PDA

View Full Version : Green tea

Magdalena
03-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Green tea helps in burn fat and boosts metabolism,
The recent study reported that
3 – 5 cups of green tea per day can help you burn more than 70 calories per day...

primrose
04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
I did'nt know that, though I don't have a weight problem, I've been drinking that much green tea for years.

Haoma
05-05-2012, 05:07 PM
3-5 cups seems to be quite a lot, no? I suffice on two. I also drink chamomile, and occasionally mint.

Rena
06-05-2012, 01:39 AM
i drink hot green tea every morning..........but I only drink one cup a day.....

I agree Haoma, too much caffeine is not good for you!

I also love my herb teas!!!

Henri77
07-05-2012, 06:08 PM
What are thoughts regarding fluoride levels of green tea?

I've been buying distilled water instead of spring water lately, and discovered fluoride in teas is a factor if one wants to reduce fluoride intake.

Specially if one drinks 6-10 cups daily, as often recommended. I understand the "quality" of tea is a factor in it's fluoride content.

I'm sticking with coffee early in day and green & black tea at evenings at the moment.

nama_adrift
07-05-2012, 06:18 PM
i didnt realize there was fluoride in green tea? is there anywhere you can go to look up which teas (brands) have the least/ most fluoride content? or is there another way to find out?

Haoma
07-05-2012, 06:22 PM
My tea brand of choice is Choice Organic Teas (http://www.choiceorganicteas.com/whyorganic.php).

I use spring water personally.

Henri77
07-05-2012, 06:28 PM
http://www.heavenoftea.com/typesoftea/greenteas/green-tea-and-fluoride/

I researched and this is just one source I found. As a psychic seeker, fluoride is a concern that I can't ignore.

Some feel that concentrated inorganic minerals in spring water is not benificial.
I'll add a link to that info....

Henri77
07-05-2012, 06:41 PM
This discussion & link is quite interesting , and challenges the idea that inorganic minerals in spring water is benificial.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34736

2 hr interview but rather revolutionary , rarely discussed info about water in our body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_msWtSljFQw&list=PLEBF6D6A572BC45B3&index=32&feature=plpp_video

Haoma
07-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks Henri. Nice info. Interesting that the Japanese grown teas have less fluoride than the Chinese, due to soil content.

As per filtered water, remember too that Brita filters and the like do not remove fluoride.

This is the toothpaste I use: http://www.jason-natural.com/product/078522015109 and also use their peppermint mouthwash.

Henri77
07-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks Henri. Nice info. Interesting that the Japanese grown teas have less fluoride than the Chinese, due to soil content.

As per filtered water, remember too that Brita filters and the like do not remove fluoride.

This is the toothpaste I use: http://www.jason-natural.com/product/078522015109 and also use their peppermint mouthwash.

Thanx , I've used a Brita for years, for tea/coffee only, but have abandoned that entirely, lately and strictly use bottled for all consumation & cooking.
Locally. bottled, steam distilled is about a dollar a gallon, and that's quite affordable.

Yeah I was looking for non fluoride toothpaste just recently, thanx.

Urine therapy is really more common than I expected and lots of info is online (discussed in video) A highly respected ChiGong master I'd heard of is an advocate.

He suggests a gallon a day... distilled... (in video)
It's time I drank lots more water, and now I have reason to.

I don't drink lots of tea but this tea info WAS revealing, As I never suspected this.

Henri77
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
He paints a strong case about distilled water consumption purifying the body, and the video has quite a lot of info.

Newfreedom9
08-05-2012, 02:26 AM
I was going to say the same thing about the floride. I would say that the first article Henri77 posted has some good info, but I've been doing research on floride and I would say no amount is good for you. Did you know they added it to the water in Nazi concentration camps to make the people more docile? Sometimes it seems like were being treated like a bunch of lab rats. :cwm21:

I've been using baking soda (with peppermint oil sometimes) for toothpaste for a while now. I think it's just as good as toothpaste, way cheaper and better for you.

Henri77
08-05-2012, 04:39 AM
I was going to say the same thing about the floride. I would say that the first article Henri77 posted has some good info, but I've been doing research on floride and I would say no amount is good for you. Did you know they added it to the water in Nazi concentration camps to make the people more docile? Sometimes it seems like were being treated like a bunch of lab rats. :cwm21:

I've been using baking soda (with peppermint oil sometimes) for toothpaste for a while now. I think it's just as good as toothpaste, way cheaper and better for you.

Well it's an industrial waste product ,as I understand, that somehow got promoted as beneficial and makes untold millions by eliminating the need to safely dispose of it (Well, I'd heard is was used to sterilize prisoners , by Nazi's)
And yes, is an effective rat-insect poison.

Both the UN and WHO seek to reduce the world population significantly, by whatever means necessary ...so I've heard.... so this isn't too surprising.
A docile and unaware population makes the govt's job much simpler.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but there's so much evidence, one can't ignore it.

Rin
08-05-2012, 06:24 AM
He paints a strong case about distilled water consumption purifying the body, and the video has quite a lot of info.
Purifying, maybe, but in what way?
Some vital chemicals, minerals, vitamins, etc may have a better affinity to distilled water than the body tissue. I don't know which ones they are but AFAIU this will result in the body leaching these components and eventually developing health problems.

Henri77
08-05-2012, 08:18 PM
As I understand, this isn't entirely true.

Pure distilled water will attract-flush inorganic minerals (which that body cannot utilize anyway) but does NOT leach-remove organic minerals.....can't explain the physics here, but it's documented.
The minerals in spring water largely cannot be used by the body, as I understand.

Rainwater is effectively distilled water.

Anyway do some research if you like.

We all know water flushes the body of toxins. Well technically the liver& kidney removes toxins, but requires adequate water to function optimally.
Yes water flushes excess vitamins & hormones (any water) but that's another topic that urine therapy addresses.

And also distilled water is used for kidney dialysis for this reason.. as it purifies the blood.

I know very little about chemistry-biology
but have researched this enough to try it.

I'm just passing this along. Research it if it seems interesting or ignore this if not. If not selling the concept but it seems to make sense to me, and worth trying.

One will find scientific advocates of this as well as opponents.... like any topic.

Newfreedom9
08-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Well it's an industrial waste product ,as I understand, that somehow got promoted as beneficial and makes untold millions by eliminating the need to safely dispose of it (Well, I'd heard is was used to sterilize prisoners , by Nazi's)
And yes, is an effective rat-insect poison.

Both the UN and WHO seek to reduce the world population significantly, by whatever means necessary ...so I've heard.... so this isn't too surprising.
A docile and unaware population makes the govt's job much simpler.

I'm not a conspiracy nut, but there's so much evidence, one can't ignore it.

Yes I totally agree with you.

Fergal
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Green tea is good not only for the fat burning and metabolism but also for the heart health.
It controls the cholesterol level and prevent from the heart strokes.
Heart patients should drink at least 2 cups of green tea daily.

Courtney
17-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Yes, green tea is VERY good for you. The only thing I drink is ice water and green tea. Ice water is good for weight loss as well because it cools down your body, forcing your body to build energy and burn extra calories to warm it up.

Sonia84
19-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Green tea helps in burn fat and boosts metabolism,
The recent study reported that
3 – 5 cups of green tea per day can help you burn more than 70 calories per day...
Yeah you are completely right. Green Tea is so useful to loose weight and :clock:

Niebla0007
20-03-2013, 03:05 AM
Hello! Sonia,

It's a far better alternative than drinking a few cups of coffee a day,
& at least, it doesn't taste barky,
I find it very nice & refreshing as an Iced Green Tea with a slice of orange on the side.

Louisa
20-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I just thought I would mention that green tea seems to trigger some allergy/sensitivity in me, especially if I have more than a cup or so. I read recently that tea is often adulterated with grass clippings. Lawn treatment chemicals are quite toxic and not meant for consumption, so this is worrisome. I don't know how much of a problem this is, but I thought I'd mention it. I didn't realize the green tea was what was making me feel bad, but when I stopped drinking it, I felt better. But I am sensitive to many chemicals and food allergens more than most, it might not bother others.

Berry
21-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks, Louisa, for bringing up the issue of food fraud. I just read some articles on tea mixed with grass and fern clippings. My son will sometimes get skin rashes and hives from rolling on the grass. I can't imagine what would happen if he ingests the teas which thank goodness he has no interest in right now.

Louisa
22-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Hi Berry. I always like to tell people about these things, but many people don't want to know, because either they don't believe or they're too overwhelmed by all the things they might have to worry about (and I understand that too, sometimes sources contradict one another and it seems like every last thing is contaminated and who knows which contaminants are wors(e/t)... lol Many chemicals haven't been studied enough to really say). My life has been transformed by these kinds of information and for the first 20 years of my life I never knew why I had so many health problems or that I could even do anything about it. Never heard of chemical sensitivities. A serendipitous environmental sociology class informed and made me paranoid too. lol In a good way.

But I do like sharing this kind of info online on forums and such. There its easier to take it or leave it. I find it very useful, and when I track my symptoms I often find that I feel much better after removing such types of things from my diet (but there are exceptions). Sadly, so much is unregulated or self-regulated by the industries, so there can be conflicts of interest. (often worse regulated in third world countries, no surprise) Chemicals are often used before being tested adequately, or at all. Since I am somewhat sensitive and allergic to many things, I am always finding myself feeling out of it or achy or lethargic, even when I eat things that are supposed to be healthy, so I'm always trying to weed through the possible things that might be bothering me and look for more information about it. It is continual and slow progress, and since so much is poorly regulated, I am not sure I'll ever get it all in balance, but over the years, my health has greatly improved due to this effort and experimentation.

Here is a site that the article I read referenced. You can search for a given food or an adulterant. (The article that I read a little while ago was from msn)

http://www.foodfraud.org/

Berry
22-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Great site Louisa! :hug3: I'm finding myself following your footsteps.

Louisa
22-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Good luck to you! It is sometimes time-consuming and slow, but it is so worthwhile to detoxify one's lifestyle and diet, if one has sensitivities or allergies. I have found many sites and books that helped me over the years. Maybe I'll post more of them sometime. Now most of it I've incorporated into my lifestyle, but I'm always learning something new about this subject.

Kenneath
22-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Hi Magdalena,
Green tea not only helps in losing weight by burning fat and boosting metabolism but also improve immunity system and reduce the risk of diabetes, influenza, Alzheimer disease and rheumatoid arthritis. Green tea prevents aging also and promotes healthy nails, hair and skin.

LibbyScorp
28-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Wow, I learned so much about green tea in this thread! lol
I drink a lot of Tazo Zen (spirimint/lemon grass) green tea at work because I'm a barista and it's free. Lately, I've been drinking the 5-6 cups a day+ since I've become more health conscious. Looks like I should cut back a bit. I do feel better drinking it, though. Coffee really tears my tummy up but again, I make the stuff for 8+ hours a day so free can be hard to resist!

Matcha powder? How do you feel about it? Green tea lattes mmmmm. Or just matcha and hot water. Love it.

Thanks guys!

MarkHerry
29-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Green tea is best solution of fat. It is good to reduce high blood pressure and also makes our skin healthy. Green tea prevents us from cancer and many other diseases. Two cup of green tea is good to drink daily.