: Just boosting this up .....

:D Just stop telling or teaching --- you can listen anything.

In other words: There's tic tic tic in the clock --- but can't listen it, untill we concentrate on it, leaving other matters.:wink:

_/\_
Chinu

The only reason we would advise a particular object of focus is that it applies universally to any person, as we approach the world wholefully by what pertains to any individual.

Miss Hepburn
19-06-2011, 07:00 PM
The two test I carried out and found out it isn't physical at all.

Test one, a physical sound can be heard louder with your ears open. When you plug in your ears, the physical sounds get muffled or not heard at all. But with this high pitch, the opposite is true. It gets louder when you plug in your ears.

Test two, high pitch sounds of a physical nature only occur in certain areas not all areas. I can hear this high pitch even sitting in the library. And also anywhere anytime even if I travel to other countries.
I never thought of it that way - of course!!!

EXCELLENT! Why didn't I think of this?
I've been hearing music, crickets, water, flutes, guitars, a hum -for 39 years!
Earplugs, fingers in ears - nothing in ears, inside, outside - ahhh - the Inner Sound Current.
Celestial Harmonies...Music of the Spheres...
:hug: Thank you, Astroboy.
Is that you in your avatar?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To expand the sound / energy into eternity ----what a great way to put it, Jeff. :smile:

Xan
19-06-2011, 10:57 PM
It's in the Letting Go
into it..

!

Xan

Xan
19-06-2011, 11:01 PM
astroboy... It occurs to me that if you've been hearing pretty much one sound all these years it may be that you are always listening from the same place in yourself.

Since there are so many different inner sounds/frequencies going on, I wonder what would happen if you shifted where you listen from. For instance, rather than the head and ear vicinity you might listen from your heart, or your whole body, or above it, or all around you.

This might not only expand the range of energies you are receiving but expand your awareness too.

Just a suggestion...

Xan

Xan
19-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Just stop telling or teaching --- you can listen anything.

or... listen to your own telling and teaching... not just the words but the tone of it...

Xan

astroboy
20-06-2011, 05:15 AM
astroboy... It occurs to me that if you've been hearing pretty much one sound all these years it may be that you are always listening from the same place in yourself.

Since there are so many different inner sounds/frequencies going on, I wonder what would happen if you shifted where you listen from. For instance, rather than the head and ear vicinity you might listen from your heart, or your whole body, or above it, or all around you.

This might not only expand the range of energies you are receiving but expand your awareness too.

Just a suggestion...Wonderful suggestion, Xan.
It's like exercising out etheric body's muscles.

EXCELLENT! Why didn't I think of this?
I've been hearing music, crickets, water, flutes, guitars, a hum -for 39 years!
Earplugs, fingers in ears - nothing in ears, inside, outside - ahhh - the Inner Sound Current.
Celestial Harmonies...Music of the Spheres...
Thank you, Astroboy.
Is that you in your avatar?

Miss Hepburn,
It's my Avatar's avatar.

English: " O god! am the dog of your house, ----- (Stanza): So many births i became your servent, but failed to dissolve myself within you, and now the divine sound has been arrived on the centre of my fourhead " -seyeth Kabir.

....and this Forum is a great satsang, Chinu.

moke64916
24-06-2011, 02:12 PM
This sound. Finding the harmony and hearing the beauty in all noise led me to my spiritual awakening. It's like grace. Whether it be a conversation, a movie with gun fire, the birds chirping, anything and everything you see the beauty in it. Then when you are in harmony when you listen to a good song, it just is so beautiful. To see the beauty in everyday life through listening is just awesome. It brings you so present in the Now. Then in between the harmony you hear the silence. It is beautiful. My inner voice I hear when I'm on a different dimension, like a dream only I'm awake. I hear that inner voice. Part of our 5 senses that we all have. I always receive intuitive guidance when I'm in a different dimension.

Jeff4freedom
24-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Awesome Moke........ it is such an amazing techinque.. It's like we humans have developed a relationship of some kind (through our dualistic workings) that define every single sound we hear....attach a meaning and feeling.... and we become, just through our listening....trapped in our description of "What is", rather than awre of the Truth of what is. By finding that harmony when listening to all the sounds, allowing them to simply be...alltogether at once, without our judgments attached..... Puts us right smack dab in the middle of what really is...... not what we have always BELIEVED is. It's really a wonderful experience. My Teacher called it (even though it was listening),"seeing with equal eyes"...
I love that term....
we just need to learn to see everything with equal eyes...

and hear with equal ears, he he...

Judgment removed....

Welcome to what really is....

It's funny how you say it's like a different dimension....

Because it is like a different dimension

I think this might be why a lot of folks are afraid when they begin to touch upon it...
and so quickly get back to their comfortable description...

But it's funny that we tend to feel
that what's really more real
is a different dimension

because we've been living in the description for so long

Won't it be amazing when we all shift to being in The Truth

rather than the description....

Very Magical....

you know it just occurred to me

there really is no Quiet in "the Description"

But the Real thing...

Is totally quiet...

Like you say, at the center of all that you hear....

Is Silence,

Xan
01-09-2011, 06:07 AM
bringing this up....

Shabda
03-09-2011, 03:46 AM
bringing it up again with a multi cultural, multi religious point of view
http://www.centreworldreligions.org/cms/website.php?id=/index/interfaith/sound.htm

Miss Hepburn
03-09-2011, 11:48 AM
bringing it up again with a multi cultural, multi religious point of view
http://www.centreworldreligions.org/cms/website.php?id=/index/interfaith/sound.htm

Wow, what a link!!!!!!!!

mattie
03-09-2011, 12:41 PM
The Universe is said to be ordered on tones & sacred geometry.

Internal Queries
03-09-2011, 01:04 PM
The Universe is said to be ordered on tones & sacred geometry.

yeah. that's the premise i work from. singing Strings.

Shabda
03-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Wow, what a link!!!!!!!!
isnt that cool?? convenient too~! i just found that a couple of days ago...

Xan
08-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Great website for in-depth descriptions from many traditions. http://www.centreworldreligions.org/...aith/sound.htm (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .centreworldreligions.org%252Fcms%252Fwebsite.php% 253Fid%253D%252Findex%252Finterfaith%252Fsound.htm )

Thanks Shabda.

Xan

Xan
08-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Some samples from that site...

Hinduism: The divine sounds are first heard in meditation. They eventually flow into the soul in an incessant stream, and that sound current is often identified with soma [bliss] itself. The incessant celestial music conveys the secrets of divine truth.

Rig Veda: In the strait door, the incessant sound-current dispels ignorance. It is a constantly flowing revelation; it is like a pilgrimage. In meditation the continuous divine sound-current unites us with God. (1: 46: 8)

Bhagavad Gita: Krishna says, "The man who, with loving faith and undivided devotion, listens to the incessant stream of the sound, has reached salvation and enters into the blissful realms of the (true) devotees. Did you listen with full attention, Pritha-son? Are you now free from illusion, conqueror of the (divine) treasure?"

Buddhism: Whoever hears the subtle sound renounces his cravings and his attachments.... The experience here described is that of the divine sound coming along with light, an experience obtained at the stage that the Vedas describe as soma, with the effect of thorough healing as well as bliss and lasting peace.

The Bible, Book of Revelations: ...the sound of many waters, of thunder, of trumpets, harps; sounds like a lion’s roaring. It is significant that those heavenly sounds convey messages without the use of words.

Judaism: When the consciousness is absorbed in the blissful divine stream the mind is inactive and can thus be slain.

Islam: Rumi says, "In that world speaking happens without letters and sounds. God did not speak with letters and sounds, with throat and lips to be heard, for God is free from those. "

Sikkh: Guru Nanak and the nine gurus after him describe Naam as that which draws the souls back to God and grants them liberation... It is Naam that "enlarges“ our heart, fills it with compassion and ultimately leads us to the throne of God.

Meister Eckhart (13th century German mystic):

Whosoever is to hear the eternal wisdom of the Father must be inside
and must be at home and must be at one,
then alone he can hear the eternal [unspoken] wisdom of the Father.

Kabir (15th century Indian mystic, claimed both by Hindus and Muslims):

Where spring, the lord of the seasons, reigns, there the Unstruck Music sounds of itself....
The melody of love swells forth, and the rhythm of love’s detachment beats the time....
It is the music of the meeting of soul with soul;
It is the music of the forgetting of sorrows;
It is the music that transcends all coming in and all going forth.

Xan

Thinker108
08-09-2011, 03:49 AM
THE INNER SOUND CURRENT

“The knower of the mystery of the Sound knows the mystery of the whole Universe.”

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

Sound is the most primal expression of energy in all forms and in all dimensions.

The universe consists of energy waves or currents or vibrations which we may perceive as sound frequencies. These move from the highest spiritual creative planes, to the lower mental planes, down to the densest material planes.

Just as sound vibrations descend in creation and manifestation of the lower worlds, we may also follow them upward into the higher spiritual dimensions of consciousness.

In spiritual practices - called Shabda or Nada-Yoga or Listening to the Inner Sound Current - one focuses their attention on these non-physical sounds which have spiritually transforming power. Our disturbed and distorted human energies and perceptions gradually become harmonized, aligned and balanced and our consciousness expands.

These non-physical sounds sometimes occur spontaneously during early stages of out-of-body experiences, along with feeling vibrations or seeing light visions. In addition one may listen to the sounds as a meditation practice.

Hearing non-physical sounds is related to the Third Eye, which can see non-physical light and color, and has intuitive sensing beyond the reasoning mind.

Most often we begin by hearing these non-physical sounds in the right ear, so paying attention there assists us in noticing them. They may sound like ringing or buzzing tones, or sounds of nature, or bells, or violins, flutes or horns, or wind, ocean waves or thunder, or rarely the "Om". At advanced levels various sounds and ranges may be heard simultaneously.

Just relax and listen...

An excellent, clearly written book on the subject is "The Ringing Sound" by Erik Gustafson.

Xan

. The two essential parts of the world are sound and light.

Thinker108
08-09-2011, 03:51 AM
Bhagavad Gita: Krishna says, "The man who, with loving faith and undivided devotion, listens to the incessant stream of the sound, has reached salvation and enters into the blissful realms of the (true) devotees. Did you listen with full attention, Pritha-son? Are you now free from illusion, conqueror of the (divine) treasure?"

in which chapter you found this verse?

Xan
08-09-2011, 04:05 AM
The article refers this quotation to Chapter 18, verses 71-73, Thinker, but doesn't say which translation it's from.

Xan

Thinker108
08-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Ok thanks Xan, i have understood. You have given examples from scriptures, I appreciate your large readings.

Xan
08-09-2011, 08:43 PM
. The two essential parts of the world are sound and light.

Yes... sound and light waves moving in the infinite ocean of love.

Xan

Silver
08-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Judaism: When the consciousness is absorbed in the blissful divine stream the mind is inactive and can thus be slain.

I'm sure I appear pretty darned ignorant, and I read this and think eww, that's not good, is it?

Xan
08-09-2011, 08:51 PM
This refers to the ego-mind, Silvergirl. These days I wouldn't say 'slain' but surrendered into one's true heart.

Xan

Silver
08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah, that's better. Thanks~*

Shabda
09-09-2011, 05:11 AM
in which chapter you found this verse?
it is found in chapter 18: text 71-73 of the Bhagavad Gita

http://www.krisnaworld.com/Chapter18T71-73.html

Thinker108
09-09-2011, 05:18 AM

: Thanks for your information, Shabda

Thinker108
09-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Sikkh: Guru Nanak and the nine gurus after him describe Naam as that which draws the souls back to God and grants them liberation... It is Naam that "enlarges“ our heart, fills it with compassion and ultimately leads us to the throne of God.

Chanting of Name of the God is as important in Hinduism and Sikkhism as meditation.

Miss Hepburn
09-09-2011, 03:36 PM

Cool...you're d' man.

Xan
09-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Shabda... The translation you referenced seems to be more addressed to 'hearing' the teaching, like the versions I have in my library. Any idea where the quote on that website came from that mentions "listening to the incessant sound" ?

Xan

Shabda
09-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Shabda... The translation you referenced seems to be more addressed to 'hearing' the teaching, like the versions I have in my library. Any idea where the quote on that website came from that mentions "listening to the incessant sound" ?

Xan
let me look, i think i can find something, ive studied under a bona fide google Master lol

Shabda
10-09-2011, 05:53 AM

Xan
i havent yet found a translation that sheds any light on your question, but i do have my own experience that might a bit, and that is that the "Incessant Sound" Itself literally ARE teachings, not JUST sounds that can be heard by the inner ear, of course i cant speak for anyone else's experience with the Sound, but in my own case there has been much direct teaching coming without words, in the form of understanding and realization, directly from the Sound Itself, generally concerning aspects of things i had been considering the meaning of already, although not necessarily thinking of at that specific time, and i dont believe in coincidences, so it is my understanding and assertion that this is literally the "Voice" of God communicating directly to my consciousness, so in this way one may hear the "Incessant Sound" or the "Unstruck Melody", and at the same time be "hearing" the teachings directly from their Source, rather than from an outward or inward Teacher or Master, as i got the impression from you that you meant hearing the teachings from a teacher was being referred to rather than hearing the Divine Sound Itself...if im wrong about your intentions please do clarify, but in any case i have had the experience of hearing the Sound from beyond the mind and receiving teachings through that Sound...so it occurs to me that i am hardly the first to experience this, and this may be what is referred to regardless of what a given translation may imply...i find from that same original site a passage from the Bible, in which the explanation given at the site says that it is God who teaches via the Sound, which was the point i was trying to make above :

(The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are taught...) Morning by morning He wakens, He wakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The Lord God has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I turned not backward. (Isa 50: 4-5)

jorddy
10-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Really interesting topic! Thanks for bringing this to attention Xan :)

I get a medium tonal noise as i pass out at night usually when I'm about to drift of to dream land.. I find the noise really relaxing.. Almost like its a ocean that I'm swimming in, I can feel it vibe through my whole body. I would love to find out ways I could bring this out normally - by chance, do you have any methods of developing the awareness of inner sounds?

Thanks, Jorddy

Shabda
10-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Really interesting topic! Thanks for bringing this to attention Xan :)

I get a medium tonal noise as i pass out at night usually when I'm about to drift of to dream land.. I find the noise really relaxing.. Almost like its a ocean that I'm swimming in, I can feel it vibe through my whole body. I would love to find out ways I could bring this out normally - by chance, do you have any methods of developing the awareness of inner sounds?

Thanks, Jorddy
hey jorddy~! nice~! feeling the Sound current run through your being is an awesome thing, and generally this is an indication that one is dealing with a higher level sound, do you happen to recall what the sound is??

jorddy
10-09-2011, 03:58 PM
hey jorddy~! nice~! feeling the Sound current run through your being is an awesome thing, and generally this is an indication that one is dealing with a higher level sound, do you happen to recall what the sound is??

Its hard to explain.. Its a tonal medium high ringing that just comes into my head full blast right before i doze off at night.. But its not like one of the ringings u get after listening to loud music lol.. Its a different kind of noise - I literally feel myself inside the music

Shabda
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Its hard to explain.. Its a tonal medium high ringing that just comes into my head full blast right before i doze off at night.. But its not like one of the ringings u get after listening to loud music lol.. Its a different kind of noise - I literally feel myself inside the music
i know from my own experiences of what you speak, and that is an experience not many get without some degree of training, i find that to be impressive~! some have the idea that they are a particle of God, but the truth is, more accurately, that soul is a particle of the essence of God, of the Divine Sound, and an experience such as the one you describe IMO makes this very clear...thanks for taking the time to describe it more fully!

jorddy
10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
i know from my own experiences of what you speak, and that is an experience not many get without some degree of training, i find that to be impressive~! some have the idea that they are a particle of God, but the truth is, more accurately, that soul is a particle of the essence of God, of the Divine Sound, and an experience such as the one you describe IMO makes this very clear...thanks for taking the time to describe it more fully!

No problem, thanks for describing to me what it is! I'm going to try and focus on this sound throughout the day and see if I could possibly bring it to full awareness. That would be pretty awesome.. But then again, its not really something you can be in while your conscious of the daily tasks - you know? I would find it really really difficult to be able to have this beautiful sound resonating in my head while also having to pay attention to the daily life lol

Xan
10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
jorddy... Hearing the sounds is the simplest of practices. All you do is listen without trying for anything more, and your experience will deepen naturally.

From time to time they will vary, and eventually you may hear different types and tones at one time.

In addition, you may feel the subtle vibration of these sound energies in and around your body, which are emanations of your own life energy or chi.

During daily activities I'm not always aware of the sounds, but sometimes they get quite loud as if to get my attention.

Just listen and notice what you feel... and just keep going.

Xan

Xan
10-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Shabda: ...i do have my own experience that might a bit, and that is that the "Incessant Sound" Itself literally ARE teachings, not JUST sounds that can be heard by the inner ear...

... it is my understanding and assertion that this is literally the "Voice" of God communicating directly to my consciousness, so in this way one may hear the "Incessant Sound" or the "Unstruck Melody", and at the same time be "hearing" the teachings directly from their Source, rather than from an outward or inward Teacher or Master...

in any case i have had the experience of hearing the Sound from beyond the mind and receiving teachings through that Sound.

i find from that same original site a passage from the Bible, in which the explanation given at the site says that it is God who teaches via the Sound, which was the point i was trying to make above...

Hi Shabda

I don't get much into the theology of the Inner Sound Current as that's not my path and style, but I can relate to what you say about any teachings directly from Source are expressed as the pure Sound, both verbal and non-verbal. Is that your meaning? I have learned this was even more true in the ancient sound-based languages like Sanscrit, Hebrew and Aramaic.

For me the inner sounds are non-conceptual vibrational patterns which align and transform my energies, and imbed subtle understandings in my deeper mind. In this way the Silence also teaches and transforms me in ways too subtle to describe.

As I mentioned in the above post, for me it's just about listening with full attention, and enjoying the subtle feelings and ongoing effortless transformation.

Xan

Shabda
10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Shabda: ...i do have my own experience that might a bit, and that is that the "Incessant Sound" Itself literally ARE teachings, not JUST sounds that can be heard by the inner ear...

... it is my understanding and assertion that this is literally the "Voice" of God communicating directly to my consciousness, so in this way one may hear the "Incessant Sound" or the "Unstruck Melody", and at the same time be "hearing" the teachings directly from their Source, rather than from an outward or inward Teacher or Master...

in any case i have had the experience of hearing the Sound from beyond the mind and receiving teachings through that Sound.

i find from that same original site a passage from the Bible, in which the explanation given at the site says that it is God who teaches via the Sound, which was the point i was trying to make above...

Hi Shabda
I don't get much into the theology of the Inner Sound Current as that's not my path and style, but I can relate to what you say about any teachings directly from source are expressed as the pure Sound, both verbal and non-verbal. Is that your meaning?

For me the inner sounds are non-conceptual vibrational patterns which align and transform my energies, and imbed subtle understandings in my deeper mind.

As I mentioned in the above post, for me it's just about listening with full attention, and enjoying the subtle feelings and ongoing effortless transformation.

Xan
yes that is what i meant, but what i speak of is also beyond simply listening, because the Sound resonates throughout one's very being, and one realizes that they ARE the Sound literally, and perception on that sphere can impart knowingness beyond the mind's faculties, a direct knowing and understanding...may not be everyone's bag, but it' done wonders for me...

Xan
10-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes... There are other steps past simply listening... feeling, then recognizing the vibrations as 'me'.

Xan

Prophet
22-09-2011, 02:56 PM
THE INNER SOUND CURRENT

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

Just relax and listen...

Xan

Wow that was deep bro. I never knew about what you said

Shabda
23-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Yes... There are other steps past simply listening... feeling, then recognizing the vibrations as 'me'.

Xan
i'd put that as "being" lol, is that what you mean??

Xan
24-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Sure... many names for the nameless essence.

Xan

n2mec
24-09-2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.thenakedvoice.com/

The Naked Voice is a methodology of communication - researched and developed by singer, voice teacher, and music educator, Chloë Goodchild - for the purpose of creating conscious leaders, teams, organisations, schools and communities, through the use of spoken and sung voice. The Naked Voice is your authentic sound. This unique method explores the human voice as a source of individual and collective self-discovery, linking to the most profound levels of human wisdom. Chloe and her core team, Masashi Minagawa (Shintaido: new-body-way), and Nicholas Twilley (world percussionist and poet), along with an international community of Naked Voice Facilitators are presently evolving this work for the creation of sound values for life - a copy from Chloe Goodchild website

Xan
13-10-2011, 10:10 PM
This primal vibration or Sound is in its nature transcendental and therefore perceived in silence.
Jesus' disciples called it the "Holy Spirit" or the "Word" (which is from the Greek word "Logos," meaning sound).
from the book of Genesis: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Moses heard this very Sound on Mount Sinai when in communion with God.

After Shakyamuni Buddha attained enlightenment he spoke of this Sound, calling it the "drum of immortality".
Krishna equated Himself with the "sound in ether". The flute of Krishna is symbolic of the same Sound.
Shiva heard the same Anahad Naad during his Samadhi in the Himalayas.
Mohammed perceived this Sound in the cave at Gare-Hira when He had a vision of the archangel Gabriel,
and Lao Tzu described the Tao as the "Great Tone".
The Sound of the Abstract is called 'Anhad' in the Vedas, meaning unlimited sound.
The Sufis name it Sarmad, which suggests the idea of intoxication.
(The word 'intoxication' is here used to signify upliftment, the freedom of the soul from Its earthly bondage.)

- from various sources

Miss Hepburn
14-10-2011, 02:21 AM
This primal vibration or Sound is in its nature transcendental and therefore perceived in silence.
Jesus' disciples called it the "Holy Spirit" or the "Word" (which is from the Greek word "Logos," meaning sound).
from the book of Genesis: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Moses heard this very Sound on Mount Sinai when in communion with God.

After Shakyamuni Buddha attained enlightenment he spoke of this Sound, calling it the "drum of immortality".
Krishna equated Himself with the "sound in ether". The flute of Krishna is symbolic of the same Sound.
Shiva heard the same Anahad Naad during his Samadhi in the Himalayas.
Mohammed perceived this Sound in the cave at Gare-Hira when He had a vision of the archangel Gabriel,
and Lao Tzu described the Tao as the "Great Tone".
The Sound of the Abstract is called 'Anhad' in the Vedas, meaning unlimited sound.
The Sufis name it Sarmad, which suggests the idea of intoxication.
(The word 'intoxication' is here used to signify upliftment, the freedom of the soul from Its earthly bondage.)

- from various sources

Big smile.
Yes, and in many many places throughout the Bible it is rather hidden - sounds of rushing waters, winds, etc....Psalms thru Revelations.

Intoxication? I'll say.

:hug3:

chinu
31-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Beware! ...On this inner path.

Only for one of you here... :smile:

_/\_
Chinu

Dar
31-10-2011, 02:06 PM
I thought it was coming from my engine but my ignition was off.

lol~

Yes.......

The Ringing Sound by Eric Gustafson is a book which those who hear it, should read it.

:D good one !.I thought it was the drugs (way back in the 70's) but they wore off years ago . :D

moke64916
31-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Hahahaha:smile: I may not of been around in the 70's, but I've had the experience of it, lol. Wierd. I don't know how in the 70's it was an everyday thing. Crazy.

Humm
31-10-2011, 03:04 PM
There have been many times in meditation I have heard running water. Once I heard sticks tapping.

I love the sound of Tibetan singing bowls. I have not heard them in trance, but they have a very centering effect on me when settling down for meditation. :smile:

Lisa
31-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Could we simply listen to silence?

Humm
31-10-2011, 03:40 PM
That too - of course.

moke64916
31-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Don't listen to the silence because you are the silence. So your listening to yourself, lol.:smile:

Lisa
31-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Don't listen to the silence because you are the silence. So your listening to yourself, lol.:smile:

haha- good point.

But I counter- that which is able to listen to silence is silence itself- no self there.

Dar
31-10-2011, 07:49 PM
This phenomenon really did start when I was a kid , about 14, on some windowpane. I was hearing synthesizers , backwards sounds , and other strange things for hours . A few other times I'd keep hearing what sounded like insects buzzing , and I thought it was just the drug hallucinations. But shortly thereafter , at about 15, I became involved with an Eastern meditation 'cult' that taught about the inner sound (rather vaguely), and so I
started plugging my ears and listening, and wouldn't you know , I'd hear all sorts of sounds, all sounds are possible , the tapestry is deep, rich, and ever-changing .

Somewhere else here this has been discussed. Sometimes , falling asleep or dreaming, it becomes a hurricane of sonic force , all being energy, light, sound, and the *feeling* of explosive, ecstatic energy , way beyond what our physical senses are used to. Sometimes . I guess it wouldn't work to walk around all the time like that, so the circuits aren't cranked open like that very often, but it's nice to know that they work :D

Dar (and all of those experiences came after I quit drugs and alcohol, the best, most recent ones , some 22 years into sobriety) (( a whole other discussion))

Gem
01-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Could we simply listen to silence?

Listen in silence.

I used to let the water run over my ears so all I could hear was that rushing sound. I just put all my attention on the sound. It's quite a trip.

Xan
01-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Lisa: Could we simply listen to silence?

At some point in simply listening to the sounds, we become aware of the silence in which they exist.

I find listening to both together expanding and deepening.

Xan

Xan
01-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Don't listen to the silence because you are the silence.

This is the paradox... we can hear the silence as we are the silence... just as we can feel the love as we are the love... we can feel our life vitality as we are life... we can be aware in awareness as we are .....

When we stop trying to define in our minds what exists and what does not, we are simply and wholly experiencing.

Xan

Xan
01-11-2011, 01:01 AM
I became involved with an Eastern meditation 'cult' that taught about the inner sound (rather vaguely), and so I started plugging my ears and listening, and wouldn't you know , I'd hear all sorts of sounds, all sounds are possible , the tapestry is deep, rich, and ever-changing .

Yep... That's the inner sound current for you, Dar.

As I mentioned before, after I began listening to it my growth sped up and smoothed out considerably.

I love this deep listening. It's not like anything else.

Xan

Xan
01-11-2011, 01:41 AM
I read this today...

Back in 1839, Dr. Heinrich Wilhelm Dove, a Prussian physicist and meteorologist, discovered that when you introduce tones with certain frequencies into each ear, you could actually entrain the electrical patterns within the brain to resonate in very specific patterns, called brainwave states.

In 1973, ground-breaking researching by Dr. Gerald Oster, a biophysicist, renewed interest in this powerful field of study, laying the foundation for the hundreds of studies conducted since then, boosting the technology‘s significance and importance immeasurably.

http://www.eocinstitute.org/meditation_s/45.htm?gclid=CJnYsbemlKwCFWcZQgodD1-hnQ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.eocinstitute.org %25252Fmeditation_s%25252F45.htm%25253Fgclid%25253 DCJnYsbemlKwCFWcZQgodD1-hnQ)

It's these discoveries plus investigation of brain wave states that lead to the development of isochronic tones, binaural and monaural beats used for meditation, healing, and many other purposes.

The inner sound current is the organic and original version of this technology.

Xan

Xan
01-11-2011, 03:34 AM
No tongue can tell Your secret
for the measure of the word obscures Your nature.
But the gift of the ear
is that it hears
what the tongue cannot tell.

~ Sanai

`

Dar
01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
I read this today...

Back in 1839, Dr. Heinrich Wilhelm Dove, a Prussian physicist and meteorologist, discovered that when you introduce tones with certain frequencies into each ear, you could actually entrain the electrical patterns within the brain to resonate in very specific patterns, called brainwave states.

In 1973, ground-breaking researching by Dr. Gerald Oster, a biophysicist, renewed interest in this powerful field of study, laying the foundation for the hundreds of studies conducted since then, boosting the technology‘s significance and importance immeasurably.

http://www.eocinstitute.org/meditation_s/45.htm?gclid=CJnYsbemlKwCFWcZQgodD1-hnQ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.eocinstitute.org %25252Fmeditation_s%25252F45.htm%25253Fgclid%25253 DCJnYsbemlKwCFWcZQgodD1-hnQ)

It's these discoveries plus investigation of brain wave states that lead to the development of isochronic tones, binaural and monaural beats used for meditation, healing, and many other purposes.

The inner sound current is the organic and original version of this technology.

Xan

Yeah, I'm vaguely familiar with brainwave and binaural stuff . I didn't pursue it or learn more simply because with the inner , I no longer felt like there was anything deeper, more interesting, or more useful to look for . The organic, original, yes, that's a good take; at some point it became clear that all physical sounds are like shadow representations of the original, higher-dimensional-energy sound current . It makes us think about what sound is , both physical sound and this inner energy . Physical sound being vibrations in a medium that conducts the vibrations, which get translated and reconstructed as sound by our brains , but where does the inner sound come from ?. Vibrations on a more subtle, energetic plane , that our consciousness facilitates a kind of overlap with (?) . These vibrations ... do they run along the same neural pathways as external sound? (probably, but the come from 'somewhere else'). I have some questions about this, but knowing the answers isn't as important as tuning in , which of course, can take us to
the higher realms where there aren't so many questions :wink: . But I usually fall asleep before I go anywhere except to dreamsville , which can be just as much fun :D

Xan
02-11-2011, 01:56 AM
As I see it, non-physical sounds are life energy waves within the infinite sea of consciousness and love.

Xan

Humm
02-11-2011, 02:04 AM
As I see it, non-physical sounds are life energy waves within the infinite sea of consciousness and love.

Xan

I like that. :smile:

Dar
02-11-2011, 02:23 AM

Xan

The energy of consciousness, conscious energy existing and vibrating on many levels , BEING of and in the many dimensions , endless arrays of sound, light, energy swimming in the unified field of love.... yeah, I like the 'sound' of that, too :D

Xan
01-12-2011, 02:30 AM
bringing this up...

Stillness_Speaks
18-12-2011, 09:05 AM
bringing this up...

Thank you for bringing this up :smile: Great thread.

silent whisper
18-12-2011, 09:23 AM
The inner sounds beyond the mind
connect the heart to the divine
listen, softely hear its call
the inner sound that opens to all......

Yes a lovely thread..thankyou Xan.

Silent whisper......floating by...

Xan
19-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Lovely, silent whisper... Thank you.

Xan

Xan
22-01-2012, 09:32 PM
~

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

`

Miss Hepburn
22-01-2012, 09:36 PM
~

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

It is easy to hear the Sound, but he who stays with it and lets it
take him knows the mystery of the whole Universe.

~Miss Hepburn

:wink:

Dar
23-01-2012, 12:57 AM
bringing this up...

Good call . I hear and I obey. Another thing I like is the blinky-red-light
glasses you put on going to sleep . Sometimes something similar is used to induce lucid dreaming. The ones I use have programmed sets of 'light shows'
that stimulate visual patterns , something like vivid psychedelic hallucinations , but not limited to that sort of thing. I don't get much 3rd eye stuff, so I like these glasses to give me some visual fireworks to go with the sonic background . I've seen some things ....wonderful things .... :D

Dar
23-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Kinda funny story : last year I started hearing hissing and ringing louder without plugging my ears. For a while I thought this was great , like it was another major energy influx , another big expansion . After a month or so my hearing in one ear started to become worse , and stayed fairly poor for another month or so. Finally I decided I'd better do something , so I used an over-the-counter ear wax removing solution . My hearing got better and the lovely noises went back to normal levels :tongue: .

Xan
04-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Hark to the unstruck bells and drums!

~Kabīr

silent whisper
04-02-2012, 08:28 PM

~Kabīr

Kabir makes my heart sing in triumphant joy....:smile:

Perfect Storm
05-02-2012, 10:18 AM
I listened to this once and tried to pick it out.

In all I heard about 4 different tones. Two different tones which were level and unchanging. One that went up and down in a slow wave. Then one that moved in a quicker wave/oscillating and was higher pitched the the first oscillating wave.

Xan
05-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Athymari... I often hear more than one tone, and it's a good sign that you are receiving a combination of higher frequencies.

The best approach is not to try to examine or analyze the sounds, least more than once, but simply to listen. This benefits us on very subtle levels.

Xan

Miss Hepburn
05-02-2012, 04:12 PM
It is the music of the meeting of soul with soul;It is the music of the forgetting of sorrows;It is the music that transcends all coming in and all going forth.
~Kabīr

There are techniques to hearing this unstruck music :smile: ...pm me if
anyone wants to know.
It would be my pleasure.

I can't remember if there are some already on this thread.
It's a big thread now!

Xan
05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Miss Hepburn... I would appreciate your posting the techniques here, if you wish. ( umm... may I suggest keeping it simple...)

Xan

Dar
05-02-2012, 07:04 PM
There are techniques to hearing this unstruck music :smile: ...pm me if
anyone wants to know.
It would be my pleasure.

I can't remember if there are some already on this thread.
It's a big thread now!

watch out, the guru police will come and get you for revealing 'secrets' :wink: (though I don't recall getting many more than "listen and be patient " :rolleyes: )

Humm
05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
(or something like that :cool: )

Coolest sig EVER. :D

Dar
06-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Coolest sig EVER. :D

or something like that :tongue:

Miss Hepburn
06-02-2012, 02:42 AM
watch out, the guru police will come and get you for revealing 'secrets' :wink: (though I don't recall getting many more than "listen and be patient " :rolleyes: )
I know, but Geeze, our guru lied making us all think he was the "holder of some Secret" - what ** - I'd be happy to share what little I know from him and Kirpal Singh and Yogananda - it's not a "secret" any longer.
Any one could look up Rhadasoami or Sant Mat and find out so
much about esoteric yogic techniques.
( For the Inner Sound, Sat Naam, Divine Music, Music of the Spheres or Celestial Harmonies)

(Btw, Dar, I have had enormous experiences from this technique- I lived in the ashram for many years and put in many hours of meditation,,, I may not follow our guru anymore - BUT the techniques he showed are sterling.)

Miss Hepburn
06-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Miss Hepburn... I would appreciate your posting the techniques here, if you wish. ( umm... may I suggest keeping it simple...)

Xan
Can't, only on an individual basis - they really are pretty esoteric - and they should be shown to a sincere seeker only.
That is why the gurus keep then so guarded!

But, I think enough is enough.
Still there has to be some instruction ,,,with respect to the preciousness.

Remember as you posted:

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

silent whisper
06-02-2012, 02:48 AM
I know, but Geeze, our guru lied making us all think he was the "holder of some Secret" - what ** - I'd be happy to share what little I know from him and Kirpal Singh and Yogananda - it's not a "secret" any longer.
( For the Inner Sound, Sat Naam, Divine Music, Music of the Spheres or Celestial Harmonies)

(Btw, Dar, I have had enormous experiences from this technique- I lived in the ashram for many years and put in many hours of meditation,,, I may not follow our guru anymore - BUT the techniques he showed are sterling.)

So what does it all do for you?

Miss Hepburn
06-02-2012, 02:55 AM

Hmmm, it is a key or a way to focus on the Inner Sound Current or Sat Naam or the True Name.

It initially brings peace of mind....but that is only initially --- when one really gets into it --- meaning focusing full attention on it formally, for a long time - it can take a person to incredible places of wisdom and love and wonder and beyond.
It is a door from the finite to the infinite.

That sentence is quite profound.
As Kabir and Guru Nanak and Hafiz have spoken about.

silent whisper
06-02-2012, 03:11 AM
So how do you use this incredible wisdom and love and wonder from the infinite well?

Xan
06-02-2012, 03:36 AM
In my own experience, simply listening to the inner sound current drew me deeper in meditation, and over time sped up my process of awakening and surrender considerably.

There's a subtle effect as it works directly to transform energies and raise frequencies, rather than through the mind.

Xan

silent whisper
06-02-2012, 05:27 AM
In my own experience, simply listening to the inner sound current drew me deeper in meditation, and over time sped up my process of awakening and surrender considerably.

There's a subtle effect as it works directly to transform energies and raise frequencies, rather than through the mind.

Xan

Thankyou for sharing how you journeyed and continue to journey.

Dar
06-02-2012, 08:44 AM

My, how things have changed from when I was a teenager . I bought into all the propaganda and was so sure he was The One, and we were all The Chosen . I was 15 and ate it all up . I never lived in an ashram, having already become a drunk by the time I was on my own . All part of an interesting journey , but it did take some major overhauling to reprogram myself away from the cult mentality . Comes a time you have to 'Kill the Buddha ' :icon_eek: .

Through all that and more, the inner sound current started out and stayed a direct channel to ....to infinity and beyond :D . It's not like the guy was a quack , by any stretch; just that the way it was 'sold' wasn't honest , but hey, that's show business :wink: .

D

Xan
06-02-2012, 09:18 PM
From the conversation I guess you're talking about the guru who taught the Music Technique, eh?

Funny, I never understood or experienced it as it was taught then.... but years later I found through other ways, it's so simple.

As for the Guru, through thick and thin and leaving him behind... I still love him.

Xan

Dar
06-02-2012, 09:30 PM
From the conversation I guess you're talking about the guru who taught the Music Technique, eh?

Funny, I never understood or experienced it as it was taught then.... but years later I found through other ways, it's so simple.

As for the Guru, through thick and thin and leaving him behind... I still love him.

Xan

I do too, now that I think about it . I just don't worship him anymore .
I don't have a master or a guide and that is right for me now.

D

Miss Hepburn
07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Ah, now this is what we are talking about - and the "Unstruck chords, the unplucked strings"...
From the Ecsatic Poetry thread - to help people understand more about this "Sound" and ways that it is manifested and heard...

I hear bells ringing that no one has shaken,
inside "love" there is more joy than we know of,
rain pours down, although the sky is clear of clouds,
there are whole rivers of light...

- Kabir

Miss Hepburn
07-02-2012, 05:42 PM
... you're talking about the guru who taught the Music Technique...
Xan
This esoteric technique was taught by Babaji and thus, Paramahansa Yogananda - it is kept secret - only through instruction and initiation was/is it revealed.

I, however, do not believe it should be kept
secret any longer - I could be wrong.
Beause Jesus was correct; if seeds are tossed on rocks they are
wasted and don't grow - I still believe instruction and reading
Masters of the past speaking about this Divine Harmony prepares
the "student" to cherish what this is.
I also feel if a guru lied making others believe he was the only one that could reveal this and only by his grace could you excel --then it is
alright to reveal it to others cancelling the vow we took.

He is not the holder of special grace or the only revealer of these techniques.
(Albeit, he does have grace and knows how to uplift his devotees very much
as the touch of Sri Yukteswar* and Ramakrishna's darshan* could...)

*darshan - being in the presence of
* Sri Y ---Paramahansa's guru - as spoken of in "The Autobiography of a Yogi",
The author of many insightful books on religion, science, the nature of the Universe.

Dar
07-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Ah, now this is what we are talking about - and the "Unstruck chords, the unplucked strings"...
From the Ecsatic Poetry thread - to help people understand more about this "Sound" and ways that it is manifested and heard...

I hear bells ringing that no one has shaken,
inside "love" there is more joy than we know of,
rain pours down, although the sky is clear of clouds,
there are whole rivers of light...

- Kabir

Just like seeing with the earthly pair of eyes is dim compared to third eye visions or electrified lucid dream scenes , and daylight is outshone by the light like a thousand internal suns , every sound made in the physical world is only an echo of the current of celestial harmonies and sounds inside; the ocean of energy made audible to the ear that knows how to listen. Also the feelings of flesh at their finest pale to insignificance beside the energy of infinity our spirits inhabit .

All these higher-plane aspects can be experienced while living in the body, but these are not physical phenomenon ; this creates another exquisite paradox, and surely demonstrates our multidimensional nature . This perception of , attunement to, and immersion in , such subtle , but high-energy aspects of our being shows me that we are of and in an interconnected unified filed of .... (I'm out of words, please insert your favorites here :wink: )

Miss Hepburn
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Just like seeing with the earthly pair of eyes is dim compared to third eye visions or electrified lucid dream scenes , and daylight is outshone by the light like a thousand internal suns , every sound made in the physical world is only an echo of the current of celestial harmonies and sounds inside; the ocean of energy made audible to the ear that knows how to listen. Also the feelings of flesh at their finest pale to insignificance beside the energy of infinity our spirits inhabit .

All these higher-plane aspects can be experienced while living in the body, but these are not physical phenomenon ; this creates another exquisite paradox, and surely demonstrates our multidimensional nature . This perception of , attunement to, and immersion in , such subtle , but high-energy aspects of our being shows me that we are of and in an interconnected unified filed of .... (I'm out of words, please insert your favorites here :wink: )
Why, Dar, you've had your coffee this morning, I see.

Very articulate post.

Dar
07-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Why, Dar, you've had your coffee this morning, I see.

Very articulate post.

:D :angel8: Coffee's a big part of it, yes :cool: .

silent whisper
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM

so in all this knowing and expression of what you experience where does it fit into this reality of living? how do you use all this knowledge and integrate it back into the land of coffee and living fully?

Xan
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
`
Just like seeing with the earthly pair of eyes is dim
compared to third eye visions or electrified lucid dream scenes ,
and daylight is outshone by the light like a thousand internal suns.

Every sound made in the physical world is only an echo
of the current of celestial harmonies and sounds inside; the ocean of energy
made audible to the ear that knows how to listen.

Also the feelings of flesh at their finest
pale to insignificance
beside the energy of infinity our spirits inhabit .

All these higher-plane aspects can be experienced while living in the body,
but these are not physical phenomenon ;
this creates another exquisite paradox and surely demonstrates
our multidimensional nature .

This perception of , attunement to, and immersion in ,
such subtle but high-energy aspects of our being
shows me
that we are of and in
an interconnected unified field of ....

Dar, I hope you don't mind that I'm in a poeticizing mood from your beautiful clear words.

Xan

Dar
07-02-2012, 09:10 PM
`

pale to insignificance

shows me
that we are of and in

Dar, I hope you don't mind that I'm in a poeticizing mood from your beautiful clear words.

Xan

are they mine ? :wink:
sometimes they have a way of arranging themselves to fit my pictures of reality :D deja vu vu .... where have I heard that before ? :tongue:

silent whisper
07-02-2012, 09:12 PM
`

pale to insignificance

shows me
that we are of and in

Xan

... when we use the beauty of anothers creation and bring it to life in our own way of seeing....we recognise something that is within us.....I wonder if our own creation can be seen for all that is shared here with poetic eyes?

Xan
07-02-2012, 09:32 PM
are they mine ? :wink:
Yah it's you, bro. :angel8:

Xan

Miss Hepburn
07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
so in all this knowing and expression of what you experience where does it fit into this reality of living? how do you use all this knowledge and integrate it back into the land of coffee and living fully?
I know you directed his to Dar but he and I are buds and I think it's ok to put my 2 cents in too, right?

How do we use this 'knowing' and fit it into living?

How do we fit into the ''reality'' of life the joy of having a baby growing in us - or falling in love when our endorphins are flowing?
We live fuller, happier, we flow, we enjoy things more and are more appreciative... is that fair to say Dar?

Xan
07-02-2012, 11:51 PM

My answer is, I don't try to integrate it into my daily life as I don't see that as my responsibility or even necessary.

In surrender of my mind's ideas into the true Self, the integration and expression in this world comes naturally... and beyond what I could have imagined.

Xan

Dar
08-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Yah it's you, bro. :angel8:

Xan

I'm just a mild-mannered reporter trying to get the right words in the right places . They will always come up short but that doesn't mean they aren't useful :smile:

Xan
24-02-2012, 02:50 AM
I read this today in an NDE story at IANDS.org

I was asleep in the early hours of the morning, and suddenly found myself in a different level of existence. There was no tunnel or transition; I was just there. It was a realm consisting entirely of light, sound, joy and bliss.

All around me were beings of pulsing, colored light, and indescribable music/singing full of joy and praise. The beings did not have human shape; they were more like oval or round pulsing loci of light. There were no sharp outlines in this realm; everything seemed to gently blend into everything else a little. There was nothing but light, music, praise for God and All That Is, and many beings/points of consciousness.

The beings were creating the music and were made of the music. I was made of music, light and joy. I was filled with bliss and comfort, and felt "at home" for the first time ever.

Xan

n2mec
24-02-2012, 01:50 PM
For me, your post brings me to mind of "Chloe Goodchild".

http://www.thenakedvoice.com/index.html

Clip from her website,

The Naked Voice is a methodology of communication - researched and developed by singer, voice teacher, and music educator, Chloë Goodchild - for the purpose of creating conscious leaders, teams, organisations, schools and communities, through the use of spoken and sung voice. The Naked Voice is your authentic sound. This unique method explores the human voice as a source of individual and collective self-discovery, linking to the most profound levels of human wisdom. Chloe and her core team, Masashi Minagawa (Shintaido: new-body-way), and Nicholas Twilley (world percussionist and poet), along with an international community of Naked Voice Facilitators are presently evolving this work for the creation of sound values for life.

http://www.thenakedvoice.com/index.html

Xan
25-02-2012, 02:36 AM
from the website you linked to, mec...

Out beyond ideas of right and wrong doing

There is a field, a singing field

I'll meet you there

Xan

Xan
20-03-2012, 03:48 PM
There is no such thing as silence.
The void is a sea of infinitesimal bells.
the deepest emptiness is a song
pressed from nothing by a gaze within.
Descend into the chorus of your heart.
Listen: the sound of bliss creates the world.

- Fred LaMotte

Xan
24-03-2012, 01:50 AM
As I watched the planets hurl from the heart of the God Titan
I realized that each planet had its own unique frequency.
And every frequency together created a symphony that became one sound.
That sound was the only sound that God makes…
The sound of everything all at once.
The sound of existence.

~ Aubrey Marcus

JaysonR
24-03-2012, 02:11 AM
As soon as I'm allowed to include links, so that I can put up images, I will be posting something which treads close to these concepts that comes from my own works.

Xan,
You may find it interesting, as I found yours such considering the closeness of the ideas.

Xan
24-03-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to share, Jayson.

Xan

JaysonR
24-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Yay, just hit that magic 25, so I could finally post it.
Look for, Spirituality: A Study of Signal to Noise Ratio, in this same directory.

Xan
24-03-2012, 02:50 AM
`
The knower of the mystery of the Sound knows the mystery of the whole Universe.

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

Miss Hepburn
01-04-2012, 10:36 PM
The Inner Sound I hear with ear plugs or placing my fingers gently in my ears -
I believe would be heard on the Moon or on a spacewalk.

TzuJanLi
02-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Greetings..

The Inner Sound I hear with ear plugs or placing my fingers gently in my ears -
I believe would be heard on the Moon or on a spacewalk.

Hi Miss H: There is the source 'vibration', Om or Aum as the ancient Hindus understood it, and.. as you suggest, i cannot conceive of a manifestation that does not sense this 'sound' in some way..

Existence is the manifestation of pure energy 'vibrating' at frequencies that produce form, shape, and mass.. 'sound' is the effect of the medium of air 'vibrating' and stimulating some of our senses to inform (form within) us the representation 'coded' into the 'vibration'.. in the same manner that 'vibration' produces audible sound in the medium of air, i sense a much finer and more subtle 'cosmic medium', like the 'aether' referenced by the ancestors.. and, that the 'vibrations' produced by the intentions of Consciousness manifests existence from the medium of 'aether', or more appropriately the sea of energy in which we exist..

As i often remind myself and others, 'i don't understand everything i know', so.. somehow, i 'know' that the frequencies of vibration are the source-code for understanding anything about everything.. and, in the same way ice-cubes are the same 'substance' as the water in which they reside, it is the frequency at which the water 'vibrates' that manifests the differences in appearance.. and, the liquid/solid relationship is as real as the stuff it's made of, its essence, water..

Many apologies, i'm rambling again.. Best Wishes..

vicky3619
15-04-2012, 03:06 PM
sometimes when I sit down and try to meditate I hear a little sound, that I can't really describe, but now even in noise I can focus on it and listen to it , anywhere , in a book someone describe it at the ''music of the world''. It's like a light grasshopper or light bell ring it's like ''hmmmmmm'' or ''iiiiii'' but very light, beautiful and calming but I can't really explain the sounds is it what you talk about ? :)

Xan
15-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes, this is what we're talking about.

This is a wonderful, gently transforming meditation practice... simply listening to the inner sounds, how ever they show up for you.

Xan

JaysonR
15-04-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm not opposed to this inner sound concept by any means.
However, I do feel someone should put out a fair warning of being careful not to mistake some known physical issues as these inner sounds of meditation; nor to confuse these inner sounds of meditation as some known physical issue.

A good example of this would be tinnitus.

Not being a medical doctor, my rule of basic thumb on this would be simple:
If it is something you don't want, but can't stop; might want to check with a doctor to be safe.

If it is something that you do want, and can stop; the chances are less likely to be a physical medical issue.

Xan
15-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes, this issue was well-discussed in the thread. Jayson.

As I understand it there's no known cure for tinnitus, so just listening seems the best solution anyway... far better than the frustration and discomfort many people get into.

Xan

JaysonR
15-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Depends on the tinnitus.
Tinnitus is like saying, "knee problem".
It's not specific; there are "objective" and "subjective" tinnitus; caused by external trauma, and those with not external stimuli (respectively).

The subjective is the family of tinnitus cases that are slippery.
Some are chronic re-traumatizing damage from external stimuli (such as constantly too loud headphones over a considerable time period).

Others are found to be issues with the ear itself; sometimes it is spams or the like that are causing the issues.

And some don't fit anywhere into a physical classification of identifying what is wrong.

There's a problem, though.
It's a problem like fibromyalgia; due to a lack of external measuring being possible within subjective tinnitus, allot of questionable doubt is cast on which case belongs linked to which other case as relative.

But that's just one such simple example.
I was more or less just saying each person needs to make sure they are comfortable and can not hear it when they want to not hear it.

The inverse would be something that should raise alarm bells.

Shabda
22-05-2012, 04:20 PM
one distinct thing that is produced by the inner Sound, that is never produced by tinnitus, is feeling the Sound current go through the entire being, from head to toe, which causes a form of ecstasy to be felt one's being...this is one way of knowing the difference between the two...

Miss Hepburn
22-05-2012, 04:28 PM
one distinct thing that is produced by the inner Sound, that is never produced by tinnitus, is feeling the Sound current go through the entire being, from head to toe, which causes a form of ecstasy to be felt one's being...this is one way of knowing the difference between the two...
Glad you could drop in and visit us again, Mr. Shabda!!!!

Xan
22-05-2012, 10:47 PM
You are so right about the bliss, Shabda. Thank you.

Xan

Xan
22-05-2012, 11:03 PM
This garden universe vibrates complete.
Sometimes we get a sound so sweet.

Vibrations reach on up to become light,
And then thru gamma, out of sight.

Between the eyes and ears there lie
The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh.

And to hear the sun, what a thing to believe.
But it's all around if we could but perceive.

To know ultra-violet, infra-red and X-rays,
Beauty to find in so many ways.

Two notes of the chord, that's our fluoroscope.
To reach the chord is our life's hope.

To name the chord is important to some.
So they give it a word, and the word is OM.

- Moody Blues

(posted on another thread)

Xan
06-06-2012, 01:09 AM
The flute of interior time plays,
whether we hear it or not.
What we mean by love
is its sound coming in.

~ Robert Bly, Book of Kabir

Xan
23-06-2012, 04:37 PM
There is known a song so sweet and so pure
It sings’ of an energy that will always endure
Its chorus is steady, reflection the score
The music of life with its spiritual lore

Its tone is of beings expressing delight
Through prisms of colour which sound as they might
Hearing its spirit in every scale
Lilting with pleasure for freedoms regale

Its melody weaves like a needle and thread
Each note with its value may lead and be led
Entrusting emotion as softly it plays
Touching so deeply in so many ways

Its harmony offers the truth that all share
Learning, the bridge, with a chord, oh so rare
Octaves of lifetimes each verse of tomorrow
The sound of each voice, in its joy and its sorrow

Its rhythm the heart beat of what it perceives
The true inner self in each semibreve
Timing the seasons which inspire it to grow
Tempo of being is the tune it will know.

~ sound, a member of this forum

Miss Hepburn
07-10-2012, 02:57 AM
Wow, never saw the above.

Xan
10-10-2012, 06:04 PM
In the Hindu [wisdom] the universe is sound. The supreme (para) brings forth existence through the Word (Shabda). Creation consists of vibrations at various frequencies and amplitudes giving rise to the phenomena of the world. The purest vibrations are [hidden to the physical senses], the imperishable letters which are revealed to us imperfectly as the audible sounds and visible forms.

The seed syllable Om represents the underlying unity of reality, which is Brahman.

- Wikipedia, Mantra

Mountain-Goat
10-10-2012, 08:53 PM
In the Hindu [wisdom] the universe is sound.
Creation consists of vibrations at various frequencies and amplitudes giving rise to the phenomena of the world.
Wikipedia contradicts itself, i suspect unintentionally.
It's true that sound is a result from vibrations at various frequencies and amplitudes,
But there does not have to be sound for vibrations at various frequencies and amplitudes to exist.

Consider this well known koan(well, i ignorantly assume it's a koan):
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

No it does not.

Sound is a phenomenon produced by a form that can translate silent vibrations at various frequencies into an audiable form, known as Sound.
A tree falling down, produces no sound, sound is a product of a mind and an ear.
Sound is the interpretation of silent vibrations at various frequencies.
So, a tree falling down does not produce sound. What it produces is silent energy.

A tree, which is energy in a specific form, as it's falling down, it builds up kinetic energy, accumilates it because of the mass of it's own energy.
So when it eventually hits the ground, this accumilated energy is released, spreading out in spherical direction
simlar to waves on a lake when you throw a pebble in it, but three dimentionally...spherically as opposed to circularly.

This is an invisible and silent energy wave spreading out in all directions, which when it reaches an ear,
the ear translates that silent invisble energy wave into electrial signals/data which the mind translates into what is referred to as sound.
The sound is inside the mind, not in the environment, even though one may interpret the sound is in the environment.

However, even though a tree does not make a sound when there no one around to hear it,
the tree will make silent energy waves, "vibrations at various frequencies" regardless of whether there is anyone there or not.

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a silent energy wave or a vibration at a certain frequency?"
Yes.

Easliy proven by leaving a mechanical recording device while there is no one around while the tree falls,
and the silent energy wave reaches the device and is translated into silent digital info onto magnetic tape or a digital memory chip.
Then later reconstituted into a silent energy wave as that digital data is translated into electrical pulses that is fed into a speaker,
which sends out the silent energy wave for an ear to translate into the same sound you would hear if you were in the forest watching a tree fall down.

M-G likes the unity of scientific observation/understanding and spiritual observation/understandng.

So this...In the Hindu [wisdom] the universe is sound.
Creation consists of vibrations at various frequencies and amplitudes giving rise to the phenomena of the world.

I translate into this...
The universe is energy.
Physical reality, including thought and feelings, consists of energy vibrations at various frequencies and amplitudes giving rise to the phenomena of everything in life/existence.

Xan
10-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Give yourself completely to the act of listening.
Beyond the sounds there is something greater,
a sacredness that cannot be understood through thought.

~ Eckhart Tolle

anhad
07-12-2012, 12:34 PM
dear xan, i have read all ur posts on inner sound current. they are simply wonderful.you have touched the minute details on sound current. it is one of my fav. to know more about inner sound current. thanx for sharing the wisdom here.

anhad
07-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Within yourself music plays without pause,
Vibrating strings are not the cause.
This music comes from the Word, says Kabir.
It pervades subtly for all to hear.
This sound divine makes the seeker free,
Then in Maya's grasp he shall no more be.

The Word is more than a simple word so plain,
Through power of the Word no bondage will remain.
The Word is soothing, melting all desires,
It douses the flames of earthly fires.

But all the words provide only pain,
No peace or truth can they help you attain.
The value of the Word no treasure comes near,
Only the true disciple knows this truth, says Kabir.

God-Like
07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Within yourself music plays without pause,
Vibrating strings are not the cause.
This music comes from the Word, says Kabir.
It pervades subtly for all to hear.
This sound divine makes the seeker free,
Then in Maya's grasp he shall no more be.

The Word is more than a simple word so plain,
Through power of the Word no bondage will remain.
The Word is soothing, melting all desires,
It douses the flames of earthly fires.

But all the words provide only pain,
No peace or truth can they help you attain.
The value of the Word no treasure comes near,
Only the true disciple knows this truth, says Kabir.

Wonderful anhad .. :hug3:

x dazzle x

anhad
07-12-2012, 06:34 PM
thanx ''GOD LIKE''................. and also thanx for nice hug.....

More On Inner Sound Meditation In Buddhism........

"Listening to the inner Sound brings the heart into a position of acute inner awareness. The Sound is always there. We don't have to create it. It is ever present. So it is a good symbol for Ultimate Reality itself." (Ajahn Amaro)

"How sweetly mysterious is the Transcendental Sound of Avalokiteshvara [Quan Yin]! Is is the subdued murmur of the sea-tide setting inward. Its mysterious Sound brings liberation and peace to all sentient beings who in their distress are calling for aid." (Surangama Sutra)

"You can experience the Sound of silence in the mind. You hear it as a kind of high frequency Sound, a ringing Sound..... When you're just with the cosmic Sound alone, there is pure attention, no sense of a person or personality, of 'me and mine'". (Ajahn Sumedho, The Sound of Silence)

anhad
07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Teresa of Avila (Teresa de Jesus) did not find guidance about the inner sounds in the European culture in which she grew up, so she didn't realize how she could use them in her spiritual life. She describes them clearly in her book, "The Interior Castle":

"It roars like many big rivers with waterfalls, there are flutes, and a host of little birds seems to be whistling, not in the ears, but in the upper part of the head, where the soul is said to have its special seat."

Miss Hepburn
07-12-2012, 06:52 PM
What a blessing you have come and renewed this Thread.
I wasn't aware it was mentioned in The Interior Castle, but I never
Read the entire book.
Thank you, anhad.

anhad
07-12-2012, 06:55 PM
"The mind exists as long as there is sound, but with the cessation of sounds, there is the state of being above the mind.

The sound is absorbed in the Akshara (indestructible), and the soundless state is the supreme seat.

The mind, which along with Prana has its Karmic affinities destroyed by the constant concentration upon Nada, is absorbed in the unstained One. There is no doubt about it."

(Nada Bindu Upanishad)

anhad
07-12-2012, 07:06 PM
In the Yoga tradition there are certain mantras (sound syllables) and yantras (forms to meditate on) which belong together. The form which belongs to the mantra Om is said to be Sri Yantra, and vice versa.

Is this relationship between form and sound a purely subjective experience - one that certain people claim to have seen within? Or can it be measured?

Dr. Hans Jenny spent his life investigating the connection between sounds and forms. He was one of the world's foremost researchers in the field and the founder of the science of Cymatics. In his Wave Phenomena Research Institute in Switzerland, around 1970, he constructed what is called a tonoscope - an apparatus which converts sounds into forms. He wrote several books on Cymatics and documented through films and photos the influence of sounds on various materials.

According to sources, a person who could pronounce the mantra "Om" correctly, was asked to sing it into the tonoscope's microphone. At first a circle was generated on the membrane of the tonoscope, then various triangles formed themselves inside the circle, and when the "m" faded out, Sri Yantra was completed. Another mantra created concentric circles.

anhad
07-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Para Nada
The transcendent sound, which has the highest frequency, is called Para Nada. Para means highest or farthest, and in this connection: transcendent. Para Nada is beyond the reach of the sense organs. It is heard in other dimensions, on other levels of consciousness. The Nada Yogis reveal that Para or transcendent sound has the highest frequency. Para's intense vibration makes it inaudible. Various texts mention that the Para sound has no vibrations. It is a sound without movement or frequency – a still sound. We cannot grasp a sound which has no vibration. When a sound reaches its maximum height, then it reaches stillness – and that is Para Nada. It is completely uniform. A state of consciousness corresponds with this stillness. The Nada Yogi reaches this state by becoming one with Para Nada.

In the Upanishads, the mantra OM is said to be the manifestation of Para. But not the audible OM, which we chant. That is not Para because it is the object of our hearing, our understanding and our logic. Therefore it cannot be called transcendent. Para is at the same time silent and eternal. It has form and its nature is Jyoti (light). It is different to the sounds one usually understands or hears.

The Upanishads state clearly about the Para Sound: " This is OM, this sound is OM."

anhad
07-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Pashyanti

The second level of sound has fewer vibrations and is coarser than Para. It is called Pashyanti.

Pashyanti in Sanskrit means: "that which can be seen or visualised". The old scripts maintain that sound can also be seen. How can one see sound? Have you ever heard music in a dream? This particular dimension of sound that occurs in dreams is called Pashyanti. It can be called a mental sound. It is neither conscious nor half conscious. It is a subconscious sound which is linked to the characteristic of your mind and not to your vocal organs; tongue, throat or mouth. It is not heard with the physical ear, but with the inner ear.When the word or the sound is heard in a sphere where one is not conscious of the outer surroundings, it is called Pashyanti. When every outer sound has disappeared and you hear a completety new sound, unlike the ordinary sounds, then it is Pashyanti Nada.

anhad
07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Madhyama
A sound, which has fewer vibrations than Para and Pashyanti, but which is finer than Vaikhari, is called Madhyama.

Madhyama is a sound that can hardly be heard. Ordinarily, when two objects hit each other they produce a coarse sound; like when we clap. But in the case of Madhyama no two things physically hit each other to produce an audible sound. Madhyana produces vibrations such as when one whispers. It is an intermediate sound. The word Madhyama means "in between" or "in the middle". So this middle sound can be called whispering or is like the sound of whispering.

anhad
07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Vaikhari
The fourth and coarsest plane of Nada is Vaikhari. The Vaikhari sounds are audible and can be physically produced. Vaikhari is the spoken sound. It is produced for example by rubbing or hitting two things against each other. Its vibrations are limited to a certain range.

anhad
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Para has the quality of soul, Pashyanti has a mental quality. Madhyama has the finer quality of the vocal organs, and Vaikhari has the coarse quality of the same physical organs.