PDA

View Full Version : Three Steps into your true nature

Xan
02-10-2010, 01:57 AM
THREE STEPS
into your true nature

This simple meditation brings you into the quietness of your inner self, your true nature.

Take a few minutes or longer for the first two steps. In fact, you may need to stay with Step One for a few days or even weeks, until you feel ready to move into the quiet.

STEP ONE
*Bring your attention down from your head and into your lower belly.
*Breathe into your belly, breathing each out-breath with a gentle sigh.
*Notice whatever you feel and allow yourself to accept it as it is.

If your attention goes back up into your head just bring it down again, accepting and breathing.

Notice your mind slowing down, and continue breathing as you become more relaxed.

STEP TWO
*Breathe down and inward a little deeper, and notice the open quiet space.
*Then breathe into this silent openness… until you feel a kind of settling in.

STEP THREE
*As you breathe in the quietness, allow your awareness to expand upward and inward, including your silent inner heart, deep in your chest.

If you get distracted, or feel any discomfort or tension, come back to the all-important Step One… simply breathing and accepting. Then follow with steps Two and Three.

You may need to practice Step One alone for some time before moving on to the other steps.

As you practice this meditation regularly - at least 10 to 20 minutes a day - accepting will become more familiar, and you will ease more deeply into the quiet and the inner heart.

SIMPLE YET POWERFUL

Acceptance is a gentle deep power. It is the key to becoming free from tension, stress, conflict and self-evaluation in the conditioned mind. Accepting helps us meet our challenges more effectively and feel more enjoyment in our lives. It opens the mind and heart.

Conscious Breathing centers us and calms the mind and nervous system. With consistent practice it can balance our body-minds and align our energies. Through it we may release and heal negative patterns from the past, and open to fuller awareness in the present moment.

Belly Breathing connects us within ourselves in a real way. It can free us from the habit of over-involvement in the excessive thinking of the head mind. It also activates energy from the body center, the hara, for improved health and well-being and it integrates the changes of spiritual awakening.

Silence is the quality of our own true Self. In it we feel the peace of our soul and spirit.

Inner Heart is the pure love for-no-reason that best expresses our spiritual Self. The outer, emotional heart often carries hurt and self-protection, but the inner Heart is always pure and whole. In our deep true Heart we are always safe.

Heart Breathing practice leads to a sense of genuine connectedness within ourselves and with others. This increases our experiences of lightness, sweetness, happiness, beauty and compassion in our true nature.

This is a meditation practice that can also be used during daily activities, keeping a little attention in your breathing within whatever else you might be doing.

Please feel free to ask questions, here or in PM.

blessings
Xan

psychoslice
02-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Hi Xan this lower belly breathing is really good, I have to admit I thought, na, it wonte work but to my suprise it works really well, so please give it a try to anyone who are feeling disconnected, it will bring you back together again lol, well that's how I felt anyhow. Its great to see you again Xan.:hug2:

Soul Searching
02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
So glad to see you back Xan :hug3:

namaste :color:

Xan
02-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks, Soul.

Happy returns to us all... :hug3:

Xan

jorddy
18-10-2010, 03:40 AM
Great meditation, Its actually funny.. Lately (about a week and a half now) while im working out - On the last 2 heavy sets.. I close my mind and think of the actual energy circulating into my belly and while I breath out, i envision the energy cicrulating out from my belly - Much like Step one.

The meditations help very much man, I swear.. Meditation is one of the most powerful things I have come across.

Stay well.
Zack.

Stormweaver
18-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey Zack

Thats sounds great man.. I only just started to do some light weights as well.
Im gonna copy your style if you dont mind, want to see how it feels.

Yeah meditation is awesome. Im not as smooth as others, but when i am just silent for maybe 1-3 seconds at the whole time of about 20 mins, its worth it.

_/\_ Namaste

Soul Searching
19-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Xan :smile:

Hope you are well :hug3:

Just thought I would send you a short post ..... I am still enjoying practicing your "three steps" meditation technique every day, along with the "counting breaths" relaxation meditation.

Many thanks for guiding me down this path .....

namaste

Soul :color:

jorddy
20-10-2010, 02:39 AM
No prob Storm! I hope it works well for you :D

spiritflow
20-10-2010, 08:05 PM
this is excellent.,

my meditation generally just works in a haphazard fashion with no real structure, but then again my "intent" behind doing it is to get myself in a super positive vibrational state which will allow me to manifest my goals.

so being focused and highly intent is my key emphasis in meditation - other things like breathing etc are secondary, though obviously important as well

Xan
20-10-2010, 11:45 PM
spiritflow... If you will go for deep relaxation along with your focus and clear intention, your manifesting work will go even better. This puts you in the creative Alpha state.

This is the benefit of conscious breathing --- focus + relaxing inwardly.

Xan

Xan
20-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi Xan :smile:

Hope you are well :hug3:

Just thought I would send you a short post ..... I am still enjoying practicing your "three steps" meditation technique every day, along with the "counting breaths" relaxation meditation.

Many thanks for guiding me down this path .....

namaste

Soul :color:

Soul... I'm so glad to hear you are being persistent in your meditation practice.

namaste blessings
Xan

Stormweaver
21-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Yo Xan, Do you listen to music when you meditate with this technique ?

Cheers
_/\_

Xan
22-10-2010, 10:44 PM
No, I don't listen to music because that brings one's attention outward. Although music or chanting meditations are valuable at certain times, this particular practice is for going into the inner silence.

Xan

Stormweaver
23-10-2010, 12:26 AM
No, I don't listen to music because that brings one's attention outward. Although music or chanting meditations are valuable at certain times, this particular practice is for going into the inner silence.

Xan

Thanks bro !

Thats why, I was doing it wrong hehehe

_/\_

7luminaries
23-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Xan...this one is so great when I need to be centred again and cannot manage the inner heart med successfully some days...first I come back to this one...which puts it all together...

thank you so much for this :)

Xan
08-11-2010, 11:50 PM
You're very welcome, 7l...

Xan

Erato
09-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Thank you so much for this meditation technique, Xan. In the few days I've been here, I've learned so much from you already! :happy6:

Guard
09-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the post Xan!

vincent
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM
An Excellent technique, If anybody wants to learn exactly how meditation effects the body read the following book:

The Blissful Brain, Neuroscience and the proof of the power of meditation. Dr Shanida Nataraja.

Erato
10-11-2010, 01:52 PM
An Excellent technique, If anybody wants to learn exactly how meditation effects the body read the following book:

The Blissful Brain, Neuroscience and the proof of the power of meditation. Dr Shanida Nataraja.

Thank you for the book recommendation, vincent! I will definitely check it out!

Xan
01-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Bringing this up...

Soul Searching
08-01-2011, 09:49 PM
THREE STEPS

into your true nature

This simple meditation brings you into the quietness of your inner self, your true nature.

Take a few minutes or longer for the first two steps. In fact, you may need to stay with Step One for a few days or even weeks, until you feel ready to move into the quiet.

STEP ONE

If your attention goes back up into your head just bring it down again, accepting and breathing.

Notice your mind slowing down, and continue breathing as you become more relaxed.

STEP TWO

STEP THREE
*As you breathe in the quietness, allow your awareness to expand upward and inward, including your silent inner heart, deep in your chest.

If you get distracted, or feel any discomfort or tension, come back to the all-important Step One… simply breathing and accepting. Then follow with steps Two and Three.

You may need to practice Step One alone for some time before moving on to the other steps.

As you practice this meditation regularly - at least 10 to 20 minutes a day - accepting will become more familiar, and you will ease more deeply into the quiet and the inner heart.

SIMPLE YET POWERFUL

Acceptance is a gentle deep power. It is the key to becoming free from tension, stress, conflict and self-evaluation in the conditioned mind. Accepting helps us meet our challenges more effectively and feel more enjoyment in our lives. It opens the mind and heart.

Conscious Breathing centers us and calms the mind and nervous system. With consistent practice it can balance our body-minds and align our energies. Through it we may release and heal negative patterns from the past, and open to fuller awareness in the present moment.

Belly Breathing connects us within ourselves in a real way. It can free us from the habit of over-involvement in the excessive thinking of the head mind. It also activates energy from the body center, the hara, for improved health and well-being and it integrates the changes of spiritual awakening.

Silence is the quality of our own true Self. In it we feel the peace of our soul and spirit.

Inner Heart is the pure love for-no-reason that best expresses our spiritual Self. The outer, emotional heart often carries hurt and self-protection, but the inner Heart is always pure and whole. In our deep true Heart we are always safe.

Heart Breathing practice leads to a sense of genuine connectedness within ourselves and with others. This increases our experiences of lightness, sweetness, happiness, beauty and compassion in our true nature.

This is a meditation practice that can also be used during daily activities, keeping a little attention in your breathing within whatever else you might be doing.

blessings
Xan

As a relative novice to meditation, I would like to recommend this practice to anyone starting out. It is a simple but very effective method of learning more about your inner self ..... thanks Xan. :hug:

Xan
11-01-2011, 09:52 PM
You're most welcome, Soul.

Oddly enough, the simple methods we need when we are novices are often the same ones we use all the way along. The further we go the simpler it gets, and deeper.

Xan

Xan
24-01-2011, 06:30 AM
bringing this up...

Xan
13-02-2011, 09:39 AM
bringing this up...

Xan
28-03-2011, 07:17 AM
bringing this up...

Xan
07-04-2011, 04:44 AM
and once again...

windwhistle
07-04-2011, 05:50 AM
I really like this...anything simple works for me. I'm going to do it now. I like being able to physically shift from head to belly. Thank you.

Thirteen
08-04-2011, 01:05 AM
This has helped me so much Xan. I was looking for something else today and found this, and for a second I pondered and found this was what I had been doing, and what I needed to do more of.

Felynx
08-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Nice thread!
I do this naturally, but without the breathing technique. Thank you.

Thirteen
10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
^^lucky! :)

Getting closer and closer.

MutedBlue
11-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Thank you for posting this. It will be very helpful to me and necessary, especially because of what is occurring in my life right now.

Xan
12-04-2011, 03:47 AM
You're most welcome, MutedBlue and others.

blessings
Xan

Xan
19-04-2011, 06:34 AM
bringing this up...

S.Daughter
22-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Extremely helpful ^^ Thank you for sharing this. Definitely will give it a whirl.

Xan
17-05-2011, 04:44 AM
bringing this up...

Startingover
17-05-2011, 04:58 AM
THREE STEPS
into your true nature

STEP ONE

STEP TWO

STEP THREE

SIMPLE YET POWERFUL

blessings
Xan

Thank you Xan
I have just started meditating and am enjoying it immensely. Posts like this show me how simple and effective this practice can be.

Sarian
01-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Thank you for continually bringing this up, Xan. I guess this was my time to read. I'm going to print it out. Again, thank you.

LadyVirgoxoxo
01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Is this a good meditation for beginners?

Xan
02-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Yes... this simple meditation is a great place to begin.

And... it is good for going deeper later on.

blessings
Xan

Xan
12-06-2011, 04:31 AM
bringing this up...

moke64916
24-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Love this meditation. Thank you. Any way we can to feel our inner self is great.

angel6m2000
06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
I just got done doing this meditation for the first time, and at first it kinda freaked me out and how easily I got into deep meditation. I felt as though my body was long and lifted, and it was a little overwhelming so I asked my guides to slow it down. I started over and I was eased into it more. I feel so calm and relaxed now. Thank you for showing me this.

Xan
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
You're most welcome, angel

StrandedSnowMonkey
19-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Just wanted to say thanks Xan! :)

I came across this a while back, and will definitely use it more, to go deeper into my meditation.

Natlantic
28-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Hello Xan, I'm new to the forum and I was drawn to your thread.

I'm brand new to meditation, although it's something that I have been thinking about for some time now. I was wondering if this was suitable for someone new to meditation. Having read through the posts, I see that your advice is yes, it is suitable for a beginner. So, today I shall begin! :smile:

Angel247
28-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow, I felt better already just reading it. Powerful!!
Thanks for sharing!!:wink:

Xan
28-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Yes... The practice is suitable for a beginner, and for going deeper as one continues on.

Xan

OldTimer
28-07-2011, 08:05 PM
THREE STEPS
into your true nature

STEP ONE

STEP TWO

STEP THREE

SIMPLE YET POWERFUL

blessings
Xan

Thank you, Xan. This has inspired me to get back to meditating. I always felt so much better. I'm going to use your method.

Xan
28-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Glad to hear it, O.T.

_/\_
namaste

Xan

Maria James
11-08-2011, 10:55 AM
I am glad to know these tips! It really works. Thanks to share this :)

mel
12-08-2011, 02:42 AM
I'm definitely going to try this, thank you!

Two-bit guru
15-09-2011, 10:22 PM
A great technique, clearly and beautifully explained. Thank you!

Xan
15-09-2011, 10:24 PM
You're welcome, Two-bit...

Xan

Xan
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
This simple and effective meditation for awakening one's inner awareness
is my parting gift to all who wish to receive it.

I'm leaving SF now to involve myself in other ways
in the world awakening and transformation.

blessings to all
Xan

LadyVirgoxoxo
11-10-2011, 03:27 PM
:crybaby2: We'll miss you! I enjoyed reading all your posts here! Have a wonderful life and keep guiding people!

Xan
13-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Thank you, Lady Virgo.

Well, it seems I'm not leaving as much as I thought.

This thread and others of mine will remain active.

Xan

mattie
13-10-2011, 01:16 AM

This thread and others of mine will remain active.

Xan

If you are so inclined, listing what you consider your main threads on your Profile page could help others locate them.

There's not allot of room there, but about 8 URLs can be listed w/ titles under 'Spiritual Beliefs.'

Xan
13-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Oh... good idea, Mattie. Thanks.

Xan

Chraeloos
26-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey Xan,

Thank you for sharing this, it has really helped my process of meditation. It's a great one, and for me was pretty simple to implement compared to some others I've tried.

Take care, Namaste
Chrae

Xan
27-04-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm glad to hear it, Chrae.

Xan

Rumar
27-04-2012, 01:31 AM
I've found several forms I tend to go with... True self, Primal self, Savage self.
My True self is what I try my best to keep up and maintained at all times.
My Primal Self I behave more... primal, lol, I react pretty much solely on instinct and will allow that to run wild. I've taken down armies of invading spirits with this form quite a bit quicker than my True self could put the situation to an end. I also find myself somewhat reverting in form as well, more like an ape in comparison to my usual astral form.
My Savage form as I like to call it is as it is... Savage and merciless. It reacts the most violent, this rarely comes out and usually takes form when I lose my temper at some constant threat. It looks different, I like to picture it as a dinosaur but that's because I love dinosaurs so much, it helps a lot when I need it but I have to keep it monitored and moderated.

Xan
27-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Hi Rumar... Your various selves sounds pretty complicated, although it must be quite entertaining.

As for me, I prefer the simplicity of the all-knowing, all-love and all-power of the True Self.

blessings
Xan

shreeshoppe
03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Time and time again we hear the ranting and raving of health professionals about all of the benefits of exercise. Claims have been made that exercise can help everything from your mood to your overall health. Exercise may also help brain function and cognitive development. How in the world can torturing yourself on a treadmill help your brain, you may ask? The research is incredible and the results just might entice you to start using that gym membership you bought two years ago and never used.

CatChild
23-05-2012, 03:47 AM
These are my thoughts,

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_Laguna%20Hills-11.html

Louisa
23-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks for this, Xan. I feel drawn to this meditation and it seems like it could be very helpful. There was a time when I just started doing belly-breathing many years ago and I started feeling so blissful, confident, powerful, and unworried, even when my world around me was kind of falling apart sometimes. Then I lost that track because things became too personally painful. But I think that this meditation goes deeper than what I was doing, because of the later steps. I've been wanting to do some kind of meditation or mantra or something that is meant to open the heart or bring energy to the heart, felt that could help. This is simple, doable, but seems like it could be powerful. Think I'll try it.

Xan
23-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Good going, Louisa. I hope you let us know how the meditation goes for you.

Xan

Louisa
23-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes, I'll let you know. :smile:

Louisa
28-05-2012, 01:48 PM
I've been only feeling like doing the belly breathing, so far, but it has been helping me a lot. I think it's that I don't feel like I believe in my so called higher self, all-embracing heart. I would hate to discover that it doesn't exist the way it "should". Not that there is a real "should", in my opinion, regarding this, except that I want it to be a certain way. I don't think that's the case that I won't be able to be the true self I really want to be, but you know how it is, fears, confusion, overthinking.
I will report further as I do the other steps.

Xan
28-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes... staying with the belly breathing for a while is a good idea, Louisa. I find it helps in so many ways.

A key element in meditation practice is becoming aware of and letting go of preconceptions and expectations, hopes and fears, so you can just be open to what shows up in your pure inner awareness.

Xan