PDA

View Full Version : Evolution and aliens.

HeavenlyKevinly
15-05-2012, 05:30 PM
The human species has been slowly evolving into more advanced states of consciousness. just a thought, when you imagine what a typical alien looks like, the mutual understanding comes to mind of a mid western farmer describing an alien as " A big ole head and some real big ole eyes with grey skin and skinny limbs, and hairless." Now the thought is, when you look at our species evolutionary time-line, I picture the spark of our human progression as strong hairy ape with a relatively smaller head than ours (possibly with magic mushrooms stuck in its teeth) the next textbook check point would be envisioned as a slightly less hairy ape walking upright with a hunch over its back, increase in the size of the cranium and slightly skinnier. the next checkpoint I would assume resembles neanderthals in which we begin to see similar facial structures and hair placement, a very notable increase in cranium size, where the capability to plan ahead and use of tools etc. come into play, resulting in muscle loss. lets just skip to our current stage. we have distinct hair placement, we are very much aware of our surroundings and identity, our tools have become unfathomably advanced compared to even just a few hundred years ago, we are much skinnier then our previous ancestors physical appearance, and out craniums are again, notably elongated. now remember what our thought of what aliens appear to look like? Bigger heads, no need to assert ones self physically by this stage, no hair, and much more advanced then us, in the same way we are to previous stages in evolution. so my thought comes down to, do you think that the typical mainstream alien appearance could actually be us but in a further evolutionary stage?

On a side note. wouldn't our idea of what an alien looks like, mean that the aliens species evolved from an ape like creature as well? what are the odds of that happening?

-Open discussion

Henri77
16-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Well your speculation seems sound to me.
They have no need to wrestle steers, chase prey or fell trees.
And likely have no natural predators to fight off, escape from.

No fashion industry either, I'd wager. Nor western movies.

Evolutionary path is anyones guess, however. But I've heard a couple theories-tales.

There's quite a lot of info online, on varied races, but I question the accuracy of much of it.

Arcturus
20-05-2012, 12:09 PM
yeah i've pondered similar before. i think we are evolving at a rapid rate at the moment and the difference can even be noted physically from one generation to the next. i believe darwins thoughts only paint part of the picture in that yes, we grow to our surroundings and needs, but it doesn't leave space for spurts or jumps. i also heard an interesting notion once that humans have always been fully ievolved. in the beginning we were fire beings, also we have been water/mist like beings during atlantis...at present we are physical beings to correspond with the element of earth. next we will be air beings and thats partly why music is very important, apparently.

Chrysaetos
20-05-2012, 12:27 PM
On a side note. wouldn't our idea of what an alien looks like, mean that the aliens species evolved from an ape like creature as well? what are the odds of that happening? Like 0.0000000000000001 %..

trappedinabody
20-05-2012, 09:53 PM
i heard a theory once that said something like this... perhaps "aliens" are human time travelers from the future!

HeavenlyKevinly
21-05-2012, 04:00 PM
i heard a theory once that said something like this... perhaps "aliens" are human time travelers from the future!

It would make sense, as to why we haven't made contact yet since it would bring a poo storm of time paradoxes. The famous flying disc could just be a time warp machine. :happy7:

trappedinabody
22-05-2012, 06:28 PM
It would make sense, as to why we haven't made contact yet since it would bring a poo storm of time paradoxes. The famous flying disc could just be a time warp machine. :happy7:

but the question of why they would be coming back in the first place remains

HeavenlyKevinly
23-05-2012, 11:35 PM
but the question of why they would be coming back in the first place remains

possibly an education road trip for future schools to learn about history? or maybe just to come back to plant a seed that would eventually lead up to certain inventions in the future? Who knows there could be an infinite number of reasons. maybe its just a vacation for people of the future since maybe we polluted the earth to much and only a select few may travel to the past to enjoy the clean earth, and experience the remaining untouched parts of the world. anyone else have an idea?

xebiche
30-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Every time I post I feel like you people NEVER listen.

I have been on forums for 2 years ENLIGHTENING you people.

So few of you listen,

Even less learn anything

Why are you here - to see yourselves chat and posts words.

Or is it to learn.

Convince me you are genuinely curious about your question and maybe I will answer it for you.

HeavenlyKevinly
30-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Every time I post I feel like you people NEVER listen.

I have been on forums for 2 years ENLIGHTENING you people.

So few of you listen,

Even less learn anything

Why are you here - to see yourselves chat and posts words.

Or is it to learn.

Convince me you are genuinely curious about your question and maybe I will answer it for you.

I just joined this site so I have absolutely no idea who you are xebiche, and that's great that you have experience, but I just wanted to initiate an open discussion on the worlds mainstream image of what a physical alien looks like and how they compare to us, or other logical thoughts of what aliens could be. I am here to learn but I don't care for your 'superior' opinion any more so, than any other opinion on this website. All we can do is come up with good ideas among each other and that is the founding purpose of this post. If you feel like you have something knowledgeable to share then by all means, I would love to read what you have to say.