PDA

View Full Version : Acne scars/discoloration

CarmaellaElia
06-05-2012, 01:08 AM
I would like something natural to help my discoloration and scars all over my face. I hardly get any acne now, for the most part my face is clear and I have medication from a dermatologist already. Right now I'm just using Vitamin E oil.

Xan
06-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Carmaella... I use a face cream that I make up myself from coconut oil and aloe vera gel... 1/4 to 3/4.

Over time even old acne scars on my face and redness have faded away.

Xan

CharlotteSometimes
06-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Make sure that you are moisturizing and exfoliating on a regular basis. ESPECIALLY the exfoliating. It stimulates the skin and allows for new cell growth to replace the damage.

emilyhoney
26-05-2013, 06:20 PM
try the pomegranate & sea buckthorn serum from evan healy :)

Teal
26-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Use a baby wash clothe when cleansing. It is gentle. I have hear leaving aloe on your face can help.

jenriggs
30-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Hi,

I heard applying lemon juice to scars and disclorations helps clear and lighten them up. It takes a few weeks or so, plus, it is alos extremely good for your skin. No wonder they put it in the skin discoloration creams. Probably best to use a fresh squeezed lemon. Better yet, drink lemon water and rub the leftover on you face. I have heard people that got great results from lemon.

Cosmical
21-06-2013, 11:40 AM
I've heard coconut oil for acne scars works wonders! It contains both vit E, lauric, caprylic and capric acid which both helps to diminish scars and prevent new ones from forming. Just apply once or twice a day. Coconut oil is good for soo much!

waterlily92
06-07-2013, 01:20 PM
This is great! Thank-you all!

emilyhoney
23-07-2013, 06:35 AM
hi! i have been using a new product for about 6 weeks and just had to share with you. it's the korres wild rose sleeping facial. it's all natural and the company does not test on animals.
i am not even halfway done with my jar, you only need a little bit. i have been using it every night with amazing results - my discoloration has faded at least 50-60% in the past 6 weeks. also it smells amazing. i highly recommend it!

pathfinder
04-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Vit.C is what helps- you can get it in a powdered form and simple mix a small amount into a normal cream. When it turns orange you have to turf it out- so use it! If it burns alarmingly you are adding too much- decrease until it feels fine. It really does heal the scars and evens the skin tone.

FruitLoop
04-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Coconut is nice, so is jojoba oil - it's very balancing for all skin types. I reduced my scarring with good old fashioned Vitamin E, but I think the massage helped as much as the oil for breaking down the scar tissues. Avocado oil is very rich in vitamins and good if the skin is dry. You can also use carrier oils to make salt scrubs too, which are exfoliating but won't dry the skin out like conventional shelf products can.

Vegan Vincent
24-08-2014, 12:24 PM
I used organic castor oil to good effect on scars and also stretchmarks. Helichrysum essential oil is supposed to work well for scars, although i've never tried it.

philp5787
15-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Mix one teaspoon turmeric powder with half teaspoon honey and apply it on acne or whole face, it works. Don't touch acne again & again.

Awakened Queen
19-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Mix one teaspoon turmeric powder with half teaspoon honey and apply it on acne or whole face, it works. Don't touch acne again & again.

Turmeric has unbelievable healing properties. It cured my mom's Staph infection within a few days. That powder is like magic.

Coconut oil is awesome for your skin. Use apple cider vinegar as a toner. They say it's good for acne scars.

MIND POWER
23-09-2014, 12:47 AM
Hemp Oil.

Make some MSM lotion.

BriarRose
23-09-2014, 08:16 PM
There's an inexpensive device called a "Derma Roller". It is often used for acne scarring, followed by a soothing cream. I just bought one from Amazon, but I am using the roller for another purpose. It would be worth looking at the device, reading the directions, and giving it some consideration. Dermatologists use a similar technique, but charge a lot of money for the treatments. Good Wishes!