PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian Spirits

RoundTower
27-05-2012, 01:17 AM
They say that if a person takes volcanic rock from the Big Island, they will have all kinds of bad luck. The National Park says they get rocks mailed back from tourists who say they're sorry they took one and they've had awful luck so they send them back. It might be silly or their imagination, but I have never taken one when I've been there on vacation!

Xan
27-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Belief can be very powerful. I have a little piece of Hawaiian lava that I've enjoyed for years.

Xan

shadedragon
27-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Depends on if you ask permission first from the spirits. Often, if rocks are used for specific purposes, their users charms them kn bad luck so the rocks end up always staying or coming back, but if you get permission, the bad luck will lift, and you'll be able to take the rock you want. We had the same problem from an area down the road, with quartz crystal, because some spirits were using them for healing and storing energy purposes, so I got permission from them and my friend was allowed to take a rock home with her that was full of energy :)

Xan
27-05-2012, 01:40 AM
if you get permission

There you go. Now I remember asking Pele.

Xan

Emmalevine
27-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm inclined to go with Xan's view. Some years ago my hubby at the time bought a dragon ornament from a witches shop while on holiday. It was quite large with green crystal eyes. My ex kept it in our attic where he composed a lot of his music. It never bothered me and didn't him either until one day his mum went up there and totally freaked out saying the dragon was evil and we shouldn't keep it. It put my ex right on edge and from then on everything negative that happened to him was put down to the dragon. He developed 'musician' block' and that was the dragon too. Eventually he got rid of it...bit of a shame really.