PDA

View Full Version : Begin Seeing Clients...How Do I Attract them? Etc

metarealityseeker
30-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I want to start up a small, part time basis, clientele since I received my level II Reiki Attunement and I am very comfortable in the procedures etc. I live in quite the "bible" belt sort of.

I would LOVE any advice on:

How to get my clients (only want 2-3 per week)
How much to Charge for 1/2 hr and 1 hr sessions

ANY other advice if you institute this practice as an income bearing service :)

Thank you SO MUCH in advance.

shadedragon
07-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Personally, I charge nothing (I don't believe others should pay for healthiness) and you can attract clients through many ways (well... depends on what kind you want... if yurt looking for animals, take a look around at local shelters, wildlife, or neighbors, if you want spirits, feel yourself available to others seeking healing and they come naturally, and if you want people, post online at places like craigslist, in your local newspaper, etc.) If you truly want to charge, charge for time and not what you do, some people charge 10-20, others charge 30-40(I can't afford those higher prices anyway.) And for scheduling, just schedule each client accordingly and keep a calender with all the information. Also, if you are seeking further attunement, pm me and I can attune you for level three, and if you want, I can also attune you for some other types of Reiki healing, to add onto what you do :) all for free (how often do you hear that :D)

EmergingPath
26-06-2012, 10:38 PM
I want to start up a small, part time basis, clientele since I received my level II Reiki Attunement and I am very comfortable in the procedures etc. I live in quite the "bible" belt sort of.

I would LOVE any advice on:

How to get my clients (only want 2-3 per week)
How much to Charge for 1/2 hr and 1 hr sessions

ANY other advice if you institute this practice as an income bearing service :)

Thank you SO MUCH in advance.
Hello metarealityseeker!
So, since you mentioned you live in the Bible belt are you concerned about backlash? If so you may be hard pressed to grow your business.

That aspect aside, you have to network and market your self. Go to book stores and grocery stores and pin your business card up or a flyer. If there are any acupuncture, reflexology, Yoga, or tai chi practioniers in your area they sometimes also have a public board or an area where you can post your card. Or ask if you can leave a flyer.

Attend physic fairs and metaphysical workshops

Building an alternative medicine healing business like Reiki is not for the faint of heart. It can be done and it has been done, just don’t expect people to come beat your door down till you get known.

Get on Facebook, get a website, get business cards. You RMT should have had a section on how to set up shop. If not I can send you more info.

Good luck and let us know how it is progressing. Follow your bliss and DON’T GIVE UP!!!

Native spirit
26-06-2012, 10:49 PM
:smile: I am a spiritual Healer i dont charge for that but if you are doing it for a living then money will have to exchange, you need to find out what reiki masters charge because you are level 2 you wont be able to charge the same as them, i do my healing by word of mouth i never advertise what i do.
putting a small ad in a local paper could help.i dont know how you would get on with it as you are in a bible belt,

Namaste

EmergingPath
27-06-2012, 01:34 AM
:smile: I am a spiritual Healer i dont charge for that but if you are doing it for a living then money will have to exchange, you need to find out what reiki masters charge because you are level 2 you wont be able to charge the same as them, i do my healing by word of mouth i never advertise what i do.
putting a small ad in a local paper could help.i dont know how you would get on with it as you are in a bible belt,

Namaste

I get that some dont charge for their services, it's a "calling" or something and that could be seen as admirable. I list prices for all of my services and classes. Those that can afford to pay do pay. I also have donated many classes and Reiki sessions to groups, such as Hospice, and I have "exchanged" classes and services for the promise of them to volunteer x hours at a hospital, communitity project, etc or I have charged them cash.

I do not "need" the money received from these services and in every case that I can ever recall having received cash I have donated it.

And here is the reson: For good or for bad people place a value on what they get. Less value is place on things that are free, more is placed on those that are paid for and even more is placed on those that are earned through volunteering.

If you place no value on what you do no one else will either. You dont have to profit but, in my opinion, you should charge.

If you are doing this as a part time income business then that is great. Regarding the price, it is what the market will bear, typically from $35 to $100 an hour depending upon supply, demand, atmosphere and clientel.

Just my opinion :hug:

Reikichris
27-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Saying that one charges money for the good of the client has nothing to do with healing and more to do with one's stance as a business person. The healing is equally effective whether one charges or not.

love
chris

EmergingPath
27-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Saying that one charges money for the good of the client has nothing to do with healing and more to do with one's stance as a business person. The healing is equally effective whether one charges or not.

love
chris
That is your perspective and one that is not uncommon...

I was speaking from the perspective of a healer and not as a business person. It is my belife that results achieved will be indicative of the clients investment. Their investment in the belief of the treatment. And human nature is such that the more that is invested (time, money or other treasures) the stronger their belief.

This does not preclude providing "free" Reiki, either to friends or at events such as Reiki Circles, etc. but OP was speaking from the perspective of asking about opening a business and not the perspective of the moralality to charge for services

Just my opinon :smile:

Reikichris
28-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Jim,
Yes – I see the point you are making about the clients and the results based on charge, and yes it is my perspective – however I’m not sure charging actually works that way. If I go to a free art gallery do I appreciate the art less than if the same art was in a gallery I was charged an entrance fee for? The charge does not create appreciation – and a charge for reiki does not create belief.
The main issue though is about the business aspect – for in charging for a service one at the very least imply that results will be forthcoming, this creates a tremendous pressure on the practitioner to deliver (does anyone charge by results delivered rather than by treatment?). This pressure means that the practitioner’s reputation is at stake, and this is based on the outcome, and therefore on the client. Perhaps charging screens out the curious or the disbelieving desperate, it tries to only allow the ‘high chance of success’ clients access to treatment, or perhaps it drives the practitioner to impose their intent and needs to become more important than the needs of the client, we move from the client healing themselves facilitated by the practitioner, to enforced changes made to the client by a driven practitioner.

EmergingPath
28-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi Chris,
Good points. IMO the curious and disbelieving can be addressed via free Reiki Circles and Reiki "demo's" at Spiritual workshops, your home, etc.

“The charge does not create appreciation – and a charge for reiki does not create belief”
Agreed, although I could provide a different analogy. In your analogy you physically went to the Art gallery, therefore investing your time out of your day to go there plus the cost of mileage or bus fare, parking, etc. You could also see the same art for free on the internet at much less effort, but the experience might not be as rich nor as appreciated as if you made the effort to go see it in person.

My point is you get out of life what you put into it. We need not beat this horse any further other than to say my personal time is very precious to me. Everything else being equal I will “give” my time, effort and treasures to causes, people and events of those who are “committed” (subjective but tangible). I also provide a percentage of my free time to the curious, uninitiated or worthwhile (subjective) causes .

Having said that, I don’t know why I would disregard them in favor of those who would seek free services of my time and effort yet are not willing to commit their time (volunteering), their effort (learning and growing), or their money. That is what I mean by charging. However, to your point, regardless of if your “charge” is volunteer time or cash or free, Reiki works the same. Its a matter of where and who you choose to place your time and energy.

With respect to your point about pressure, IMO there is no pressure in providing Reiki, or any energy healing modality. Again, regardless of if your “charge” is volunteer time or cash or free, Reiki works the same. The practitioner may put stress on themselves but I have found that experience and time address that, in one way or another, for all Reiki practitioners.