PDA

View Full Version : Medicine Bag

Angelz
21-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Recently, I have received the message from my Spirit Guide and Angels that creating a medicine bag of sorts to carry with me daily will help me greatly with manifestations and focusing on what I currently want in life. I have been told it will help me stay positive and focused. I am looking for ideas of what to put into this bag and though I have researched Native Americans extensively for many years I know there is much I don't know. Currently, this is what I have come up with for the bag:

1. Pictures representing manifestations/goals
2. Essential Oil bottle with a blend of oils representing these things
3. Crystals

If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them.
Thanks!

Sybilline
21-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Hi Angelz!

I am not Native American and only ever so slightly familiar with their spiritual beliefs but your post caught my attention so I looked around and I found this website:
http://www.ofspirit.com/maggiewahls2.htm

It says generally your medicine bag should have items that:
1. help you heal
2. bring you protection
3. connect you with your guides or angels

Sounds very interesting! I should try it. Thank you :)

alycia
21-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Your bag contents sound similar to mine. I say follow what your intuition tells you. You will also find yourself adding things every now and again, and sometimes removing things that no longer have its uses. Things will pop up that need to be put in there if need be--like a feather, for example, or an oddly shaped stone that seems to grab your attn and ask you to pick it up. You will know, just listen.

Native spirit
21-05-2012, 10:02 PM
The medicine bag should contain items personal to yourself, etc photos soil from a specialplace , lock of hair anything that is personal to yourself.when you no longer need the items you can change them.

Namaste

Angelz
23-05-2012, 03:02 AM
Thank you very much! This has given me some more ideas! Though I don't wear it around my neck but I do carry it with me in my pocket every day! Thank you for taking the time to find that website.

Hi Angelz!

I am not Native American and only ever so slightly familiar with their spiritual beliefs but your post caught my attention so I looked around and I found this website:
http://www.ofspirit.com/maggiewahls2.htm

It says generally your medicine bag should have items that:
1. help you heal
2. bring you protection
3. connect you with your guides or angels

Sounds very interesting! I should try it. Thank you :)

Angelz
23-05-2012, 03:03 AM
Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer me.

Wisa'ka
05-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Recently, I have received the message from my Spirit Guide and Angels that creating a medicine bag of sorts to carry with me daily will help me greatly with manifestations and focusing on what I currently want in life. I have been told it will help me stay positive and focused. I am looking for ideas of what to put into this bag and though I have researched Native Americans extensively for many years I know there is much I don't know. Currently, this is what I have come up with for the bag:

1. Pictures representing manifestations/goals
2. Essential Oil bottle with a blend of oils representing these things
3. Crystals

If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them.
Thanks!

You mean your spirit guide wouldn't help you and you're asking us ?

I am an American Indian and this has me simply flabbergasted.

What you contain in your medicine bundle shouldn't be randomly shared with just anyone. It's not like a scrapbook.

How many times must I stress this point ?

Perhaps what your are speaking of has nothing to do with American Indian spirituality.

Wisa'ka
05-06-2012, 01:34 AM
The medicine bag should contain items personal to yourself, etc photos soil from a specialplace , lock of hair anything that is personal to yourself.when you no longer need the items you can change them.

Namaste

You got that right.