PDA

View Full Version : Learning Distant healing?

NetSeeker
16-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I want to give back to the community of this forum as I've had several readings done. Even though I'd love to return the favor I feel that offering readings is not for me.
One of the ways I wanted to give back is by offering healing to those who post in the 'Healing request' section.

Usually I visualize sending them energy from my heart chakra and sometimes it feels strong but I have no way of telling if it's having any effect.

Is there some way I could learn how to do this effectively? Is it helping at all? :D

Henri77
16-05-2012, 06:25 PM
I'd heard about a study done on healers, by a renowned teacher.
They found a way to electronically display where a healer was focused while they were working on a client.
100% of them were focused in their heart ....as they channeled but didn't control the process. Your best teacher is already within you, I'd guess.

Quagmire
16-05-2012, 06:38 PM
The best way to find out if it helps is to ask for feedback. Also; doubt is a very good way to block your abilities, so the best way to gain success is to trust that what you do is true.

Haoma
16-05-2012, 08:19 PM
The effect that you're after can be known in the awareness of the connection you have with the patient, not in terms of mental/emotional sensing, but at a much deeper level, a strong knowing.

Native spirit
16-05-2012, 10:26 PM
:smile: Have faith in your own abilities dont doubt that the healing you give is to help the person recieving the healing, if i do it i ask them to sit in a chair at a particular time, then i focus my energies on them at the given time,

Namaste

innerlight
16-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Is there some way I could learn how to do this effectively? Is it helping at all? :D

Practice. The more you practice the more you will get into a rhythm of trusting yourself in sending out energies.

There are physical tools you can use if you want to such as pictures of the person you are sending healing to, or even writing their name on a piece of paper and holding it in your hands.

You could also use a stuffed teddy bear to help focus your healing if you need something to be more hands on.

Then from there feedback will help you get more comfortable with yourself and what you are doing.

Another good thing to do is have a notebook with you to write down any impression you get. No matter how small they are. Giving the recipient any impressions can help you build confidence and open yourself up more to trusting your intuition.

And as always, have fun with it. If you are not having fun with it you will get bored with it and give up on it.

morning_star222
16-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I focus my attention in my heart chakra - I am a level 2 Reiki Healer as well that has learned to give Distance Reiki. I imagine that I'm there with them, giving them healing energies, sometimes I imagine the part of them that needs healing - physically, mentally or emotionally. I sent Reiki to a friend of mine who was in the hospital because her bladder stopped working. After I sent her Reiki she messaged me asking what I had done, because everything started working again, with no infection or anything.
If you believe that you can heal, you CAN. :D

NetSeeker
17-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Hmm all goof food for thought. I'll just see what I can apply to myself that'll work best for me. Writing down impressions sounds like a good thing to start with. Don't think I'll be asking people to do things at certain times seeing as to how most people here are in different time zones to myself and I'd have quite a time trying to figure out what time it is over there :D

Thanks everyone! I'll just keep practicing and believing it's helping.

OceanSoul
17-05-2012, 11:17 AM
I'd like to say that the main thing with healing is focus. For me sometimes I use my hands or visualize, but much like in hands on healing..I never heal the same way. I tend to link in with the person needing healing and see where I'm drawn to and just allow my guides to work with me in the way they feel is best.

Any healing energy you send will be received and make a difference, so please never doubt that. xxx