PDA

View Full Version : Scrying.

norseman
31-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Traditionally, a black mirror is used for scrying but I have a notion for you to try.
I recently went a bit mad and replaced my 22inch flat screen TV with a monster 40inch job and it struck me that it is a perfect black mirror. So, give it a try with your own flat screen. Have a single lit candle off to one side and observe the TV screen at the edge of your field of vision.

onetruebeliever
31-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey norseman. I have not ventured into scrying yet. On an empath quiz I took, one of my high scoring results was scrying. What would I see or learn when I do this? I would like to try this when things settle down here. I am such a newbie at all of this.

Quintessence
31-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Interesting suggestion. I'll keep it in mind for those who are fans of the black mirror scrying technique.

Personally, the scrying techniques I use are inherently more flexible than that, so I haven't had any desire to use the black mirror ones.

Neville
01-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Traditionally, a black mirror is used for scrying but I have a notion for you to try.
I recently went a bit mad and replaced my 22inch flat screen TV with a monster 40inch job and it struck me that it is a perfect black mirror. So, give it a try with your own flat screen. Have a single lit candle off to one side and observe the TV screen at the edge of your field of vision.

Thas not as daft as tha souns.

Flat Screen Telly, Scrying , dark mirrors, balls, quartz balls , quartz, quartz crystal. liquid crystal, Liquid Crystal Display, LCD, Flat screen Telly.

Did you already make that connection ? :smile:

norseman
01-06-2012, 07:41 AM
HI Neville. I wish I could say it was a rational chain of thought but it was just a "light bulb" moment :D

OR was it seeing faces on the screen [after a few brandy's :D] and noticing the TV was not on ?:wink:

norseman
01-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Hey norseman. I have not ventured into scrying yet. On an empath quiz I took, one of my high scoring results was scrying. What would I see or learn when I do this? I would like to try this when things settle down here. I am such a newbie at all of this.

This from my Cunning Folk Grimoire

A scrying mirror is usually black. The easiest way to make one is to find a picture frame that you like, take the glass out and paint one side black, then replace the glass with the black on the inside. Sit quietly in a darkened room, lit by a candle which is out of your sight. Look into the mirror. Allow your eyes to relax and become slightly unfocussed. After a little while you should see a mist or smoke forming in the mirror. Let this mist grow and fill the mirror, then visualise it gradually clearing to reveal images within the mirror.
The images you see might not be what you expected. That's OK, don't fight them. Your subconscious mind knows what information you need. Just let the images flow, changing and taking you wherever they choose to go.
Once the scrying mirror has shown you all the images you need, they will begin to fade. Don't just stop the session suddenly, instead reverse the process you used at the beginning. Visualise the mists coming back and covering the images, then receding to return the mirror to its natural state.

The technique would be the same for the TV. Personally, I think the images are from your own sub-conscious but other people think otherwise.

Quintessence
01-06-2012, 06:16 PM
The technique would be the same for the TV. Personally, I think the images are from your own sub-conscious but other people think otherwise.

It depends on the methods you're using, I think. Some scrying techniques focus on inner sight, others on outer sight. A method I learned really is about seeing things with your physical eyes, but the gaps are filled in with the subconscious. One might also classify things like scattering dirt on the floor and interpreting the pattern as scrying, but folks have different ways of classifying the various forms of divination.

onetruebeliever
01-06-2012, 09:52 PM

A scrying mirror is usually black. The easiest way to make one is to find a picture frame that you like, take the glass out and paint one side black, then replace the glass with the black on the inside. Sit quietly in a darkened room, lit by a candle which is out of your sight. Look into the mirror. Allow your eyes to relax and become slightly unfocussed. After a little while you should see a mist or smoke forming in the mirror. Let this mist grow and fill the mirror, then visualise it gradually clearing to reveal images within the mirror.
The images you see might not be what you expected. That's OK, don't fight them. Your subconscious mind knows what information you need. Just let the images flow, changing and taking you wherever they choose to go.
Once the scrying mirror has shown you all the images you need, they will begin to fade. Don't just stop the session suddenly, instead reverse the process you used at the beginning. Visualise the mists coming back and covering the images, then receding to return the mirror to its natural state.

Thanks norseman. I am unclear about something though. Do you start this with the intent of getting a specific answer? Or do you just do it and see what appears? What sorts of things does scrying help with? Is is like asking questions of guides? The only thing I'm able to do at the moment is put my recorder on and see who we get.:cwm21:

Trieah
02-06-2012, 02:03 AM
After a little while you should see a mist or smoke forming in the mirror. Let this mist grow and fill the mirror, then visualise it gradually clearing to reveal images within the mirror.

So is this mist supposed to appear on its own? Or is the scryer supposed to visualize it?

I tried scrying for about two weeks straight, but never seen any mist. With my physical eyes, I did finally get to see one of the colors I see when I close my eyes. But that was the only time I'd seen anything while scrying. Are there any tricks to doing it?

Quintessence
02-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Watch Charming Pixie Flora's video on scrying. Available on YouTube Here (link). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LCsVJ3voV8&feature=plcp) Removes a lot of the arcane mumbo jumbo about doing scrying and presents a practical-minded approach with simple presentation. I went from incompetent to competent in like five minutes after I realized I already knew how to scry, but others' arcane explanations of the phenomena made me think that I didn't.

norseman
02-06-2012, 09:53 AM
So is this mist supposed to appear on its own? Or is the scryer supposed to visualize it?

I tried scrying for about two weeks straight, but never seen any mist. With my physical eyes, I did finally get to see one of the colors I see when I close my eyes. But that was the only time I'd seen anything while scrying. Are there any tricks to doing it?
Trieah, I think the trick is to be passive BUT allow the edge of your field of vision to see what there is to see. I am convinced it is the sub-conscious mind at work. Perhaps a few minutes meditation beforehand to silence the "chattering monkey" :D I would also suggest that it is different for different people. So try a few variations to find what works for you.

norseman
02-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks norseman. I am unclear about something though. Do you start this with the intent of getting a specific answer? Or do you just do it and see what appears? What sorts of things does scrying help with? Is is like asking questions of guides? The only thing I'm able to do at the moment is put my recorder on and see who we get.:cwm21:
onetruebeliever - I think you get what you are given. One thing to think about - I "stride the hedge" and the mirror/black screen could be considered as a portal.

Adrienne
02-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Hi Norsey,

I am confused on the above, I am painting black on one side of the glass ? Then you are talking about looking " into the mirror ". Is the glass I painted black now the mirror? or do I somehow need to add an actual mirror to my picture frame ?

Confused Angel xx

norseman
02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi Norsey,

I am confused on the above, I am painting black on one side of the glass ? Then you are talking about looking " into the mirror ". Is the glass I painted black now the mirror? or do I somehow need to add an actual mirror to my picture frame ?

Confused Angel xx

Correct Dream Angel. The pane of sheet glass painted black on the inside surface is now your Black Mirror. But I am suggesting that your flat screen TV would serve the same purpose while switched off.

Adrienne
02-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you on the black pane of glass/ mirror explanation. Yes, I got the flat screen tv idea, much less work ... very creative !

Sometimes reading your posts I wish I had a little booklet of " Norsey's Wisdom " to refer to, most informative.