PDA

View Full Version : Meditation suggestions

chadley
21-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Recently, I was asked by a forum member for some advice on how to meditate. Below is my response:

The important thing to remember with meditation is to go into it without expectations. Every single person experiences the divine uniquely. For example, many people hear of psychics seeing visions or healers seeing energy or what have you and are left frustrated when they attempt to "create" the same experience in meditation. You cannot recreate another persons experience. You must have your own experience. Many people "try" to hard to make something happen. The key is to "allow". Remember that the universal flow of spirit, energy and consciousness flows effortlessly. One does not need to go get it, it wants to come to you. Be patient with yourself, as guru Yogananda says, "no meditation is a wasted meditation", meaning there is progress always made even if it is not evident to your conscious mind. Keep it up and you will have success eventually. There is a reason for this and that is that when the intention is made by the conscious mind to seek god through meditation, the universal response takes time to trickle down into the physical. the more you meditate, the faster the divine response will be, but you must be patient. Pay attention for anything that comes from within, again, without expectation, and then you will learn how god speaks to you individually. Once you discover your unique way of communicating to god you can then harness that ability so that the messages are clear and the intended results of meditation come to manifest.

Chadley.

Adrienne
21-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Hi Chadley,

An excellent idea for a post.
Thank you for sharing your advice on how to meditate and for explaining it in a way that makes it easy to understand.

I think you have said it exactly - when you say "The important thing to remember with meditation is to go into it without expectations." and also "Many people "try" to hard to make something happen. The key is to "allow". I can identify with the first part, "the expectations" . It is not easy to do, when you hear of others experiences . Also the next sentence, I can identify with the first part "the trying" and I am working on the second part," the allowing" . I think we want to have immediate success and must first learn to relax and just let the messages appear when they are ready, or when we are ready for the messages.

tiltjlp
21-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Good information Chadley. I'm going to copy your post and add it to my Basic Meditation Primer thread.

John