PDA

View Full Version : Be your own medium

Divine Energy
25-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Hello to one and all, http://www.divineenergy.ca/forum/Smileys/classic/grin.gif

I know a good friend of mine has made reference to this many times, but (I believe) it couldn't be more true. It's far better to learn how to access your own inner guidance and intuition than to give your power over to others in an attempt to find your truth. It's akin to asking somebody to go to the toilet for you - well, not quite lol, but you get the point..

I remember visiting two psychics/mediums last year and coming away feeling disappointed, unsettled and confused. I wouldn't normally seek out readings this frequently, but found myself at two psychic fairs and thought, oh well, what the heck. LOL

I find that some psychics and mediums will place themselves in the public domain before they are ready, and quite frankly this can cause havoc!
It's also worth considering that some sensitives offering readings maybe 'operating' from a lower chakra than you and should that be the case, it calls into question the point of such an exercise.

I would love to hear others' accounts of psychics or mediums: how did you find the experience? Did it leave you feeling positive and hopeful for the future, as a good reading should, or did you come away feeling more confused than before you started? Do you believe that you have the ability/potential to contact the spirit world?

Best wishes,

Danny

cosmic
25-05-2007, 08:10 AM
ooh Danny, lovely topic. :D

I've had many, many (too many in fact) readings... :rolleyes:

Like Merlin, I've gone to a medium once and been blown away by the experience, then gone back (years later) and felt it was nothing more than a half hours entertainment I could have got for free if I stayed home and watched telly.

For eg. this one guy actually communicated with my deceased (and estranged) father and I had HEAPS of unresolved issues. It was such a worthwhile experience for me at the time. These days when I see him (his waiting list is over one year), he touches the back of photos and tells you what's in them. Says things like "your mum's getting a wild new hair cut", "the person in this photo walks a bit funny".. well yeah it's true and that's amazing that you can tell that without looking at the photo but um.. BIG DEAL!! How did it enrich my life? Not at all. It's like a sideshow attraction, nothing more.

I HATE when I go to a medium and they give me their personal opinion about stuff. Like the one who said to me when I asked about my business "oh Life Coaching? Well people just aren't ready for that yet.. you're ahead of your time blah blah blah", then told me the development course I was doing was **** and that I should start her classes instead. :icon_eek:

The really good ones I think are not only spot on with their information, they tell you what you you need at the time to help guide you to the next level, or through a difficult time on your journey.

Well, I've rambled enough.. :redface:

But I do agree - we give our power away. I know I'm very guilty of it. If I get a reading I'm not sure about, I'll go hunting for another one to confirm or deny. It's tragic really. I have all this stuff available to me and I trust others before myself/my guides.

elaine
25-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Hello DE,
I have have very positive outcomes of the medium that I have seen. I had gone to her looking for answers to all the questions going round in my head. She immediatly made me feel at ease and we seemed like old friends having a chat over a cuppa.

She told me alot about myself, and yes , some of it was"nt what I wanted to hear nevertheless, but spot on. It"s made me see things in a dirrerent light, and I would trust her totally, as the info was stuff that only I knew and had never discussed it with anyone.

I guess that I am in a training period at the moment myself and know that I have off days too, she has said this to me only yesterday that she felt drained with all the spirit activity too.

Guess I am lucky to have had such a possitive response.

love elaine x :hug3:

Jenfra
25-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Hi

I've seen 4 mediums and 3 were very good, giving me much comfort and many answers. The other one was more interested in telling my fortune lol, though she did say some true stuff.

Strangely (or maybe not) the last one seemed far more interested in dealing with 'now' rather than past or future. Though she brought through loved ones she was extremely astute at was going on in my present and gave some wonderful advice and help.

As to being my own medium. Well, I do recieve messages/intuitions. Trouble is I never seem quite able to trust myself. Which is why I go to others. It's hard to believe what you sense yourself as you often hear what you want to. So is it true or wishful thinking???

I shall continue to learn for myself, but also continue with outside help, just to be sure. ( I guess, deep down, I'm a bit sceptical lol)

As to 'giving my power away', I don't feel I do. I've always felt more peaceful after a reading, happier and more hopeful. I guess it's like everything on this journey, take what feels right and leave the rest behind.

Jen xx