PDA

View Full Version : Discipline

Pegasus
03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I have a little problem - I guess it could come under any of these subject headings, but as I am currently training to be a better Healer, I have put it in this one :smile:

I find I am not diciplined enough to sit and meditate/ practice healing etc etc...

How can I overcome this? I guess it would be easy if I could set aside some time each day, at the same time, but this would prove difficult at the moment as I currently work to a shift pattern.

Can anyone offer any sugegstions please?

thank you x

Enya
03-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Just fix the intent that you will become more disciplined and apply it to what you do... Since you know your shift patterns, then set aside some time before you begin each shift to meditate or self-heal.

innerlight
03-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Hi,

I have a little problem - I guess it could come under any of these subject headings, but as I am currently training to be a better Healer, I have put it in this one :smile:

I find I am not diciplined enough to sit and meditate/ practice healing etc etc...

How can I overcome this? I guess it would be easy if I could set aside some time each day, at the same time, but this would prove difficult at the moment as I currently work to a shift pattern.

Can anyone offer any sugegstions please?

thank you x

My first question would be why are you forcing yourself to meditate / practice healing? From my expeirneces I have learned that if I force myself to do something I will not enjoy it, and will find ways/excuses not to do it. I have found when I reach a place where I want to truly doing it I find that I am able to do it. The more I force it the further away from me it goes.

Henri77
04-05-2012, 03:44 AM
OK
Might I suggest you pray for someone-whomever after meditation, whenever you actually do this.
Deep prayer IS healing, and requires no specific technique... as it's not YOU who does healing anyway.
It's a good way to begin-learn. Just ask your heart what to say, mentally.

(you can do this anytime you're still, at peace, as well)

this is one alternative to consider

Pegasus
05-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Thank You

I did not actually see it as 'forcing' myself - but maybe I am :icon_frown:

I guess I have quite a busy day from getting up in the morning to going to bed and I can't seem to set time aside to sit quietly - I always feel I should be doing something else: housework, spending time with partner, cooking meal etc....

Quagmire
05-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I find that I can not settle when I try to meditate and I have found out that it had something to do with an imbalance in my root chakra. So have you tried to look at your chakras to see if there is something there that keep you from meditating? Though I will say that for myself I am unlocking my skills quite well without meditating, so just remember that there are many ways to reach the same goal.

Pegasus
05-05-2012, 01:57 PM
thank you :smile:

nama_adrift
06-05-2012, 05:38 AM
i think i am in a similar boat as you. a few steps i took to help with this was to change my availability at work so that i only work between certain hours (my schedule was jumping around from 430am opens to 11pm closes). also, instead of telling myself oh i have to meditate! i just take 5 minutes in the morning before i leave and 5 minutes in the evening before bed and have quiet time. sometimes i meditate, sometimes i fall asleep, sometimes i just sit and anxiously stare at the clock or go over what i need to do that day. i would like to be "better" at being focused, but, as i am reminded of everyday, you can't just jump from square one to the "finish line". i find that when i have a "successful" meditation giving myself a pat on the back so to speak provides some good positive reinforcement. also, i set aside a space specifically for meditation. i dont always use it, but it was an outward gesture demonstrating what i want to be important in my life. it also serves as a good reminder.